Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1005010 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
Vesment:
please i have money in nigeria domiciliary account upto 2k dollars, whats the best way to convert it to canadian dollars in canada?

Use www.oanda.com for your currency exchange conversion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

BACKGROUND CHECK;

WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK: means they are matching the information you provided with their records, if you previously committed a crime, refused a visa, ordered to leave a country and if you are a threat to their security or on a wanted watch list. Normally if everything is equal, It's at this stage your criminality will be automatically be declared as passed, which can be attesed in several GCMS notes I have reviewed.

REVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY;

WE ARE REVIEWING WHETHER YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: is the final check and the final stage of your application at the Visa Office. At this point, all of the components of your application are assessed by IRCC. The visa officer will be checking if you actually QUALIFY for a study permit and if your application meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation's (IRPR) for visa issuance. During the eligibility review, the Visa officer will then request for medical check ups as needed by the Visa Office to complete your application.

Most times, it is the Review of Eligibility that some applicants fail to meet because their applications and conditions does not meet the three (3) core requirements of the IRCC Act which are namely;

1-) Financial Sufficiency to cover your tuition, living expenses and transportation to Canada.
2-) Course Correlation and failure to convince the visa officer that the primary intention of travelling to Canada is to study.
3-) Family ties in home country that can motivate your return home after studies.

Other checks are just standard procedure for IRCC.

After successful review of applicant's application entirety and considering that there were no serious issues in the medical checkup, mispresentation, and security to ensure that applicant will not be a danger to Canadians should your study permit be approved, the Visa Officer will then request for your passport for visa stamps.

My post as at February, 2018

I hope this helps.
Thank you boss�

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
ndubuisi1213:
Beautiful morning fam

My tracking records is showing no records found.
I submitted on the 11th of oct, has been showing processing just last week I checked and it was showing no records found uptil now ( paper route)

What does it mean?

And how can I link it up online?

Thanks

Use your MyCIC Account to track the progress of your application. Considering that you submitted through paper route follow this STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE TO LINK YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE.

It shall end in praises

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Use your MyCIC Account to track the progress of your application. Considering that you submitted through paper route follow this STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE TO LINK YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE.

It shall end in praises

Thanks frank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
darey360:
Hello house , good morning , I have been given admission at Fawanshe college (agric Business ) SEPT 2020 PGC studied Agric engineering in my under graduate , been working in my dads Farm for three years now , he dose not really pay me salary, but I also have some other side hustles, also he does not have a company bank account , just his personal bank account.
PLEASE how can I tackle these issues and prepare my self for visa application?
Thanks a lot for your contributions

I see no issues here as you made it sound. It's never compulsory for Sponsor's who run an establishment in their home country to include a company bank statement when sponsoring an applicant's education and stay in Canada. Also be well informed that it's also not a mandatory requirement that applicants who are gainfully employed must include their salary bank statements during visa application. In view of the fact that you're going for an Agric-business program at Fanshawe College, a reference letter from your dad's farm business/organization must suffice. This letter should mention your job title, responsibilities and duties in the business, employment start date, annual renumeration and allowances etc. The letter should be printed on the business official letter headed paper and duly signed by the HR or your dad. I would suggest you stick to the fact that you're working in the family's farm and you're going to Canada to advance your career so as to be able to take the family's business to a greater height in the near future and contribute positively to the Nigerian agricultural system as well as creating job opportunities etc.....

All the best!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
Wetin Musa nor go see for online gate. This is just too expensive for an uncertainty. Highest I've heard so far.
Jerido:
Good Afternoon everyone. Please does anyone knows where to get Government-Issued Photo ID notarized by the Canadian Embassy. I have tried all possible means but no response by mailing, calling the contact phone line and visited the designated address at :
[/b] ''Government-Issued Photo ID not notarized. Please submit a Government-Issued Photo ID that must be notarized by the Canadian Embassy or Canadian Consulate in Nigeria. Please find on the link provided, the address and contact information for offices in Nigeria that may assist you with notarizing your Photo ID: https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates/nigeria .''[b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by librangyps(f): 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

I see no issues here as you made it sound. It's never compulsory for Sponsor's who run an establishment in their home country to include a company bank statement when sponsoring an applicant's education and stay in Canada. Also be well informed that it's also not a mandatory requirement that applicants who are gainfully employed must include their salary bank statements during visa application.

All the best!

Hi Frank, I must say you are doing a very good job.

The issue of proof of fund

The issue of my bank statement have been bugging cos I dont have plenty millions to declare. I will like to use my hubbs bank statement as sponsor, and four months pay slip from my job average monthly of say 170k.

Also two hubbs companies with cac where I'm one of the directors .

I dont want to include my bank statement at all cos I will like to add what I have saved up to my hubbs balance and use his alone.

Maybe pay one year tuition from hubbs account.

Receipts from his importation business as proof of business transactions.

Personal account balance of 10m

My tuition is roughly 1.5m a year

MUN MBA.

What do you think?

Is it too scanty.

For home ties I'm married with kids and a member of a professional accounting body.

Also my admission is against fall next year. Is February too early to apply.

Thank you so much Frank.

I'm an ardent Fan and reader of all your posts, Justwise and the rest of the house, you are all doing a wonderful job.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2019
Like for real ?? 22 weeks?

That's way too much.
Frankrobbn1:

Amen! Thanks very much;
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
I got a refusal today. For a while my world paused. It's disappointing and heart breaking though but I won't give up just yet.

Thanks to Uncle Frankrobbn1 for his continuous encouragement and support.
I wish everyone the very best in the application.

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
So sorry to hear about your refusal @Cjleks Pls never give up on this for you will share a testimony soon.

What was the reason for refusal? Kindly share your docs. Submitted.

#GODS PLAN
Cjleks:
I got a refusal today. For a while my world paused. It's disappointing and heart breaking though but I won't give up just yet.

God bless us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
Cjleks:

God bless us all.

So sorry to hear about your delay, God will always make a way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dannishcukie: 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hi Frank@ Frankrobbn1 .. May God increase your wisdom and bless you all round.

I was refused visa on the grounds of purpose of study and employment Situation. Was offered admission to study Economics Bsc in university of Regina. I have a National Diploma in Office Technology and Mgt since 2012. Since then I have been working with my Sister in her Forex company as the branch Manager.

From the wealth of information i have gathered here. It’s glaring I didn’t correlate my diploma in Office technology and Management with my propose course of study which is Economics.

Again someone advised me to forfeit the admission of Bsc Economics to do PGD since it is a direct progression.
I would like to know if am on the right track reapplying for the same course and degree which I suggest is a direct progression too.. from ND to BSc also your suggestions on lines to correlate these two courses. I would really appreciate your prompt response remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KennethBest: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hello Frankrobb1,God bless you for feeding us with info necessarily.

Please help a Brother,Please sir I'm new here,God bless you for feeding us with beffiting information about Canada scholarship thread.
Please can someone with 3.17cgpa gain scholarship for masters in any university in Canada plz?.
If not,can I get either scholarship or normal admission into any canada university for postgraduate diploma?.
Or maybe to any maritime Academy to my health safety education (HSE) in order to be seaworthy because I read'Maritime management technology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by echdani: 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hello everyone, i pray all our hustle will end in praise.Thanks to all who have been supporting with one information or the other, God blessyou all.
I submitted my paper applicationon 11th October2019, linked to online after about 3 weeks with the guidance of Frank... Just today, i receiveda correspondence regarding the validity of my biometrics. Please how many more weeks or days would i expect the final verdit?. Am just being curious anyway. Thanks
Frankrobbn1:

Sorry about the outcome of your application. You should receive the final decision via your MyCIC Account tomorrow being Tuesday after the website maintenance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OliviaPretty9: 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
Very nice write-up. I had to read this piece twice.
I Neva knew UBC is free for Nigerians.

Keep the faith, you would do just fine.

If we aren't scared, then it ain't worth it.
Cheers!

APPROVAL ALERT: 7th November.

UBC admission: 28th August
Online Application: 18th Sept
Biometrics Request: 20th Sept
Biometrics Done: 26th Sept.
Medical Request:16th Oct.
Medicals Done : 24th Oct.(IOM Lag)
Medicals Passed: 30th Oct.
BVL: 7th Nov.
Passport Request: 7th Nov.

First time applicant.

My passport was to expire 3 months into the winter term and of course, my Visa's validity if granted wouldn't be longer than March, so I had to wait for it to drop into the 6th month, then I applied for passport renewal and my previous passport was cancelled without prejudice although my Visa pages, entry and exits weren't stamped/cancelled ( just the old biodata and blank pages) My new passport also contains the number of the old one though. I also got my police clearance certificate in September.

Took me not less than a week to write a one and a half pages of SOP. I kept editing and restructuring, adding and subtracting. My strategy was to weigh the pros n cons of each point I try to make. Any information that I weigh n perceive could be misinterpreted, I threw more light. For instance, my kids are part of my ties. The least is 2 years old. I felt the VO would wonder why a sane mother would want to leave her young child. At the same time, i felt the VO would also wonder how i would travel with a toddler given the intensity of my professional masters degree. I had to choose one side of the argument and gave solid reasons which sent a pointer to my determination to study and graduate with good grades while outlining adequate steps I've put in place for the welfare of the kids I'm leaving behind.

I also mentioned what I intend to do upon return and showed evidence of some tangible things I'd leave behind as a major fallback when I return. Each day I read my SOP, it made deeper meaning. I understood it differently and kept manipulating it until I was convinced that I had done noble. Worthy to mention is that I showed a career progression from my previous study and current work experience, to the intended program. Meanwhile, I attached an LOE to explain my previous US tourist Visa rejection, reason for not writing IELTS + correspondence from school confirming that IELTS would be waived if my undergraduate school sends them a proof that I was taught in English, other source of income, family composition(group photograph of the kids with my teenage ward).

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED (For ease of reference):

Travel history(US)
Self-sponsorship
Employed with a meagre salary
Printed n submitted the tuition n cost of living page as seen on the school's website.
Statement of account(4 months)
Fixed deposit(rolled over monthly)
Reference letter from bank
Transcripts
Proof of English Proficiency from undergrad school
Letter from employer(recent)
TCC
Pay stubs (3months)
Survey plans of properties in my name
Birth certificates of kids
Hubby n dad's biodata page.
Picture of just the kids together with a minor ward.
Confirmation letter from UBC on deposit payment
Conditional letter of acceptance
SOP
LOE
Tuition Fee is to be paid in 3 instalments

I think less is actually more. SOP was straight to the point so as not to bore the VO or divulge unnecessary information that could be used against me. For each information I gave, I asked myself if it was necessary and directly related to my application. Then I moved to weighing the implication of every possible answer. I actually set up a law court in my head.

For me, preparing and sending in my application was like preparing for a life changing exam. I almost gave up cos it was too much for just an application, but for the deposit I already made...I needed at least a rejection to get it back. Also, remembering the high blood pressure UBC gave me before admission was granted; the series of interviews on Skype, the long essay I was asked to write and submit...Honestly, it's a privilege to have scaled through all these. Believe me when I say that those interviews aren't healthy at all. Note that I was asked to consent to being recorded during the interview. When I thought I had seen it all, weeks later I was scheduled for yet another interview, then, the essay.

Now that my Visa application has been approved and passport requested, my emotion is beginning to fail me. Can I really do this? Am I willing to leave my kids behind? Can I cope with the exorbitant rent in Vancouver? How long can I hang in without my family? From my timetable, I will be having just a 2-week break in April. I really need help, fam.

Na play play I take apply give UBC cos application na free for Nigerians. Sent them only photocopies of my credentials and had nothing to lose until admission was granted after which I paid a compulsory deposit to secure my place in the program.

PS: I have an active EE profile and didn't delete for the purpose of this application. If I perish, I perish! Lol

Meanwhile much respect to frankrobbin, justmellow and all those who take time to respond to questions on this platform. E no easy, I swear. See as hand dey pain me!

I'm sorry if you've read this before. I just copied, pasted and edited. I can't kill myself. Lol

Much luv, fam[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
echdani:
Hello everyone, i pray all our hustle will end in praise.Thanks to all who have been supporting with one information or the other, God blessyou all.
I submitted my paper applicationon 11th October2019, linked to online after about 3 weeks with the guidance of Frank... Just today, i receiveda correspondence regarding the validity of my biometrics. Please how many more weeks or days would i expect the final verdit?. Am just being curious anyway. Thanks

Did you do an upfront medical? if no then it's possibly a denial from most reports gathered here, but if yes then there is still hope.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2019
Any August applicant still around?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by echdani: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hmmmnnn..... my case will be different and I trust God for a testimony in Jesus name, Amen!!!
Ginaruby:

Did you do an upfront medical? if no then it's possibly a denial from most reports gathered here, but if yes then there is still hope.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
Don't overcomplicate things for yourself. Just go to gcmsbuddy.com

ESTHERNDUKA:
hi thanks plenty....... i shared the details already. been trying to figure out how to order for my GCMS note but kinda seem complicated. i have a friend in canada that i can use his address and details. Thanks plenty

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
Many congratulations

Ubah007:
I just got my Approval(PPR)and my correspondence Letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by echdani: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hmmmnnn..... i haven't done any medical but my case will be different, am trusting God for a testimony in Jesus name, Amen!!!
So when likely will the good news be updated on my profile
Ginaruby:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2019
echdani:
Hmmmnnn..... i haven't done any medical but my case will be different, am trusting God for a testimony in Jesus name, Amen!!!
So when likely will the good news be updated on my profile

I key into your faith, Amen.
I can't say the exact time but hopefully soon, as this is usually the last mail before a verdict.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
Cjleks:

God bless us all.

So sorry about your refusal, Please dont over think it. Rather order for your GCMS note that is if you feel there is more to the refusal reasons. Otherwise, their GCMS note this days are more like copy and paste too just like the refusal reasons.
My advise will be: 1, take a look into other countries like UK, Ireland, Australia. 2, Consider the EE option and 3, Make sure to take your time and dont rush before you re-apply to Canada if you must.
I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It's not an issue if the company is not providing their financal statements. After all, the canadian visa officer's don't have much regard for company Sponsorship. However it would make a whole lot of sense if you could include the company's CAC documents showing that you are also a co-owner of these companies, and also backup your claims with brief explanation in your SOP under the home ties sub-heading.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkinayoDebbie: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2019
Please i finished secondary school 2017,i am 18 years but i want school in Canada,my weac result is a little bit good but my weac gce is better.please can i use the weac gce result to apply for September 2020 in canada
Pls i need urgent reply.Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2019
Obehi44:

So sorry about your refusal, Please dont over think it. Rather order for your GCMS note that is if you feel there is more to the refusal reasons. Otherwise, their GCMS note this days are more like copy and paste too just like the refusal reasons.
My advise will be: 1, take a look into other countries like UK, Ireland, Australia. 2, Consider the EE option and 3, Make sure to take your time and dont rush before you re-apply to Canada if you must.
I wish you all the best.

Australia is another great option however most schools if not all will refer you to agents to gain admission. If you have a way around it or more information kindly let me know. More so I havent seen the course I am interested in their. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkinayoDebbie: 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
Please will any university in canada accept my weac gce,i want to start applying for admission December .pls Frankrobbn1
Please urgent reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
AkinayoDebbie:
Please i finished secondary school 2017,i am 18 years but i want school in Canada,my weac result is a little bit good but my weac gce is better.please can i use the weac gce result to apply for September 2020 in canada
Pls i need urgent reply.Thank you

Yes you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
If you didnt do an upfront medical that has been passed, then i am sorry its most likely a refusal. But i honestly hope that they will change that style, but that is how it is base on experience. Anyway, expect the next msg soon (24-48hrs).

echdani:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkinayoDebbie: 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
Ginaruby:

Yes you can.
Pls which university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
If my current role in one of the companies I co founded is chief operating officer, and I'm going for a BSc in computer science, do you think the embassy will see my course as something not related to my current job? The company is a software development firm. In the other company ,I'm the chief technical officer,, which I believe is inline with the course, computer science.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
muna3926:
Please gurus in the house help me out ,i got approval and passport request since oct 2 and i submitted oct4th after waiting for more than 1month ,They now sent me a mail that i used a counterfeit bank documents ,that i should send in the proper documents within 30days of the mail,please what do i do ,am sure the documents are not counterfeit
If you are sure then no need to panic. Go to your bank and tell them what CIC sent to you. They will reprint your SOA or sort it out in another way. Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (644)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.