Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1015335 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
umulobi:

Plz,I need answers.
Most of these questions have been answered before, so please people should always try to read up previous pages(you can use the search bar to get it done faster).
To your question, yes you can switch schools after securing TRV
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jus4c: 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

If I understand your question clearly you've been granted an admission into the University of Windsor for Masters in Industrial Engineering and now seeking for advices from the experienced folks in here on how to prepare an airtight study permit application as well as the list of required documents which you will be needing during the process?.

Please refer to my post for
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION: .

FYI; TRV means - Temporary Resident Visa, I can see you also mentioned that you've gotten that too in your post, which is contradictory with your question.

I hope you find the information helpful.

It will end in praises

Thanks, @Frankrobbn1, for your kind response. Yes, I understand that TRV means Temporary Resident Visa or a Visitor Visa. The thing is I am currently on F1 visa in the USA, and applied for the TRV in order to renew my F1 Visa at the US Consulate in Canada early this year. Now that I gained admission into a Canadian school, I guess I only need to apply for the Study Permit. My initial thought was that I could drive into Canada ( since I live close to Windsor) and turn in the application documents for the Student Permit, if it could be done that way.Thanks for providing the link to the required application documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by guitarlife2: 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will be evaluated as Canadian diploma equivalency.
Thank you for your response.
Do you have any idea what kind of admission someone can get with that ?
Is it possible to get a direct internship in Canada if the person is already a PR ?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
TestimoneyTesti:

Where your dad got all this money, can I join him there while you use d statement to go to canada

grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oloreofe01: 2:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
It's really disturbing right now. I applied through paper route since Feb 14th, no response till date
Frankrobbn1:

There are several applicants i know in this month of March that have received updates on their applications including refusals, medical request and passport request.

It will end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
Abeg, are people still getting approvals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Graceee: 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

When did you submit your application, the actual date is when your application status changed to 'all document received'

submitted January 23rd, it says all "document received" until this march its now says "in process" now.

I want to know how long in total one has wait for the final decision??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Graceee: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
Insanity:

When did you apply and which program did you apply to?

I received my offer letter on the 12th of March, MEng Civil Engineering. I applied 18 Nov 2019 and got my offer this month, is your application status on eGas portal in progress?

It says "in process" now
I submitted January 2020
Its on eGAS, I log in every now and then to check on it.
that means I should be looking at May

Please bro, what was your undergraduate cgpa??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JCXpert: 1:08am On Mar 30, 2020
Hello house.please I just got my GCMS on my study Visa. Pls I need guru in the house to help me examine, review and analyze my new LOE before i submit again. Is Mr Frankrobbn1 in the house? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sharpsharp: 7:16am On Mar 30, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Yes dear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2020
oloreofe01:
It's really disturbing right now. I applied through paper route since Feb 14th, no response till date

Have you undergone your biometrics enrollment? If yes, you should exercise a little bit patience until a final decision would be communicated to you.

It will end in praises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:53am On Mar 30, 2020
JCXpert:
Hello house.please I just got my GCMS on my study Visa. Pls I need guru in the house to help me examine, review and analyze my new LOE before i submit again. Is Mr Frankrobbn1 in the house? Thanks

Yup, I'm present here. Can you share the GCMS note and the refusal reasons for your previous application. So we can pick it up from there.

It will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:58am On Mar 30, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Only few in number received approval last week. However these set of people are currently facing difficulty in submission of their passport since VFS is lockdown until further notice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:03am On Mar 30, 2020
guitarlife2:

Thank you for your response.
Do you have any idea what kind of admission someone can get with that ?
Is it possible to get a direct internship in Canada if the person is already a PR ?
Thank you.

National Technical Certificate is an ordinary diploma in Nigeria, so applying with such certification in any of the Canadian institutions will either earn you a post secondary dipolma, advanced diploma program or a bachelor's degree program.

It's possible to get direct internship in Canada whether you're a study permit holder or PR holder. Internship has got nothing to do with your present immigration status. If your program in Canada requires you undergo an internship prior to completion, then you're ought to do it.

It will end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by guitarlife2: 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

National Technical Certificate is an ordinary diploma in Nigeria, so applying with such certification in any of the Canadian institutions will either earn you a post secondary dipolma, advanced diploma program or a bachelor's degree program.

It's possible to get direct internship in Canada whether you're a study permit holder or PR holder. Internship has got nothing to do with your present immigration status. If your program in Canada requires you undergo an internship prior to completion, then you're ought to do it.

It will end in praises
Thank you for this insight.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oloreofe01: 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Have you undergone your biometrics enrollment? If yes, you should exercise a little bit patience until a final decision would be communicated to you.

It will end in praises

This is my 2nd application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oloreofe01: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praises
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Crystalheart: 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Good afternoon guys

I am about to reapply and want to confirm if I will have to create another account on CIC or I can start another application on the previous account?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nochyks87: 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Crystalheart:
Good afternoon guys

I am about to reapply and want to confirm if I will have to create another account on CIC or I can start another application on the previous account?

Thanks

No need to create a new account. Just use the previous one and be sure to include the previous UCI number given to you in your former application. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nonny100: 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
Good evening house. Can I get a student visa without English language proficiency test? I already have an admission offer....thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nonny100:
Good evening house. Can I get a student visa without English language proficiency test? I already have an admission offer....thank you
Yes you can..

Since u av scaled thru the hurdle of getting an admission offer in which English lang. Proficiency test was not part of the sch. requirement for admission, then u are good to go to apply for ur Student Visa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Crystalheart: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Appreciate your prompt response. Thanks

nochyks87:

No need to create a new account. Just use the previous one and be sure to include the previous UCI number given to you in your former application. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nonny100: 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
The thing is this. I used an agency and the agency has a representative of the school working with them. On the admission letter they said I have to meet the English language requirement before accepting the offer. I don't know what to do. I wrote PTE 2ce already and had 52 and 51 with speaking being the lowest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JCXpert: 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Yup, I'm present here. Can you share the GCMS note and the refusal reasons for your previous application. So we can pick it up from there.

It will end in praises.

The study permit was rejected for the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nonny100:
The thing is this. I used an agency and the agency has a representative of the school working with them. On the admission letter they said I have to meet the English language requirement before accepting the offer. I don't know what to do. I wrote PTE 2ce already and had 52 and 51 with speaking being the lowest.
What school is that? Most institutions in Canada do not ask for English Proficiency because our Lang of instruction was in English. Did they request for it during the admission process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
JCXpert:

The study permit was rejected for the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to
It’s necessary you post your profile for proper vetting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JCXpert: 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
Blema111:

It’s necessary you post your profile for proper vetting.

since i got my gcms this week. I have repackage my LOE. so I need experienced member to analyse, examine and advice me on my LOE before I shut again. Appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
The guy who was refused last month February reapply same month, but got this msg on Friday..
I believe they have resumed processing SP applications.

Although, don't know what may come later on after this mail....

"We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Insanity(m): 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
Graceee:

It says "in process" now
I submitted January 2020
Its on eGAS, I log in every now and then to check on it.
that means I should be looking at May

Please bro, what was your undergraduate cgpa??

3.9/5.0
Which program are you going for? Just be hopeful. My profile changed to 'in process' around mid February.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 31, 2020
Good evening house , trust we are all doing great please, I have finally Come to plead and would really appreciate any one who can help me vet my SOP please I’ll be really grateful thanks In advance !!
God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cowbell521: 4:58am On Mar 31, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Good evening house , trust we are all doing great please, I have finally Come to plead and would really appreciate any one who can help me vet my SOP please I’ll be really grateful thanks In advance !!
God bless
Stay at home. Greediness to make 9ja coro free
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cowbell521: 5:00am On Mar 31, 2020
Nonny100:
mod should lock the thread. Stay at home for now. Is just one month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.