Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1015455 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
KrystalDesign:

The next day after my biometrics.

Do you have a problem with yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
@KrystalDesign
Myself and my wife did together using same profile on CIC. Mine reflected immediately while that of my wife still displays "your action is required". What can i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2019
Fabelurin1988:
@KrystalDesign
Myself and my wife did together using same profile on CIC. Mine reflected immediately while that of my wife still displays "your action is required". What can i do?

Gurus in the house with similar case or have an idea of what can be done, please help out as I have not seen such scenario before and can't respond to it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jiggsbaby: 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
Please can someone give me the address of the Canadian biometrics Centre in Abuja ..or the name of the office where I can do my biometrics in Abuja

Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2019
Any one here whose uncle or aunt is standing in as a sponsor for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vchinx: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vchinx: 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
[quote author=olearypo post=82195983]cool, if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask

Thank you. I have an issue understanding the charges and tuition for the program. Can I send it to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sunkanmi562(m): 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pls if someone studies mechanical engineering and for pgd he wants to switch to computer programming and analysis pls is it advisable. And hope it won't cause any issue during the visa processing .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joshnerl: 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hello house please I need help, can I gain admission into University of Winnipeg I have C4 in English and am 23 years old please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2019
Davvymavvy:
Good morning

Good work in here.

Please, I need link to the part 1 and 2 of this educative thread.

Instead of disturbing with questions that must have been trashed in the past, I want to learn from the contributions.

I'll really appreciate if i could be directed appropriately.
You don't need part 1 and 2, start from 13 till date and you will just fine . You can find the link to the previous part in the first page of every part(I don't know if I made sense with that.....Lol)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
Jiggsbaby:
Please can someone give me the address of the Canadian biometrics Centre in Abuja ..or the name of the office where I can do my biometrics in Abuja

Please
Silver bird building in wuse. Just ask the security men. Its on the 1st floor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tajmal: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hi Joshner

Do you intend to study undergraduate or postgraduate program at the university of Winnipeg. Your grade is ok to study in the school.

Joshnerl:
Hello house please I need help, can I gain admission into University of Winnipeg I have C4 in English and am 23 years old please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by electroTech: 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys,I applied for MEng program in University of Victoria since May. I didn't get any response till I decide email them recently about my application status. They replied that it is required that all MEng applicant get a supervisor before being admitted. Meanwhile, my application was based on project/course work.

I'm just confused on what to do now cos I've been waiting since May.

Can anyone suggest other schools I can apply to without having to get a supervisor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sirkay360: 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
Since your program is thesis based, you will need a supervisor.. That's the norm in almost every Canadian universities if not all..

electroTech:
Hi guys,I applied for MEng program in University of Victoria since May. I didn't get any response till I decide email them recently about my application status. They replied that it is required that all MEng applicant get a supervisor before being admitted. Meanwhile, my application was based on project/course work.

Can anyone suggest other schools I can apply to without having to get a supervisor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joshnerl: 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
tajmal:
Hi Joshner

Do you intend to study undergraduate or postgraduate program at the university of Winnipeg. Your grade is ok to study in the school.

Yes undergraduate (science)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ohizzy(m): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
Good evening boss,

Please is the tuition for a semester or for a year? Thanks

tipsycares1:
Good day house,
I've been a silent reader, my first application was denied because of purpose of visit, current employment status and family ties. I used an agent to apply but I'm ready to repackage and apply myself. Please I would need everybody to assist me in anyway they can. Thanks

Document submitted :
LOA - George's brown college ,Advanced diploma in Business administration - Marketing
Tuition Receipt : $8864CAD
Bank Statement
Nysc Certificate
Sop

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by electroTech: 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
sirkay360:
Since your program is thesis based, you will need a supervisor.. That's the norm in almost every Canadian universities if not all..

My program wasn't thesis based. I was even surprised when I was told I need a supervisor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sirkay360: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2019
So your program is only coursework. No research no project?

electroTech:

My program wasn't thesis based. I was even surprised when I was told I need a supervisor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
*Update -Conestoga College open/accepting applications for May 20 for the following Post Graduate Certificate programs:

Applied Manufacturing Management – Design Integration – Guelph Campus 2 years

Applied Network Infrastructure & System Administration Doon Campus- 2 years

Enterprise Content Management- Doon Campus - 2 years

Health Care Administration & Service management - Doon Campus - 2 years

Information Technology Business Analysis operations – Doon Campus - 2 years

Project Management Doon Campus-1 year

Web Design & Development, Doon Campus- 2 years

*General Requirements*:

-
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
Try University of Calgary. I gained admission in a similar program without needing to contact a supervisor.

At this time though, their intakes would be for September 2020.

electroTech:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MOE14(f): 10:15pm On Sep 17, 2019
Sumji:
Try University of Calgary. I gained admission in a similar program without needing to contact a supervisor.

Please what course ?
And how were you able to calculate your tuition & fees . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MOE14(f): 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
Zzzz1234:
#long post alert#

Check
1)memorial university of Newfoundland
2)university of Alberta
3)university of Calgary
those are among the good and affordable universities I know but you need a good/ fair cgpa to get in. Getting a supervisor for Alberta and Calgary will increase your chances of being considered for admission. Yes

University of Alberta ( CAD 10,000 per year)
https://www.ualberta.ca/computing-science/graduate-studies/programs-and-admissions/msc-program

University of Calgary( CAD 13,000 per year)
https://www.ucalgary.ca/future-students/graduate/explore-programs/computer-science-master-science-thesis-based

You can go on google and search for affordable schools for computer science in Canada.

The admission requirements for most of the schools are:
BSc transcript
BSc certificate
English proficiency exams
A good Statement of purpose
Any other certificate/ certification that will make you stand out
CV
Research topic/ interest
Referees from your undergraduate university or if you are working professional referees are accepted.

Those are what I can remember( check the link I above for the requirements)

For getting academic supervisors you need to contact them with a good reason as to why they should be your supervisor ( please don’t send a generic mail to all of them- make each mail specific to the professor and his research interest and how it relate to your interest, convince him/her to why you will be a good addition to his research group)

For getting funding I can’t really talk about that since I haven’t gotten one myself, but I know some research topics have guaranteed funding attached if you can get in

Hope my contribution helps.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
Jiggsbaby:

Please
It's at Silverbird
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
We applied same date, let's pray n hope for the best

KrystalDesign:

9th August. Yours is close but in all I wish you all the best in your pursuit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by segzyndpep(m): 11:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Jephehe:
*Update -Conestoga College open/accepting applications for May 20 for the following Post Graduate Certificate programs:

Applied Manufacturing Management – Design Integration – Guelph Campus 2 years

Applied Network Infrastructure & System Administration Doon Campus- 2 years

Enterprise Content Management- Doon Campus - 2 years

Health Care Administration & Service management - Doon Campus - 2 years

Information Technology Business Analysis operations – Doon Campus - 2 years

Project Management Doon Campus-1 year

Web Design & Development, Doon Campus- 2 years

*General Requirements*:

-

Please will they still open other courses?as am looking towards interior design or decorator
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by electroTech: 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2019
sirkay360:
So your program is only coursework. No research no project?

Yeah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by electroTech: 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2019
Sumji:

Thanks bro. I'll check them out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yenique(f): 11:31pm On Sep 17, 2019
KrystalDesign:
Good morning all. Please who is going to Toronto School of Management?

I applied and got admitted, have you been contacted? Let's share correspondence
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 12:31am On Sep 18, 2019
electroTech:

Thanks bro. I'll check them out

Nah forget UCalgary. They also require a supervisor and I think they've only got thesis-based MSc programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 1:50am On Sep 18, 2019
Let's be guided bro... You think? I know! I gained admission for a COURSE BASED masters program in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, at UCalgary. I'm not guessing, I was told by the representative of the department before I applied, that I don't need to search for a supervisor before applying, as one would be provided if my application is successful. It was successful.

Whoever needs to apply should call the department of interest, and equally go through the schools website. No need guessing or debating over information that is available.

waynee2baba:

Nah forget UCalgary. They also require a supervisor and I think they've only got thesis-based MSc programs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.