Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1437376 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dotunfelix1: 5:33am On Nov 19, 2019
Thank you all for the advice
oak202:

From experience, i got my UK visa last year without traveling experience and my colleague got his own this year October without traveling experience

I think the number of days is too much, 5 days is okay with a budget of 1,300 pounds .
Secondly, proving additional sources of income is important also apart from your main job because the ECO has issue with the acct balance. Sometimes do not limit yourself to 6 months statement if your opening balance is huge.

In proving your ties to your home country, you have to submit every available documents that you have like marriage certificate, children school fees receipt , land document ( i submitted Omo onile receipt) , birth certificates of children etc

I will advise you not to reapply immediately but you can try traveling to other countries before reapplying like someone suggested.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 7:37am On Nov 19, 2019
Candybright:
pay for only walk in for all of you. Enter same time as family. Same same

thanks,
please what time range is the walk in?

will i pay it after application fee online or i will pay at the center woth my card?

how much is the walk in fee?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Deknight45: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2019
I NOTICED HIGH RATE OF VISA REFUSAL ON THIS PLATFORM THESE DAYS. THE REASON AS I CAN OBSERVED IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT MOST OF RECENT APPLICANT DO NOT TAKE THE PAIN TO READ THROUGH THIS THREAD FROM THE BEGINNING,GIVING THEM THE MUCH NEEDED EXPERIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING THE NORMS.
PLEASE WE WANT TO START CELEBRATING SUCCESS AS WE USE TO DO. MY WIFE AND I READ THROUGH AS A FIRST TIMER, APPLIED AND GRANTED. I SHARED THE VISA HERE. PLEASE, DON'T BE TOO IN A HURRY TO APPLY. LET'S STOP WASTING OUR HARD EARN MONEY. THIS GUYS ARE HAPPY AT OUR OWN DETRIMENTS. LET'S DO THE TIME.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 9:00am On Nov 19, 2019
[quote author=oak202 post=84039344][/quote]
You meant you got your first visa in 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kolajoo(m): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2019
Please someone should come to my rescue. I applied through an agent and I submitted in Abuja on 4th October and received decision mail on 22nd. Till now, I haven’t get my passport back and my agent keeps telling me the passport is not ready yet ready but I don’t believed him anymore because he used his own email to booked my appointment and it difficult for me to track application my self. Please, is there anyway or anyhow I can know the status my self. I have the booking confirmation appointment with me.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 9:34am On Nov 19, 2019
If you have your application number, you can call the UKVI helpline.
kolajoo:
Please someone should come to my rescue. I applied through an agent and I submitted in Abuja on 4th October and received decision mail on 22nd. Till now, I haven’t get my passport back and my agent keeps telling me the passport is not ready yet but I don’t believed him anymore because he used his own email to booked my appointment and it difficult for me to track application my self. Please, is there anyway or anyhow I can know the status my self. I have the confirmation booking appointment with me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sammie88(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2019
Hello all,
I applied for UK visa last year for a training for work and I was granted visa. I traveled for the course and got back then traveled few months to the UK again on holidays before the VISA got expired. I was in Finland this same year for a short training, then got a Turkish visa as I traveled though Turkey. I have done 2 west African countries after I got back from Finland/Turkey.
Now I am applying for 2years UK VISA and I dont know if its a good idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2019
Deknight45:
I NOTICED HIGH RATE OF VISA REFUSAL ON THIS PLATFORM THESE DAYS. THE REASON AS I CAN OBSERVED IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT MOST OF RECENT APPLICANT DO NOT TAKE THE PAIN TO READ THROUGH THIS THREAD FROM THE BEGINNING,GIVING THEM THE MUCH NEEDED EXPERIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING THE NORMS.
PLEASE WE WANT TO START CELEBRATING SUCCESS AS WE USE TO DO. MY WIFE AND I READ THROUGH AS A FIRST TIMER, APPLIED AND GRANTED. I SHARED THE VISA HERE. PLEASE, DON'T BE TOO IN A HURRY TO APPLY. LET'S STOP WASTING OUR HARD EARN MONEY. THIS GUYS ARE HAPPY AT OUR OWN DETRIMENTS. LET'S DO THE TIME.
Is it not this same forum that has been hijacked by a group of caucus? To the extent that if you don't mention them, they won't respond to your concerns. What they do is selective responses, they choose what to and what not to respond to. Read the thread and see so many questions unattended to. When people that asked such questions apply for visa and are denied, someone like you who might have gotten visa by chance will come and shout that don't/didn't read the thread. That your visa was approved doesn't make you a better person than anyone else. Congrats on your visa all the same. So many wrong things to be addressed on this thread.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2019
You are good to go
Sammie88:
Hello all,
I applied for UK visa last year for a training for work and I was granted visa. I traveled for the course and got back then traveled few months to the UK again on holidays before the VISA got expired. I was in Finland this same year for a short training, then got a Turkish visa as I traveled though Turkey. I have done 2 west African countries after I got back from Finland/Turkey.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kolajoo(m): 10:10am On Nov 19, 2019
ozymes:
If you have your application number, you can call the UKVI helpline.
I just emailed and I paid

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fk1987: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2019
kolajoo:
Please someone should come to my rescue. I applied through an agent and I submitted in Abuja on 4th October and received decision mail on 22nd. Till now, I haven’t get my passport back and my agent keeps telling me the passport is not ready yet but I don’t believed him anymore because he used his own email to booked my appointment and it difficult for me to track application my self. Please, is there anyway or anyhow I can know the status my self. I have the confirmation booking appointment with me.
Have exactly same issue, did biometric on same 4th October at abj, up till now haven't gotten any feedback from my agent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by life4real8691: 10:18am On Nov 19, 2019
Good morning nairalanders.
I had a refusal sometime in August this year and just wondering if it is a wise move to reapply now. Please advise

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2019
Sorry.
What is ur salary?
life4real8691:
I had a refusal sometime in August this year and just wondering if it is a wise move to reapply now. Please advise

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kolajoo(m): 10:27am On Nov 19, 2019
Fk1987:
Have exactly same issue, did biometric on same 4th October at abj, up till now haven't gotten any feedback from my agent.
I just need my passport and I don’t care about UK visa anymore. I need my passport to travel to other place and it costing me now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:28am On Nov 19, 2019
It doesn’t matter. U can apply. Just make sure there are still strong ties between you and Nigeria, and then dont mumble up the finances.
Then if u wanted to know, yes they do deny uk visas even after getting a prior one so dont be lackadaisical about any step on your application form.
Sammie88:
Hello all,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2019
If you didn’t mention this agent thing.
I might have had an idea but do keep it in mind that it’s normal for the long wait... just go and follow ur agent bumper to bumper bcus if its collection time it is d email u supplied that the msg will be sent to.
kolajoo:
I just need my passport and I don’t care about UK visa anymore. I need my passport to travel to other place and it costing me now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2019
giselle237:
Sorry.
What is ur salary?
Salary is in the refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:35am On Nov 19, 2019
LOL! Such words for people that come on here free of charge to answer people’s questions despite their schedules. Has anyone on this thread collected a dime from you?
I ask you my dear brother, is this paid service?
Since I have been on this thread, people keep giving and giving. Are they ECOS?
U say things shud be addressed on the thread... then address it.
Most readers here, when they see someone has had his question answered in a way that they prolly wud have also answered nobody goes back to keep flogging on the issue... oga abeg na free work u hear smileyI have a 9-5 . Nairaland is not my office

dilodavid:
Is it not this same forum that has been hijacked by a group of caucus? To the extent that if you don't mention them, they won't respond to your concerns. What they do is selective responses, they choose what to and what not to respond to. Read the thread and see so many questions unattended to. When people that asked such questions apply for visa and are denied, someone like you who might have gotten visa by chance will come and shout that don't/didn't read the thread. That your visa was approved doesn't make you a better person than anyone else. Congrats on your visa all the same. So many wrong things to be addressed on this thread.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kolajoo(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2019
giselle237:
If you didn’t mention this agent thing.
I might have had an idea but do keep it in mind that it’s normal for the long wait... just go and follow ur agent bumper to bumper bcus if its collection time it is d email u supplied that the msg will be sent to.
Exactly my worries and it reason why I don’t trust the agent anymore because I don’t have access to the email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by life4real8691: 10:38am On Nov 19, 2019
giselle237:
Sorry.
What is ur salary?

279k monthly
189k disposable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2019
Ur salary is 279k according to the letter. Maintenance income is 90k... according to how u filled ur form
Leaving u with DISPOSABLE INCOME of 189k
189k x2 is 378k
Ur planned budget was 500k...
this is the issue in ur refusal letter
U planned to spend almost 3 times ur salary. The ECO doesn't want that... ur case is not an isolated case... this is one of the 5 main reasons of UK visa application refusals
Reduce ur trip to 7 days and reduce the 90k well. Then take time to save up enough in ur account and reduce ur spending abilities so tht it tallies say u put monthly expenses as 50k

Then finally re establish all ur home ties. If u need further help. Ask pls
life4real8691:

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:42am On Nov 19, 2019
Why will u follow agent? Something you can do urself. Someone has suggested. Call UKVI.
Have money in ur master or visa card and call dem if u have ur GWF number. They will give u timely information.
kolajoo:
Exactly my worries and it reason why I don’t trust the agent anymore because I don’t have access to the email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 19, 2019
giselle237:
LOL! Such words for people that come on here free of charge to answer people’s questions despite their schedules. Has anyone on this thread collected a dime from you?
I ask you my dear brother, is this paid service?
Since I have been on this thread, people keep giving and giving. Are they ECOS?
U say things shud be addressed on the thread... then address it.
Most readers here, when they see someone has had his question answered in a way that they prolly wud have also answered nobody goes back to keep flogging on the issue... oga abeg na free work u hear smileyI have a 9-5 . Nairaland is not my office

Were you told you would be paid for responding to questions on here before you decided to become a member? So, expect nothing in return. I stated my observations on the thread thus far.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by life4real8691: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2019
It is now almost 3 months since last refusal, can I reapply and reduce the number of days and budget for the trip. Hoping to visit over xmas to witness a likely white xmas.
giselle237:
Ur salary is 279k according to the letter. Maintenance income is 90k... according to how u filled ur form
Leaving u with DISPOSABLE INCOME of 189k
189k x2 is 378k
Ur planned budget was 500k...
this is the issue in ur refusal letter
U planned to spend almost 3 times ur salary. The ECO doesn't want that... ur case is not an isolated case... this is one of the 5 main reasons of UK visa application refusals
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:46am On Nov 19, 2019
Mbanu I knew it is for free. That is why like I said earlier do not be asking for anyone’s elbow when they have offered you a handshake..... most especially when you did not pay them for it.. its not a right.
Lets all be grateful to one another and move on. Blessings
dilodavid:
Were you told you would be paid for responding to questions on here before you decided to become a member? So, expect nothing in return. I stated my observations on the thread thus far.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2019
For me sha, theres no hurry. others might say otherwise ...
U can run through your account first. .. meaning how was the present sum accumulated, what would be left when ur trip amount is subtracted and then if u have any dependents.

life4real8691:
It is now almost 3 months since last refusal, can I reapply and reduce the number of days and budget for the trip. Hoping to visit over xmas to witness a likely white xmas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 19, 2019
giselle237:
Mbanu I knew it is for free. That is why like I said earlier do not be asking for anyone’s elbow when they have offered you a handshake..... most especially when you did not pay them for it.. its not a right.
Lets all be grateful to one another and move on. Blessings
I'm very sure I have been able to drive home my points. Blessings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:56am On Nov 19, 2019
@dilodavid are u having any issues with ur application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2019
giselle237:
@dilodavid are u having any issues with ur application?
Not really, just that I don't understand why I would have to pay to get appointment date, especially at Ikeja centre after my visa fee has been paid. Is this a new development that has come to stay or is it because of the period we are in?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sammie88(m): 11:07am On Nov 19, 2019
Ok thanks.

Got letter from work and documentation for Gift of Deeds for a Property transferred to me.

giselle237:
It doesn’t matter. U can apply. Just make sure there are still strong ties between you and Nigeria, and then dont mumble up the finances.
Then if u wanted to know, yes they do deny uk visas even after getting a prior one so dont be lackadaisical about any step on your application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:11am On Nov 19, 2019
Is everyone going to ikeja paying the fee? Or its just you?
Is it flexi or prime time or what appointment?
dilodavid:
Not really, just that I don't understand why I would have to pay to get appointment date, especially at Ikeja centre after my visa fee has been paid. Is this a new development that has come to stay or is it because of the period we are in?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2019
giselle237:
Is everyone going to ikeja paying the fee? Or its just you?
Is it flexi or prime time or what appointment?
From all indications, everyone who chooses Ikeja is mandated to use prime time appointment irrespective of the chosen date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.