Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1017668 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miide2: 12:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations to you bro @Adiekwe1. I knew a day like this would come and I'm happy it worked for you too. Thank God I'm finally free from your incessant calls and text messages cheesy. I'm honoured by thy best wishes and prayers from you. God bless us all as we continue to put smiles on the faces of others.

To those that were rejected, don't give up, be committed to the process and always seek counsel from the knowledgeable members of this thread.

It will end in praise

Mr Frank please can you help me too.. I have applied twice and got rejected twice based on family ties.. I don’t know what to do again please. School resumes in April I want to reapply again.. please help. @Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ehiremen2002: 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
I applied for student permit Jan 29th and completed my biometric Feb 5th. I notice a correspondence letter was sent to me couple of minute ago. Validity of Biometric, does it mean the application will be rejected?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Deejah20: 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Study gap is and will not be a problem if you can clearly state what you have been doing over the years.

I cannot say if midwifery is related to health science, I think you will need to carry out your research. Try and check the modules for health science on schools website and compare with your current midwifery program.

Also, once you are done with your midwifery program in 2021, is going for Bsc in health science a career progression? Does the job market in Canada favor health scientists? What do health scientists do once they are done from school? How many years is the program? Once you are done with heath science, do you plan on going back to nursing?

I ended up giving you more questions than answers because I want you to think about it thoroughly and do a lot of research which will help you in making an informed decision.

P.s I am getting a vibe that you are not happy with the course health science, I will suggest you think twice and make sure you go for something you really love and worth the resources that will be commited.
Thanks you very much for answering.
The main reason why I opted for health science is because nursing is too competitive and my high school grades are not up to the requirements.
Am afraid they may reject my admission.
The health science am going for, after a year of offering science courses, you get to apply for a major like radiography, respiratory therapy but nursing is not there but since respiratory therapy is still in line with helping people, am interested in the course.
But am thinking they should correlate since they are both in the health line.
As per the study gap, if I have the necessary documents from my former schools like my transcript, admission letter, school fees receipt, it should be okay right?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tba11(f): 12:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gud afternoon guys,
Please I need your help. I got admission to Fanshawe College and my visa has been approved (thank God). Now I need help with accommodation, pls can anyone help me with any cheap accommodation in London Ontario.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2020
Deejah20:
Hello everyone, I need your help. Am interested in studying in canada but I have some difficulties.
1. Am 20 clocking 21 this year but am just going for my undergraduate program in bsc in health science.
2. The reason why am just going for an undergraduate program is because since I finished secondary school in 2015, have not been to able to get admission into a university but I have an ND in computer science(2016-2017).
3. Right now am in school of basic midwifery (2018-2021)and my program is ending march 2021.That is the reason am going for fall intake of 2021 but am going to be applying for schools this year. My questions are:
_ is it possible for the gap to affect my admission and visa process even though have been going to school since I left secondary school.
_ The program am going for, does it align with each other.i just chose health science because nursing is hard to get into.

I would be very grateful if someone could answer my questions.Thanks in advance.

Hello Deejah20,

There's no study gap in your academic profile based on the information provided because from 2015 till date, you are still academically engaged. Thus, to an extent, study gap can't pose much harm "if" properly explained to the knowledge of the VO. I don't really know much about health field but Nursing or Palliative Care would consolidate Midwifery more than Health science.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
Obehi44:

Is like you people are doing show of identity here. ItsOkay....
Wa bilu Iwi’aba

Haha grin grin lahòr otenmwien, ègui bo!!
With your moniker, you are already showing our identity.

Khoyo!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Deejah20: 1:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Deejah20,

There's no study gap in your academic profile based on the information provided because from 2015 till date, you are still academically engaged. Thus, to an extent, study gap can't pose much harm "if" properly explained to the knowledge of the VO. I don't really know much about health field but Nursing or Palliative Care would consolidate Midwifery more than Health science.

All the best.
Thanks for answering me.
I also know health science does not really have anything to do with it but nursing is hard to get into and my grades are not too high.
About palliative care, I don't really know much about it but I guess I will search up on schools that offers it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Deejah20: 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Deejah20,

All the best.
I just checked palliative care, it is for those with a bachelor's degree in nursing so it is like a post graduate course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miide2: 1:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
Miide2:
Please can someone brief me on how to tackle family ties rejection reason.

What do you need to submit to prove family ties home and abroad. Please it is urgent

Can anybody please help
Gurus please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Richnnach: 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2020
@frankrobbn1... And other gurus please help

I have been following this thread for a while, and i applied for a visa.... I need your help... i got an admission with a Connestoga college Canada, and have paid my tuition deposit, after submitting my whole documents I got rejected base on the following grounds .. Please when did you apply? and share your timeline

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Can someone help me out to address this issue to reapply again...
The documents i submitted were....
1) Admission letter from School
2)Payment receipts.
3)Int' Passport.
4)HND CERT AND ND CERT, NYSC, WAEC.
5) score report (PTE) proof of english.
6)Affidavit of sponsorship from my father
7)Police Character report
coolSponsor's Company's CAC (Which I'm a director in the company).
9)Power of Attorney (Sponsor's landed property)
10)Payslips (6 months) 150k per month.
11) Statement of purpose.
12) ID of sponsor (My father)
13) My Letter of employment and resignation letter of the former job.
14)Reference letter from Employer.
15)Company's(Sponsor) proof of fund with 45million and personal proof of fund of 2million.
16) Passport.

My daddy's company is my sponsor.

Can someone help me out... What will i do right to hit the approval status when i reapply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
Richnnach:

I have been following this thread for a while, and i applied for a visa.... I need your help... i got an admission with a Connestoga college Canada, and have paid my tuition deposit, after submitting my whole documents I got rejected base on the following grounds ..

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Can someone help me out to address this issue to reapply again...

Hello Richnnach,

How did you package your application and what documents was submitted. Who was your sponsor and how did you demonstrate your intentions for wanting to come to Canada? Are you gainfully employed and how did you show substantial means of a steady and tangible source of funds? Is there a study gap in your application and how well was your intentions to return to your home country was demonstrated? When did you apply and when were you refused?

You shouldn't be in haste to reapply, re-work your study plan and use the LOE to address each refusal reason.

BTW it would be better to request for your gcms notes to ascertain the actual concerns of the VO. In the main time, the best option would be to defer your admission to the next possible intake.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
Lanrelala:
I greet the gurus in the house.

@frankrobbn1
@other gurus

I need your help guys! Please. I got an admission to study PGD Business Adminstration at Langara college. I paid $6000 tuition deposit.

Rejection letter dropped with these generic reasons:

Travel history
Employment situation
Family ties
Lack of funds.

I have a Bsc in computer science, not eligible for masters so I applied for PGD. In my SOP I explained I am changing careers to entrepreneurship and showed a history of experience in business line since 2014 till date.(perhaps that's why I wasn't rejected for purpose of visit).

I am currently unemployed but have a startup am trying to grow and explained this as my reason for wanting to study business adminstration.

Sponsor is my brother. We do not use same surname. my surname is my grandfather's name why he used my father's name.

Documents submitted:
His business registration
Tax clearance
House documents
Acct with balance of 40m

Transcript
Waec
Police clearance
Sop
Imm forms

Please how do I proceed I already ordered GCMS notes but I learned they are currently having too many request and the notes won't be ready till 60days.

My school is to resume May and I'm thinking of reapplying asap. I need help please.

Hello Lanrelala,

This application in my own opinion wasn't given the best attention in terms of packaging by you. You already know what went wrong based on your brief analysis and you should do well to work on your home ties and demonstrate proper source of funds if you are an (a young)adult.

Your second mistake was failing to demonstrate that your sponsor is actually your brother and not a random stranger. The aforelisted documents can't be the only ones you submitted but if so, you should do well to include more documents (only what is relevant to your application) that can prove your personal level of establishment, home ties, source of funds, personal BS. Also, re-work of your study plan.

Don't just rush to reapply, reassess your situation and think outside the box before demonstrating to the VO how your situation has changed. You should try to request for your notes.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
Marychi120:

so many people said it may not work because they are not sponsoring me.
what do you think?
I cant use my Job because they won't agree to give m study leave permit.
Use your parents since you can't use your job, what matters is how you structure your sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
tba11:
Gud afternoon guys,
Please I need your help. I got admission to Fanshawe College and my visa has been approved (thank God). Now I need help with accommodation, pls can anyone help me with any cheap accommodation in London Ontario.
Congratulations on your TRV. But I want to say it will be nice if people like you come here to post your success stories and documents submitted to help and encourage others who are still waiting for theirs. We shouldn't only be coming here only when we need help. Don't take it personal.
Good luck

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
Marychi120:

so many people said it may not work because they are not sponsoring me.
what do you think?
I cant use my Job because they won't agree to give m study leave permit.

Hello Marychi120,

Apart from your parents and job, you can use landed properties that belongs to them, organizational membership, well outlined career plans etc.

N.B: whether or not your parent is sponsoring you, they are very good home ties if properly demonstrated.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
Marychi120:
to be frank, 21k CAD is just for living expenses for 2 years msc. what do you want to study?

Only the first year is required for the application processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
tba11:
Gud afternoon guys,

I live just about 7 minutes from Fanshawe so if you need any help, contact me.

Fanshawe will give you free airport pick up, 2 free nights in a hotel, so try and make use of that in settling down.

Make sure you arrive in London, ON and see the house before making any payments. Pictures online don't tell the full story.

Finally, when you are free, please contribute to this forum by listing the documents you submitted and what you think might help other applicants. God bless you.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Banny2020: 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2020
ehiremen2002:

I applied for student permit Jan 29th and completed my biometric Feb 5th. I notice a correspondence letter was sent to me couple of minute ago. Validity of Biometric, does it mean the application will be rejected?

I got the same thing (BVL) like 11days after biometric submission. I don’t know why
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
Richnnach:

Can someone help me out... What will i do right to hit the approval status when i reapply?

You have missed out an important information. What was your previous course of study at HND level and what program are you going for in Connestoga? What was your role in your former company and what are you doing at the moment?

Also I did not see in your list any property owned by your dad or you.

My suggestion

You have a very good sponsor, Family sponsorship is always the best. If you are thorough with your next application, you should be saying hi to your family from Kitchener by summer. Your father also has a business that can serve as home ties for you. Unfortunately, you did not mention the program you were offered in Connestoga. I wanted to see the possibility of linking it to your family business.

Also, work on your SOP. Did you get anyone to check and proof read your SOP? Did your father write an LOE on your behalf?This is very important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tba11(f): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

I live just about 7 minutes from Fanshawe so if you need any help, contact me.

Fanshawe will give you free airport pick up, 2 free nights in a hotel, so try and make use of that in settling down.

Make sure you arrive in London, ON and see the house before making any payments. Pictures online don't tell the full story.

Finally, when you are free, please contribute to this forum by listing the documents you submitted and what you think might help other applicants. God bless you.

Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tba11(f): 3:40pm On Feb 17, 2020
mcobex:
Congratulations on your TRV. But I want to say it will be nice if people like you come here to post your success stories and documents submitted to help and encourage others who are still waiting for theirs. We shouldn't only be coming here only when we need help. Don't take it personal.
Good luck

Hello, these are the list of documents I submitted for the Canadian study visa,

Offer letter from skul
Receipt of fees payment
University certificate
Passport
UK student visa
Past travel visa for both UK and USA
Birth certificate
Nysc certificate
Police report
Statement of purpose
Letter of sponsor from my dad
Passport photographs
Bank account statement both in Naira and dollars
Letter of appointment from work
Payslip for the last three months
Letter from my boss (explaining that he is expecting me back after my program ends)

These are the documents I provided for my dad since he is the sponsor:

Letter of appointment
Birth certificate
Passport
Bank account statement

Also, I went to Abuja for the authentication of all my documents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
Bruan:
Please a got admission for suppy chain management pgc two years in lambton college but I want to wait for university of Windsor’s decision too which I know will take a bit longer cause it’s a masters program. I want to know if I can start my visa processing with the lambton admission letter and change to university of Windsor if I am offered the program.

Is it possible to change institutions after visa has been processed or being processed?

Hello Bruan,

Yes, you can easily change your school through the Gckey online account. It will better if you do it within Canada.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2020
Deejah20:
I just checked palliative care, it is for those with a bachelor's degree in nursing so it is like a post graduate course

Then you should stick with the health science. All you need to do is start researching on health science and its benefits based on career wise and employability in your home country, so you can be able to convince the VO on your intentions to study (as a genuine student).

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Richnnach: 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

You have missed out an important information. What was your previous course of study at HND level and what program are you going for in Connestoga? What was your role in your former company and what are you doing at the moment?

My suggestion

You have a very good sponsor, Family sponsorship is always the best. If you are thorough with your next application, you should be saying hi to your family from Kitchener by summer. Your father also has a business that can serve as home ties for you. Unfortunately, you did not mention the program you were offered in Connestoga. I wanted to see the possibility of linking it to your family business.

Also, work on your SOP. Did you get anyone to check and proof read your SOP? Did your father write an LOE on your behalf?This is very important.

Thank you for your reply... My ND & HND- Business Administration and management and I'm applying to go study Strategic Global Business Management . Presently, I'm managing a Hotel business of a joint family business, but the school account was used as sponsor which has my name on it . My father runs a school which I'm a director in the CAC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
Congratulations!!
Sorry just curious what do you mean went to Abuja for the authentication of your documents, the embassy directed you there or you went at your own pace ?
tba11:

Hello, these are the list of documents I submitted for the Canadian study visa,

Offer letter from skul
Receipt of fees payment
University certificate
Passport
UK student visa
Past travel visa for both UK and USA
Birth certificate
Nysc certificate
Police report
Statement of purpose
Letter of sponsor from my dad
Passport photographs
Bank account statement both in Naira and dollars
Letter of appointment from work
Payslip for the last three months
Letter from my boss (explaining that he is expecting me back after my program ends)

These are the documents I provided for my dad since he is the sponsor:

Letter of appointment
Birth certificate
Passport
Bank account statement

Also, I went to Abuja for the authentication of all my documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miide2: 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

My suggestion

Hi please What if I’m Able to prove I work for my dad with my appointment letter, and a letter from my dad saying he’s expecting me back after my MBA to take managerial position in the business through my LOE

Would that help in tackling home ties and current employment situation ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tba11(f): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Congratulations!!
Sorry just curious what do you mean went to Abuja for the authentication of your documents, the embassy directed you there or you went at your own pace ?

My agent, told me that it is a requirement for study visa in Canada. That I will have to go to Abuja to authenticate my documents in the ministry of education and foreign affairs, which I did.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
Miide2:

Hi please What if I’m Able to prove I work for my dad with my appointment letter, and a letter from my dad saying he’s expecting me back after my MBA to take managerial position in the business through my LOE

Would that help in tackling home ties and current employment situation ?

Yes that's perfect, I did same thing in 2018. My mum told them in her LOE she is committing such huge funds for my studies in Canada because she wants me to come back home, apply what I have learnt and head the business. If your dad has properties, you can attach documents to show proofs

Also, your LOE and that of your sponsor should be well spaced, well written and interesting to read.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
Okay nice
Congrats once again God bless your new journey
tba11:

My agent, told me that it is a requirement for study visa in Canada. That I will have to go to Abuja to authenticate my documents in the ministry of education and foreign affairs, which I did.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
Richnnach:

Thank you for your reply... My ND & HND- Business Administration and management and I'm applying to go study Strategic Global Business Management . Presently, I'm managing a Hotel business of a joint family business, but the school account was used as sponsor which has my name on it . My father runs a school which I'm a director in the CAC.

Your previous course and next course of study shows career progression. Perfect!

Let your dad transfer your living expenses (could be $10,0000 0r $11,000) plus balance of your fees into a separate account not business or company account and write it clearly in his sponsorship letter what he has done (transferring funds) and why. The why should focus on you coming back to work in his school (establishing home ties).

In a nutshell, submit the listed documents below.

(1) Your fathers company account

(2) Dad's savings account showing your LE and balance of fees. Please make sure your father explains the source of this huge money.

(3) Receipt showing you have paid $6000 to school

(4) Your LOE has to be well written and make sure someone proofs read.

(5) Other documents you listed previously

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
Thank you sir...Online is better then!
Frankrobbn1:

Go for online application is much easier, cheaper and more convenient. Afterwards, he should visit the VFS to submit his fingerprints/biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ehiremen2002: 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2020
Have you gotten any further corresponding information from IRCC after receiving the letter

Banny2020:

I got the same thing (BVL) like 11days after biometric submission. I don’t know why

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.