Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,897 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1005012 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KennethBest: 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
Please sir I'm new here,God bless you for feeding us with beffiting information about Canada scholarship thread.
Please can someone with 3.17cgpa gain scholarship for masters in any university in Canada plz?.
If not,can I get either scholarship or normal admission into any canada university for postgraduate diploma?.
Or maybe to any maritime Academy to my health safety education (HSE) in order to be seaworthy because I read'Maritime management technology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
I thought as much because all engineering courses are done in St. John’s
Ayodeji786:

That's St John's campus. You aren't coming to where I am.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2019
@yk45 you are moving 2020 January right? Hope to see you in St Johns, Canada.
Yk45:
Yes. Oil and gas engineering

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by senoritzy: 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
Congrats
Ubah007:
I just got my Approval(PPR)and my correspondence Letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by senoritzy: 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2019
Congrats l tap into this grace and favor
Ubah007:
I just got my Approval(PPR)and my correspondence Letter

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2019
Yk45:
I would be coming in January by God's grace.

I will join you by January

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kimmiebends(f): 3:45am On Nov 13, 2019
Hi house, do we have a sample L.O.E in this thread?
Can some one point it out to me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jerido: 4:31am On Nov 13, 2019
Good Afternoon everyone. Please does anyone knows where to get Government-Issued Photo ID notarized by the Canadian Embassy. I have tried all possible means but no response by mailing, calling the contact phone line and visited the designated address at :
[/b]''Government-Issued Photo ID not notarized. Please submit a Government-Issued Photo ID that must be notarized by the Canadian Embassy or Canadian Consulate in Nigeria. Please find on the link provided, the address and contact information for offices in Nigeria that may assist you with notarizing your Photo ID: https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates/nigeria .''[b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mekanta7(m): 6:15am On Nov 13, 2019
Hello FAM, I'm in Abj now to give my biometrics. What time does the embassy open?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by muna3926: 7:14am On Nov 13, 2019
Please gurus in the house help me out ,i got approval and passport request since oct 2 and i submitted oct4th after waiting for more than 1month ,They now sent me a mail that i used a counterfeit bank documents ,that i should send in the proper documents within 30days of the mail,please what do i do ,am sure the documents are not counterfeit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 7:26am On Nov 13, 2019
Processing time is now 6 weeks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IfeoluwaPelumi7: 7:40am On Nov 13, 2019
Good morning everyone! Pls i need a quick response some challenges with my online application.
1. I discovered that there are limited spot for additional documents. I couldn't find the spot to attach academic records and also police clearance certificate e.t.c. pls what do you suggest i do?
2. Which application is better; online application or paper based application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 7:49am On Nov 13, 2019
Since you are sure that the bank documents are not counterfeit, then quickly go to the bank, tell them about the message you got, ask for a reprint, they may also give you a cover letter or send the document to the immigration/embassy directly or give you a password that you will send to the immigration so that they can access the document. In other words, all i am saying is that you have nothing to worry about, just go to the bank and it will be resolved. Congratulations... though you didnt tell us about your approval until now that you have issues.
It will end in praise.

muna3926:
Please gurus in the house help me out ,i got approval and passport request since oct 2 and i submitted oct4th after waiting for more than 1month ,They now sent me a mail that i used a counterfeit bank documents ,that i should send in the proper documents within 30days of the mail,please what do i do ,am sure the documents are not counterfeit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 8:42am On Nov 13, 2019
Beautiful morning fam

My tracking records is showing no records found.
I submitted on the 11th of oct, has been showing processing just last week I checked and it was showing no records found uptil now ( paper route)

What does it mean?

And how can I link it up online?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by darey360(m): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2019
Hello house , good morning , I have been given admission at Fawanshe college (agric Business ) SEPT 2020 PGC studied Agric engineering in my under graduate , been working in my dads Farm for three years now , he dose not really pay me salary, but I also have some other side hustles, also he does not have a company bank account , just his personal bank account.
PLEASE how can I tackle these issues and prepare my self for visa application?
Thanks a lot for your contributions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MissMichelleA(f): 9:43am On Nov 13, 2019
Merge all those additional documents together. There are applications that can do it for you online. Remember that the limit is 4MB though.
IfeoluwaPelumi7:
Good morning everyone! Pls i need a quick response some challenges with my online application.
1. I discovered that there are limited spot for additional documents. I couldn't find the spot to attach academic records and also police clearance certificate e.t.c. pls what do you suggest i do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 9:48am On Nov 13, 2019
muna3926:
So unfortunate to hear this.

You need to tell yourself the truth if you really submitted counterfeit bank statement. If this is true, I am sorry you have no excuse to give. But if it is on the contrary, you need to go to your bank, get an updated bank stated, and have your bank send to them with a cover letter. You can also send through webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2019
kalushaiyke:

Good morning. Can a second class lower graduate get a masters in Canada. Cgpa2.9. Thanks

No, the minimum requirement for a master's program in Canada is 2.1.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2019
ESTHERNDUKA:

1. sponsor's affidavit (father)
2. receipt from the court
3. all stamped document declared
4. fathers financial sponsorship letter
5. police report
6, admission letter
7. admission payment receipt
8. SOP
9. birth certificate
8. introduction letter from place of work
9. payslip
10. stamped leave letter
11. passport
12. my bank statement of like 1. something million
13. father's bank statments (3 precisely)
14. ND and HND transcript (my certificate is not ready)
15. introduction letter from my school stating my grade and all

school
coast mountain college BC, i intend doing diploma in business adminstration.

Studied computer science for my first degree, i finished last year

After careful review of your profile and the list of documents submitted in your previous refused application. I noticed that there is no career progression between your interest, your intended program, level of education and current activity. You've degree in computer science and now going for an ordinary diploma in business administration in an unpopular College in Canada. This gives the visa officer the impression that you're not a bona-fide Applicant, but using study permit as a means to facilitate entry into Canada rather than educational advancement.

My best advise for you, is that you should start afresh by applying for a post graduate certificate program or master's program in a closely related discipline in IT. This explains to the visa officer that your intent of going to Canada is genuinely to study and depart after your authorized stay.

It shall end praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2019
Piecoco:
Please what does it mean, if your application is in review?

BACKGROUND CHECK;

WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK: means they are matching the information you provided with their records, if you previously committed a crime, refused a visa, ordered to leave a country and if you are a threat to their security or on a wanted watch list. Normally if everything is equal, It's at this stage your criminality will be automatically be declared as passed, which can be attesed in several GCMS notes I have reviewed.

REVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY;

WE ARE REVIEWING WHETHER YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: is the final check and the final stage of your application at the Visa Office. At this point, all of the components of your application are assessed by IRCC. The visa officer will be checking if you actually QUALIFY for a study permit and if your application meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation's (IRPR) for visa issuance. During the eligibility review, the Visa officer will then request for medical check ups as needed by the Visa Office to complete your application.

Most times, it is the Review of Eligibility that some applicants fail to meet because their applications and conditions does not meet the three (3) core requirements of the IRCC Act which are namely;

1-) Financial Sufficiency to cover your tuition, living expenses and transportation to Canada.
2-) Course Correlation and failure to convince the visa officer that the primary intention of travelling to Canada is to study.
3-) Family ties in home country that can motivate your return home after studies.

Other checks are just standard procedure for IRCC.

After successful review of applicant's application entirety and considering that there were no serious issues in the medical checkup, mispresentation, and security to ensure that applicant will not be a danger to Canadians should your study permit be approved, the Visa Officer will then request for your passport for visa stamps.

My post as at February, 2018

I hope this helps.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ubah007: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2019
muna3926:
do they actually send something like this even after PPR? I’m not sure you’re being truthful about the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 10:31am On Nov 13, 2019
Ubah007:
do they actually send something like this even after PPR? I’m not sure you’re being truthful about the whole thing.

Yes they do. There is always a secondary review especially on POF. This is done by the Embassy in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:42am On Nov 13, 2019
muna3926:

It's a normal procedure for the Canadian Immigration office, Lagos to carry out a Secondary Review on your POF after a Visa approval. Since you didn't purportedly submitted a fraudulent bank statement, you've nothing to be scared of. Simply walk into your nearest bank and request for an updated statement which will begin from the time you printed the previous one until date, showing history of inflow and outflow of funds into the account. Also get a bank reference letter attesting to the fact that your sponsor/you is the bona-fide owner of this bank statement and has satisfactorily been running the account since it's creation and until now.

Keep the house posted on your experience.

It shall end in praises.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2019
muna3926:

Hello Muna3926,

Its painful to hear about your situation. If actually there wasn't any misrepresentation in your BS contrary to the claims of the VO, the most swift way to clear the VO's doubt will be sending the account bank statement ID and the ticket password directly to them (IRCC) either by you or the bank following the instructions inputted in the letter. Go to the bank and talk to the/your account officer. Also, the second option will be to have the bank send the BS directly from their data base with their corporate email to IRCC.

But if the case seems otherwise, that IRCC is right, there won't be need trying to prove them wrong, just chill it out.

I wish you all the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ESTHERNDUKA: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2019
Ok frank thanks for your time.....i dont mind if you help with schools suggestions. Also trying to get my GCMS note and i am still not figuring it out dont know if you can help. would pay for the cost......
Thanks in anticipation

Frankrobbn1:

After careful review of your profile and the list of documents submitted in your previous refused application. I noticed that there is no career progression between your interest, your intended program, level of education and current activity. You've degree in computer science and now going for an ordinary diploma in business administration in an unpopular College in Canada. This gives the visa officer the impression that you're not a bona-fide Applicant, but using study permit as a means to facilitate entry into Canada rather than educational advancement.

My best advise for you, is that you should start afresh by applying for a post graduate certificate program or master's program in a closely related discipline in IT. This explains to the visa officer that your intent of going to Canada is genuinely to study and depart after your authorized stay.

It shall end praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:15am On Nov 13, 2019
IfeoluwaPelumi7:

Q1-) Upload all supporting documents under the Client Information column

Q2-) None of the routes are faster because all correspondence whether paper or online applications are transmitted to Kenya, Nairobi for due visa processing. However, online is cheaper and more convenient than paper route.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It's optional for sponsored applicant to include their personal statement. Oñly on the account that you've been in gainful employment with vast working experience would you be required to include your personal statement.

Okay boss. I appreciate.

I'm submitting the CAC documents of 2 companies I co founded. However, none of these companies are sponsoring me. I'm using a different sponsor. Would this a red flag?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:26am On Nov 13, 2019
holllowu:
Processing time is now 6 weeks

First time ever in history to see Canadian Study Permit processing time for Nigerian Applicants drastically reduced to six (6) weeks at this time of the year (NOV/DEC) shocked shocked . It's very very strange and surprising to me. Well, I feel this is as a result of the unusual high rate of visa refusals, hence there are only few applications at the embassy that are yet to be processed. Applicants that were rejected, are yet to reapply, some have deferred their admission to next year, while others have changed their plans to focus on other countries. I can confidently attest to the fact that since my three years of existence here, processing times are normally programmed at 22 and 23weeks towards the end of every year.

It's quite unfortunate that Kenya VO's are very strict to Nigerians this period, thus resulting to a decrease in processing times due to less workload at the embassy.

See the attachment for processing times last year 2017/2018.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
please i have money in nigeria domiciliary account upto 2k dollars, whats the best way to convert it to canadian dollars in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ivygive: 12:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=83986366]

First time ever in history to see Canadian Study Permit processing time for Nigerian Applicants drastically reduced to six (6) weeks at this time of the year (NOV/DEC) shocked shocked . It's very very strange and surprising to me. Well, I feel this is as a result of the unusual high rate of visa refusals, hence there are only few applications at the embassy that are yet to be processed. Applicants that were rejected, are yet to reapply, some have deferred their admission to next year, while others have changed their plans to focus on other countries. I can confidently attest to the fact that since my three years of existence here, processing times are normally programmed at 22 and 23weeks towards the end of every year.

It's quite unfortunate that Kenya VO's are very strict to Nigerians this period, thus resulting to a decrease in processing times due to less workload at the embassy.

First time here and I have learnt a lot I am hopeful we will end in praises.
I submitted 19st October
Biometrics 22nd October
But haven't gotten any other mail since then please any advice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
ChidimmaP:

Okay boss. I appreciate.

I'm submitting the CAC documents of 2 companies I co founded. However, none of these companies are sponsoring me. I'm using a different sponsor. Would this a red flag?

It's not an issue if the company is not providing their financal statements. After all, the canadian visa officer's don't have much regard for company Sponsorship. However it would make a whole lot of sense if you could include the company's CAC documents showing that you are also a co-owner of these companies, and also backup your claims with brief explanation in your SOP under the home ties sub-heading.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
Ivygive:

First time here and I have learnt a lot I am hopeful we will end in praises.
I submitted 19st October
Biometrics 22nd October
But haven't gotten any other mail since then please any advice?

You just have to chill for a while as your application is currently under active processing at the immigration office and within the processing times. Hopefully you should receive a feedback from IRCC before the month ends.

It shall end in praises.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (644)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.