Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438542 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uhtred(m): 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
So I got a text that my passport is ready for collection. Hoping it's going to be successful.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nappypee(m): 5:34am On Feb 27, 2020
Can I include my savings account in the application for a uk visa or does it have to be a business account since I run my own business,?

justwise:
This is Part4 of the UK visiting/tourist visa thread

Part 3 is here https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Visit this link for application and other info https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2020
Good morning,

is it possible to enter uk through Heathrow and exit through Gatwick... vice versa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2020
Uhtred:
So I got a text that my passport is ready for collection. Hoping it's going to be successful.

Go and collect it ...it shall be positive in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 9:13am On Feb 27, 2020
opomulero:
Good morning,

is it possible to enter uk through Heathrow and exit through Gatwick... vice versa

U can route ur flight anyhow u like it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BossFingy(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2020
Uhtred:
When did you submit??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigbus: 12:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
opomulero:
Good morning,

Yes. And via another UK international airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nzekells: 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2020
Mumdom:
I want to apply for UK Visa for tourist with my family,I want to know d requirement nd how to go about it
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2020
opomulero:
Good morning,

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babs4all: 6:30pm On Feb 27, 2020
opomulero:
Good morning,

Very possible. I even entered UK with Bus and exited with Train via France
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 8:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
@ kunzzy4me
@ bigbus
@ Ashirioluwa
@ babs4all

Thank you all and the whole house,

i really appreciate

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:52pm On Feb 27, 2020
nappypee:
Can I include my savings account in the application for a uk visa or does it have to be a business account since I run my own business,?

Include both of them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
whytho:
Has anyone gone through the process of replacing a lost Nigerian passport in the UK?

I am British with dual nationality and I need to replace my Nigerian passport that I lost

On picture attachment 1, number xii. states that if I meet the listed requirements, I should ‘Click Here’, which takes me to this website:

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/

Once I get to this website, under the ‘passport’ header I select ‘Apply for reissue of lost/stolen or damaged passport’ and this takes me to an online application form. My issue is that the application form reads as though it is meant for people applying from NIGERIA and not the UK

For example, in picture attachment number 2, the only option to choose for ‘processing country’ is Nigeria. Also, when I went further down the application process and it was time to pay, it was going to charge me in Naira

I don’t want to pay and then realise I have paid for the wrong application. Maybe it is just me but I am not finding their website that clear, I know I am supposed to bring the stuff listed in picture attachment 1 from numbers i. to xii.

But from numbers xiii. to xv. which application am I supposed to submit to get these documents?

Any help would be very appreciated, I am very desperate. Thank you

Cc justwise

Were you able to apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Meduzah(f): 12:04am On Feb 28, 2020
justwise:

Were you able to apply?

Hello @justwise. I sent an email earlier today. I need help applying for the Netherlands visa.
Please kindly reply, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 28, 2020
opomulero:
Good morning,

Yes, most times Nigerians buy return tickets so it's usually the same airport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 28, 2020
kunzzy4me:

Go and collect it ...it shall be positive in Jesus name

For visa again?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2020
Meduzah:

Hello @justwise. I sent an email earlier today. I need help applying for the Netherlands visa.
Thanks

I really don't know much about their visa requirements, you just have to read around this section for specific information
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 11:33am On Feb 28, 2020
Meduzah:

Thanks

Their visa requirements same as UK, the difference is you have book hotel and flight reservation but UK you don’t.

So check UK visa requirements here and book hotel and flight reservation, you good to go for Netherlands visa which is same as schengen visa.

Note: France now process visa for Netherlands o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mohr(m): 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2020
[quote author=Chijiuba post=86985280]

Sorted thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 2:10pm On Feb 28, 2020
I just got an email that my passport is ready for collection, but I have to wait till Monday to collect it as I am not currently with the collection slip (or can I collect without it?). please can I show a scanned copy of the collection slip? I am so anxious I don't know if I can survive till Monday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Veejaytv1: 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
Chijiuba:
I just got an email that my passport is ready for collection, but I have to wait till Monday to collect it as I am not currently with the collection slip (or can I collect without it?). please can I show a scanned copy of the collection slip? I am so anxious I don't know if I can survive till Monday

When did you submit Nd I wish you the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Meduzah(f): 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2020
justwise:

I really don't know much about their visa requirements, you just have to read around this section for specific information

Okay, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Meduzah(f): 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
Darvick:

Their visa requirements same as UK, the difference is you have book hotel and flight reservation but UK you don’t.

So check UK visa requirements here and book hotel and flight reservation, you good to go for Netherlands visa which is same as schengen visa.

Note: France now process visa for Netherlands o

I'll do that. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babs4all: 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
Veejaytv1:

When did you submit Nd I wish you the best

I submitted on 7th did my Biometrics on 14th

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uhtred(m): 4:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
So those people denied me Visa just because they could't interprete some inflows in my account. I work and earn good salary but also have a side hustle that pays even more than my salary. All these I explained in my cover letter but the lazy eco (abi wetin una dey call am) said (S)he doesn't understand.

I didn't want to attend the convocation before sef, na force dem wan force me go. angry angry angry angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigbus: 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
babs4all:
My friend that applied on the 5th of February got a letter today from Canadian Embassy in Nairobi that his application is refused based on his ties to Canada and Nigeria. He did paper application in Naija.
That's super fast if you ask me.
He has no travel history but works with a reputable company with good pay.

Did he apply for a UK visa? Just wondering how come he is getting a reply from the Canadian Embassy in Nairobi? Plus he applied in Naija? Ties to Canada, reply from Nairobi, when he has no travel history. Seems to be a mix-up or SPAM mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babs4all: 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
bigbus:

Did he apply for a UK visa? Just wondering how come he is getting a reply from the Canadian Embassy in Nairobi? Plus he applied in Naija? Ties to Canada, reply from Nairobi, when he has no travel history. Seems to be a mix-up or SPAM mail.

Mixed up. Wanted to post it on Canadian visa thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2020
Uhtred:
So those people denied me Visa just because they could't interprete some inflows in my account. I work and earn good salary but also have a side hustle that pays even more than my salary. All these I explained in my cover letter but the lazy eco (abi wetin una dey call am) said (S)he doesn't understand.

I didn't want to attend the convocation before sef, na force dem wan force me go. angry angry angry angry

Please post the refusal letter here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Graceee: 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
Only God can do it

Submitted to TLS 2nd week in February

Got a transfer UKVI acknowledge mail from TLS 2 days after submission

Just been to Dubai

Hostel accommodation

no friends in Uk

no family in Uk

Picked up my passport with 6 months visa

Chineke, Ekene dili Gi !!!!

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by miqos02(m): 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
open a separate account for your side hustle and let your salary account be solely for salaries, thats what the gurus here recommend
Uhtred:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Veejaytv1: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
Graceee:
Only God can do it

Submitted to TLS 2nd week in February

Got a transfer UKVI acknowledge mail from TLS 2 days after submission

Just been to Dubai

Hostel accommodation

no friends in Uk

no family in Uk

Picked up my passport with 6 months visa

Chineke, Ekene dili Gi !!!!

Can you list the documents you submitted please thanks...

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.