Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:36 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1421726 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
yinkay007:
please my brother was reapplying after a refusal but the section that said have you been denied visa before he selected No and have submitted . Please how can he make changes to this before going for Biometrics

He must not go for biometric cuz it’s an automatic refusal for false info, cancel the form and fill another one. It’s not worth to risk it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Williegh: 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
bigbus:

It is not compulsory. But if you are going for vacation, it is highly recommended, going by people's experiences and the text of several refusal letters.
Yh. It's for vacation of 7days just to tour the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gracious13: 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2020
bigbus:

One option is for him to cancel, and start a new application all over again. The refund for the first application will take some time to come though.

Is it only UK refusal? ... I mean should we include those refusals for other countries? Or just for Uk??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by missnigeria: 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2020
bigbus:

Do you already have a visa that will allow you to work in the UK?

No I don't have a Visa that would allow me to work in the UK. I'm actually trying to see if I could get a sponsorship from a UK employer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigbus: 11:41pm On Feb 08, 2020
Gracious13:

Is it only UK refusal? ... I mean should we include those refusals for other countries? Or just for Uk??

Yes. All refusals. If you have the date (approximate) and the reason, better. You will need to include when and what happened. Just be simple and straightforward about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigbus: 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
missnigeria:

No I don't have a Visa that would allow me to work in the UK. I'm actually trying to see if I could get a sponsorship from a UK employer
Best you go through the thread from the beginning. (Or at least from Jan 2019.) You will be able to glean a lot of insights.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gracious13: 12:55am On Feb 09, 2020
bigbus:

Yes. All refusals. If you have the date (approximate) and the reason, better. You will need to include when and what happened. Just be simple and straightforward about it.

I appreciate

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by yinkay007: 11:22am On Feb 09, 2020
Thanks then. Hope they will refund the application feee and also the appintment fees cos he has paid for everything earlier
Darvick:

He must not go for biometric cuz it’s an automatic refusal for false info, cancel the form and fill another one. It’s not worth to risk it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beautyx5: 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
Hi everyone,

Good evening. Please I need your help. I want to apply for a Visa with my husband to visit the UK for about 7 days for vacation.

I observed that the Visa form does not allow for joint applications (family applications). I have read through as much as I can to see if I can find a page where people in my situation have provided feedback but I am not yet successful. Maybe I am not searching well. However my request goes thus:

1. Can anyone please point me out to a section on this forum that addresses couples application for Visa?
2. I have a good paying job but my husband will be the one sponsoring this trip. My current accounts dont have more than 50k in them at the moment because I have moved funds around to help cater for the home however, I have about 1.5M in my MMF. I dont want to make any sudden bulk transfers and my travel date is in the 1st week of April. Is this okay since my husbands accounts is sufficient to take care of both of us on this trip?
3. How can I reference my husband's application? should my itinerary be for one person or for the both of us?
4. Will I need to provide the same documents as my husband? i.e Landed properties, tax clearance e.t.c for both of us or just his?
5. In my home, I do most of the caretaking with about 60% of my funds while my husband takes care of much larger expenses. This is our agreement in running the home. It would look like most my funds are disposable income; does anyone have an idea on how I can sell this to the ECO?
6. I would appreciate useful nuggets that can be included in my application letter to increase my chances of getting a visa.

Thanks for your feedback and help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ayomiposi2020: 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
Hello everyone , I will like to ask if i can reapply immeditely after visa application cancellation. I was about to pay for my TLS appointment fee before noticing I inputed the wrong intended arrival and departure date on my UK visa form, and I read on the uk site that the only way to correct a mistake is to cancel my application and reapply. My Question is, Will I be able to reapply immediately or do I need to wait for another a while before commencing a new application, also is it possible to write a letter stating my mistake and submit my application like that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
You will be able to reapply immediately after cancelling.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gal90: 8:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
Hi all,

Please I need advise on how to apply for my mum-in law.

First application successful. and was given 6months visa. She left a week to the visa expiration date.

Second application refused because she stated she was going to stay 3 weeks in her first application but stay about 5 months

Third application refused for the previous reason again and we said she had £1k available for her travel but did not provide evidence of this.

My questions are
how do we make a successful application for her.

Can we make a 2 year visit visa application or 6 months again?

All advice is welcomed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2020
gal90:
Hi all,

First application successful. and was given 6months visa. She left a week to the visa expiration date.

Second application refused because she stated she was going to stay 3 weeks in her first application but stay about 5 months

Third application refused for the previous reason again and we said she had £1k available for her travel but did not provide evidence of this.

My questions are

All advice is welcomed.

Just imagine you stayed 5months of 6months visit visa, what does that tell you? People always mislead you that you can stay as long as your visa valid, that’s wrong.

Home Office is now aware that old people stay in UK longer to become child minder and use public service like NHS for treatment.

The only time you get away with long stay is if you told them you staying for long and the reason is genuine and you granted. Not I’m gonna stay for 2weeks and stay 5months. This long stay visit was ok with them years back but now they don’t appreciate it anymore.

Your concern shouldn’t be if you should apply for her 6months or 2yrs visit visa, your concern should be how to convince the ECO why she stayed 5months of 6months visa.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ntyce(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
gal90:
Hi all,

My questions are

All advice is welcomed.

You need to explain why she spent 5 months instead of 3 weeks.
Without a convincing explanation, she might not enter the UK again.
I know of someone who spent 3 months instead of 2 weeks...
My guy has applied and appealed more than 3ce, all na rejection.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gal90: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
Darvick:

Just imagine you stayed 5months of 6months visit visa, what does that tell you? People always mislead you that you can stay as long as your visa valid, that’s wrong.

Home Office is now aware that old people stay in UK longer to become child minder and use public service like NHS for treatment.

The only time you get away with long stay is if you told them you staying for long and the reason is genuine and you granted. Not I’m gonna stay for 2weeks and stay 5months. This long stay visit was ok with them years back but now they don’t appreciate it anymore.

Your concern shouldn’t be if you should apply for her 6months or 2yrs visit visa, your concern should be how to convince the ECO why she stayed 5months of 6months visa.

Good point Darvick.

How do I convince the ECO why she stay so long? The reason really is she is not doing much in Nigeria. Also my children are in full time education, so she is really not doing any/much childminding for her grandchildren. So its just for
a change environment.

Also note that my first question was how do we make a successful application and secondly 6 months or 2years application because we applied for 2years after her first successful application hence I asked do we revert to 6month application.

Please give your views.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gracious13: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2020
Good morning everyone, happy new week.

On the Application form, there's a column there that states, EXTRA INFORMATION

Please what and what can I include?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 9:01am On Feb 10, 2020
Can we ask you the question (truthfully) 'Why did your mother in law' stay more than the expected 3 weeks?' If you can convince us with a genuine reason, then you can convince the ECO undecided

gal90:

Good point Darvick.

How do I convince the ECO why she stay so long? The reason really is she is not doing much in Nigeria. Also my children are in full time education, so she is really not doing any/much childminding for her grandchildren. So its just for
a change environment.

Also note that my first question was how do we make a successful application and secondly 6 months or 2years application because we applied for 2years after her first successful application hence I asked do we revert to 6month application.

Please give your views.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 10:06am On Feb 10, 2020
gal90:

Good point Darvick.

a change environment.

Please give your views.

Thanks

You stated it’s just for a change of environment, be aware of HO doesn’t want visitors to make UK their second home.

Most convincing reason could be sickness or decided to wait for a important ceremony e.g wedding graduation child birth if there was any, not advising you to lie though but giving examples of considerate genuine reasons.

Well she stayed 5months of 6months visit visa, ECO could think if given 2yrs she could stay a yr and half, will advise she apply for 6months though, doesn’t really matter if 6months or 2yrs.

State in the application, well you understand her visa wasn’t renewed coz she stayed 5months instead of 3weeks intended stay, give genuine reason and back it up with you thought she could stay upto her visa validation. Also State your reasons on compassionate ground and tell them that now that you aware such long stay won’t happen again.

Also tell them her grandchildren missing her so much and it’s gonna be very hard difficult to take all the grandchildren to Nigeria to visit her due to....state your reason e.g finance, it’s convenient and cheaper for her to come than taking the children to her.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ayomiposi2020: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2020
Hello everyone, please I will like to ask for guidance. I booked for the self-service option on TLS ikeja so I will be able to upload my documents myself. But I have been having difficulty doind so. If I go for my appointment, can I pay for assited service for them to help me scan it, If so please how much is it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chibudollar: 11:11am On Feb 10, 2020
Please if a passport summited for visa is taking long to being approved is that a good or bad sign
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Evagreenfields: 11:19am On Feb 10, 2020
Ayomiposi2020:
Hello everyone, please I will like to ask for guidance. I booked for the self-service option on TLS ikeja so I will be able to upload my documents myself. But I have been having difficulty doind so. If I go for my appointment, can I pay for assited service for them to help me scan it, If so please how much is it?

Yes you can. Its about 12k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beautyx5: 12:03pm On Feb 10, 2020
beautyx5:
Hi everyone,

Good evening. Please I need your help. I want to apply for a Visa with my husband to visit the UK for about 7 days for vacation.

I observed that the Visa form does not allow for joint applications (family applications). I have read through as much as I can to see if I can find a page where people in my situation have provided feedback but I am not yet successful. Maybe I am not searching well. However my request goes thus:

1. Can anyone please point me out to a section on this forum that addresses couples application for Visa?
2. I have a good paying job but my husband will be the one sponsoring this trip. My current accounts dont have more than 50k in them at the moment because I have moved funds around to help cater for the home however, I have about 1.5M in my MMF. I dont want to make any sudden bulk transfers and my travel date is in the 1st week of April. Is this okay since my husbands accounts is sufficient to take care of both of us on this trip?
3. How can I reference my husband's application? should my itinerary be for one person or for the both of us?
4. Will I need to provide the same documents as my husband? i.e Landed properties, tax clearance e.t.c for both of us or just his?
5. In my home, I do most of the caretaking with about 60% of my funds while my husband takes care of much larger expenses. This is our agreement in running the home. It would look like most my funds are disposable income; does anyone have an idea on how I can sell this to the ECO?
6. I would appreciate useful nuggets that can be included in my application letter to increase my chances of getting a visa.

Thanks for your feedback and help.

Help please!!!!!!

Also my kids have US passport and will likely be going on this trip with us depending on circumstances. What do I need to do? DO I include them in my plans? is there any special process for them since they dont need a visa for the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
[beautyx5 [/quote]
1. Everyone that needs a visa will fill a separate application and will pay his or her fees even if from same family.
2. Disposable income= Monthly Salary - Monthly expenses
3. All applications should carry adequate information and details even if from same family.
4. Your husband can sponsor the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ayomiposi2020: 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
Evagreenfields:

Yes you can. Its about 12k.

Thanks for your answer, really apprecited.

Also please can I writte a letter to correct an information I filled in my form. I actually put my intended date of arrival and departure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beautyx5: 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
giselle237:
[beautyx5
1. Everyone that needs a visa will fill a separate application and will pay his or her fees even if from same family.
2. Disposable income= Monthly Salary - Monthly expenses
3. All applications should carry adequate information and details even if from same family.
4. Your husband can sponsor the trip

Hello Giselle,

Thank you for you responses. Though some of it are not directly addressing my concerns but I appreciate the feedback.

1.Does my account balance of 50k suffice since my husband is the one sponsoring or should I liquidate some money from my MMF into my account to show proof of funds? From your experience, what do you advise?
2. How can I reference my husband's application? should my itinerary be for one person or for the both of us?
3. Will I need to provide the same documents as my husband? i.e Landed properties, tax clearance e.t.c for both of us or just his?

I have gone through 100 pages of information but haven't been able to find responses that can help me address these specific concerns hence why I am asking.

But thanks again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
@opomulero or so. He sponsored his wife, she’s a home maker and used I think all of his documents. His posts should give you a bit of insight.
In the meantime, whats ur husband’s salary, whats ur salary and then his account balance at the time u intend to apply? It will help our judgement..
Sure u can reference ur husband’s application when filling your form. U will be asked if u re traveling with anyone in the form.. u should fill in his details here.
Pls also give a full itinerary of what u plan to be doin for evry day of ur travel. Ur husband will answer in his own form too.
For number 3. Whether he is co-sponsoring or fully sponsoring you will be given the visa once u can establish your ties ... all your assets will also help to cement your application but ur husband’s stuffs can be infront. Again pls check the poster I referenced at the top and @ or pm him.
beautyx5:
Thank you for you responses. Though some of it are not directly addressing my concerns but I appreciate the feedback.1.Does my account balance of 50k suffice since my husband is the one sponsoring or should I liquidate some money from my MMF into my account to show proof of funds? From your experience, what do you advise?
2. How can I reference my husband's application? should my itinerary be for one person or for the both of us?
3. Will I need to provide the same documents as my husband? i.e Landed properties, tax clearance e.t.c for both of us or just his? .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by abbyode(m): 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
Hi guys, I am still unable to track my application. I seem not to be able to log in to my existing application. Where exactly can i find the link? Each time I try it keeps taking me to where to register newly. I need help please. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ezybaba(m): 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
Good afternoon everyone I plan to apply for UK visit visa this year after I was denied last year, I am a student and my mum is sponsoring me with d flight fees and co an my cousin in d UK will provide accommodation and feeding. My question is that I plan to submit my mum statement of account and my cousin in d UK statement of account. Is there a need for me to present my statement of account since am a student it is just upkeep money that enter the account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ibukun120: 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2020
Yes, there is a big need for you to submit your account statement, and kindly let it be six months.
The ECO wants to konw how you are supported on a daily basis in Nigeria
ezybaba:
Good afternoon everyone I plan to apply for UK visit visa this year after I was denied last year, I am a student and my mum is sponsoring me with d flight fees and co an my cousin in d UK will provide accommodation and feeding. My question is that I plan to submit my mum statement of account and my cousin in d UK statement of account. Is there a need for me to present my statement of account since am a student it is just upkeep money that enter the account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ezybaba(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ibukun120:
Yes, there is a big need for you to submit your account statement, and kindly let it be six months.
The ECO wants to konw how you are supported on a daily basis in Nigeria
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
Yes that was exactly what i did.....so all search light is on me.

giselle237:
@opomulero or so. He sponsored his wife, she’s a home maker and used I think all of his documents. His posts should give you a bit of insight.
In the meantime, whats ur husband’s salary, whats ur salary and then his account balance at the time u intend to apply? It will help our judgement..
Sure u can reference ur husband’s application when filling your form. U will be asked if u re traveling with anyone in the form.. u should fill in his details here.
Pls also give a full itinerary of what u plan to be doin for evry day of ur travel. Ur husband will answer in his own form too.
For number 3. Whether he is co-sponsoring or fully sponsoring you will be given the visa once u can establish your ties ... all your assets will also help to cement your application but ur husband’s stuffs can be infront. Again pls check the poster I referenced at the top and @ or pm him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.