Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1437497 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horlaidey007: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
Enick:
Thanks for your swift and sincere reply.
What the alternative ways of having the visa officer acknowledge an additional source of income?
In fairness, i get so much from that business.

Your side business does not have to be registered as long as you have a full-time job. however, you need a receipt as a supporting document that you give your client. (This should be in line with payment in your account statement) I also did the same and I was given the visa without no one sending invites to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
@Dolorsa and everyone.

Note that Oyster ticket is only used for London. If you intend to stay outside London dont write Oyster as I have written in the write-up. Instead just write "weekly bus ticket"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
please dont stop responding o, cos i like you and you are a nice person.
Suuz:

Most times, people don’t respond to certain questions if they are not mentioned because they don’t want issues, if you read like 10 pages back, you would see how a lady took it upon herself to insult me after I politely answered her questions but since my answer wasn’t what she wanted to hear, she started arguing with me and went as far as saying she didn’t ask me in the first place, because of that scenario, I have stopped responding to anyone’s questions, I just read and move along because I don’t want issues. In other words, people rather respond to questions directed at them because they don’t want issues, if they also think the question has been responded to over and over again previously and people are just too busy to respond to every question most of the time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tasho105(m): 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
1. 510k
4. 5 days but ended up staying 2 wks
quote author=dilodavid post=84195785]What was your budget, salary, monthly expenses and trip duration when you made your first application?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zi: 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2019
Pls can someone help me get through the first steps to getting a tier-2 visa in the UK. The deadline is January 2020. And my occupation has been listed as shortage occupation skill.

Pls what do I need and where do I start?
Do I need a job in the uk?
Do I need a recruitment agent?
Do I need a work permit?
Pls how can I start?

Help me or direct me to where I can find help please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
1blessing:
please dont stop responding o, cos i like you and you are a nice person.

grin my Nairaland friend! No problem, I won’t stop. Have you applied for your visa yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zi: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
Suuz:

grin my Nairaland friend! No problem, I won’t stop. Have you applied for your visa yet?
Pls can you respond to my question above? Please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2019
tasho105:
1. 510k
4. 5 days but ended up staying 2 wks
quote author=dilodavid post=84195785]What was your budget, salary, monthly expenses and trip duration when you made your first application?
Your budget cost was less than twice your monthly disposable income which was quite ok and visa was ultimately approved. You will have to explain in your new application why you spent more than the stated number of days you intended to stay. You know why? They have records of your previous application. Once that is convincingly done, your new application should fly. Best of luck. You can use same budget.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 2:23pm On Nov 20, 2019
adelforreal:
Good day guys,

I intend applying for uk tourist visa and would like to know my chances. Pls see my profile below:

Thanks
Your profile is good. Don't just spend more than 2months your disposable income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2019
DMainMan:

Yes. The salary payment in the 4 months pays lip should reflect in the 4 months bank statement too.

Dont forget to include employment letter. And also collect letter from employer stating your intent of travel showing date of travel and date of coming back to Nigeria. It should be same as written in your visa application. This will serve as home ties.

Also your wife should write a consent letter that she is aware you are travelling alone to UK that she fully supports it. Also she should include the day you are travelling to UK and the day your are coming back to Nigeria as written in your visa application. This will also serve as home ties. Including your family pictures, marriage certificate and land, car or property documents will also serve as home ties.

Good luck.
Your write-up has been very useful to me, I must say. I will have to get my wife to write a consent letter as you have said. I don't have any property yet and I hope it won't count against me.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horlaidey007: 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
Dolorsa:
Your write-up has been very useful to me, I must say. I will have to get my wife to write a consent letter as you have said. I don't have any property yet and I hope it won't count against me.

letter from your wife is nor mandatory at all. A letter from your place of work is very important. I did not get a letter from my hubby and I was given my visa but I included pictures of our wedding and a few outing occasion we snap together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horlaidey007: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
Zi:
Pls can someone help me get through the first steps to getting a tier-2 visa in the UK. The deadline is January 2020. And my occupation has been listed as shortage occupation skill.

Do I need a job in the uk?
Do I need a work permit?
Pls how can I start?

Help me or direct me to where I can find help please.

please share the occupation in-demand list. and what is the criteria to be eligible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2019
Dolorsa:

It wont. Your wife consent letter, family pictures and the letter of employment indicating your travel is sufficient as proof for home ties.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zi: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
Horlaidey007:

please share the occupation in-demand list. and what is the criteria to be eligible

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-k-shortage-occupation-list

Please what is the application process?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by makforex(m): 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks.
dilodavid:
47,549.49NGN
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
DMainMan:

It wont. Your wife consent letter, family pictures and the letter of employment indicating your travel is sufficient as proof for home ties.
I appreciate. I'm grateful to everyone who took out time to respond to my concerns.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by PucciGuru(m): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hello Guys,

Nice thread..Please I need your sincere advice.

I have resigned from Bleep and I work for myself now..I have paid myself salaries like 3times and I want to visit the U.K. I have some savings of like 2MM.

How do I present my case for me to be approved.

Please assist

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horlaidey007: 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
Zi:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-k-shortage-occupation-list

Please what is the application process?

A friend just said it is fake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horlaidey007: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2019
Is your business a registered one? you have to demonstrate your means of income to enable pay yourself.

PucciGuru:
Hello Guys,

I have resigned from banking and I work for myself now..I have paid myself salaries like 3times and I want to visit the U.K. I have some savings of like 2MM.

Please assist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2019
Good afternoon guys. Could someone be kind enough to point me to where I can get cheap flights quotes/itinerary for my application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2019
Adex2066:
Good afternoon guys. Could someone be kind enough to point me to where I can get cheap flights quotes/itinerary for my application. Thanks
Use wakanow.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
APPROVED grin grin

Submitted 14th October
Biometrics 30th October
Application received 30th October
Passport ready for collection 20th November
No conclusion mail.
Praise GOD with me.

After submission, I picked 30th Oct for biometrics not because there wasn't date but because that's when my spouse will be available as we were to apply together.
All the while, I didn't know I put monthly income where they asked for yearly income lipsrsealed until the day we finished biometric shocked village people cry
I came here to ask for any remedy to that.
I immediately mailed them, paid about 2k plus with my card. The responded same day and said nothing can be done about it. Arhhhh
I resorted to prayer as there was nothing I could do. I also had hope and believed that they must have seen people with such mistakes in the past and maybe whoever that responded to my mail can help me update since the bank statement even though not salary based but about that stated amount enters at different intervals from company to personal account. 1M was deposited a day before printing, to personal account just so there will be balnace even though the account is very very active but we don't keep savings there. More like deposit, exhaust, deposit again.

Documents Submitted
Sponsor: self employed
Me: unemployed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Documents submitted

Company bank statement
Personal bank statement
CAC. I didn't put tax though
Marriage certificate
Kids passport data page
Kids birth cert, some are Nigerian citizens, some U.S citizens.
School fees receipt
Family pictures
Flight booking unpaid
Hotel booking unpaid
Introduction letter with cost breakdown, 2pages only
CofO
Sponsorship letter, 1page
I didn't put my Nigeria accommodation evidence.
I paid only #44,530 X2

I'm happy all my reading didn't waste. Thank GOD

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2019
PucciGuru:
Hello Guys,

I have resigned from banking and I work for myself now..I have paid myself salaries like 3times and I want to visit the U.K. I have some savings of like 2MM.

Please assist
You can make use of 3 months bank statement for your visa application. It's better to make use of a concise 3 months bank statement than to submit 6 months bank statement with inconsistent transactions that might lead to refusal. I hope you understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2019
Candybright:
APPROVED grin grin

Submitted 14th October
Biometrics 30th October
Application received 30th October
Passport ready for collection 20th November
No conclusion mail.
Praise GOD with me.

After submission, I picked 30th Oct for biometrics not because there wasn't date but because that's when my spouse will be available as we were to apply together.
All the while, I didn't know I put monthly income where they asked for yearly income lipsrsealed until the day we finished biometric shocked village people cry
I came here to ask for any remedy to that.
I immediately mailed them, paid about 2k plus with my card. The responded same day and said nothing can be done about it. Arhhhh
I resorted to prayer as there was nothing I could do. I also had hope and believed that they must have seen people with such mistakes in the past and maybe whoever that responded to my mail can help me update since the bank statement even though not salary based but about that stated amount enters at different intervals from company to personal account. 1M was deposited a day before printing, to personal account just so there will be balnace even though the account is very very active but we don't keep savings there. More like deposit, exhaust, deposit again.

Documents Submitted
Sponsor: self employed
Me: unemployed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Documents submitted

Company bank statement
Personal bank statement
CAC. I didn't put tax though
Marriage certificate
Kids passport data page
Kids birth cert, some are Nigerian citizens, some U.S citizens.
School fees receipt
Family pictures
Flight booking unpaid
Hotel booking unpaid
Introduction letter with cost breakdown, 2pages only
CofO
Sponsorship letter, 1page
I didn't put my Nigeria accommodation evidence.
I paid only #44,530 X2

I'm happy all my reading didn't waste. Thank GOD

Congrats o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by PucciGuru(m): 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
Horlaidey007:
Is your business a registered one? you have to demonstrate your means of income to enable pay yourself.

It is but transfers are done into the account from my personal account because that’s what I have been using for business before I opened the company account .. So using the company bank account might not convince the VO..what do you think I should do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
[quote author=Horlaidey007 post=84206515]

A friend just said it is fake.[/quote

A friend said its fake instead of you to visit the website and confirm it yourself.

For your information, it is real

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by PucciGuru(m): 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
dilodavid:
You can make use of 3 months bank statement for your visa application. It's better to make use of a concise 3 months bank statement than to submit 6 months bank statement with inconsistent transactions that might lead to refusal. I hope you understand.

Okay so good..I don’t know I can do 3months too ..but what of the letters from the company to myself .. appointment letter ,confirmation letter etc..how do I present my case ..is it from a business owner perspective or a person paid salary earner as a GM of my company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
PucciGuru:

Okay so good..I don’t know I can do 3months too ..but what of the letters from the company to myself .. appointment letter ,confirmation letter etc..how do I present my case ..is it from a business owner perspective or a person paid salary earner as a GM of my company?
I don't really know much about self employment when it comes to visa processing. I believe those who have an idea will guide you accordingly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Has anyone in the house cancelled his/her UK visa application for refund before?

Please how long does it take
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ashirioluwa:
Has anyone in the house cancelled his/her UK visa application for refund before?

Please how long does it take
Max 90 days. You will get your money back into your account. You wanna cancel cos of the non availability of free appointment dates?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zi: 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2019
Horlaidey007:

A friend just said it is fake.

How can www.gov.uk publication be fake?

Also I read this page from workpermit.
Hmmmmm

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zi: 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2019

Do I need a job in the uk or do I do a skill assessment?
What is the process?
Do I need a work permit?
Pls how can I start?

Help me or direct me to where I can find help please

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.