Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1015101 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2019
Oluwatosin2000:
Good evening everyone,I’m new here and I need everyone’s help.
Please I’m thinking of studying in Canada
Can I still meet up with January admission? If no,when is the next admission?

January is closed.. September 2020 is your best bet... you can reach out via email if u need further info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ola2471:

Yes I did... their letter just stated the estimated board fees of 11,000 CAD had been transferred to my account (3.2m)

What's the duration of your program? Since you only paid for your first term tuition fees, does the remaining 1M in your sponsor's account cover for the second term fees?

My sincere apologies for asking you these questions. I am free and always open to learn at any given point in my life. Can you be kind to avail me answers to my queries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
Anon123:

January is closed.. September 2020 is your best bet... you can reach out via email if u need further info
Thanks a lot,Check your mail,I’ve responded. Let’s discuss further
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2019
8 months. No it doesn’t but I guess the payslips show I’ll have enough to. And no problem about the questions
Frankrobbn1:

What's the duration of your program? Since you paid only for your first term tuition fees, does the remaining 1M in your sponsor's account cover for the second term fees?

My sincere apologies for asking you these questions. I am free and always open to learn at any given point in my life. Can you be kind to avail me answers to my queries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2019
Oluwatosin2000:

Thanks a lot,Check your mail,I’ve responded. Let’s discuss further

Just replied...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ola2471:
8 months. No it doesn’t but I guess the payslips show I’ll have enough to. And no problem about the questions
Am pretty sure u would like to stay beyond the 8months... @everybody, in this situation.. Wat would u advise he does to stay beyond the 8months.. am interested to know cos I have a friend in a similar situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ola2471:

Payslips slip in Nigeria or abroad?.... I ask these questions because the requirements as per IRCC official website demands that applicants must show proof of funds for the first year of study and if program is more than a year, they must show the ability to cover for the subsequent years of study without working and not become a burden to the Canadian government. Hence why I'm surprised you got approval with just a 1M closing balance. Anyways, congratulations to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by YesLadyN: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Payslips slip in Nigeria or abroad?.... I ask these questions because the requirements as per IRCC official website demands that applicants must proof of funds for the first year of study and if program is more than a year, they must show the ability to cover for the subsequent years of study without working and not be a burden to the Canadian government. Hence why I'm surprised you got approval with just a 1M closing balance. Anyways, congratulations to you.

Hello all,

Allow me to weigh in. I’m not an expert nor applicant here anyway.

I think the payslips of the parents show they can afford to pay the 2nd semester fees when the time comes. The 1m parents’ bank account balance is just an additional assurance...not a key deciding factor.

Furthermore, the 3.2M in his own account covers living expenses for the 8month period. So it’s not surprising he got approval. He’s literally good to go.

But I’m interested in knowing what his next step is after the program. Will it qualify one for a work permit...or a PR perhaps?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Can I get your mail ?
Anon123:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
Godiswonderful:
Can I get your mail ?

Just sent you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
shocked
I don’t have the mail I used for nairaland
Josephukaegbu18@gmail.com
Anon123:

Just sent you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2019
Bros no be fight grin. I am not rejoicing over the refusals. Its just annoying. With all the efforts I see people put in and yet get denied for flimsy excuses/reasons. I pray for more approvals. Let's share more approval stories.
Chukwuemekatehi:
@raulfdolf God proved you wrong.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:33pm On Dec 04, 2019
Godiswonderful:
shocked
I don’t have the mail I used for nairaland
Josephukaegbu18@gmail.com

Just did

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2019
My thoughts exactly. Proof of funds goes beyond showing money. If he and his parents were able to prove that they earn well and can save up funds for his second semester, then i do not see any reason why they won't give him.

I had a cousin who used his sister abroad as
sponsor. Her bank balance was 350 usd. But she had an annual income of over 100k usd and went further to show her credit rating was good and she was in good financial standing with her bank.
YesLadyN:

Hello all,

I think the payslips of the parents show they can afford to pay the 2nd semester fees when the time comes. The 1m parents’ bank account balance is just an additional assurance...not a key deciding factor.

Furthermore, the 3.2M in his own account covers living expenses for the 8month period. So it’s not surprising he got approval. He’s literally good to go.

But I’m interested in knowing what his next step is after the program. Will it qualify one for a work permit...or a PR perhaps?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Onweke: 10:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
Thank you Sir Frankrobbn . Noted.

Frankrobbn1:

It's better you silence the banking experience and focus on getting letters that would show you're still in the same geo-information discipline/field. To me and in the sight of the visa officer, this shows a logical procession between your passion, your previous studies, your current employment and intended program.

In order not to detail the thread with constant repetitive answers please check my post earlier this year forTHE LIST OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR A SUCCESSFUL STUDY VISA APPLICATION.

It will end in praises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
Bless
Anon123:

Just did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
YesLadyN:

Hello all,

As per the bolded, such application with payslips to show financial stability and income can easily scale through for applicants applying for Canadian visa from top rated countries like Brazil, Ireland, France, Germany, etc. not a third world country like Nigeria, when the visa officers are fully aware that most Nigerian applicants seeking for study permit are looking for the slightest opportunity to leave the country without any future intention of returning back after studies given her current socio-economic condition... The visa officer's are also informed that some Nigerians don't go to school when they arrive Canada. So, It's very surprising to see he got approval with just 1M statement of account without funding from the school and also putting into consideration IRCC requirement as per financial sufficiency for the first academic year of study in Canada. Whereas, applicants from wealthy/average backgrounds here whose financial resources meet this requirement with fat bank statements were refused of their visas.

Now, to your last question, once he is done and dusted with his program in Canada he is qualified for a post graduate work permit (PGWP) for the length of his program before being able to file for a permanent residency application within Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Majorly21: 10:58pm On Dec 04, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:58pm On Dec 04, 2019
eightyeight:
My thoughts exactly. Proof of funds goes beyond showing money. If he and his parents were able to prove that they earn well and can save up funds for his second semester, then i do not see any reason why they won't give him.

I had a cousin who used his sister abroad as
sponsor. Her bank balance was 350 usd. But she had an annual income of over 100k usd and went further to show her credit rating was good and she was in good financial standing with her bank.

We all know about this and I have seen lots of applicants on other Visa forums from top rated countries getting visas to Canada with just bank letter showing available balance.

However does this work for Nigerian applicants whose sponsors are resident here in Nigeria? That's the question, since you said proof of funds goes beyond showing money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 11:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

We all know about this and I have seen lots of applicants on other Visa forums from top rated countries getting visas to Canada with just bank letter showing available balance.

However does it work for Nigerian applicants whose sponsors are resident here in Nigeria? That's the question, since you said proof of funds goes beyond showing money.
Is it necessary I show my pay slip as I don't intend to add the account the salary is being paid into but the account my sponsor opened treasury bill and also deposited 10 million
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

However does it work for Nigerian applicants whose sponsors are resident here in Nigeria? That's the question, since you said proof of funds goes beyond showing money.

We won't know until people try it and are successful with it. The major problem is our financial system is riddled with fraud and visa officers believe we lack credibility
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 12:25am On Dec 05, 2019
Please house which is better in universities or colleges in Canada
or are they the same
Which has more market value as in jobs and co please any one ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimmsyyetty: 12:25am On Dec 05, 2019
Approval!!
Hi I’m a newbie been a silent reader since I submitted in August . I decided to post to encourage everyone from the wave of refusals

Timeline: online route
Submission/upfront medicals- August 15th
Medicals passed- August 22nd
Eligibility review started- August 22nd
Bvl/approval/ppr- October 1st
Passport submitted-October 2nd
Passport returned- December 2nd

This was my first application although I got visit visa last year but it expired in June cos my passport expired

The last 2 month were the longest months of my life I kept thinking of what could have been wrong for my passport to be held but thank God

I didn’t write SOP/LOE

Docs submitted were:
* Letter of Acceptance and fee statement
* Receipt of 1st semester fees as well as telex copy (paid with zenith bank)
* Proof of funds: letter of sponsorship stating that the amount estimated by the school as living costs has been transferred to my account , my bank statement 3.2m (11CAD), parents bank statement not up to 1m, parents payslips and my employment letter .
* Then all the required forms

Course applied for is Post graduate Certificate at Seneca College.

All in all it was Gods favor cos when I read about all the SOPs that people submitted and saw closing balances I had anxiety. My application itself took 6 weeks and 4 days

I think it has gotten more to do with the fact that he already had a Canadian visitor's visa, which expired in June. Also, to some extent, the visa officers cherish statement of account with a very good cash flow, thereby, prompting them to overlook the closing balance, but I believe the travel history created the opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 12:35am On Dec 05, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 12:35am On Dec 05, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 12:36am On Dec 05, 2019
Frankrobbn1
Godiswonderful:
Please house which is better in universities or colleges in Canada
or are they the same
Which has more market value as in jobs and co please any one ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by area74: 3:27am On Dec 05, 2019
Hello house,

Please I will like to know if Canadian universities accept our MSc for PhD Admissions.

I look forward to your responses.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sirromey(m): 4:31am On Dec 05, 2019
Congrats. Please I want to inquire was it masters or PGC you were going for?
Approval!!
Hi I’m a newbie been a silent reader since I submitted in August . I decided to post to encourage everyone from the wave of refusals

Timeline: online route
Submission/upfront medicals- August 15th
Medicals passed- August 22nd
Eligibility review started- August 22nd
Bvl/approval/ppr- October 1st
Passport submitted-October 2nd
Passport returned- December 2nd

This was my first application although I got visit visa last year but it expired in June cos my passport expired

The last 2 month were the longest months of my life I kept thinking of what could have been wrong for my passport to be held but thank God

I didn’t write SOP/LOE

Docs submitted were:
* Letter of Acceptance and fee statement
* Receipt of 1st semester fees as well as telex copy (paid with zenith bank)
* Proof of funds: letter of sponsorship stating that the amount estimated by the school as living costs has been transferred to my account , my bank statement 3.2m (11CAD), parents bank statement not up to 1m, parents payslips and my employment letter .
* Then all the required forms

Course applied for is Post graduate Certificate at Seneca College.

All in all it was Gods favor cos when I read about all the SOPs that people submitted and saw closing balances I had anxiety. My application itself took 6 weeks and 4 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by porchy(m): 5:55am On Dec 05, 2019
Thank you so much for doing justice to this Mr Frank. Well my first sponsor was my brother,
he lives in Canada and already has a PR. Infact he lives in the same province where my school is and just miles away from my campus. But I got refused based on purpose of visit, asset, family and home tie before I got this scholarship from my company. I had my industrial training with the company and they are willing to retain me and that was why I started work with them immediately after my NYSC. They were willing to go into marine resources management and that why they sponsoring me for this program and there's already an agreement that i will come back after my studies to work for them and if I don't then I will have to refund base in the etics of the company . All these was written in my sop and the agreement was submitted with a letter headed paper of the company. I think these address the home tie issue which was one of my refusal reason in my first application.
And it was stated that it's a full funding by the company that's why I didn't bother to submit my own statement of account or had the company transfer some money into my account so I think that was why they refused me only base on financial ground.

Now are you advising me not to use the company as my sponsor anymore or I rather use my brother again Thanks

Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear your study visa was rejected. The red flag I can spot out from your application is the fact that you used a company statement of account (SOA) as the primary proof of funds for your study visa application. It's crucial to note that the Visa officer's at the Canadian embassy doesn't regard company sponsorship for a candidate (employee) seeking for career advancement in Canada and no matter the amount in the company's account, the applicant's application will still be turned down on the basis of financial insufficiency. Because of this, there are several questions which accompanies the company sponsorship like -

1-) How long have you been working for this establishment?
2-) Why do the company want to send so much on an employee that is not sure will return back to the company after authorized period of stay in Canada given the current socio-economic situation of Nigeria?
3-) What impact have you made so far in the company that made you the right fit for this sponsorship amidst other employees?
4-) What does the company stands to gain as a result of this sponsorship?
5-) What is your annual renumeration in this establishment and what's the current position you're holding in the company?
6-) Did the board of directors signed a written agreement that they are aware and fully in support of this sponsorship and thus wouldn't pose to be a hindrance to funds accessibility and availability to you during the course of your study in Canada?

Were you able to answer the aforementioned questions accurately and persuasively in your last application? Now, you can see the reasons to why your application was refused.

In a nutshell, I would advise you file for a reapplication next year using a close family member (father, mother, brother, sister, step-father, Step-brother/Sister etc) as your prime sponsorship and include relevant documents to show your current situation merit the issuance of a study permit.

It will end in praises.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by canadaman18: 6:13am On Dec 05, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

As per the bolded, such application with payslips to show financial stability and income can easily scale through for applicants applying for Canadian visa from top rated countries like Brazil, Ireland, France, Germany, etc. not a third world country like Nigeria, when the visa officers are fully aware that most Nigerian applicants seeking for study permit are looking for the slightest opportunity to leave the country without any future intention of returning back after studies given her current socio-economic condition... The visa officer's are also informed that some Nigerians don't go to school when they arrive Canada. So, It's very surprising to see he got approval with just 1M statement of account without funding from the school and also putting into consideration IRCC requirement as per financial sufficiency for the first academic year of study in Canada. Whereas, applicants from wealthy/average backgrounds here whose financial resources meet this requirement with fat bank statements were refused of their visas.

Now, to your last question, once he is done and dusted with his program in Canada he is qualified for a post graduate work permit (PGWP) for the length of his program before being able to file for a permanent residency application within Canada.

An 8month PGWP is typically not a lot of time if considering PR subsequently .

The way things are looking with EE, one needs 460+ to be invited.

Make sure you simulate your score but with no canadian work experience (because you need minimum 1 year to count anything and 8months work permit is really really tight, you essentially have to start working the day after your results are published but even then you’ll probably still be a couple weeks off the one year mark when your work permit expires)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:01am On Dec 05, 2019
eightyeight:

We won't know until people try it and are successful with it. The major problem is our financial system is riddled with fraud and visa officers believe we lack credibility

That's where the major problem lies, the visa officers don't even believe our bank statements because they know that some applicants go as far as borrowing funds from friends/relatives for the purpose of securing visa talk less of paystubs from a company in Nigeria which is mere designed paper from the company's account officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:04am On Dec 05, 2019
canadaman18:

An 8month PGWP is typically not a lot of time if considering PR subsequently .

The way things are looking with EE, one needs 460+ to be invited.

Make sure you simulate your score but with no canadian work experience (because you need minimum 1 year to count anything and 8months work permit is really really tight, you essentially have to start working the day after your results are published but even then you’ll probably still be a couple weeks off the one year mark when your work permit expires)

In a nutshell, the applicant should enrol for an additional 6 months program after the previous one (8- months) and apply for study permit extension within Canada. This will qualify the applicant the chance to be granted 2 years PGWP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.