Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,511 members, 7,770,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1416803 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
15 working/business days after
Ucdavid111:
��well-done to all the gurus in the house,God continue to bless you all,
Please I submitted since 30th of may,when should I expect to hear from them?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 7:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hello, Professors in the Uk immigration issues,

Somebody sent me an invitation, and she wrote that she would provide me accommodate and support me during my 7 days UK visit. I am currently filling my online application form.

There is a section saying " Who is paying towards the cost of your visit? I Clicked - Someone I know..

Now, what should I write on HOW MUCH MONEY WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR VISIT?

Also, should I remove the cost of accommodation and feeding on the breakdown of my expenses.?

Please reply. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MEhizele: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hello house,

Thanks for the great work here.

I applied for Uk visiting visa last December and was denied as they stated i did not show proof of relationship with my invitee.

Now I've gotten admission for my masters.I'm just waiting for CAS to be issued before apllicatoon is made.
I would like to know the exact documents to present and if i would be asked to explain the funds in my account as im sponsoring myself.

I would like yo know if your social media platform is checked when considering yoir application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2019
Enick:
Hello, genius in the Uk immigration issues,

Somebody sent me an invitation, and she wrote that she would provide me accommodate and support my during my 7 days UK visit. I am currently filling my online application form.

There is a section saying " Who is paying towards the cost of your visit? I Clicked - Someone I know..

Now, what should I write on HOW MUCH MONEY WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR VISIT?

Also, should I remove the cost of accommodation and feeding on the breakdown of my expenses.?

Please reply. Thanks.

If your friend is only providing accommodation and feeding then you write a letter explaining that and also state that you are paying for your flight.

Selecting that somebody else is paying for the trip is not a good idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
MEhizele:
Hello house,

Thanks for the great work here.

I applied for Uk visiting visa last December and was denied as they stated i did not show proof of relationship with my invitee.

Now I've gotten admission for my masters.I'm just waiting for CAS to be issued before apllicatoon is made.
I would like to know the exact documents to present and if i would be asked to explain the funds in my account as im sponsoring myself.

I would like yo know if your social media platform is checked when considering yoir application

https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2019
rumuseh14:

Thank you very much for your prompt response to my question. However, from what I read I can see that the process is very stringent. You also suggest a fiance visa. Could you please be more kind to explain the fiance visa process to me and possibly suggest any other way you think my brother and the lady could find an easy way to

[/b]The lady in question is not that financially buoyant as she has a little back injury and depends on government for upkeep.[b]

Thanks as always.

For the fiance visa, it is the same thing with the spouse visa, u will need to meet all the requirements as the spouse visa. The only thing on fiance visa is that the lady doesn't need to come to Nigeria for court marriage, atleast she will safe money. She will need to fille for finance visa for y brother, when he applys . The fiance visa is just six months which gives u permission to enter the UK and get married to your spouse, bf the visa expires, u will need to apply for the spouse visa to give you right to remain legal in the UK. The spouse visa is given 2.5 years after the 2.5years expires, your brother reapply again using all the requirements and another 2.5years is given to him. So when he stays in the UK for 5years, he applys for ILR( Indenfite leave to remain). After one year he applys for citizen. Note: with the finance visa y brother can not work till he gets his spouse visa. The best is the spouse visa if the British lady can come to Nigeria to get married. The spouse visa is straight. The fiance visa is only meant for those who their partners can not come to Nigeria and get married or u are in relationship to join y spouse, u apply for fiance visa.

If the lady do not meet all the requirements, the best is for your brother to apply for visiting visit, get an invitation from his lady and keep visiting her, till she has all requirements to fille for him .

The lady in question is not that financially buoyant as she has a little back injury and depends on government for upkeep.[b]

Please the lady in question must meet all the requirements bf she can bring in your bros. They ECO wants to see that the sponsor which is the lady need to take care of y brother without recourse to public funds. That is why I said let your brother get a lot of informations from her to be sure she meets all the requirements to bring him. Been a British citizen without meeting spouse requirements is a No for ECO.

The only advice let your bros get either a visiting visa and keep visiting till the lady gets all requirements. If the lady is unable to get the requirements, y bros av to learn to live seperatly through frenquent visiting, which is very expensive. He will keep renewing his visa till it reaches atleast five years. Let him think twice bf jumping into this marriage.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bidemi1190: 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
Pleasehouse, do I submit my visit application in abuja at submission centre opp national defence colleague or at maitama? . Secondly, do I submit all my original and photocopy of supporting documents alongside my application ? ,thirdly, I need the embassy address so that I can use in submitting my application ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
please are they 2 mode of submitting UK VISA online and form submission please give me idea and also if am to Submit online what are things to take along to Ikeja for submission and capturing ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by joyivro: 12:12am On Jun 10, 2019
joyivro:

1.The statement is like 5 days now I’m hoping to get all documents by this week want to do the self upload.
2.Will tell him to write too.
3.will add it then.
4.I put 1.2k for tickets for 3 of us,then 600k for shopping and other expenses my sisters are providing accommodation feeding n tp.They have written their letter.
Thanks.
[quote author=joyivro post=79167660]
Justwise and others please waiting for ur response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 1:53am On Jun 10, 2019
Thank you so much. This is helpful
Floraoye0417:
Ure dad will have to make an appointment first before doing walk in. Have an appointment date n yes once he inform them at the gate that he wants to do walk n shows them the appointment letter he will be allowed in. But he shld be there b4 2pm for vi. That's when walk in closes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 4:45am On Jun 10, 2019
joyivro:

1.The statement is like 5 days now I’m hoping to get all documents by this week want to do the self upload.
2.Will tell him to write too.
3.will add it then.
4.I put 1.2k for tickets for 3 of us,then 600k for shopping and other expenses my sisters are providing accommodation feeding n tp.They have written their letter.
Thanks.

Cut down on the budget for tickets. 800k or even less is enough to state in that regard.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2019
Please, is there anyone who applied on 10th May at V.I, who has gotten a response?

I am scheduled to travel out of naija this weekend (separate business) and I desperately need my passport back this week. Please who can advice me what to do? embarassed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MISSYTOSIN(f): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2019
Monmarri:

Check this link on Nairaland and post y questions. That is where u ask all y questions on UK spouse Visa Application
https://www.nairaland.com/4454398/uk-spouse-visa-application-2018

For your brother to qualify for spouse visa, him and her British wife must be in a genuine relationship. There av to be proof on the marriage such as marriage certificate (court marriage certificate) marriage pictures, other pic together, communication from WhatsApp chat(the screenshots), emails, calls and face book messanger. All depends on what media they communicate. They must be prove. The British lady av to come to Nigeria and wed y bros in court, then go bk to UK and prepare her documents to apply for your brother. The requirements for her documents, she needs to be permanent staff , agency worker or self employed or can take the saving route which is lots of money, about £62,000 I think to meet the financial requirements. For the requirements under permanent she need to be earning £18,600 per annum bf she can bring in y brother, with six months payslips and six months statement of ac. For the self employed she either go through cat F or Cat G. U can read that on goggle for self employed. Just ask the lady the job requirements she has. I think she will know better.

For your brother he needs to write test of English exams. But this days if u av a degree certificate, u can visit your university and they write to embassy that doing y university u were taught in English language, depending on the course u study, then get your original certificate and transcript and take it to NARIC (They r the organization in nig. in charge of validation for test of English if u are a graduate) , y bros need to do TBS test, need to pay for nhs, write supporting cover letter.

For his chances of getting spouse visa is for the marriage to be genuine. The British lady meeting the financial requirements, accommodation, and meeting the visa payment, nhs, TBS. The lady must budget about £3000 for Settlement visa. If the lady meets all requirements for sure y brother will get spouse visa.

Well lot of money is involved, it is very compulsory for her to come to Nigeria and marry y bros, except she is going to apply for fiance visa, when y bros gets it, then they wed in UK and fille for spouse visa. The duration for visa process for Settlement is 60 working days but depending, some got in 50, 45. Except u apply for priority then u get it like 23 working days or less.

Note: Make sure y brother knows much about this lady and the lady meets all the spouse requirements bf deciding to marry. All the best to y brother.

Kindly note that the NARIC is in UK not Nigeria.
NARIC (They r the organization in UK in charge of validation for test of English if u are a graduate)

U can read the link on it. https://www.naric.org.uk/
uk naric

can I use a master degree certificate for the use of English? Or only first degree is acceptable?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by wondychiqe: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2019
1) tls centre at Third floor, Murkhtar El-Yakub Place beside Metro Plaza, on Plot 1129 Zakariya Maimalari Street, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria. I hope you have booked an appointment. Don't mind those guys outside talking about checklist. Just go straight to the murktar place
2)yes you submit all originals, they scan it and give it back to you
3) you address to the entry clearance officer,
British High Commission
Plot 1137
Diplomatic Drive
Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

quote author=bidemi1190 post=79176921]Pleasehouse, do I submit my visit application in abuja at submission centre opp national defence colleague or at maitama? . Secondly, do I submit all my original and photocopy of supporting documents alongside my application ? ,thirdly, I need the embassy address so that I can use in submitting my application ?[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2019
Have they sent you the generic mail saying your application is not straightforward?

Lunm:
Please, is there anyone who applied on 10th May at V.I, who has gotten a response?

I am scheduled to travel out of naija this weekend (separate business) and I desperately need my passport back this week. Please who can advice me what to do? embarassed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
FYsol:
Have they sent you the generic mail saying your application is not straightforward?

No. I've actually been told that it's been processed (called the UKGov contact). But there's no update mail or change in the online tracking status by TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by joyivro: 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
Please to who and what address am i using for all my letters to the visa section.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bidemi1190: 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
Will book an appointment within the week. Thanks so much
wondychiqe:
1) tls centre at Third floor, Murkhtar El-Yakub Place beside Metro Plaza, on Plot 1129 Zakariya Maimalari Street, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria. I hope you have booked an appointment. Don't mind those guys outside talking about checklist. Just go straight to the murktar place
2)yes you submit all originals, they scan it and give it back to you
3) you address to the entry clearance officer,
British High Commission
Plot 1137
Diplomatic Drive
Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

quote author=bidemi1190 post=79176921]Pleasehouse, do I submit my visit application in abuja at submission centre opp national defence colleague or at maitama? . Secondly, do I submit all my original and photocopy of supporting documents alongside my application ? ,thirdly, I need the embassy address so that I can use in submitting my application ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2019
Apparently you will have to visit TLS

Lunm:

No. I've actually been told that it's been processed (called the UKGov contact). But there's no update mail or change in the online tracking status by TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amoj4682: 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2019
Good afternoon people. I would like to make an enquiry. I have travelled to the uk as a tourist when i was single, my visa expired in 2014. I want to apply for another visa by His grace. My status has changed, i am married now and want to travel with my family of 3 in total. The last time i applied i didnt mention i had a sibling in the Uk but now my sibling is inviting us hence my category of visa will be family. Hope it wouldnt be an issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
The online tracking wont change until you get despatched mail from ukvi.. sorry. a bit more patience.. Did Ukvi say a decision has been made?
Lunm:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2019
FYsol:
Apparently you will have to visit TLS

Really hoped it would not come to this. I'm outside of Lagos!
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2019
CAN you help me with how u apply for the first tourist visit

document submitted
Amoj4682:
Good afternoon people. I would like to make an enquiry. I have travelled to the uk as a tourist when i was single, my visa expired in 2014. I want to apply for another visa by His grace. My status has changed, i am married now and want to travel with my family of 3 in total. The last time i applied i didnt mention i had a sibling in the Uk but now my sibling is inviting us hence my category of visa will be family. Hope it wouldnt be an issue.

Gurus in the house over to you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dewale1234(m): 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
Dearest people

Which link is used to track one's application, i don't seem to get it

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2019
giselle237:
The online tracking wont change until you get despatched mail from ukvi.. sorry. a bit more patience.. Did Ukvi say a decision has been made?

I actually need to travel elsewhere, with the passport..that's the wahala.
Yes, I'm told a decision was made since 30th May
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lee310: 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by D1O(m): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
That's rather odd.

Below are my parents' timeline if that helps you in anyway. Even though yours was Lagos and theirs Abuja, I only post this since you've been told a decision has been made on your application since 30th May.

Biometrics done in Abuja: 16/05
TLS email saying application sent to DMC: 16/05. Online tracking also updated as such
"Application Received by DMC" ticked on portal: 17/05
Application despatched email: 8:02am Friday 07/06
Application received by TLS email: Friday 07/06
Application ready for collection email: Friday 07/06
Package handed to DHL by TLS as the folks stay in SE Nigeria: Friday 07/06.
Passports delivered by DHL: Today, Monday 10/06.

It might be worth popping round to TLS in person to ask for your passport or perhaps giving someone an LOA to go collect on your behalf? Just a sneaky feeling it's probably lying around somewhere at TLS.

I hope this helps.

All the best!

Lunm:

I actually need to travel elsewhere, with the passport..that's the wahala.
Yes, I'm told a decision was made since 30th May
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hello,

My company pays salaries in cash. This implies that my statement does not have salary payment, so outside my appointment letter, promotion letter, payslip and leave letter which other documents will assist to proof strongly that I work for that company?

Thanks for your reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2019
Oh wow.
There's really something off for mine, and I'm getting worried.
Can't even tell how many times I've refreshed my mail in one day!!

I'm going to go to Lagos then...hopefully, that's my best chance.

And yes...this helps. Thanks!

D1O:
That's rather odd.

Below are my parents' timeline if that helps you in anyway. Even though yours was Lagos and theirs Abuja, I only post this since you've been told a decision has been made on your application since 30th May.

Biometrics done in Abuja: 16/05
TLS email saying application sent to DMC: 16/05. Online tracking also updated as such
"Application Received by DMC" ticked on portal: 17/05
Application despatched email: 8:02am Friday 07/06
Application received by TLS email: Friday 07/06
Application ready for collection email: Friday 07/06
Package handed to DHL by TLS as the folks stay in SE Nigeria: Friday 07/06.
Passports delivered by DHL: Today, Monday 10/06.

It might be worth popping round to TLS in person to ask for your passport or perhaps giving someone an LOA to go collect on your behalf? Just a sneaky feeling it's probably lying around somewhere at TLS.

I hope this helps.

All the best!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amoj4682: 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
pufframmy:
CAN you help me with how u apply for the first tourist visit

document submitted

Have enough funds in your account like 800k n above which must have been in your account for 6 months. Employment letter, leave letter, hotel booking, flight booking, itenary and most importantly pray to God Almighty for favour.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ucdavid111: 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
giselle237:
15 working/business days after
Thanks and God bless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.