Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1004968 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by canadaman18: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2019
Tlontin:

No and yours?

Nope
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 9:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
kcosam:

Usually uregina have each application on a separate link once you log on to the portal. There is always a link to take you to the page of each application you submitted. Check on the main menu and you will see 2019 and a different link for 2020.
However, Uregina faculty of graduate studies and research admission offer usually have 1 yr validity, so if your previous admission was for September 2019, then that offer is still valid till September 2020. I don't know much about their undergraduate program. Which program and course did you applied for?

I applied for Business Administration, 4years program
On my previous admission letter it stated that am eligible to start your studies at the beginning of any one of the following semester .
2019/Winter January. 2019/Spring/Summer semester May. 2019/ Fall semester September.

So I just defer the last intake which is September before I got my second refusal and I can't meet up again for this year.. Which was reason why I applied for another admission for 2020winter..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
I have already pay for this new applications fee and it went successful but na the suddenly change is what I don't get

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2019
Senatorkolade:

If you get a biometric validity mail before medical, na refusal o.

How do u know...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2019
But it stated on the old applications status

*This is a summary of the processed application that was selected.

I don't know if it will change back or the new admission will appear after the process I just don't get
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Okusi(m): 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2019
Good evening. Can one's sponsor send his SOA ahead of the applicant to the embassy even before applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
My school resumption date is 3 sept 2019. submitted May 4, Biometrics May 8. Nothing yet.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
BTGbenga:
My school resumption date is 3 sept 2019. submitted May 4, Biometrics May 8. Nothing yet.

Your application is bearly starting.. if u are still on background check, den u have to be patient cos it takes time... meanwhile u can send webforms and mails to make inquiries
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oriazowan: 10:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
Yes you can book an appointment if you wish. I booked mine when I applied because I was coming from outside of Lagos and had to take excuse from my office.
OptimusPrime21:

This question was asked last week and the answer still remains NO!!!! You just go early 7am issh.. if u enter lagos... enter Lekki, ask the driver to stop u at Ikate bus stop, cross to the other side.. ask anybody u see at that long street manor hall, u won't miss it cos all those fraudulent so called agents will be jam packed there looking for innocent souls to suck dry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2019
oriazowan:
Yes you can book an appointment if you wish. I booked mine when I applied because I was coming from outside of Lagos and had to take excuse from my office.

Well I didn't.. but the key word you used is "You can" which means two possible probabilities of either way book or don't book, give the same output
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Maprince4: 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
Please how can we confirm a Canada registered colleges for international students?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2019
Thanks! Good to know. cool

Tlontin:

You have done well.. house is willing to assist. That’s y we are here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chinonye94: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

Your application is bearly starting.. if u are still on background check, den u have to be patient cos it takes time... meanwhile u can send webforms and mails to make inquiries
Good evening. Please mine has been on background check for close to 7 weeks! Is this not too long?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
Ok. I'll be expecting it. Thanks

Bracha:
Okay. Thanks for the clarification, I'll send it to you now.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
You might have saved some cash if you called the school before applying again. There is a procedure for this... (at least I'm sure of the one for graduate programs). When you can't meet up with the admission deadline, there is a form you'll be adviced to download and fill, which would then be signed by your proposed supervisor, HOD and dean of Faculty, via email. If approved, you'll then be granted an extension, to enable you resume after the deadline stated in your offer letter.

At this point, I'd advice you call the admissions office directly. They'll clarify your doubts. I suspect they might just be reverting to your earlier admission offer,...

Evankc:

I applied for Business Administration, 4years program
On my previous admission letter it stated that am eligible to start your studies at the beginning of any one of the following semester .
2019/Winter January. 2019/Spring/Summer semester May. 2019/ Fall semester September.

So I just defer the last intake which is September before I got my second refusal and I can't meet up again for this year.. Which was reason why I applied for another admission for 2020winter..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
Chinonye94:

Good evening. Please mine has been on background check for close to 7 weeks! Is this not too long?

It is dear.. sorry for your delay.. have you ordered for your gcms notes to enquire to get a understanding of why the delay.. have u sent webforms and emails to make inquiries.. if u have and no response, order for your notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jvmum(f): 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2019

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Maprince4: 12:15am On Jun 11, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chisongozi: 12:25am On Jun 11, 2019
Bracha:
Okay. Thanks for the clarification, I'll send it to you now.

I am interested too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 12:39am On Jun 11, 2019
Please send an email. Thanks.

chisongozi:

I am interested too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sillysassysally(f): 2:54am On Jun 11, 2019
No. Not to Canada but to the US

Tlontin:

To Canada? Very cheap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sillysassysally(f): 2:55am On Jun 11, 2019
No landing gist yet because I haven’t arrived Canada. I’ll update once I get there.

richcasey:

No landing gist?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kvbenjamin44(f): 4:19am On Jun 11, 2019
Senatorkolade:

If you get a biometric validity mail before medical, na refusal o.

� are you serious
nawa o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kvbenjamin44(f): 4:22am On Jun 11, 2019
ok dear but i did paper application
I simply want to link my paper application online
thanks

OptimusPrime21:

For the the one billionth time, u can't track an online application, that's why it's called ONLINE.. kindly revert to your cic account to track it's progress plus your application is still at a baby stage..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 4:23am On Jun 11, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm happy with the informations and contributions I've seen on this forum as it has been really helpful. I intend to apply for my Visa and please I need clarification on funds. On the CIC website, it was stated that for the funding requirement is 1st year fees+10000CAD(for living expenses) and for my school the first year fees amount s to about 3.8Mif I include the living expenses it should amount to about 6.8M which I have as I'm going to be self sponsored, but is this really sufficient for my application in convincing the VO? do I stand a chance or must I have a sponsor with a larger amount? Please gurus in the house I'd appreciate your assistance.

cc Qudkom, Bracha, frankobbin1, OptimusPrime21, kcosam, mcobex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:26am On Jun 11, 2019
Okusi:
Good evening. Can one's sponsor send his SOA ahead of the applicant to the embassy even before applying
No!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:30am On Jun 11, 2019
pete26:
Hello everyone, I'm happy with the informations and contributions I've seen on this forum as it has been really helpful. I intend to apply for my Visa and please I need clarification on funds. On the CIC website, it was stated that for the funding requirement is 1st year fees+10000CAD(for living expenses) and for my school the first year fees amount s to about 3.8Mif I include the living expenses it should amount to about 6.8M which I have as I'm going to be self sponsored, but is this really sufficient for my application in convincing the VO? do I stand a chance or must I have a sponsor with a larger amount? Please gurus in the house I'd appreciate your assistance.

cc Qudkom, Bracha, frankobbin1, OptimusPrime21, kcosam, mcobex
What is the duration of your intended program? If it is one year then you are good to go, but if it is above then it will be advisable to get a co-sponsor so as to help out with subsequent year(s).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 5:05am On Jun 11, 2019
mcobex:
What is the duration of your intended program? If it is one year then you are good to go, but if it is above then it will be advisable to get a co-sponsor so as to help out with subsequent year(s).
it's actually a two years program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 5:40am On Jun 11, 2019
Sumji:
You might have saved some cash if you called the school before applying again. There is a procedure for this... (at least I'm sure of the one for graduate programs). When you can't meet up with the admission deadline, there is a form you'll be adviced to download and fill, which would then be signed by your proposed supervisor, HOD and dean of Faculty, via email. If approved, you'll then be granted an extension, to enable you resume after the deadline stated in your offer letter.

At this point, I'd advice you call the admissions office directly. They'll clarify your doubts. I suspect they might just be reverting to your earlier admission offer,...

Thanks for your concern. I will do so

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:27am On Jun 11, 2019
pete26:
it's actually a two years program
Okay, try and get a co-sponsor. He/she needs to state in his letter of support that he is your co-sponsor and will be supporting with with $xxxx yearly and he has transferred $xxxx to your personal account to show commitment (because I want to believe the co-sponsor isn't your sibling or parent).
Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wealthmiq: 6:36am On Jun 11, 2019
Hi guys. good morning. please my gcms notes just arrived. please any suggestions and contributions on how to tackle these will be much appreciated. Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (644)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.