Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,414 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1435153 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Heiress007: 6:47am On May 23, 2020
Hello House

Any info on when the embassy will reopen?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Endlessgrace: 3:01pm On May 24, 2020
Dee282:

In the last ten years I have traveled to the UK more than 20times!! I have spent 5weeks, 4weeks, 3weeks, 10days, etc. on a single trip and I have never had to explain myself.

Every application is being treated based on its own merit, because it worked for you doesn't mean it will for the poster. Even though you are still within the validity of your visa you have extended your stay and this might not go well with the VO when next you apply. If for any reason you had to extend your stay then it’s advisable you back it with explanations and evodence, My friend applied to stay 2 weeks in the UK and ended up staying 1 month, she explained in her next application that she extended her stay because her sponsor had a baby upon her arrival and she backed it with evidence and it was a smooth process for her.
Moreover 3 weeks is enough for people to work here as a child minder, nanny or paid work with cash in hand.
I always advise people to get it right the first time to avoid stories that touch much later on.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Glink2018(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2020
Heiress007:
Hello House

Any info on when the embassy will reopen?

You still want to go to the UK. 300 pounds for 2 weeks quarantine...aside hotel and other expenses....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 6:04pm On May 24, 2020
Glink2018:

You still want to go to the UK. 300 pounds for 2 weeks quarantine...aside hotel and other expenses....
they already changed d rules. Travelers coming in,d drill is that they will have to fill a form about their destination ,u will choose where u will stay for 2 weeks ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 7:09pm On May 24, 2020
Hello everyone, does anyone know the procedure/hope for people that 6months visa expired that couldn't travel cos of covid. Is it an automatic extension, or extension based on request or new visa application with a waiver for visa fee or nothing at all ? Example visa from Dec to May 2020. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 8:21pm On May 24, 2020
1blessing:
Hello everyone, does anyone know the procedure/hope for people that 6months visa expired that couldn't travel cos of covid. Is it an automatic extension, or extension based on request or new visa application with a waiver for visa fee or nothing at all ? Example visa from Dec to May 2020. Thank you.

Thanks for bringing up this ..pls anyone with useful information about it should pls share to the house ...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 10:46am On May 25, 2020
1blessing:
I think something was said about those people reapplying again with full Visa payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 2:16pm On May 25, 2020
Rheminix:
they already changed d rules. Travelers coming in,d drill is that they will have to fill a form about their destination ,u will choose where u will stay for 2 weeks ..

what are the changed rules?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ghost3040: 3:44pm On May 25, 2020
Hello everyone.
I'm new to this thread and the whole immigration stuff, but I'm desperately on my toes to migrate.

BACKGROUND:
Bsc Accounting, ACA, ACCA, MBA(in professional accounting) from London Business School using my ACCA pathway.

So I'm considering taking this CIMA route since I stumbled on this thread.

QUESTIONS:

1. What are my chances(points) claimable considering my current qualifications.(Note; I claimed exemptions on my ACCA using my ACA, so I wrote four(4) papers...Strategic professional level.

2. Is my MBA valid?? Since its through ACCA gateway.

3. Is there an MRA for conversion of ACCA to CPA?

4. I've seen comments on writing just ba1 to ba4 in CIMA, but from the course content, there are 16 papers..please I need clarification on this.

5. What's the cost like (rough estimate) to complete everything on CIMA (All things being equal)..

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Magnifque01: 5:40pm On May 25, 2020
I am also trying to make findings as it applies to me, i heard its possibly a reapplication with normal visa fee.
1blessing:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 8:23pm On May 25, 2020
ok. if so can the person reapply for more than 6 months then? hope to get positive feedback. thx

Magnifque01:
I am also trying to make findings as it applies to me, i heard its possibly a reapplication with normal visa fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 2:09am On May 26, 2020
good morning house, thanks for all you do on here. i'm planning to relocate and join my fiance later on this year (anytime after covid is over ) i need a candid advice on my plans..
1. i am thinking of getting a 2 years visitors visa ( my 6months expired in january, i stayed 21 day in UK between dec & jan)
2. after getting the 2 years , i will then apply for a fiance visa
i'm applying for the 2 years as a backup plan though.
my questions are
someone who has gone through the process of fiance visa should kindly educate me on this .thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 10:08am On May 26, 2020
Good morning house. God's protection will be on us in Jesus name. Please a brother is stucked while filling British army recruitment form because it's asking for date of entry into the UK because he hasn't been to the UK before. Please is there any advice on this as to how he can continue the application. He already stated that his current address is Nigeria.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lotusflowerbomb: 12:00pm On May 26, 2020
graceodini:
Good morning house. God's protection will be on us in Jesus name. Please a brother is stucked while filling British army recruitment form because it's asking for date of entry into the UK because he hasn't been to the UK before. Please is there any advice on this as to how he can continue the application. He already stated that his current address is Nigeria.
They are not currently accepting applications from commonwealth during the Covid19 pandemic. They stated it on the website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 12:15pm On May 26, 2020
Nielbaba:
good morning house, thanks for all you do on here. i'm planning to relocate and join my fiance later on this year (anytime after covid is over ) i need a candid advice on my plans..
1. i am thinking of getting a 2 years visitors visa ( my 6months expired in january, i stayed 21 day in UK between dec & jan): why wasting money?
2. after getting the 2 years , i will then apply for a fiance visa : why wasting money?? Why not apply for fiancé visa since u already have six months visa and gone to UK and came bk, that alone u have a good immigration status and that alone will help u in y fiancé visa.
i'm applying for the 2 years as a backup plan though. :- No need.
my questions are
someone who has gone through the process of fiance visa should kindly educate me on this .thanks in advance: I will put you through and u can get help on the UK spouse/fiancé visa for Nairaland. U can also search on Facebook for UK spouse forum. U will get all u want

Kindly see response above in black.

My advice instead of applying for two years visa to visit to uk, and wasting visa fees of two years and plane fare, Why not use all these money and apply for spouse visa, or Fiancé visa or even marriage visa. All these are good but, spouse visa is the best but, y fiancé have to come down to Nigeria for the registry if u decide to go through spouse visa route. U are given 2.5 years for spouse visa.

For fiance visa U get six months visa and get to UK and do registry and before the six months ends u apply for spouse visa which u will get 2.5 years. But you will spend more money.

U can also apply for marriage visa, come to UK and get married and go bk to Nigeria and apply for spouse visa

If your fiancé is able to come to Nigeria, u get married and apply for spouse visa.

The advantage of spouse visa is that u get 2.5 years and as soon as u get to UK, u can work immediately after u get y national insurance number. Then with spouse visa u pay your IHS ( immigration health surcharge) doing y visa process, which gives you access to medical for 2.5 years. But, when u apply for fiancé visa, u spent more money, for the visa u can't work with it and can't access medical for free, u will have to pay for it on each medical treatment. compared to when u pay all for spouse visa for 2.5 years

The requirements for spouse visa and fiancé visa is the same. Expect that fiancé visa does not require marriage certificate for visa process and no payment of IHS.
√Naric certificate: for test of English
√Tubaclois test done in Nigeria at the UK accredited clinic
√Means of communication either WhatsApp, email and Facebook
√Photos of marriage registry and photo taken together
√Marriage certificate and IHS payment ( for spouse visa)
√ your fiance must be working and earning £18,600 per year
√ six months payslips from fiancé
√six months SOA
√ Accommodation that will be ok for u and hubby and a letter from landlord that he is ok for two of you staying in his house

Check this link u can read through the UK spouse visa and if you get confuse, feel free to ask questions. . https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2
UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel - Nairaland Forum. NOTE :- this forum is where u can get all y answers for spouse,fiancé visa ....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 12:22pm On May 26, 2020
ghost3040:
Hello everyone.
I'm new to this thread and the whole immigration stuff, but I'm desperately on my toes to migrate.

BACKGROUND:
Bsc Accounting, ACA, ACCA, MBA(in professional accounting) from London Business School using my ACCA pathway.

So I'm considering taking this CIMA route since I stumbled on this thread.

QUESTIONS:

1. What are my chances(points) claimable considering my current qualifications.(Note; I claimed exemptions on my ACCA using my ACA, so I wrote four(4) papers...Strategic professional level.

2. Is my MBA valid?? Since its through ACCA gateway.

3. Is there an MRA for conversion of ACCA to CPA?

4. I've seen comments on writing just ba1 to ba4 in CIMA, but from the course content, there are 16 papers..please I need clarification on this.

5. What's the cost like (rough estimate) to complete everything on CIMA (All things being equal)..

Thanks
Why do you want to go for CIMA since you already have ACCA? Going for CIMA is a waste of time and money in your own case. Your Bsc, ACA, ACCA and MBA should give you enough points as per your education level.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisdolz1997: 3:34pm On May 26, 2020
Good day everyone please I wanna make inquiries about visiting visa thing,my younger brother of about 18 years old intend to visit the UK and I was thinking of being the sponsor from here but the issue is my surname and his is different due to some family reasons
Would that be a problem for me to sponsor him with my bank statement and stuff
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 3:54pm On May 26, 2020
Chrisdolz1997:
Good day everyone please I wanna make inquiries about visiting visa thing,my younger brother of about 18 years old intend to visit the UK and I was thinking of being the sponsor from here but the issue is my surname and his is different due to some family reasons
Thank you

Not going to be a problem. Explain to ECO in a cover letter and Just make sure you have all details to convince the ECO that he is y younger bros. Like pictures taken together, communication had together etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nadheer15: 4:18pm On May 26, 2020
Guys who stay in the UK, how's the future prospects for Biomedical Engineering? embarassed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 4:36pm On May 26, 2020
Nadheer15:
Guys who stay in the UK, how's the future prospects for Biomedical Engineering? embarassed

Most people on this forum are for visiting visa I guess. U can also post here on this link , there are mostly the people living in the UK.
https://www.nairaland.com/4158866/living-uk-life-uk-immigrant
Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Nairaland Forum
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chidiebere2020(m): 4:39pm On May 26, 2020
I'm just a normal hustler
Although I was settled 2yrs ago
Can 3 million naira be able to process visa to USA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 4:57pm On May 26, 2020
chidiebere2020:
I'm just a normal hustler
Although I was settled 2yrs ago
Can 3 million naira be able to process visa to USA

USA is not interested in your 3M. Like wise UK. UK visa is interested in you meeting their visa requirements and access you base on your personal and financial circumstances. If you want USA visa click on this link you will get information u need on USA visa process, this is UK forum. https://www.nairaland.com/5101710/usa-visit-visa-part-4
USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel - Nigeria - Nairaland Forum

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:34pm On May 26, 2020
Chrisdolz1997:
Thank you
Birth certificates from the both of you should prove this sibling relationship....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 6:18pm On May 26, 2020
Considering his age, it will be helpful to show a strong tie to Nigeria in his application like a letter from his university

Chrisdolz1997:
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisdolz1997: 7:00pm On May 26, 2020
Thanks for advice guys
Okay was thinking since I will have to provide all those documents which I have
I was also thinking maybe being sponsored by a parent would be of higher chance than me a sibling? If so I transfer all my funds gradually to my moms account
Any thoughts on that guys?
Thanks again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tajudeen40(m): 9:08pm On May 26, 2020
Visa application will be open June 1 for more info, tls contact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 26, 2020
Tajudeen40:
How true is this information? Can you post a screenshot of this information you saw on tls website for the house to see?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 9:59pm On May 26, 2020
Chrisdolz1997:
Thanks for advice guys
Okay was thinking since I will have to provide all those documents which I have
I was also thinking maybe being sponsored by a parent would be of higher chance than me a sibling? Not at all. It is best you do it by yourself if you have the job and income to sponsor. If so I transfer all my funds gradually to my moms account
Any thoughts on that guys? Better d'nt do that, the ECO will suspect the money transfer. If your mum is not working no need of her sponsoring y bros. Best you do it by your self if you meet all the requirements
Thanks again

See above responses in black. My own advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fridayemmexx(m): 10:01pm On May 26, 2020
dilodavid:
How true is this information? Can you post a screenshot of this information you saw on tls website for the house to see?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 10:03pm On May 26, 2020
Tajudeen40:

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.