Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018030 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adunola20: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2020
MsJu:
Hello Adunola,
I believe it's possible to get an approval. Package your application well with a good sop. Include a breakdown of your living expenses and how you are going to care for your kids. If your kids are not up to school age. Personally, I will leave the relative
Thank you so much, MsJu. The breakdown of expenses and how to care for my kids, should that be in my SOP or LOE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adunola20: 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
mcobex:
Applying with your children at the same time will kinda reduce your chances of approval (except you have another strong home tie), adding your aunt will reduce your chances even more.
Best bet is to apply alone or at most with your children. If you must apply with your children, try to make provision for their education and upkeep before applying (like getting them a school or daycare, depending on their age). I
I want to believe funds won't be an issue for you, so try to get them a school in Canada before making your next move.
NB: But if you don't have any strong hometie, then you can apply alone first and use your kids as your hometie, once you get your approval you can now apply for them

Thanks so much. I will look into daycare options because they are both below three. Thanks, again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 12:54am On Mar 23, 2020
For the bolded, I don't think so especially if the kids are still young.
mcobex:
[b]Applying with your children at the same time will kinda reduce your chances of approval (except you have [/b]another strong home tie), adding your aunt will reduce your chances even more.
Best bet is to apply alone or at most with your children. If you must apply with your children, try to make provision for their education and upkeep before applying (like getting them a school or daycare, depending on their age). I
I want to believe funds won't be an issue for you, so try to get them a school in Canada before making your next move.
NB: But if you don't have any strong hometie, then you can apply alone first and use your kids as your hometie, once you get your approval you can now apply for them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 12:58am On Mar 23, 2020
That will be great. During my time, I even included evidence that they were on a Child care center's waitlist.
Adunola20:

Thanks so much. I will look into daycare options because they are both below three. Thanks, again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 12:59am On Mar 23, 2020
It was part of my sponsorship letter
Adunola20:

Thank you so much, MsJu. The breakdown of expenses and how to care for my kids, should that be in my SOP or LOE?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by penitential(m): 2:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Should be in LOE.
Adunola20:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 3:39am On Mar 23, 2020
Kellymaria:
Hello everyone, I have a question bothering my mind.

I have been giving an admission into one university already and I have accepted the admission.

Now I realized that the school fees is huge and I have applied to another school. I'm worried, will the new school know that I have already been giving an admission into one Sch and that I have already applied.

Please help clarify
No. They don’t have access to such information. And even if they do, there’s nothing wrong with applying to multiple schools. Feel free to apply to as many schools as you wish till you find the one that is best for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Siobhanle: 6:18am On Mar 23, 2020
Hello, I received this email this morning from CIC, what does it mean please? I submitted my application on 6th February, medicals requested 3rd March, submitted medicals 10th March, medicals passed 12th March. Since then nothing from them. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 6:33am On Mar 23, 2020
Siobhanle:
Hello, I received this email this morning from CIC, what does it mean please? I submitted my application on 6th February, medicals requested 3rd March, submitted medicals 10th March, medicals passed 12th March. Since then nothing from them. Thanks
please..did u send email to them before receiving this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Siobhanle: 6:35am On Mar 23, 2020
Kaycevit:
please..did u send email to them before receiving this

No I didn’t.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 7:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Siobhanle:
It means they are still working on your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ucham: 7:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Qudkom:

well applying for two different visa categories is called DUAL INTENT. However, I won't advise you to do that. Canadian immigration encourages applicants applying for temporary and permanent visa categories but from a Nigerian perspective and difficulty in getting visa approvals I believe sticking to one category is advisable going forward.
thank you so much. I just replied your pm. Please check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 23, 2020
Good morning to you all..., I want to make an enquiry as regards Company CAC Certificate..

Due to this 4MB size limit, apart from my Sponsors CAC Certificate, is it compulsory for me to upload the documents attached to it.

Because I intend to upload only the Company CAC Certificate..

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 8:24am On Mar 23, 2020
[quote author=geosolomac post=87659647]
Hello, am a Cambrian college applicant, would love to connect with you and ask u some questions and enquire about some things as regards Cambrian College & Sudbury.

Thanks
Warm Regards

Hey there!
Trust you’re doing well amidst this pandemic.
Yes, I have replied your to email, twice. Waiting to hear back from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 8:28am On Mar 23, 2020
geosolomac:

Hello, am a Cambrian college applicant, would love to connect with you and ask u some questions and enquire about some things as regards Cambrian College & Sudbury.

Thanks
Warm Regards

Hey there!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aremu89: 9:18am On Mar 23, 2020
Hello, pls which program did u apply to and when did u get your admission decision because I applied on March 1st and still expecting to hear from them. Thanks
geosolomac:

Thanks
Warm Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aremu89: 9:27am On Mar 23, 2020
Hello, pls which program did u apply to and when did u get your admission decision because I applied on March 1st and still expecting to hear from them. Thanks
quote author=2roodi post=87685556]

Hey there!
Yes, I have replied your to email, twice. Waiting to hear back from you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by younghero2: 9:45am On Mar 23, 2020
Good morning people...
I wish everyone here success in their application.

Jst a quick one for those that applied online..

For someone applying online, do u get the opportunity to upload stuffs like a reference letter from company and also study leave? Etc

Pls any answer will be appreciated
Urgently. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2020
Yes. You add it along with your supporting documents.

House, is it true all Canadian Embassies meant for case processing have been closed down and VOs returned home?

We need to confirm this info ....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2020
Siobhanle:

When is your intake/ when are you starting your program?
Is that your first application?
Expect BVL soon and then ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Siobhanle: 10:33am On Mar 23, 2020
September 2020 and yes it’s my first.

SonofGod2000:

When is your intake/ when are you starting your program?
Is that your first application?
Expect BVL soon and then ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:40am On Mar 23, 2020
gentlemate00:
Hello Bro
I need clarification regarding PR. Let say you did a year graduate program from Ontario and decide to do another program, let say graduate diploma or master program from Atlantic province. After the program one can apply for 2-3 years working permit. Does that help in when applying for PR from Ontario to Atlantic province point of view, i mean does help in when applying for PR since you have study in 2 province ( Ontario & Any Atlantic province).

I do know both have pros and cons but main point is PR.

Hello Gentlemate00,

Irrespective of the province you studied or whether you studied in two different provinces, you are still reliable to a PGWP. However, before choosing a province to study, endeavour to ask questions or conduct a survey about employment prospect, PR flexibility, Population, Environment etc. Also, each provinces has their own PR categories/programs which ease International students/Workers in becoming a PR, you just have to understand the requirements for each provinces in becoming a PR. However, the PGWP is the most important bridge between having the required Canadian experience and PR.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 10:43am On Mar 23, 2020
Keep your fingers crossed. You have gotten it. The challenge you may face now is that their VAC ( VFS) all over Africa are not accepting/processing passport for now due to COVID 19 - only VFS can take your passport to their Lagos/Abuja office for stamping.

They may be delaying your passport request because of this challenge. But, bro, you will still get it. You still have enough time to prepare.

All the best. I have mailed you.

Are you self sponsored?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:50am On Mar 23, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
Greeting all, if my uncle is sponsoring me and I intend to submit his statement of account, please is it extremely necessary to include my uncle’s birth certificate notwithstanding that he bears same surname with me which is even on his Int’l Passport?

Hello Kinzeerichy,

It will be nice to include his birth certificate. This helps established proper relationship and provide clarity as your paternal uncle. On the other, his passport will only show that you bear same surname without an established history of (family) relationship. Thus, if you can't get his birth certificate, his PP will suffice.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 23, 2020
Aremu89:
My course - EMPD - Environmental Monitoring & Impact Assessment (Grad. Certificate)

I got my admission FEB 11

I will suggest you mail their international Dept. & their Enrollment center on the following e-mail address

international@cambriancollege.ca
enrolmentcentre@cambriancollege.ca

And the Subject of ur email should be written as URGENT!!!!!

The mail format goes thus

Hi there,

My name is ,......... and I am a prospective international graduate certificate student or Diploma ,Advance Diploma (which ever one)

On March 1, 2020 , I applied for ...........(specify ur course)..... " for FALL (September 2020 intake), -which ever intake is urs (MAY 2020 or Sept 2020), try to specify

My application is still on REVIEW

and STATUS showing NO DECISION till now (which ever status it is showing on ur Cambrian College Ontariacolleges.ca international portal)

And according to https://cambriancollege.ca/startnow,

It was written that "Early to mid-February: Offers will start going out to applicants".

So am calling your attention as regards my Application to know about the Progress, Update and any latest development, so I won't miss out on the time frame (Early to mid-February) Cambrian College is sending Offers to applicants

Thanks,

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm Regards,

Ur name..

I think this should help and possibly trigger them to send you an update as regards ur application

and make sure u check the Cambrian College Ontariocolleges.ca international Portal to check for the progress & updates of ur application

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 23, 2020
2roodi:

Hey there!
Yes ma'am, am doing well.

Alright , Roger that,

I have received your e-mail & replied back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adunola20: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2020
MsJu:
For the bolded, I don't think so especially if the kids are still young.

Thanks for your responses, MsJu. Pls which one is the bolded?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:45am On Mar 23, 2020
Adunola20:
Hello Everyone,
I have been a silent reader since last year. Now, I am preparing to submit my application. I am planning to travel with my two sons and an aunty to help me with their care while I study for my PhD. I will be applying for visitor visa for them.

Has anyone tried applying for a relative like an aunt? If yes, how did he/she go about justifying the reason why she needs to go? I will appreciate tips to increase her chances of being successful.

I know people like Goingforward, MsJu and some others have been successful with their applications with their children. I will be grateful if someone can help me read through my statement of purpose and letter of explanation.

I will really appreciate the help of the gurus in the house.

Thank you.

Hello Adunola20,

Before putting in a family application, there are certain things to put into consideration.

1. Financial capacity/capability
2. A very solid Home ties
3. Personal/Sponsor's level of establishment
4. Demonstration of been genguine

The most important aspect in every application whether Family or Single application is to be able to demonstrate first a clear/genuine intentions of studying followed by demonstrating how you intend to meet up the tuition fees for the subsequent years after the educational expenses for the first year has been fully met. Hence, your financial budget (at least for the first year) should be more than your expenses (for the first year also.

There is always a lot of work in convincing the VO on family application but not impossible. Sometimes, the VO looks beyond financial status or capability to assess the PA on how well the study genuineness was demonstrated. Also, efforts should be put together in

1. Securing a daycare/nanny/babysitter/high school as the case may be.
2. Study plan - talk about the importance of your research and its prospect, funding etc
3. Sponsorship Letter - the budget for the children every month and measures put in place etc
4. LOE - specifically to enlighten the VO why your children must come with you etc. If the children are very young, use the age as a lobby to express your points/reasons.
5. Established that your spouse/sponsor has a reliable and steady funds/cashflow - investments, fix deposit etc

However, if you are convinced that you can meet the financial and eligibility requirements of IRCC then you can decide to include your aunt in the application but not as a aunt but as an existing nanny. There must be solid proof like

1. A picture of her with one/the/some of the children from ab inito
2. Letter(s) of recommendation for her to be employed as your children's nanny from either religious or socioeconomic organizations etc
3. Letter(s) of attestation from your children's school of recognizing her as their nanny

Family application always comes with confusing and conflicting application methods as what works for A may not work for B. So, other approach will be to put in a single application. You may say the children are too young but many successful applicants who have the mind have done so and later came for the children when settled.

Lastly, if you feel you can demonstrate the aforementioned 4 points above, then the family application might just be for you.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Kinzeerichy,

It will be nice to include his birth certificate. This helps established proper relationship and provide clarity as your paternal uncle. On the other, his passport will only show that you bear same surname without an established history of (family) relationship. Thus, if you can't get his birth certificate, his PP will suffice.

All the best

Very grateful JustMellow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 11:57am On Mar 23, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Gentlemate00,

Irrespective of the province you studied or whether you studied in two different provinces, you are still reliable to a PGWP. However, before choosing a province to study, endeavour to ask questions or conduct a survey about employment prospect, PR flexibility, Population, Environment etc. Also, each provinces has their own PR categories/programs which ease International students/Workers in becoming a PR, you just have to understand the requirements for each provinces in becoming a PR. However, the PGWP is the most important bridge between having the required Canadian experience and PR.

All the best

Greeting. Sorry to jump into this. Given the factors that you have stated above, and my own peculiar situation, which will you advise between Victoria, BC and London Ontario. PR is my end aim after masters in either Uvic or UWestern.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
adetboy:
Thank you for your response. But I’m kinda of curious, pls what will I upload on d document for upfront medicals?
Also, how will I upload d medical forms later after I hv done it ?
Thank u

Hello Adetboy,

An upfront medicals is an optional document to upload. However, when the medical has been done, the panel physician will send it on your behalf and you can also send yourself through webform or email.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
ThowLou:
Good evening, please is there any implication for not submitting application before the deadline. Someone advised us to hold on a bit because COVID-19 could be a reason why they may refuse visas this period. We have less than 30 days left

How?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.