Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1017396 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Serious case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
Gwendollyn:
Good evening guys. I applied June 3rd. The VO that took my biometrics was really nice and he tried to make me understand that a times refusals are not necessarily about meeting the requirements or not. That they usually have a stipulated number of applicants that they are expected to accept at a period of time. And if for instance they are to accept a 100 applicants and you are the 101 applicant, there'd reject and just give you generic reasons for refusal. And also, this summer period is their peak work period so they usually encounter a number of delays. We should keep praying and hoping we pass the benchmark
I think the information is right cos I have also read about it before... but those guys that takes your biometric informations are actually vfs officials not VO

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
papijulah:

Everybody keeps getting same mail. Is that a new trend?
Might be!!! They tend to change their mood of operations every time so MAY applicants should be hopeful since it’s like everyone is getting the letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
I have only seen one here on Nairaland, but it looks like this. I found this on the Internet.

Greatg0809:

Please wat does biometrics correspondence letter look like

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gwendollyn(f): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Sorry about the misplaced naming. Didn't know what they were called, thanks for the clarification. I just want us all to know where to channel more of our energy to, and also not to over beat ourselves.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
Gwendollyn:
Sorry about the misplaced naming. Didn't know what they were called, thanks for the clarification. I just want us all to know where to channel more of our energy to, and also not to over beat ourselves.
Que sera sera!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whynotme: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2019
I applied May 14, upfront medical passed May 24. BCL came in yesterday. Eligibility review started also the same day with BCL
We just have to wait it out and see.
Its well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
Jenny08:
I applied May 30th Paper route
No upfront medical
I got the biometric validation letter today

Hmmmm......all is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stonecoldsteve: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
I didn't want to believe this until I read an article on it. Apart from the quota system, highest rejections are from:
1. Schools in the Atlantic provinces
2. College applicants and undergraduate applicants above 21 or 23 (can't remember)
3. Applicants from Nigeria, Pakistan, Cameroon

All information was backed with statistical evidence from Canadian embassy records.

Gwendollyn:
Good evening guys. I applied June 3rd. The VO that took my biometrics was really nice and he tried to make me understand that a times refusals are not necessarily about meeting the requirements or not. That they usually have a stipulated number of applicants that they are expected to accept at a period of time. And if for instance they are to accept a 100 applicants and you are the 101 applicant, there'd reject and just give you generic reasons for refusal. And also, this summer period is their peak work period so they usually encounter a number of delays. We should keep praying and hoping we pass the benchmark

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hadigun: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
I applied on May 22, Im yet to receive any mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
I noticed some kinda difference on the site display. Maybe a system upgrade.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whynotme: 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
Amahjosh:
Please, the rate at which I am seeing biometric correspondence coming before medical request or medical changing to pass is getting me scared or is it a new pattern.

I applied on the 7th of June and I did upfront medicals and got a biometric collection letter on the 8th of June then on the 13th of June my medicals was changed to Passed. Review of Eligibility has not started yet, Is this normal or a good sign?
Do you mean biometric request letter? This the first time I'm seeing biometrics correspondence come before review of eligibility.
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hadigun: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
No one wants to reply me on this

hadigun:
Hello everyone, Please i submitted my application via paper route since May 22, I've been trying to link my application online, but it keeps saying no application found. Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Greatg0809: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2019
Bracha:
I have only seen one here on Nairaland, but it looks like this. I found this on the Internet.

Thank u dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2019
prospy01:
Hello everyone,
I'm an ardent reader of this thread since I applied 10th May via paper route. I just got a mail of my Biometric validity untill 2029/05/10, please does this mean a Medical Request will be a follow-up mail? Gurus help.
@prospy01

A decision has already been reached on your application and it's an automatic refusal. Nairlanders should be well prepared that there is a certain period of time (peak period) when the Canadian embassies are faced with multitudinous applications and will intentionally start refusing study permit applications with insubstantial and general reasons. It is at this point in time we start receiving generic GCMS NOTES from potential candidates who were denied of their visas. It might be a shock to you guys seeing so many applicants receiving biometrics correspondence letter/refusals this recent times, however this is the trend I have carefully observed in the past two years and above of my existence on the reputable platform.. A great deal of approvals/medical request will subsequently follow as soon as the refusals have been dished out. As a consequence, you guys shouldn't fright whenever you start facing this changes on this thread.

For the benefit of those that were refused recently, I'll personally advise you from the wisdom of my experiences to use the attached GCMS NOTE in preparation of your visa reapplication because I have noticed an act of using general GCMS note by the embassy has begun.

I wish you all the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
Whynotme:

Do you mean biometric request letter? This the first time I'm seeing biometrics correspondence come before review of eligibility.
Interesting
from the look of things , eligibility reviews yesterday and today came with bio letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bukonlami: 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
Thanks @Bracha
Is it okay if one receives biometric validation letter before medical request.

Bracha:
Biometric validation letter: a letter informing you of the validity of your submitted biometrics. It's normally valid for 10 years.

Biometric request letter: a letter requesting you submit your biometrics to the visa application Centre.

From what I have seen here, BVL and the Biometrics correspondence letter are one and the same.

Then there's the Correspondence letter/Letter of Introduction: this letter is given to you just as you get your visa counterfoil or after. It's the letter that introduces you at the port of entry into Canada. Some call it correspondence letter, while others call it letter of introduction.

Hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whynotme: 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

@prospy01

A decision has already been reached on your application and it's an automatic refusal. Nairlanders should be well prepared that there is a certain period of time (peak period) when the Canadian embassies are faced with multitudinous applications and will intentionally start refusing study permit applications with insubstantial and general reasons. It is at this point in time we start receiving generic GCMS NOTES from potential candidates who were denied of their visas. It might be a shock to you guys seeing so many applicants receiving biometrics correspondence letter/refusals, however this is the trend I have carefully observed in the past two years and above of my existence on the reputable platform.. A great deal of approvals will subsequently follow as soon as the refusals have been dished out. As a consequence, you guys shouldn't fright whenever you start facing this changes on this thread.

For the benefit of those that were refused recently, I'll personally advise you from the wisdom of my experiences to use the attached GCMS NOTE in preparation of your visa reapplication because I have noticed an act of using general GCMS note by the embassy has begun.

I wish you all the best
Well said Frank, but I think the issue now is that no one has been refused. That's why we think its possible CIC have changes their format.
Cos even before Biometrics correspondence used to be sent at the beginning before, instead of at the end.
I'm thinking it's possible the format has changed.
What d'you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

@prospy01

A decision has already been reached on your application and it's an automatic refusal. Nairlanders should be well prepared that there is a certain period of time (peak period) when the Canadian embassies are faced with multitudinous applications and will intentionally start refusing study permit applications with insubstantial and general reasons. It is at this point in time we start receiving generic GCMS NOTES from potential candidates who were denied of their visas. It might be a shock to you guys seeing so many applicants receiving biometrics correspondence letter/refusals, however this is the trend I have carefully observed in the past two years and above of my existence on the reputable platform.. A great deal of approvals will subsequently follow as soon as the refusals have been dished out. As a consequence, you guys shouldn't fright whenever you start facing this changes on this thread.

I wish you all the best
very well said. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Amahjosh(m): 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
Yea I mean biometric request letter. Sorry for the mistake
Whynotme:

Interesting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whynotme: 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2019
Amahjosh:
Yea I mean biometric request letter. Sorry for the mistake

OK. You're in order.
So you have to wait for eligibility review to start and probably then the biometric validity correspondence will come in. They are two different things
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Going forward I hope all applicants will update the house when they receive bio letter or any update. Especially the silent reader like me that this situation brought out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2019
Whynotme:

Well said Frank, but I think the issue now is that no one has been refused. That's why we think its possible CIC have changes their format.
Cos even before Biometrics correspondence used to be sent at the beginning before, instead of at the end.
I'm thinking it's possible the format has changed.
What d'you think?

The letter that is sent within 24-48hrs after application submission is referred to as Biometrics Instructions letter (BIL) . Starting from September 2018 until now, we noticed that any applicant that receives a biometrics validity letter (BVL) during application processing without a medical request is an automatic refusal from the Canadian embassy. As you can see from @prospy01 profile, he submitted his application on May 10th and received his BVL after 6 weeks of submission without a medical request. In this case, his application is at risk of being refused.

I hope he returns to share with the house the outcome of his application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2019
Whynotme:

OK. You're in order.
So you have to wait for eligibility review to start and probably then the biometric validity correspondence will come in. They are two different things

Once an applicant receives the biometrics validity letter it automatically moves to review of eligibility, that's their mode of operation for the kenya, Nairobi Immigration office.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bukonlami: 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
@Frankrobbn1
So what should one expect after BIL.

Frankrobbn1:

Once an applicant receives the biometrics validity letter it automatically moves to review of eligibility, that's their mode of operation for the kenya, Nairobi Immigration office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
What if you’re on the eligibility review before you got the BVL? Is that a different scenario ?
Frankrobbn1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2019
Tvickie:
What if you’re on the eligibility review before you got the BVL? Is that a different scenario ?
Yes so far you didn’t do upfront or get a medical exam request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
bukonlami:
@Frankrobbn1

A medical request for those that didn't include an upfront medical sheet with your application. As for those that did an upfront medical exam, their application are 50/50 as most times their medical result are updated as passed before the BVL. In a nutshell, after BIL you should expect a medical request followed by a passport request.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
bukonlami:
@Frankrobbn1

You go to vfs to enroll for biometric...after you have done that, wait for cic instruction or decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
Tvickie:

It's the same thing since you didn't receive a medical request before the BVL, the application is at risk of being denied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2019
Congrats bro
Whynotme:
I applied May 14, upfront medical passed May 24. BCL came in yesterday. Eligibility review started also the same day with BCL
We just have to wait it out and see.
Its well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2019
No without receiving the BVL.
Frankrobbn1:

It's the same thing since you didn't receive a medical request before the BVL, the application is at risk of being denied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.