Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,391 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1017936 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Clear the cache on your browser, close the window and try logging in again.

It will end in praise.

I log in then it says invalid session or expired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
@All

I need people to suggest any new material that will help newbies in the next part of this thread.

If you have any suggestion quote this post and i will consider it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
justwise:
@All

I need people to suggest any new material that will help newbies in the next part of this thread.

Thank you.
- MyBank Statement Ticket (an alternative to bulky SOA)

- Grammer and punctuation marks checking of SOP using Grammarly online tool or software

- Canada Style Resume

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lekiboboe:

- MyBank Statement Ticket (an alternative to bulky SOA)

- Grammer and punctuation marks checking of SOP using Grammarly online tool or software

- Canada Style Resume

Thanks for your list

1. Somebody can outline how that works without attaching video link.

2. That is a 3rd part software, i don't think we should be promoting it here

3. People who need a Canadian style Resume can google it, its available online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
Iphiegrace:

I log in then it says invalid session or expired

Did you stay too long on the site without any activity? This can also result to the invalid session. Can you use a google chrome or firefox to try it again after you must have cleared the cache on your browser.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Habeeb521(m): 2:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
Anon123:

My 2kobo here is, finish school, go for Nysc and den apply for a admission over there in canada. I believe reason people ain't replying is cos nobody has either not done it before or they don't know what to tell u..
I think finishing and getting your Nysc at least is far better.. my 2kobo though. Like the saying here goes, don't rush to apply
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Habeeb521(m): 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Why go to Canada as a transfer student and start from scratch when you can apply directly for a PGD program given that you've successfully completed a 5 years Higher national Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering technology in Nigeria?

Following your intent to study in Canada, there is no logical progression between your previous studies, your current job role and your intended program. Thus, I can confidently confirm that the visa officer will see you as not a genuine international student from a troubled country and that you're using study permit as means to facilitate entry into Canada rather than educational advancement.

Please do not put in such weak application as you might indirectly be adding to the high visa refusal rate for Nigerian applicants. Your best bet is to opt for a PGD at this point in your career.

It will end in praise.
thanks really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
justwise:
@All

Thank you.

The list of links that would be useful to prospective applicants seeking for a study visa to Canada.

1. If your study permit application has exceeded the standard processing times.... Raise a CSE via THE NAIROBI WEB FORM

2. LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION

3. SAMPLE MAIL IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS EXCEEDED THE STANDARD PROCESSING TIMES

4. Kenya, Nairobi Immigration office email : nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

5. STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE TO LINK YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE.

6. A DETAILED & SUCCESSFUL FAMILY APPLICATION TRV PROFILE

7. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF BACKGROUND CHECK AND REVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY IN THE CANADIAN IMMIGRATION?

8. ADDRESSED STUDY PERMIT REFUSAL REASONS

9. AUTHORIZED LINK TO ORDER FOR YOUR GCMS NOTES

10. SAMPLE MAIL FOR LATE PASSPORT TRANSMISSION

11. HOW TO OBTAIN A POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE AND IT'S COST

12. DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD

These are my suggestions. Thanks for considering my request by creating the next part of this thread.

As always, it will end in praise

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please I am looking for the post that detailed List Of DOCUMENTS for study visa and their appropriate categories for uploading.

Anyone please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
Phatkayconcept:
Hi everyone,

Please I am looking for the post that detailed List Of DOCUMENTS for study visa and their appropriate categories for uploading.

Anyone please help

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD

It will end in praise

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Useful links that would be useful to prospective applicants seeking for a study visa to Canada.

1. If your study permit application has exceeded the standard processing times.... Raise a CSE via THE NAIROBI WEB FORM

2. LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION

3. SAMPLE MAIL IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS EXCEEDED THE STANDARD PROCESSING TIMES

4. Kenya, Nairobi Immigration office email : nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

5. STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE TO LINK YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE.

6. A DETAILED & SUCCESSFUL FAMILY APPLICATION TRV PROFILE

7. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF BACKGROUND CHECK AND REVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY IN THE CANADIAN IMMIGRATION?

8. ADDRESSED STUDY PERMIT REFUSAL REASONS

9. AUTHORIZED LINK TO ORDER FOR YOUR GCMS NOTES

10. SAMPLE MAIL FOR LATE PASSPORT TRANSMISSION

12. HOW TO OBTAIN A POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE AND IT'S COST

These are my suggestions. Thanks for considering my request by creating the next part of this thread.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Some of the materials you listed will be included while some will be lift out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
justwise:

Thanks for your suggestion.

Some of the materials you listed will be included while some will be lift out

It's all good boss. I greatly appreciate your effort and unwavering desire for over the years in assisting prospective Nigerian applicants to emigrate succesfully to Canada.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Preferable you should apply to University of Saskatchewan since that's your second choice. It's way much better than MUN in consideration of its undergraduate admission requirement.

I'm only trying to save you from the stress, time and effort you might waste seeking for undergraduate admission from MUN.

I know people that have been there and how things turned out for them. Experience has been the best teacher for me. I will advice you stick to my advice.

Following your questions about MUN undergraduate admission, what is required is your WAEC confirmation of result, you need to pay N10,000 to the WAEC office at yaba to prepare this document and an additional N14,000 for them to send it via courier to MUN.

For the English proficiency requirement - You will have to register and pay for the IELTS (academic option) exam fee of N75,000, read and must attain overall 6.5 band with no modules below 6.0band. Bear in mind, that there is also no guarante you will achieve this score after writing the exam. Now, can you see how much you've spent just to secure an undergraduate admission into MUN?. The entire process will also take between 2-3 months.

I have given my advice, the ball is on your court to decide.

It will end in praise

MUN admission process is hell. Lol

I know how much i spent. Application fee, english proficiency, couriering of documents, sending official transcript from school.

Well, I hope all is worth is though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UgwuanyiM: 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

MUN admission process is hell. Lol

I know how much i spent. Application fee, english proficiency, couriering of documents, sending official transcript from school.

Well, I hope all is worth is though.

But you can still use English letter of proficiency from your school to apply ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by awahnnenna: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
what is the minimum MSc grade that U of S will accept for people who want to do a PhD. Please help with an answer and any other necessary info. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by roselex: 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2020
Hello everyone,
Please i have a few questions about PHD in canada

Are there scholarships for Phd interntional student?

Do we need to write the english exams as well?

can we travel with family?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
awahnnenna:
what is the minimum MSc grade that U of S will accept for people who want to do a PhD. Please help with an answer and any other necessary info. Thanks

You will be better informed if you check the eligibility/requirement details through the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
UgwuanyiM:

But you can still use English letter of proficiency from your school to apply ?

Yes. You can

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pepper247(f): 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Boss can I email you too?
ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
justwise:
@All

Thank you.

MyBankticket for GTB process is really simple. On your online banking platform, go to download statement. There is the option to send statement to embassy. A list of embassies are there including Canada. When you click Canada you have options to select what type of visa you are applying for and whether you are the Applicant, sponsor or guarantor.
Once you are done they send the ticket to your email that is attached to the account. You can download the ticket and attach to your application. Sometimes the email may delay but on the occasions I have used it- both the Applicant and Sponsor, it eventually dropped.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dejeez: 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
Biometrics on the 2nd of March Correspondence letter on the 17th of April pls what are they still waiting for if it’s a refusal they should let someone know on time rather than wasting my time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yads97: 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
dejeez:
Biometrics on the 2nd of March Correspondence letter on the 17th of April pls what are they still waiting for if it’s a refusal they should let someone know on time rather than wasting my time

If you applied online, you can check your GCkey account for updates.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dejeez: 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
I checked couple of minutes ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ALT2(m): 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
Don't understand CIC again o, a friend applied 25 of march received BVL 24th April and no other update till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gentlemate00: 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
Biometric collection letter nko?

ALT2:
Don't understand CIC again o, a friend applied 25 of march received BVL 24th April and no other update till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Achieverpaul: 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dear Mr Frank, please reply your email
I need your assistance with a review.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
Achieverpaul:
Dear Mr Frank, please reply your email
I need your assistance with a review.
Thanks

Okay boss, I will be with you soon. Thanks for your patience.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by PeterDre: 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
Good evening everyone, trust we all are keeping safe. Thanks guys for all of the info and guidance thus far on this platform.

I am about to apply for a study visa for an Msc program. Currently working with the Federal Govt, 35yrs, and married with 2 kids.

Please can I use a sponsor(My brother)?

If yes, can he do the following?

1.Send me the money with a deed of gift.
2.Show his personal account
3.Tender his company's documents.

Though he is employed, but prefer to use his personal account and his company's details.

Kindly advise. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ALT2(m): 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
gentlemate00:
Biometric collection letter nko?

It is reapplication
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gentlemate00: 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2020
Oh ok.

ALT2:

It is reapplication
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
It will be hard to convince the VO that your sponsorship is strong, except the age gap is much & you can claim he trained you growing up etc. If not, why will a brother want to spend millions on his 35 years old brother that’s married with kids? What does he stand to gain from such investment? Except he’s Dangote or a multimillionaire, the VO will find it hard to believe that your brother is really going to see you all through & you’re only using his account for visa. It will be better if he can fund your account over time before the visa application than using his account. Regardless, all the best.
PeterDre:
Good evening everyone, trust we all are keeping safe. Thanks guys for all of the info and guidance thus far on this platform.

I am about to apply for a study visa for an Msc program. Currently working with the Federal Govt, 35yrs, and married with 2 kids.

Please can I use a sponsor(My brother)?

If yes, can he do the following?

1.Send me the money with a deed of gift.
2.Show his personal account
3.Tender his company's documents.

Though he is employed, but prefer to use his personal account and his company's details.

Kindly advise. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by legit90: 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
Hello great Nairalander

I’m looking for admission in one the designated schools in Canada.

I have a BSc in Biochemistry and currently serving, but I want to go for Nursing in Canada. I’m confused if I’m to use my degree to apply or to use my WAEC result to apply. And also would there be any issues I want to apply for study permit visa, from the fact that I have a degree in Biochemistry and I’m going for a different degree as undergraduate?

Please your suggestions would be very much appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.