Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1017951 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cleanclean(m): 9:40am On Oct 07, 2019
Someone should help me please. I submitted my paper application at VFS global Lagos on 4th October. Please when will it be possible to start tracking it online as it is writing "No Record Found" for now.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2019
Biot34:
Good day I was denied a Canada study visa based on this reason
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment

Please how can I respond to this situation if I want to reapply

Hello Biot34,

If you are tackling this RR, do it for both you and your sponsor. If in your previous application you showed documents that supports your source of income, this time, include additional documents that can show how solid your economic establishement is. If you can prove that you can or always earn an income from side investment, freelancing jobs, ideas, organized workshops, skill acquisition seminars etc and how your prospect course can enable achieve more, given the economic prospect of your immediate environment or community.

P.S: dont just include new documents, connect them in your study plan using proper expatiation.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:48am On Oct 07, 2019
excelchips:
Hello House, I just got admission letter to Masters in Concordia Univeristy of Edmonton. Please, is it late to start Study Permit process / resumption is Winter Jan 7, 2020.

Its not too late, go ahead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2019
Anamekele:

You need to download the form he or she will send to you and sign it.

Pls is this the for you are talking about?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:09am On Oct 07, 2019
foliat:
Good day all, please when filling the application form for study permit, what should I fill for tuition, room and board, others and also funds available for stay. The course is for 1year and eight months.

This question has been answered on several occasions on this thread.

Tuition - Indicate your first year tuition fees as stipulated on the acceptance letter.
Room and Board - 10,000CAD
Others - 3,000CAD
Funds available = Total tuition for the first year, plus room and board plus others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:09am On Oct 07, 2019
tosiiNO:
Look at what I got from one of the organizations I told. ---> Please come up with a draft copy and address it accordingly. We will work with that and revert.

Kind regards.

How should I go about it please?

They're simply asking you to write the letter to suit the purpose based on your own discretion, which they will authenticate if its satisfying or make certain corrections to it before authenticating. The following points the letter should contain are:

1. The official address of the organization
2. The address of IRCC
3. Introduction
4. Purpose of the letter
5. Excerised roles or responsibility
6. Additional information
7. Conclusion

BTW the letter should be at most 500 words - 1 page, and it should be dated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2019
Olatycoon:

That's the consent form, fill in the details of the Representative in Canada and also the Applicant's information in the section, sign with blue ink, scan and send it back to the person requesting the note on your behalf from Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:12am On Oct 07, 2019
Olatycoon:
Pls house I need help, a family member in Canada want to help me order for gmcs note and it need my consent letter pls how do I go about it do I write a consent letter or I will download a template of consent letter. Pls I don't know how to go about it gurus please help

Go to cic.gc.ca to download and fill the "Authorization form for the Use of Representative." When this is done, forward it to the person via email.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2019
ChibuGP:
Hello everyone, please I am really new on this canada thread. I noticed this is thread 16,and I'm far behind on what must have been discussed on previous thread and posts, but I believe I can get simple straight and precise answers for my questions here. Can I apply to study in canada with 2.2 bachelor degree in Sociology/Anthropology for a masters program in sociology?

Look towards applying for a Graduate Diploma/Certificate in a course related to the courses you mentioned.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosinobikoya49: 10:16am On Oct 07, 2019
Good day gurus in the house how can I link my paper application online as my tracking status is showing no record found
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2019
tosinobikoya49:
Good day gurus in the house how can I link my paper application online as my tracking status is showing no record found

LINKING YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE

Steps to link your Study permit paper application online;

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only OR. fill the city and country of birth.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.

11 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2019
foliat:
Good day all, please when filling the application form for study permit, what should I fill for tuition, room and board, others and also funds available for stay. The course is for 1year and eight months.
To add to what Mr. Frank explained I think IRCC want to see that the total tuition for your 18 months program is available, so show the total tuition and fill the amount in tuition column and it should reflect in your sponsor's account, forget what they stated in their website saying first year tuition bla bla bla, at this period I don't think that works for applicants from Nigeria because I was refused on insufficient funds to pay tuition even though I declared more than the first year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anamekele: 10:49am On Oct 07, 2019
Olatycoon:

Yes sign applicant side.then the third party will fill the rest and send.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 11:01am On Oct 07, 2019
Anamekele:

Yes sign applicant side.then the third party will fill the rest and send.

Oh OK thanks God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Desmondola2020: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2019
Hello house.
I need help with my application. I posted few months ago about my visa refusal.
Reasons
1, travel history
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosiiNO: 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2019
Thank you very much. would work on it quote author=JustMellow post=82916615]

They're simply asking you to write the letter to suit the purpose based on your own discretion, which they will authenticate if its satisfying or make certain corrections to it before authenticating. The following points the letter should contain are:

1. The official address of the organization
2. The address of IRCC
3. Introduction
4. Purpose of the letter
5. Exercised role for responsibility
6. Additional information
7. Conclusion

BTW the letter should be at most 500 words - 1 page, and it should be dated.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Useful1: 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

The question is actually referring to married couples (spouse and kids) and not your parents or siblings as the Canadian immigration have more regard for partners and their kids. Since you're single, you're meant to fill one (1) person in the form, which is you the principal Applicant and provide proof of funds for yourself alone. This is a common question been thrown at applicants who are applying for a permanent residency of Canada.

Thanks@ Frankrobbn1. Your response is very useful. Success in your own endeavors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Useful1: 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2019
Stevenssen:

10 people is a whole lot. From the VO's perspective, you all are trying to run to Canada together.

What type of visa is this?

Thanks Stevenssen. I really appreciate your response.

Visa typo is permanent residency.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Useful1: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
mcobex:
Feel free to mention all of them, but also state they are married and are taking care of themselves. You are only required to provide funds for people that are under your care, but since they are not it won't affect the amount you have in your account.
NB: Mentioning them doesn't mean they are traveling with you, CIC just want to know your family members(fill the family info form), but the part where CIC ask if any of them is going to with , say NO.
Good luck

Thanks for your response. It's valuable. Success in your own endeavors.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godblesmyhustle: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2019
Go to gcmsbuddy.com

Olatycoon:
Pls house I need help, a family member in Canada want to help me order for gmcs note and it need my consent letter pls how do I go about it do I write a consent letter or I will download a template of consent letter. Pls I don't know how to go about it gurus please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
Merge all your personal files into one document and upload under "client information" congratulations on securing a spot at Uwin

MissMichelleA:
Hi everyone.
I recently just got an offer for the University of Windsor.
I have paid the initial deposit required to confirm my acceptance and I want to start processing my student permit.
Please can I get guidelines?
I have setup my account and I have even opened a new application on IRCC.
I can see the documents they asked me to upload but I'm a bit confused as to where the police report, IELTS score card and other documents I see people talking about is supposed to fall under.
I would really appreciate it if someone can break it down for me.
Also my dad is my sponsor. I dunno if this information would be valuable as well.
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
BVL dropped, I'll know my fate soon cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dorange(m): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
benque:

When did you apply? Is this your first application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
benque:
As I saw this now my heart cut, like when I received that scary BVL for my first application,
Did you submit your application with upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
benque:
As I saw this now my heart cut, like when I received that scary BVL for my first application,
Did you submit your application with upfront medical? and has your eligibility been reading?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2019
August 28th

dorange:

When did you apply? Is this your first application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
I submitted upfront o. Omo everything has been reading since the beginning. My heart dey cut dey go so tongue

bennyg24:

Did you submit your application with upfront medical? and has your eligibility been reading?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by meg123: 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2019
Thanks for your advise.
I have requested for gcms note and have also asked for deferral because my program was suppose to start by January.

I Hope to use the VO response on the gcms to tackle the next application...

Please, who can help me proof-read my LOE/SOP?

Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear your study visa was rejected. My best advice for you is to sit down, construct a convincing letter of explanation with relevant documentation/proof that will tackle those generic reasons that were highlighted on your refusal letter as well as explaining your home ties to Nigeria. Leave no stone unturned this time. At the end, pray for grace and reapply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Desmondola2020: 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2019
Pls house I’m still waiting for response. Thanks

Desmondola2020
post=82918166:

Hello house.
I need help with my application. I posted few months ago about my visa refusal.
Reasons
1, travel history
2- purpose of visit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Folausman01: 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hello I found this helpful. Please is there anyone who can help me go through my SOP personally before my application, I'm worried its not as detailed as you explain it should be here. Would also appreciate all the help and tips I can get
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 19CannyMum: 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
Useful1:

Thanks Stevenssen. I really appreciate your response.

Visa typo is permanent residency.

https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by foliat: 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2019
Thanks for your detailed response. I have paid the fees for first semester already do I deduct it from the funds available. I mean for example if I have 30000$ A’s bank balance, do I include the tuition of 8000$ I have already paid to make it 38000$ available funds?

Frankrobbn1:

This question has been answered on several occasions on this thread.

Tuition - Indicate your first year tuition fees as stipulated on the acceptance letter.
Room and Board - 10,000CAD
Others - 3,000CAD
Funds available = Total tuition for the first year, plus room and board plus others.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.