Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1437335 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
giselle237:
All visitor visas I think have been grouped into Standard visitor visa.. furthermore more in your application form you can then state your reasons to be to take an exam. The umbrella is however ‘Standard Visitor Visa’

Thank you very much.

My travel day is April 3rd 2020, when is the best time to apply for the visa?

Which airlines have good flight fate and is booking.com good in getting a fair 1 room accommodation?

Thanks for your guidance. ...I want to do all the visa application myself because agents may mislead me , making me to miss my exam

I may be asking you and other ogas here more questions here; please tolerate my questions

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
@giselle237, thanks for accepting my DM, I have replied you.

Please check your PM.

Thanks so much .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
giselle237:
@ijeshalondon which time will you give me out of the agency fees.. grin

So you think I am an agent abi? I have been a member on nairaland since 2017... Once people get know you are a frequent traveler sure they will ask you questions... If i am an agent i wouldn't come here to ask questions... and since 2017 i have not had any issue with the moderator nor private chat people to come meet me somewhere... So therefore, I am a business owner and not a travel agent.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
Slowandgood:
@giselle237, thanks for accepting my DM, I have replied you.

Please check your PM.

Thanks so much .

Giselle237... when will u give me out of the consultation fee nah... see another person just DM you now... Dont chop alone nah.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
ijeshaoflondon:

Giselle237... when will u give me out of the consultation fee nah... see another person just DM you now... Dont chop alone nah.

Oga ijeshaoflondon....Giselle237.is a generous giver without any benefit.

Hope all Nigerians will be like him/her.

Am so grateful how Giselle237 help people freely withoutbenefits

Hope to be guiding other applicants from my own little experience am gathering here so far
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tasho105(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
Hi nairalanders,

Many thanks for the good work...God bless you all.
A friend is applying for 6 mo visit visa by end of this month.
She is self employed, she pays herself salaries into her personal account every month.
Her business is registered but no tax and no enough docs to backup transactions in her account.
1. Is it possible for her to submit her application as just an employee of the company, and not as the owner of the business?
OR
Can the application fly if she submits the biz owner and present the papers without tax?

Awaiting your kind response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Slowandgood:

Oga ijeshaoflondon....Giselle237.is a generous giver without any benefit.

Hope all Nigerians will be like him/her.

Am so grateful how Giselle237 help people freely withoutbenefits

Hope to be guiding other applicants from my own little experience am gathering here so far

Well... He is doing well... have once been like him in the past.. soldier go ,soldier come? Thats what happens here ... Enjoy him while he is available.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
ijeshaoflondon:

Well... He is doing well... have once been like him in the past.. soldier go ,soldier come? Thats what happens here ... Enjoy him while he is available.

Thank you Sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hacuttie: 3:33am On Feb 16, 2020
I got my visa through the help of gurus on this forum and I deemed it necessary to give feed back on my traveling experience.

At the point of entry, the immigration officer asked if I have been denied visa before, I said yes and he asked for the reason why I was denied and I stated what was written in my denial letter. He asked some other personal questions which I answered.

This old guy brought out a form and he ticked spaces where it's written that my passport has been seized and I may be denied entry to UK. "I looked at him and in my mind I said village people follow me reach Heathrow, o ma se o". While he was leading me to separate room he started saying I should tell him everything, I told him I had nothing different from what I told him before.

The most surprising aspect of our discussions was his knowledge of Lagos and Nigeria in general. From Ajangbadi to Abule Egba, Maryland down to Ketu, na so this guy dey yearn Lagos like Ajegunle brought up! Oh boy, Oyinbo wise no be small.

He left me in the room for like 20 minutes and I noticed three of them watching my countenance while I was waiting.

At the end he came back and tactically apologized I was denied visa the first time that I had a strong case. He said the job of VO is a difficult one that I should enjoy my stay. He gave me my passport. I no look him face as he gave me my documents, I just tear Okada ban trekking comot. Na so the guy dey run after me sey I don mis road o. It was a good experience after all.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 6:39am On Feb 16, 2020
wow cause of a denied so they have to check there system on the reason na wao
Hacuttie:
I got my visa through the help of gurus on this forum and I deemed it necessary to give feed back on my traveling experience.

At the point of entry, the immigration officer asked if I have been denied visa before, I said yes and he asked for the reason why I was denied and I stated what was written in my denial letter. He asked some other personal questions which I answered.

This old guy brought out a form and he ticked spaces where it's written that my passport has been seized and I may be denied entry to UK. "I looked at him and in my mind I said village people follow me reach Heathrow, o ma se o". While he was leading me to separate room he started saying I should tell him everything, I told him I had nothing different from what I told him before.

The most surprising aspect of our discussions was his knowledge of Lagos and Nigeria in general. From Ajangbadi to Abule Egba, Maryland down to Ketu, na so this guy dey yearn Lagos like Ajegunle brought up! Oh boy, Oyinbo wise no be small.

He left me in the room for like 20 minutes and I noticed three of them watching my countenance while I was waiting.

At the end he came back and tactically apologized I was denied visa the first time that I had a strong case. He said the job of VO is a difficult one that I should enjoy my stay. He gave me my passport. I no look him face as he gave me my documents, I just tear Okada ban trekking comot. Na so the guy dey run after me sey I don mis road o. It was a good experience after all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 7:48am On Feb 16, 2020
Slowandgood:

Thank you very much.

My travel day is April 3rd 2020, when is the best time to apply for the visa?

Which airlines have good flight fate and is booking.com good in getting a fair 1 room accommodation?

Thanks for your guidance. ...I want to do all the visa application myself because agents may mislead me , making me to miss my exam

I may be asking you and other ogas here more questions here; please tolerate my questions

Thanks
You can apply for visa 90 days before your travel date. You can do your hotel /hostel accommodation through
booking.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 8:50am On Feb 16, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

You can apply for visa 90 days before your travel date. You can do your hotel /hostel accommodation through
booking.com

Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 9:30am On Feb 16, 2020
Update on my visa application.
Please guide me if there is anywhere to amend in my visa application for my exam in UK(First time UK visa applicant 6 months visa application )

1.Married with 3 children (oldest child is 6 years old)
2.Salary is N450k with a monthly expenses of N50k (wife support with her salary as a lecturer in Federal University) making my disposable income of N400k)
3. Saving in my salary account is N950k for 5 months available for this travel (i withdraw occasionally from my salary account for investment )
4. Savings in my investment (including my pension account and stockbroker account) about N7million
5. Travel date (16tth May 2020 , exam is 18-19th May 2020 and to come back to naija 20th May 2020 making a total of 4 days in UK)

6. Proposed expenses for the travel
Flight=N272k with KLM airline
Accommodation (hostel)=N45k free cancellation &10mins walk to the exam venue
Feeding =N40k
Transportation =N20k
Miscellaneous = N20k
Total expenses= N397k

7. Documents to submit
-marriage certificate, family pictures, wife staff ID card (with her last payment slip) , children birth certificates
-5months payslips (september to January ), salary account bank statement,
-statement of accounts from my pension and stockbroker investment account
-utility bills and last house rent receipt
-letter of introduction from my office , promotion letters
-visa support letter from the exam body in UK
- flight schedule including the amount for the flight
-evidence of hostel accommodation booking for 4 nights from booking.com
-cover letter to explain some promotion areas and new minimum wage payment in my salary account

NB:
-No relation in UK
-Never travelled oustside the country apart from going to Ghana for Profesional exam 2017
-I would like to apply for the visa this coming week

Please kindly guide me in this visa application as I will like to apply myself and upload all the supporting documents

Thanks you so much for your kind responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 9:59am On Feb 16, 2020
Yes and to make sure the visa issued was not done in error or illegally.

pufframmy:
wow cause of a denied so they have to check there system on the reason na wao

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2020
Nice one. Didn't he offer to take off the flag so that in your next visit, you're not stopped over the same issue?

Hacuttie:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:09am On Feb 16, 2020
Looks good but your disposable income might look suspicious as in the running cost of your family (family of 5) is virtually in the hands of your wife it seems which the ECO might find difficult to believe but that is my own assumption.

By and large, your application looks good but ensure you keep to your return date else you might be judged in future as not trust worthy.

Slowandgood:
Update on my visa application.
Please guide me if there is anywhere to amend in my visa application for my exam in UK(First time UK visa applicant 6 months visa application )

1.Married with 3 children (oldest child is 6 years old)
2.Salary is N450k with a monthly expenses of N50k (wife support with her salary as a lecturer in Federal University) making my disposable income of N400k)
3. Saving in my salary account is N950k for 5 months available for this travel (i withdraw occasionally from my salary account for investment )
4. Savings in my investment (including my pension account and stockbroker account) about N7million
5. Travel date (16tth May 2020 , exam is 18-19th May 2020 and to come back to naija 20th May 2020 making a total of 4 days in UK)

6. Proposed expenses for the travel
Flight=N272k with KLM airline
Accommodation (hostel)=N45k free cancellation &10mins walk to the exam venue
Feeding =N40k
Transportation =N20k
Miscellaneous = N20k
Total expenses= N397k

7. Documents to submit
-marriage certificate, family pictures, wife staff ID card (with her last payment slip) , children birth certificates
-5months payslips (september to January ), salary account bank statement,
-statement of accounts from my pension and stockbroker investment account
-utility bills and last house rent receipt
-letter of introduction from my office , promotion letters
-visa support letter from the exam body in UK
- flight schedule including the amount for the flight
-evidence of hostel accommodation booking for 4 nights from booking.com
-cover letter to explain some promotion areas and new minimum wage payment in my salary account

NB:
-No relation in UK
-Never travelled oustside the country apart from going to Ghana for Profesional exam 2017
-I would like to apply for the visa this coming week

Please kindly guide me in this visa application as I will like to apply myself and upload all the supporting documents

Thanks you so much for your kind responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 10:15am On Feb 16, 2020
bigtt76:
Looks good but your disposable income might look suspicious as in the running cost of your family (family of 5) is virtually in the hands of your wife it seems which the ECO might find difficult to believe but that is my own assumption.

By and large, your application looks good but ensure you keep to your return date else you might be judged in future as not trust worthy.

Thanks. ...but what do you think and suggest I should put as my disposable income ...am ready and willing to modify it to avoid stories from the ECO.

Thanks again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:27am On Feb 16, 2020
Like I said earlier, what you have is good enough but just to make it look more feasible, you increase your contribution to say 100k which leaves you with a disposable income of 350k. With this, your budget is still within the acceptable range (not more than two months disposable income).

Slowandgood:

Thanks. ...but what do you think and suggest I should put as my disposable income ...am ready and willing to modify it to avoid stories from the ECO.

Thanks again

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 10:39am On Feb 16, 2020
bigtt76:
Like I said earlier, what you have is good enough but just to make it look more feasible, you increase your contribution to say 100k which leaves you with a disposable income of 350k. With this, your budget is still within the acceptable range (not more than two months disposable income).

Ok Thanks.

I actually spend about 100k for family upkeep from my other non salary account, but just for the visa application I chose that amount from my salary account.

Also for more clarification, I may actually go for preparatory course for the exam in April 3rd 2020, but am not using it to apply for the visa. I hope if am giving the visa for the exam, I can also travel for both the preparatory course on 3rd April 2020 (though the preparatory course is not compulsory ) and then travel for the exam on 16th May 2020.

NB: The funds for both travels are actually in my non salary account (it is in my family upkeep account ), but am just using the salary account for the visa application.

What is your advise please.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 11:25am On Feb 16, 2020
Best you state your intentions clearly in your application. Some embassy would issue you a visa for a trip scheduled for May in February but place a validity start date in May based on your itinerary submitted meaning you can't use the visa until the date you proposed (or later) as your travel date not earlier. Better you tell them you intend going for the prep course prior to the exam itself. It's all about building trust.

On the non-salary account, I would advise not to mention it if you cannot adequately explain the source of fund to that account.

Ensure you don't divulge any information more than required to avoid questions which you might (not have or) understand to give straight forward answers

Slowandgood:

Ok Thanks.

I actually spend about 100k for family upkeep from my other non salary account, but just for the visa application I chose that amount from my salary account.

Also for more clarification, I may actually go for preparatory course for the exam in April 3rd 2020, but am not using it to apply for the visa. I hope if am giving the visa for the exam, I can also travel for both the preparatory course on 3rd April 2020 (though the preparatory course is not compulsory ) and then travel for the exam on 16th May 2020.

NB: The funds for both travels are actually in my non salary account (it is in my family upkeep account ), but am just using the salary account for the visa application.

What is your advise please.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lanrayco(m): 11:37am On Feb 16, 2020
I did biometric since 30th Dec, 2019 and I am yet to get a response. Planned Travel date has passed and I am so worried.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 11:45am On Feb 16, 2020
bigtt76:
Best you state your intentions clearly in your application. Some embassy would issue you a visa for a trip scheduled for May in February but place a validity start date in May based on your itinerary submitted meaning you can't use the visa until the date you proposed (or later) as your travel date not earlier. Better you tell them you intend going for the prep course prior to the exam itself. It's all about building trust.

On the non-salary account, I would advise not to mention it if you cannot adequately explain the source of fund to that account.

Ensure you don't divulge any information more than required to avoid questions which you might (not have or) understand to give straight forward answers

Thank you so much.

So which one should I use for the primary reason for the visa application itself -the prep course other the exam itself. This is because I noticed in the visa application form, it is only one main reason for the visa application that you can select and maintain throughout the application.

Also if I use the exam date as the main reason for the visa application, will it be under Additional information that I will state that I will be going for the prep course in April 2020 or in the cover letter I will write.

I want a clean visa application to prevent future denial in my subsequent visa applications.

Thank you for the guidance. Am really grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by joshbam: 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hello house, I'm considering applying for a UK visa. I wanted to apply for tier 2 but I'm confused as to how to get a CoS because I don't have any work experience. Just finished my nysc and I have nothing doing right now. What type of visa is best for someone like me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
It all depends on what is written in the support letter issued you by the exam body - did they mention anything about the prep course and the exam itself? If yes then, you need to mention that in your application. Also, will you be staying behind in the UK after the prep course and wait for the exam date? I assume yes because of the cost, so ensure you calculate the number of days you intend staying in the UK correctly.

State clearly the reason for the visit under Additional information and in your cover letter, elaborate more on this. BTW, is the prep course part of the exam body's offerings? Or it's a different arrangement? If it's a different arrangement, you might have to prove it's a genuine course and offered by a licensed institution.

Slowandgood:

Thank you so much.

So which one should I use for the primary reason for the visa application itself -the prep course other the exam itself. This is because I noticed in the visa application form, it is only one main reason for the visa application that you can select and maintain throughout the application.

Also if I use the exam date as the main reason for the visa application, will it be under Additional information that I will state that I will be going for the prep course in April 2020 or in the cover letter I will write.

I want a clean visa application to prevent future denial in my subsequent visa applications.

Thank you for the guidance. Am really grateful.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
bigtt76:
It all depends on what is written in the support letter issued you by the exam body - did they mention anything about the prep course and the exam itself? If yes then, you need to mention that in your application. Also, will you be staying behind in the UK after the prep course and wait for the exam date? I assume yes because of the cost, so ensure you calculate the number of days you intend staying in the UK correctly.

State clearly the reason for the visit under Additional information and in your cover letter, elaborate more on this. BTW, is the prep course part of the exam body's offerings? Or it's a different arrangement? If it's a different arrangement, you might have to prove it's a genuine course and offered by a licensed institution.

Thank you Madam.

The preparatory course visa support letter and the actual exam visa support letter will be issued separately by the same college exam body...different sections of the same college will issue their visa support letters.

The preparatory course is part of the college exam body offering for this coming May 2020 exam.....the preparatory course usually holds 30-40days before the actual exam.

I have already booked for both the preparatory course and the exam with the college exam body.

I will travel for preparatory course April 2020 (3 days in UK), then come back to naija.

Then go back to UK for the exam on May 2020 (3 days in UK) ,then back to naija too.

The total cost of each travel is now N360k.

My office will not grant my stay in UK from April to May (about 42days at once) when am not on annual leave.

Thanks for your contributions always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kapeter(m): 6:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
Seuntolaa:
Good day everyone,

My brother got his 2 year visit visa to the UK last year. He travelled to the UK in December and lost his passport while in the UK. He reported to the authorities in the UK and he was given a travel document to come back.

He has a new passport now and we will like to know if he can transfer his visa to the new passport and ways to go about it.
please how did he get that. did he applied himself or through agent?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by julzz(f): 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hey guys, my sister and her family want to start application for a Uk tourist visa for August travel, please I need guidance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
Oh wao!

If each travel will cost 360K then it means your budget will be 720K which will be a bit higher than your total disposable for 2 months, you might want to adjust it to cover not more than 2 months though I doubt it will be an issue since you're not going for vacation/leisure but just to be on the safe side.

Ensure you state your itinerary backed by both letters for prep course and actual exam. All the best.

Slowandgood:

Thank you Madam.

The preparatory course visa support letter and the actual exam visa support letter will be issued separately by the same college exam body...different sections of the same college will issue their visa support letters.

The preparatory course is part of the college exam body offering for this coming May 2020 exam.....the preparatory course usually holds 30-40days before the actual exam.

I have already booked for both the preparatory course and the exam with the college exam body.

I will travel for preparatory course April 2020 (3 days in UK), then come back to naija.

Then go back to UK for the exam on May 2020 (3 days in UK) ,then back to naija too.

The total cost of each travel is now N360k.

My office will not grant my stay in UK from April to May (about 42days at once) when am not on annual leave.

Thanks for your contributions always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Slowandgood: 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
bigtt76:
Oh wao!

If each travel will cost 360K then it means your budget will be 720K which will be a bit higher than your total disposable for 2 months, you might want to adjust it to cover not more than 2 months though I doubt it will be an issue since you're not going for vacation/leisure but just to be on the safe side.

Ensure you state your itinerary backed by both letters for prep course and actual exam. All the best.

Thanks always.

Am grateful.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
Welcome anytime.

Slowandgood:

Thanks always.

Am grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by eyinola: 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
Just decide to post this here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.