Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438417 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 9:51pm On Mar 14, 2020
What is your monthly expense out of your paid salary (commission not inclusive)... the remainder out of your monthly salary (commission not inclusive) is your disposable income.

Note that I mentioned 'commission not inclusive' because technically that is like bonus to be paid to you on satisfying some conditions entered into with your company... It's not a steady income. The ECO wants to see a month by month steady income of your 360k salary being paid by your company unfailingly... That forms part of your ties to your home country that you have a steady paying job you will be returning back to at the end of your vacation.

The disposable income is what you must use for your budgeting. The cost of your trip must not be more than 2 months aggregate of your disposable income. Makes no sense using 6 months salaries saved for a 2 weeks holiday and come back to nothing at the end of the day. To the ECO, It goes on to show that you're not sincere in your pledge to return back home at the end of your vacation.

To enable us guide you well, do a breakdown of your trip cost (allocating figures to your proposed itinerary), if there are components you need to adjust to reduce the cost, we will advise you.

comflyes:
Do you think I should reduce the the said amount I said I would be spending from 2000pounds to what please...Please note this said amount includes Flight ticket
Hotel
Feeding for 10days
Transportation
Shopping for my wife
miscellaneous

Whats your thought.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jerome84(m): 7:12am On Mar 15, 2020
kunzzy4me:

Thanks.. because I was told they now ask for yelow card..anyway sha...I ready done it..

Came in last week also, no one asked for yellow card, it was also smooth at POE, though your answers has to be smart and straight to the point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 7:42am On Mar 15, 2020
comflyes:
Do you think I should reduce the the said amount I said I would be spending from 2000pounds to what please...Please note this said amount includes Flight ticket
Hotel
Feeding for 10days
Transportation
Shopping for my wife
miscellaneous

Whats your thought.

Assign cost to them like this .
example for a 8 days visit
*Cost implication of the trip*
Flight - 521.43 GBP - 250k
Accomodation- 161.30 GBP -74k
Feeding - 100 GBP - 48k
Transport - 60.20 GBP - 29k
Shopping- 187.72 GBP- 90k
Miscellaneous - 120 GBP - 58k
Total- 1,150.65 GBP

And remember to follow the disposable income rule on this platform when doing your own costing

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 8:18am On Mar 15, 2020
Happy Sunday...Please, at the moment, how much is "walk-in"? I mean walk-in at a VAC without prior appointment. I guess that is same as Flexi-Appointment?
Cc: Giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 8:49am On Mar 15, 2020
Success2011:
Happy Sunday...Please, at the moment, how much is "walk-in"? I mean walk-in at a VAC without prior appointment. I guess that is same as Flexi-Appointment?
Cc: Giselle237

Flexi-Appointment is 42,000 but you are still require to book appointment for a particular day. The walk in means you can walk in anytime between 8am- 4pm on that day you picked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 11:16am On Mar 15, 2020
jerome84:

Came in last week also, no one asked for yellow card, it was also smooth at POE, though your answers has to be smart and straight to the point.

Bro pls can you share ur POE interview with us ..Incase of those of us who is JJC who also have the plan to travel anytime soon...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 15, 2020
kunzzy4me:

Bro pls can you share ur POE interview with us ..Incase of those of us who is JJC who also have the plan to travel anytime soon...thanks
Are first time tourists really allowed into the UK at this time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 2:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
dilodavid:
Are first time tourists really allowed into the UK at this time?

Yeap, I have a first timer coming in today.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
Brightingsus:

Yeap, I have a first timer coming in today.
Kindly furnish the house with details of his trip after arrival especially on the yellow card issue so that people can be informed. Does the person intend to visit regular tourist sites in the UK? I thought first timers going solely for the purpose of tourism won't be allowed into the country because of this virus issue since some tourist sites would be on lockdown.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
Thank you @Oak
oak202:

Flexi-Appointment is 42,000 but you are still require to book appointment for a particular day. The walk in means you can walk in anytime between 8am- 4pm on that day you picked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
Biosak:
Hi everyone,for a married man with 2 kids how much can i put as expensive for a month.
please I still need an answer to this. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
Biosak:
Thanks but should I say I don't know anyone there since its over 10 year's? Please advice me.
I have once used an invitation and I was refuse 10 years ago so if I decide to do new application will I say I don't know anyone there again?
please house I would appreciate your response on this. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 6:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
Biosak:

The record is there forever. You have to say yes to the question .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
Biosak:
please I still need an answer to this. Thanks

No one can decide on your behalf how much you spend in a month because your statement of account might reflect this .
One thing is for you to put a reasonable amount that will not jeopardize your disposable income.

For example, if you earn 350,000 per month & your monthly expenditure is 85k. You still have 265k to play around with.
So any money you intend to spend on your trip should not be more than twice of 265k(530k)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
Biosak:
Thanks but should I say I don't know anyone there since its over 10 year's? Please advice me.
I have once used an invitation and I was refuse 10 years ago so if I decide to do new application will I say I don't know anyone there again?

If truly u don't have anyone in the UK as at present then simply say no... the u know last year might have relocated to another country this year ..the answer is simply no...last year when i applied..some actually gave me an invite ...Andi was deny but this year when I applied with hotel reservation..I was ask if I know or have a relative in the UK...I told them no..and my visa was approved..so it's depends ..just fill ur application form properly and pray ..that's all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 8:03pm On Mar 15, 2020
LoyalRoyalty:
Kindly furnish the house with details of his trip after arrival especially on the yellow card issue so that people can be informed. Does the person intend to visit regular tourist sites in the UK? I thought first timers going solely for the purpose of tourism won't be allowed into the country because of this virus issue since some tourist sites would be on lockdown.

Let me clarify that he only came on a spouse UK visa to join his wife, not as a tourist. He landed today. He was not asked for any yellow card in Lagos and POE at London Heathrow airport.

Regarding the second part of your query about tourist sites being on lockdown, well; I do not have info on how that impacts a visa application. Remember, there are different reasons to apply for a tourist visa (generally called Standard Visitor Visa) and not only to visit tourist sites. What about a standard visitor visa to visit family and friends, are the family and friends on lockdown also? cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 8:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
[quote author=kunzzy4me post=87471064][/quote] thank you brother I really appreciate your soft explanation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 8:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
[quote author=oak202 post=87470014]

The record is there forever. You have to say yes to the question .

Thanks brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 8:17pm On Mar 15, 2020
kunzzy4me:
thank you sir

If truly u don't have anyone in the UK as at present then simply say no... the u know last year might have relocated to another country this year ..the answer is simply no...last year when i applied..some actually gave me an invite ...Andi was deny but this year when I applied with hotel reservation..I was ask if I know or have a relative in the UK...I told them no..and my visa was approved..so it's depends ..just fill ur application form properly and pray ..that's all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 8:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
oak202:
thank you so much

No one can decide on your behalf how much you spend in a month because your statement of account might reflect this .
One thing is for you to put a reasonable amount that will not jeopardize your disposable income.

For example, if you earn 350,000 per month & your monthly expenditure is 85k. You still have 265k to play around with.
So any money you intend to spend on your trip should not be more than twice of 265k(530k)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
kunzzy4me:
If truly u don't have anyone in the UK as at present then simply say no... the person u know last year might have relocated to another country this year ..the answer is simply no...last year when i applied..some actually gave me an invite ...Andi was deny but this year when I applied with hotel reservation..I was ask if I know or have a relative in the UK...I told them no..and my visa was approved..so it's depends ..just fill ur application form properly and pray ..that's all
Truth.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
Biosak:

It’s depends, if just a friend you stated, no need, you can say u don’t know anyone there now. If distance family you can still say you don’t know anyhow there. Uncle aunt cousin nephew etc don’t matter anymore coz UK don’t classify them as family anymore, only your mum dad brothers sisters and grands/great are your family. Check out who you stated you knew then, if distance family just say no but say yes if close family e.g I listed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amookola: 12:16am On Mar 16, 2020
Hi, I'm applying for tourist visa 2 years with multiple entry the one I applied for in 2010 was 6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:06am On Mar 16, 2020
kunzzy4me:

That's not the point! If you have declared that you know someone in the UK and the person is still living there then the answer is a big fat YES whether you are going to visit the person or not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 7:08am On Mar 16, 2020
Thanksuote author=Darvick post=87474485]

It’s depends, if just a friend you stated, no need, you can say u don’t know anyone there now. If distance family you can still say you don’t know anyhow there. Uncle aunt cousin nephew etc don’t matter anymore coz UK don’t classify them as family anymore, only your mum dad brothers sisters and grands/great are your family. Check out who you stated you knew then, if distance family just say no but say yes if close family e.g I listed.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2020
Biosak:

Yes is the answer, it doesn't matter whether you are going to visit the person or not, you don't have to use IV from the person, you can use hotel booking . They have it on record already that you know someone in the U.K., yes it's 10yrs ago but that doesn't remove the fact that you know someone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:15am On Mar 16, 2020
Darvick:

It’s depends, if just a friend you stated, no need, you can say u don’t know anyone there now. If distance family you can still say you don’t know anyhow there. Uncle aunt cousin nephew etc don’t matter anymore coz UK don’t classify them as family anymore, only your mum dad brothers sisters and grands/great are your family. Check out who you stated you knew then, if distance family just say no but say yes if close family e.g I listed.

This is totally misleading, this answer you gave here has nothing to do with the question: do you know anybody in the UK?

Whether friend, distance family or blood brother or sister it doesn't matter, the answer is Yes or No.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:44am On Mar 16, 2020
Darvick:

The bolded is untrue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.