Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1015618 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Luckymama:

The family information form does not have the validate option. And there are certain areas where they say you have to sign e.g if you have no kids there’s a portion of the form where you sign a declaration that you don’t have any kids. I suggest you print only this particular form and sign then scan it back.

Ehhhh!!!! Please the person in question is apply via online not paper o.. for online, u don't download, sign and scan the Immm forms o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Luckymama:

Nigeria is one of the designated countries. That question is meant to determine whether you will go for a medical test or not.

Ehhhh!! Where did you get this info...pls this is wrong o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayibo1: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Lekiboboe:

From my own point of u
Yes u can, and u will likely get the Admission,

But

1. the V.O won't see a Progression in Someone with a Bachelor Degree going for a diploma... That's not a Progression... With ur Undergraduate degree (2.2), ur best bet is to go for a Post Grad. Diploma / Post Graduate Certificate program.

2.With a Bachelor Degree in Educational Management ur best option is to go for an higher degree that correlates with ur Undergraduate Program and show progression .e.g a B.SC in Geology going for a Masters or PGD/PGC in Exploration Geophysics

3. if u rilly wanna have this course switch of Edu. Mgt. To Web development, u av to convince the VO on aw ur fmr. Degree resonate with ur intended I.T Course and also why u are going for a Diploma instead of a PGD/PGC..

Probably u might av had I.T trainings(web development etc.) before or gotten some certifications or works u av done as regards the I.T Course (web development).. Then they might be an headway in that

4) And if u decide not to talk about ur Bachelor degree and decide to use ur SSCE Result to apply, fine u might likely get d admission as well

But

The VO would definitely ask what u av bin doing all this while, cos the Age gap will surely show..

So those are the things I feel u should look at bfor making a conclusion on why u going for a diploma.

I think u should seek for more suggestions & ideas from the the Gurus and experience folks in house on this matter of yours..

Stay Safe
I know I have to go for post graduate or masters degree but I wish to study web design and development..and you know I may not be qualified to do it as masters degree or as post graduate because of what I did in my first degree. I also wish to learn it from the beginning..that's why I'm going for a diploma..also..can they accept two WAEC results or Can I just use my degree results alone? Also...i need names of colleges that can accept that
Thanks for your concern
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:49am On Apr 25, 2020
Vokay91:

The space provided is only seven, please what do I do since I have 2 brothers and 6 step siblings? Thank you �

Pls write the names of your dad, mum and siblings from your own mum not your step-siblings o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2020
Olayibo1:
Good morning people..pls can I use my degree result to apply for a diploma program in any college at Canada or is just only waec..and if it's waec, can I use two waec results cos during my undergraduate days..I used two sittings for my ssce results..moreover, I did education management during my undergraduate days with a 2nd class lower grade but would like to put in for IT course(website design and development). Quick reply will be appreciated

Use your degree to apply for an advanced diploma or PGD or a masters.. applying for diploma is not the right way, saying this cos at the visa stage, u will see why
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:52am On Apr 25, 2020
Ukpehor23:
Please I applied January 30th in the vfs office (papper route), i did my medical upfront a day before and my biometrics that same day, I got a message that the medical has been sent and my application has been received but I have not gotten any update since should I be worried.

This scenario has been asked and answers repeatedly given.. send a webform across enquiring why the delay as your school resumption is close approaching .. u can go to the previous pages to get how to do dat.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 10:58am On Apr 25, 2020
Anon123:

Ehhhh!!!! Please the person in question is apply via online not paper o.. for online, u don't download, sign and scan the Immm forms o

Just one form - the family information form. The other forms have validate button. The family information form has no validate button. Anyway I am not an expert. That is what I did.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2020
Vokay91:

Thanks for your response.. the other Imm forms how do I sign them.. am i expected to write my name as signature or print too? Thank you �

Just write your name and click the validate button for the others.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 11:02am On Apr 25, 2020
Vokay91:

The space provided is only seven, please what do I do since I have 2 brothers and 6 step siblings? Thank you �

Check the instructions. They said you can use additional pages of the form if you need more spaces i.e download more copies of the form, fill and attach as one pdf.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2020
Anon123:

Ehhhh!! Where did you get this info...pls this is wrong o

Do I need a medical exam to get a visa?
If the duration of your visit is six months or less:

Generally, no medical examination is required.

However, a medical examination is required if you intend to work in an occupation in which the protection of public health is essential. Please see Jobs for which you need a medical examination for more information.

If the duration of your visit is more than six months:

You will need a medical examination if:

you have resided or stayed temporarily for six or more consecutive months in a [/b]designated country[b] or territory in the one year immediately preceding the date you sought entry into Canada. This applies even if you are a citizen of a country where you do not require a visa to enter Canada

Source:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=441&top=16

From that page there is a link to a list of countries and Nigeria is one of them

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vokay91: 11:12am On Apr 25, 2020
Luckymama:

Just write your name and click the validate button for the others.

Thanks �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2020
Anon123:

Pls write the names of your dad, mum and siblings from your own mum not your step-siblings o

This guy, it is clearly written on that form - write all family members half brother, half sister step siblings even adopted siblings who are not related to you by blood.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2020
Vokay91:
Good evening house,

Please I am having issues signing my imm forms.. I am applying online. How do I handle this please.. secondly, I am from a polygamous home.. i have 2 siblings from my Mum and 6 step siblings.. Is it advisable I add all in my family info.. I am really confused. Please I need advise. Thank you �.

It states that step siblings are still your siblings and it’s better you include them now because if you omit them you will have a hard time proving they are your siblings should you want to sponsor any of them in future. Ask on CIC site for more clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayibo1: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2020
Anon123:

Use your degree to apply for an advanced diploma or PGD or a masters.. applying for diploma is not the right way, saying this cos at the visa stage, u will see why
Okay boss..just that what I did in degree is not somehow related to what I want to put in for(B.(ed)Education Management/ Website Design and Development) ..I just learn a few out of the web design and development during my nysc I just concluded last year October..so..that's why I'm thinking of doing diploma instead..also sir..I need names of colleges that can accept my offer.. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Olayibo1:
I know I have to go for post graduate or masters degree but I wish to study web design and development..and you know I may not be qualified to do it as masters degree or as post graduate because of what I did in my first degree. I also wish to learn it from the beginning..that's why I'm going for a diploma..also..can they accept two WAEC results or Can I just use my degree results alone? Also...i need names of colleges that can accept that
Thanks for your concern
Fine its ur wish study d course , but
The VO wouldn't look at that.... They would definitely look at it at an another perspective which might likely not favor u that's why

DAT about two sitting I dnt know about that
But
Even If u wanna apply with ur WAEC, the AGE GAP would definitely come in, and dey will look at it that ur age difference (Mature Applicant)is higher for the diploma program u are going for....that u should be going for a Masters of PGD/PGC

My own suggestion is that
If u have had experience of Web Design bfor, and u have had projects u av done on it then
U will need to do the talking in ur SOP, so as to convince d VO, why u are going for a Diploma in Web design instead of an Higher Degree, and why u are switching from Educational Management to Web Design

Note this : Getting Admission is d first hurdle and important (most times quite easier getting admission with colleges)

2) Getting ur Study Approval is Very Importanta....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Luckymama:

Nigeria is one of the designated countries. That question is meant to determine whether you will go for a medical test or not.

Please can you explain how that question related to medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Adurami040517:
Oga Frank please can you help with answer to this

If you are still in the process of uploading I would
Recommend you click in the question mark ? Icon on the passport upload section,

if i remember clearly, it states passports and travel history. So you need the Datapage of old passport as well as scan all the visa you have. It’s a way of defending the travel history you filled.

Like I said check and see the requirements on the question mark sign.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Luckymama:

Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?

The information presented by you is misleading, Please can you explain how the question in bolded is related to medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chimzy4real: 11:35am On Apr 25, 2020
Please i just have 3 years left on my passport. Do you think it will pay me if i put in for Canadian study. Please i need an advice cos i am looking at the long term
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2020
Has anyone logged into their account today, I can’t seem to log in. Is there an upgrade of system going on?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2020
Iphiegrace:
Has anyone logged into their account today, I can’t seem to log in. Is there an upgrade of system going on?

Clear the cache on your browser, close the window and try logging in again.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Please i just have 3 years left on my passport. Do you think it will pay me if i put in for Canadian study. Please i need an advice cos i am looking at the long term

Yes it will pay you. Three years passport validity is sufficient to apply for a Canadian study Visa.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:45am On Apr 25, 2020
Luckymama:

The family information form does not have the validate option. And there are certain areas where they say you have to sign e.g if you have no kids there’s a portion of the form where you sign a declaration that you don’t have any kids. I suggest you print only this particular form and sign then scan it back.

You don't need to print and sign any of the IMM forms when applying via the online route. You're only required to fill the right information, date the forms, and upload them into their various columns.

Note - After successful uploading of documents into their various platforms, you will be prompted to use your full name as written on your passport to electronically sign the application and transmit the document to IRCC for due visa processing.

@Vokay91, please be properly guided!

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 11:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Olayibo1:
Okay boss..just that what I did in degree is not somehow related to what I want to put in for(B.(ed)Education Management/ Website Design and Development) ..I just learn a few out of the web design and development during my nysc I just concluded last year October..so..that's why I'm thinking of doing diploma instead..also sir..I need names of colleges that can accept my offer.. thanks

Visit this Ontario College link to View the

Diploma in Web Development/Design Programs and the schools offering them + the Session that is open for Admission ( either Fall, Winter, or Spring intake ) + tuition fee and Admission requirements

https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/computers-and-telecommunications/web-design-development?q=&page=0

Scroll down and check the Courses from Page 1-55

Also check
Durham College - Web Application for Mobile Computing (Grad. Certificate)

Humber College - Web Development (Grad. certificate)

Sheridan College - Web Design - (Grad. Certificate)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adurami040517: 11:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Thank you for your reply. God bless
Frankrobbn1:

The current passport bio data page should be uploaded in the Passport column provided in your mycic account. Your relevant travel histories should be scanned and uploaded in the clients supporting column. Please don't upload your expired international passport bio data page. It's totally irrelevant to the immigration of Canada.

In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns of any kind. Don't hesitate to reach out here for assistance.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adurami040517: 11:49am On Apr 25, 2020
I have done that, and it clearly states that submit valid data document. That is why I threw the question open because I don't want to make any mistake. Thank you for your contribution
Iphiegrace:

If you are still in the process of uploading I would
Recommend you click in the question mark ? Icon on the passport upload section,

if i remember clearly, it states passports and travel history. So you need the Datapage of old passport as well as scan all the visa you have. It’s a way of defending the travel history you filled.

Like I said check and see the requirements on the question mark sign.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 11:50am On Apr 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Please can you explain how that question related to medicals?

Not an expert or a “guru” but that is what I understood from this page

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vokay91: 11:52am On Apr 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You don't need to print and sign any of the IMM forms when applying via the online route. You're only required to fill the right information, date the forms, and upload them into their various columns.

Note - After successful uploading of documents into their various platforms, you will be prompted to use your full name as written on your passport to electronically sign the application and transmit the document to IRCC for due visa processing.

@Vokay91, please be properly guided!

It will end in praise

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayibo1: 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Fine its ur wish study d course , but
The VO wouldn't look at that.... They would definitely look at it at an another perspective which might likely not favor u that's why

DAT about two sitting I dnt know about that
But
Even If u wanna apply with ur WAEC, the AGE GAP would definitely come in, and dey will look at it that ur age difference (Mature Applicant)is higher for the diploma program u are going for....that u should be going for a Masters of PGD/PGC

My own suggestion is that
If u have had experience of Web Design bfor, and u have had projects u av done on it then
U will need to do the talking in ur SOP, so as to convince d VO, why u are going for a Diploma in Web design instead of an Higher Degree

Note this : Getting Admission is d first hurdle and important (most times quite easier getting admission with colleges)

2) Getting ur Study Approval is Very Importanta....

Okay bro..Thank you.. really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chimzy4real: 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
Thanks

Frankrobbn1:

Yes it will pay you. Three years passport validity is sufficient to apply for a Canadian study Visa.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
Luckymama:

Not an expert or a “guru” but that is what I understood from this page

The presented link from you is referring to medicals, but the question in particular on the IMM form is asking if the applicant has lived abroad for 6 consecutive months in the last years. If the answer yes, then the applicant to provide a police character certificate from the designated countries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: Decharger(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.