Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1421574 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 11, 2019
opomulero:
hello,
couple tryong to spend 640k (£1379)

breakdown
flight : 423k (£910)
accommodation hostel with breakfast : (£176)
misscellanous : (£293)

Total : £1379 for 6 days

they have account with a clossing bal of N1.77m

will this fly for uk visit visa?

i can post screenshot of account if need be.

6 days is too small.

Make it 8 days which makes sense.

Add weekly bus ticket: 20 pounds per week. So 40 pounds.

Add taxi to and fro. About 50 pounds.

Also, finally, miscellaneous is not important nor is shopping. The miscellaneous/shopping should be 60 pounds

Allow the most important budget be account for.

All this still balances to £1379
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by salsuz: 1:32am On Nov 11, 2019
@ikenna072, what documents did you submitted pls? thank you.
Ikenna072:
No. Normal visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cascas: 6:07am On Nov 11, 2019
kkman:
Mine is 16 working days after decision email.
Iam even tried.

@KKman did you use dispatch? or you used pick up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cascas: 6:12am On Nov 11, 2019
Necky101:
Good morning everyone.
I applied for UK business/tourist visa on priority basis to attend the ongoing world travel market. I Biometrics done on 18th Oct, Mail for decision taken received on 23/Oct, yet I have not received my passport nor gotten a mail from TLS.

I have called the home office and they asked that I wait for 15 working days to elapse stating that priority is not guaranteed.
Please who has had such an experience as I’m getting really worried. The conference has kicked off, I do not even have my passport and I have a trip slated for the 10th of Nov.

@Necky101 did you use dispatch?, as in did you indicate you want your passport dispatched to you?, cos most of the delays are with people who opted for the dispatch option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 6:20am On Nov 11, 2019
IamR:

Hostel accommodation for a couple? I don't think that is right.

sorry na hotel not hostel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 8:07am On Nov 11, 2019
Read @ ozymes comment from pg 133 on documents submitted for family visa application and sponsorship
eximtrade15:
Hello Guys,

Enquiry

I want to apply for UK visas for my family (spouse and kids) for the coming Christmas holiday. Please note that I will be sponsoring them, but I do not intend to go with them due to work schedule.

I have not applied for UK visa since 6 years ago, so I am afraid some of the processes and procedures may have changed since I last applied.

Please can you explain the latest requirements and steps I need to follow for the application. Also, you can point me to online resources to read up and follow.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ikenna072: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2019
Good Morning Gurus in the House.

Please I want to know if I can visit any schengen country during my 2weeks stay in UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 10:41am On Nov 11, 2019
You need to get a schengen visa
Ikenna072:
Good Morning Gurus in the House.

Please I want to know if I can visit any schengen country during my 2weeks stay in UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kodia007(m): 11:35am On Nov 11, 2019
Well done house,kindly help me on what documents one will go along with after done with submission for biometric
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Green4(m): 11:54am On Nov 11, 2019
cascas:

@Necky101 did you use dispatch?, as in did you indicate you want your passport dispatched to you?, cos most of the delays are with people who opted for the dispatch option.

Not at all but still not received any email or SMS for pickup
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cascas: 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
Green4:

Not at all but still not received any email or SMS for pickup

How long now? When did you do biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 12:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
[quote author=Ikenna072 post=83926034]Good Morning Gurus in the House.

Please I want to know if I can visit any schengen country during my 2weeks stay in UK?[/quote

No.
You just need to apply for a Schengen Visa and if approved you can visit.]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ikenna072: 12:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
ozymes:
You need to get a schengen visa
OK thanks. What are the requirements applying from UK to schengen?
Secondly, can I go back to Nigeria from there without going through UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ikenna072: 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
[quote author=josiahese post=83929413][/quote]
OK thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by salsuz: 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
Good afternoon @justwise,
please can i use UK visa to visit Ireland?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
salsuz:

Northern Ireland but not Ireland

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
salsuz:

No.
Ireland has their own Immigration system.
But if you have a UK Visa, it's a stone throw to Ireland.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
Hello Gurus in the house,

So my brother has leave to remain in the UK when he had a child with a girl in the UK. He’s not in a relationship with the girl but he’s playing his father role for his son.

Now he visited Nigeria and married another lady. The question is, can the lady apply as a dependent on him to go to UK.

She was going to apply as a visitor and declare to be married but I told them if they find out she’s married to my brother who’s in the UK they might think she’s going to reunite with him and not come back, hence affect the decision.

Is it better to apply as a visitor or apply as a dependent on him

My brother works with the NHS and earns about £21k annually
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Necky101: 3:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
Not dispatch. Pick up. To think that I paid for priority visa service and have additionally wasted money calling home office. It’s 14 working days already since decision email was received. The fact that there’s no forum/medium to petition this organization makes the situation feel all the more helpless.
cascas:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Green4(m): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
[quote author=cascas post=83928495]

How long now? When did you do biometrics?[/quotes

16th September and got the concluded SMS on 7th oct
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
salsuz:

Yes you can but research more on that to be certain
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
salsuz:

You cannot use UK Visa to travel to Ireland. They are two different countries. Ireland is part of the Schengen States.
However, you can travel to Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. You will not not need your passport/visa to travel from London - Belfast. Just jump on the train or drive if you wish.

If you already have a UK visa and want tot visit Ireland, better apply for a visa. Good chances that you will be given and you can use that visa to travel all countries within EU
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
Hello guys. In October, was refused a visit visa. But I was not satisfied by the decision as I felt I had a strong application and that the officer did not coheck all 50 documents I provided. I planned to reapply this month.

Although I had no rights of appeal, i did send them a complaint detailing how I believe my application was not properly checked.
At first, they replied to me that they were not the correct channel for complaints.
I didn't have their time since and about 15 days later, which is today, I mailed them again demanding for an explanation / review of the presiding officer's judgement on my visa.

7 hours later, they mailed me that ''my visa decision has been overturned and that I should submit my passport for the new decision ''Please note that your visa decision has been overturned.

Please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre with a copy of this e-mail.

Once we have confirmation that the passports have been received, we will send out a new decision to be endorsed on your passport.''

Has anyone ever experienced an overturn of refusal decision? Does that mean my visa will now be granted?

I am going to submit my passport tomorrow to them.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
omopapa:
Hello Gurus in the house,

So my brother has leave to remain in the UK when he had a child with a girl in the UK. He’s not in a relationship with the girl but he’s playing his father role for his son.

Now he visited Nigeria and married another lady. The question is, can the lady apply as a dependent on him to go to UK.

She was going to apply as a visitor and declare to be married but I told them if they find out she’s married to my brother who’s in the UK they might think she’s going to reunite with him and not come back, hence affect the decision.

Is it better to apply as a visitor or apply as a dependent on him

My brother works with the NHS and earns about £21k annually

It depends on what bases your brother got his leave to remain. If he is a student, there is a possibility for his wife to join him as a dependent as long they meet the conditions.

If he got his LR based on his child - Human right law, he cannot bring in a dependent until he gets his ILR.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Silas12345: 6:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
Please I need someone to help me on how I will write letter into my application that I have travelled to dubai before in march and that I'm a student, and my brother is my sponsor

Please help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
Skrskr:
Hello guys. In October, was refused a visit visa. But I was not satisfied by the decision as I felt I had a strong application and that the officer did not coheck all 50 documents I provided. I planned to reapply this month.

Although I had no rights of appeal, i did send them a complaint detailing how I believe my application was not properly checked.
At first, they replied to me that they were not the correct channel for complaints.
I didn't have their time since and about 15 days later, which is today, I mailed them again demanding for an explanation / review of the presiding officer's judgement on my visa.

7 hours later, they mailed me that ''my visa decision has been overturned and that I should submit my passport for the new decision ''Please note that your visa decision has been overturned.

Please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre with a copy of this e-mail.

Once we have confirmation that the passports have been received, we will send out a new decision to be endorsed on your passport.''

Has anyone ever experienced an overturn of refusal decision? Does that mean my visa will now be granted?

Thanks
Yes, your visa will be granted. Congratulations in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Janechinem: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
Skrskr:

Thanks

Please which email address did you sent your complaint today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
He got it based on his child what would be the best option then

Broadenyourhori:

It depends on what bases your brother got his leave to remain. If he is a student, there is a possibility for his wife to join him as a dependent as long they meet the conditions.

If he got his LR based on his child - Human right law, he cannot bring in a dependent until he gets his ILR.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
Broadenyourhori:

You cannot use UK Visa to travel to Ireland. They are two different countries. Ireland is part of the Schengen States.
However, you can travel to Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. You will not not need your passport/visa to travel from London - Belfast. Just jump on the train or drive if you wish.

If you already have a UK visa and want tot visit Ireland, better apply for a visa. Good chances that you will be given and you can use that visa to travel all countries within EU

So when he gets to the border what happens with no form of identification?

To be clear my answer is referring to northern Ireland.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
Janechinem:

Please which email address did you sent your complaint today?

To be honest, i am not sure which one worked, i just bombed them from all angles.

complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
publicenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

I also used their paid email service which cost about 5£

Check these links as well https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure#how-to-complain
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y

But I had good grounds to complain/believe the refusal didn't take my application or proof into consideration and they really made errors.

From all indication, they might be granting me the visa but i dont trust those people, they are also humans and from the looks of things, their defaukt settings is to deny a visa... Those same channels informed me that they were not the right place to complain but i kept following up and luckily, they overturned the decision. All the best to everyone.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lordcrixus: 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
Broadenyourhori:

You cannot use UK Visa to travel to Ireland. They are two different countries. [/b]Ireland is part of the Schengen States.[b]

If you already have a UK visa and want tot visit Ireland, better apply for a visa. Good chances that you will be given and [/b]you can use that visa to travel all countries within EU
[b]

The bolded statements are false, Republic of Ireland is not part of Schengen states and it’s not possible to travel all countries within the EU with an Irish tourist visa.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
Good evening all. Can one change appointment location? Like one chose Abuja and now wants to use Lagos? Please it's urgent. God bless you all for your timely contributions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.