Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1433584 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mashaunola: 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
Good afternoon Everyone.

Thank you so much for your help on this platform.

Please, I intend to travel to the UK with my mother. My mother has been issued a Visa already but I am yet to apply because of the delay in receiving my passport. Now my passport has been issued.

My question is that I want to state that I will spend 2 weeks in the UK based on the recommendation of other users on this platform for an applicant that has not been issued a visa before but my concern is that my mother stated that she intends to spend 3 weeks and will be travelling with me when she applied for her visa.
Now I am concerned that the ECO will wonder why we are both travelling together but we are returning back to Nigeria on separate dates.

Please is it safe to state the 3 weeks to correspond with my mother's application?

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
miqos02:
Please can a good Samaritan share a cover letter format?

If I am doing biometric in Lagos, do I address the letter to Lagos or Abuja?

Address it to their Lagos embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MadameW: 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
I usually submit a cover letter but I’ve never stated my budget breakdown in the letter.

seyisanya:
Good day all. Awesome breakdown. For those who have been following this thread from part 1 or a bit later, has anyone been issued visa without including a cover later and a breakdown of their budget? Thanks a great deal for your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seynex01: 5:17pm On Jun 26, 2019
Good Day all the awesome people on this thread

Is 350k good enough as opening balance?

I will like to know what an ideal opening balance should be.
Thanks

Cc: giselle237, justwise and other gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by labiowo: 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
Monmarri:

As regard your refusal there are some unexplainable money that comes to your account which is not relating to your salary. U did not explain the money to them that was why u were denied. Next application u will have to explain to the ECO all the credits u did not declare with proof. Check the statement of account and sort out all the big money and know how it came in and explain.

There is no money bigger than my monthly salary in my bank statement and I explained the sources in the cover letter with payslip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2019
badboy92:

Hi Sir,
Thanks for this advice,
I have canceled my hotel booking which was far from London and opted to use Airbnb to a more central location, this has greatly reduced my accommodation and travel budget, my new budget has now reduced to 550K, and my monthly expenses are on an average 70k Per month.

Ok that’s good and it will help your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
femi4wonders:
Hello house,

I intend visiting the UK soon but I will need guidance from everybody here so as to get it right the first time.
I'm not into any paid employment because I am a PHD student in Nigeria.

List of documents I intend submitting

1.introduction letter from my university and tuition fees receipt, admission letter.

2. Marriage cert.

3. Baby's birth cert.(A year and 6 months old baby)

4. 3 property documents(a receipt of land purchase from state govt, a deed of aassignment signed by members of the family, contract of sale for a landed property purchase by me and my wife)

5. Property document of my residence and utility bill (fathers property)

6. An invitation letter, utility bill from my host in the UK and a cover letter stating that they will be responsible for my accommodation, feeding and transportation in the UK.

7. Statement of account and cover letter from my dad stating that he will be responsible for my flight and also stipend for miscellaneous and transferring the fund to my personal account.

8. My statement of acct will also show monthly stipend I collect from my dad (40k).

Please I need advice on what to include to the list of doc.

@ justwise

Your list are ok but your host needs to provide evidence of the accommodation available for you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
Nielbaba:
thank you , can you help me with details of where and who to address my cover letter to?

{Who}

The date on top
The UK Embassy address in your state where u will submit
Subject : Cover letter for visiting visa
Name, date of birth, nationality . Passport number.

{Where} you will have to upload the cover letter with your other documents. Make sure you type in Microsoft word. Find attached sample.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
Seynex01:

Thanks

What is your closing balance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
labiowo:

There is no money bigger than my monthly salary in my bank statement and I explained the sources in the cover letter with payslip

Hmmm! Something is then wrong some where. Just check again the statement of account you submitted. The ECO might have seen something in it that he is not satisfied with your personal and financial circumstances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2019
It’s okay. However please let the accumulation of your funds be determinable and provable.. also no lump sum or funny closing balance
Seynex01:

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
You explained the sources ,was there also proof of these sources like receipts or documents to further concretize your explanation?
labiowo:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seynex01: 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2019
I have1.2m as my closing balance
justwise:

What is your closing balance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
Seynex01:

That's should be fine. What's your budget break down?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hacuttie: 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2019
Experts in the house, today makes it 60 days after biometrics. No decision mail from UKVI and no update from TLS. Response to mail confirmed the application is with them. Has this happened to anyone before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hacuttie:
Experts in the house, today makes it 60 days after biometrics. No decision mail from UKVI and no update from TLS. Response to mail confirmed the application is with them. Has this happened to anyone before
Why not request for your passport back?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Jun 26, 2019
Seynex01:

Most important thing is the closing balance and to support the source of that money

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hacuttie:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
Contact source please . No one here can tell you the problem
Hacuttie:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by labiowo: 5:00am On Jun 27, 2019
Monmarri:

Hmmm! Something is then wrong some where. Just check again the statement of account you submitted. The ECO might have seen something in it that he is not satisfied with your personal and financial circumstances

Thanks I really appreciate your contribution

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Innopre983: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2019
Good morning house. Please my brother has just been refused a visitor visa to UK. He provided the Access Bank code for the application so the ECO can see the statement of account. Does it mean they don't see the statement of account with the code given to him from Access bank or what?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:31am On Jun 27, 2019
I don’t think ECO didn’t see bank statement..I think he/she saw it..... according to the refusal letter ECO said the deposits in his account doesn’t match as they were numerous ie. alleged money lodgement and that there is no proof of the origin of the funds....
also ECO said he didn’t see proof of 250k montly salary

Did he submit more than 1 bank statement?
Innopre983:
Good morning house. Please my brother has just been refused a visitor visa to UK. He provided the Access Bank code for the application so the ECO can see the statement of account. Does it mean they don't see the statement of account with the code given to him from Access bank or what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Innopre983: 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
giselle237:
I don’t think ECO didn’t see bank statement..I think he/she saw it..... according to the refusal letter ECO said the deposits in his account doesn’t match as they were numerous ie. alleged money lodgement and that there is no proof of the origin of the funds....

Thanks for your response. The account statement shows monthly deposit of 250k from the company every month. The only other money paid into his account was 2.1m which is the rent collected by his estate agent on his behalf and he provided paper evidence for it and the money was transferred from his estate agent company account. No other money comes in apart from salaries and that rent he collected. Please what can he do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seynex01: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
Alright.... Thanks
justwise:

Most important thing is the closing balance and to support the source of that money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
Innopre983:

Thanks for your response. The account statement shows monthly deposit of 250k from the company every month. The only other money paid into his account was 2.1m which is the rent collected by his estate agent on his behalf and he provided paper evidence for it and the money was transferred from his estate agent company account. No other money comes in apart from salaries and that rent he collected. Please what can he do?

Did your brother provided all the documents about his house that his estate agent paid? The ECO need to see that he is the owner of the house with all supporting documents? Is the property genuinely owned by your brother? The ECO is not satisfied with the unexplainable amount, that was the reason he was denied. In his next application he will need to explain that money and give proof that the property is owned by him. Since your brother do collect house rent and if he is the real owner of the property, in his next application let him state that he has another source of income that comes in his account yearly and provide all documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2019
giselle237:

For next application tell your brother to print out all statements of account and scan please. And the statement of account must be signed by the bank. Was the statement submitted as pdf with the code? Was the statement of account stamped and signed? U need to check pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adetoluade: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2019
MadameW:
Hi everyone, I picked up my passport this morning with my 6 months visa and thought to share my timeline.
Biometrics:31st May 2019
Application sent to DMC: same day

I didn’t get a dispatch mail from UKVI but tracked my application yesterday and saw that my passport had been returned to VAC

Collection mail from TLS: 24th June 2019
Pick up: Today

please how did you track your visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Folarinland(m): 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
Visa Timeline

Biometrics- 17/June/ 2019

Passport collection- 27/June/2019

With my 2years visa

Thanks everyone

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Siberry: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
I picked up my passport today after three weeks of biometric.

I was almost sure I wasn't gonna get my visa, because I made an unpardonable mistake on my application.

I even wrote to them to cancel my application and was told a decision had been reached already.

Was shocked to see visa approved.

THANK GOD! Lessons learnt.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
Siberry:

I was almost sure I wasn't gonna get my visa, because I made an unpardonable mistake on my application.

I even wrote to them my cancel my application and was atold a decision had been reached already.

Lucky you, congratulations

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
Siberry:

I even wrote to them my cancel my application and was atold a decision had been reached already.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by miqos02(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
Monmarri:

For next application tell your brother[b] to print out all statements of account and scan please[/b]. And the statement of account must be signed by the bank. Was the statement submitted as pdf with the code? Was the statement of account stamped and signed? U need to check pls.
Noted

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.