Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,084 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1005060 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zoeeee: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2020
[quote author=JustMellow post=85418596]

Dear JustMellow,

Compliments of the season.

Can you kindly assist me review my letter of explanation? I will be grateful if you can send me a private message to enable me forward it to your mail.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 10:00am On Jan 02, 2020
Any idea? After submitting paper application, can the submitted international passport be replaced by a new passport. The old one will expire soon. How is this done pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:49am On Jan 02, 2020
Nigeriaismyhome:
Thank you very much sir
It’s the same school and course
Deferment is for the summer semester
By validity of the TRV can you please make a little emphasis on that please thanks

...that if the duration of the issued TRV is shorter/expires before/than the new expected date of resumption after deferment, you may be required to extend (or reapply for) the TRV depending on the case scenario.

Thus, getting a new admission letter won't be a problem and do well to enter Canada prior to the validity date on the TRV.

However, it won't be a problem though but just an heads up. Usually the TRV would be issued bases on the validity of the passport or maybe beyond a year mark.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2020
[quote author=Zoeeee post=85426759][/quote]

Hello Zoeeee,

I would have love to be of help but I won't be available to due to other personal engagements. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2020
emeify1:
Any idea? After submitting paper application, can the submitted international passport be replaced by a new passport. The old one will expire soon. How is this done pls

Hello Emeify1,

In this case, its best advised to apply with a renewed passport but if you've already submitted your passport with your documents, no worries. After you've secured your TRV within the validity of your PP, you can always renew/extend your Visa/SP in Canada.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zoeeee: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2020
Dear JustMellow,

Compliments of the season.

Can you kindly assist me review my letter of explanation? I will be grateful if you can send me a private message to enable me forward it to your mail.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2020
Good day everyone. Please I'm looking for a school to do my Masters in Canada, does anyone know any university the won't require me to pay tuition deposit before sending me letter of acceptance...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ItzChapel: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2020
Please friends. I had someone to help me secure a job in Canada, therefore processing a work visa since September and I didn’t receive a call yet ...

But what do you guys think can be wrong as some of my friends have gone (he did it for us together).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zoeeee: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2020
[quote author=JustMellow post=85430509]

Hello JustMellw,

Can you please kindly refer me to someone else that could be of help.

I will be really grateful if you do this for me because I planned to complete my application next week by God's grace.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by davodyguy: 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
Happy new year all.

Is this thread only for students or for people seeking knowledge of visiting as tourists as well?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by PwityMiwa: 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hello All,

Happy new year, Please i graduated from Caritas Univeristy Enugu, will the school be accepted in Canada for masters?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by PwityMiwa: 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
Thank you
akinbo3:

Why not if its Federal Government Approved Institution?

Its doesn't matter if it's a PRIVATE or PUBLIC University but better have a good Result/Grade

Even if u have ur Degree from COLLEGE of Education
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
@justmellow, thanks. If passport expires while Visa application is being processed, are they likely to ask for a new passport

JustMellow:

Hello Emeify1,

In this case, its best advised to apply with a renewed passport but if you've already submitted your passport with your documents, no worries. After you've secured your TRV within the validity of your PP, you can always renew/extend your Visa/SP in Canada.

All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Raalsalghul: 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Jarulecole,

If you still want to apply to a university even for a profession program, an academic reference is still required. However, you might want to consider colleges.

What exactly is the issue with your referent(s) or getting a reference from a referral?

Some of us have been through with school for 5 years and over. Lecturers might have died, move on to another school of even if they're still there won't remember you.

You can't just waltz in and ask for a reference from a lecturer, so much explanations must accompany your request. It's quite easier for recent graduates.

This same issue is making think of shelving my application or can you proffer other ways someone might bypass it?
Cc: Jarulecole
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Oniwoski,

Also send to:

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

N.B: use URGENT as the subject

All the best.

@JustMellow
Good afternoon,
Wishing you a Happy New year!

Please can I send email to the first email address if my application has exceeded the normal processing time?

Please kindly extend my greetings to Mr Frank, it's been a while on this platform.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by onyemaxie: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hi Gurus in the house,
Pls as a newbie ,I've applied for admission to a one year PGD in mechanical engineering, I've got HND in mechanical engineering with 6yrs work experience, married with a kid,intend using my brother inlaw who's a police officer in the US as the sponspor, pls what are my chances being that age is 35, all responses will be highly appreciated .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jarulecole: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
Thanks i left school (OOU) 2006 and i have been trying to get reference recently but not successful, firstly was difficult to get their contact and I am full time employee, so travelling to the school and spend few days is not easy, and the one i thought will help did no turn up after several call and physical visit to his office in unilag. I have worked over 10yrs and that's why the master am looking for is course based with professional reference.

Raalsalghul:

Some of us have been through with school for 5 years and over. Lecturers might have died, move on to another school of even if they're still there won't remember you.

You can't just waltz in and ask for a reference from a lecturer, so much explanations must accompany your request. It's quite easier for recent graduates.

This same issue is making think of shelving my application or can you proffer other ways someone might bypass it?
Cc: Jarulecole
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jarulecole: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
Thanks i left school (OOU) 2006 and i have been trying to get reference recently but not successful, firstly was difficult to get their contact and I am full time employee, so travelling to the school and spend few days is not easy, and the one i thought will help did no turn up after several call and physical visit to his office in unilag. I have worked over 10yrs and that's why the master am looking for is course based with professional reference.

JustMellow:

Hello Jarulecole,

If you still want to apply to a university even for a profession program, an academic reference is still required. However, you might want to consider colleges.

What exactly is the issue with your referent(s) or getting a reference from a referral?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Raalsalghul: 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
jarulecole:
Thanks i left school (OOU) 2006 and i have been trying to get reference recently but not successful, firstly was difficult to get their contact and I am full time employer, so travelling to the school and spend few days is not easy, and the one i thought will help did no turn up after several call and physical visit to his office in unilag. I have worked over 10yrs and that's why the master am looking for is course based with professional reference.

Funny enough bro, I finished from the same school: 2013 set.

I'm still wondering how to go about it, my project supervisor has left the school and I'm not sure even the ones around might remember me.

Even if they do, they might choose not to give me, afterall, it's their prerogative.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
Jephehe:
2020 Resolution - Self sacrifice

Dear members,

If you're coming to Waterloo, Kitchener and Cambridge for Winter reach me for your free one week temporary accommodation before you'll have your permanent.

Best regards.
Bro Jeff, I have a sister at Conestoga (Kirchner or so) and my wife will join this year by God's grace.
Can you connect with her?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jarulecole: 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ok Bro, am planning to get more contacts and hopefully will get someone to do that for me. Also am trying to contact the school on my case to see if professional reference can suffice considering having over 10yrs of experience because no time again application deadline is knocking on my door

Raalsalghul:

Funny enough bro, I finished from the same school: 2013 set.

I'm still wondering how to go about it, my project supervisor has left the school and I'm not sure even the ones around might remember me.

Even if they do, they might choose not to give me, afterall, it's their prerogative.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zoeeee: 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
[quote author=JustMellow post=85430672]

Hello JustMellow,

I will be really grateful if you do this for me because I planned to complete my application next week by God's grace.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zoeeee: 11:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
[quote author=JustMellow post=85430509]

Hello JustMellow,

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
Zoeeee you are spamming the thread

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shammak(m): 6:58am On Jan 03, 2020
Good morning fam.

I appreciate everyone for their contributions on this platform, I have been a silent reader for some time now and I must admit that I have learned a lot. Thank you so much.

I have a question and I would appreciate your help.

Last year in July, I was in Canada on a temporary resident visa (visitor) for a research internship. The research internship was for a month. This year, I got a scholarship from the Québec Government to undergo a research internship for 4 months from May/June.

However, I am confused on which visa to apply for. While I was reading the requirements on canada.ca of all the temporary residence visas (visit, study and work permit), I stumbled on a line which got me confused "who has not worked in Canada under this exemption in the last 12 months" (I attached a screenshot of the page). Here is the link to the page

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/need-work-permit-work.html

I worked as a research intern (with a $1000 scholarship from my supervisor) from July 15 to August 9, 2019. Now, I plan to go again as a research intern who would get stipends from the Québec Government for 4 months (within the said 12 months). In this case, which of the temporary resident visas is best for me?

NB. The research internship will be at a University in Québec and I applied/will apply for the visa from Vienna, Austria.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 7:35am On Jan 03, 2020
Is any here going for fall 2020 UPEI prince edward island.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by souljaboi51(m): 8:09am On Jan 03, 2020
Employment relations but from what i can see, it looks like they require some prerequisite courses which i dont have cry
Shuayb0:
MBA Social enterprise and entrepreneurship. You?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MizTyna(f): 10:43am On Jan 03, 2020
Hello everyone!

I have decided on Lambton college for a two year course (Advanced photography). I'm a photographer with enough experience and portfolio. Do I need to apply to more than one school? Because someone told me I'll stand a better chance at the Canadian embassy if I apply to more than one school.

I'm looking at September 2020, is that adequate time to apply and get visa? I will start my school application next week and apply for visa immediately if I get it. So latest February 2020, I'll start the visa processing

P.S: It's a post graduate course and I have a BSc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sammyfrance23: 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
Can someone reply this person I’m tired of reading the same over and over again.. it’s actually annoying.
[quote author=Zoeeee post=85451336][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (644)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.