Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438555 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
marymotions:
Na so una talk say Open university fake but go there now weda dem go take you. Go school if you wan go school and stop coming online to seek validation. Majority of the people here know little or nothing about online education. Online education is the future.

vicman1234:
History is not a criterial to judge the authenticity of an institution or individual, well we will probably say all start up businesses are fake. Learnforth is a new college and all new colleges takes time to get on ground. I got a diploma degree award from them and I am please with it.

Both of you registered today and all your posts are on this suspicious college that exist only online? Well done!

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
justwise:

Both of you registered today and all your posts are on this suspicious college that exist only online? Well done!
Lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
Jammed

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by xaco(m): 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
You guys are doing a great job.
I have a six months tourist visa which will expire in September, will it be reviewed since could not travel due to the covid19 pandemic?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by marymotions: 1:17am On Jun 20, 2020
I will remind you five years from now and you will be ashamed of your half-baked findings
justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:52am On Jun 20, 2020
marymotions:
I will remind you five years from now and you will be ashamed of your half-baked findings

Remind me now that this is not another mushroom university run from a bedroom setup to clean up unsuspecting foreign students.

The web and the physical address gave the game away.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Waleibrahim224: 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
Hello guys, hope you all are good. I applied for Uk visa with my mother and my sister sometimes June 2010, and Visa application which I don’t know if it was refused or not because till this moment we still don’t know the reason behind our refusal, even though we applied for the visa through a man who said he was an agent in this field and then he failed to tender the reason for our visa refusal to us. But I have the reference number (LAG - xxxxxx) written at the back of our passport. Please advise on what to do. Because I’m thinking of reapplying but I don’t know how to without the last application’s decision letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
justwise:

Lmao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
marymotions:

Lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 2:17am On Jun 21, 2020
Waleibrahim224:
Hello guys, hope you all are good. I applied for Uk visa with my mother and my sister sometimes June 2010, and Visa application which I don’t know if it was refused or not because till this moment we still don’t know the reason behind our refusal, even though we applied for the visa through a man who said he was an agent in this field and then he failed to tender the reason for our visa refusal to us. But I have the reference number (LAG - xxxxxx) written at the back of our passport. Please advise on what to do. Because I’m thinking of reapplying but I don’t know how to without the last application’s decision letter.

1. What was the exact words your agent told you when the refusal came through?

2. There is always a refusal decision letter. If your agent did not give it to you, there is high chance he applied on your behalf using fake documents and you were possibly banned and he tried hiding it. But then, it's been 10 years, so you can apply again.

3. You can try to reach out to the agent and see if he'll own up this time. Any information he can give is better than none.

4. When applying, be truthful in your application. This time, supply correct documents. Also, I hope your circumstance has changed in 10 years also. This will be one of the determinants of getting a visa this time.

Some other people on here might have other angle that will help you make informed decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Waleibrahim224: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2020
Thank you so much, I feel much relieved even though I served a ban I wasn’t supposed to have. because I was a minor then. But I’m sure I’m ready for a fresh application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jumokealaro: 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Am having the same 6 Month Visa Expiration as yours. If Nigeria doesn't open our airspace by August i will be traveling to Ghana to travel to the UK cause i don't want my Visa to expire. No one knows if renewal will come out positive. I need to take those pictures.
xaco:
I have a six months tourist visa which will expire in September, will it be reviewed since could not travel due to the covid19 pandemic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 11:13am On Jun 22, 2020
Waleibrahim224:
Thank you so much, I feel much relieved even though I served a ban I wasn’t supposed to have. because I was a minor then. But I’m sure I’m ready for a fresh application.

In that case...even better. Be truthful in your application and own up to it and state you were a minor and did not have the power to make decisions on your own.

Maybe some people on this forum will give you a better wording.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 11:15am On Jun 22, 2020
jumokealaro:
Am having the same 6 Month Visa Expiration as yours. If Nigeria doesn't open our airspace by August i will be traveling to Ghana to travel to the UK cause i don't want my Visa to expire. No one knows if renewal will come out positive. I need to take those pictures.

Your chances of getting a visa again is higher if your circumstance and document have not changed since you last applied.

All you need to state is that due to covid, you were Unable to travel as you were conforming to government guidelines.

I am not discouraging you from going through Ghana. Just letting you know you have the above option too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realone1917(m): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please house, I did the t.b test on march and it will expire on Sept, due to coronavirus issues. Can someone extend the expire date on it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
realone1917:
Please house, I did the t.b test on march and it will expire on Sept, due to coronavirus issues. Can someone extend the expire date on it.

Except the British Government comes out with a position on visa application with respect to those stuck due to matters such as these and other matters e.g expired CoS, I think we should just hope VACs in Nigeria are opened soonest.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Annettevoke(f): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hi house, please can i get the basic requirement for Uk visit visa. LIST?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
TLS just announced the opening of their centres for passport return services only. https://pos.tlscontact.com/los_en/ for those who are waiting to collect their passport or apply for the 30 days vignettes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chuksdavis(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
johnez1987:
TLS just announced the opening of their centres for passport return services only. https://pos.tlscontact.com/los_en/ for those who are waiting to collect their passport or apply for the 30 days vignettes

Very correct, I just checked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juwon21: 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
xaco:

Lets be hopeful that it will be reviewed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Does that means there's Hope for September resumption for Nigerians?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
Check https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/documents-you-must-provide

Annettevoke:
Hi house, please can i get the basic requirement for Uk visit visa. LIST?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kajolplus: 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good evening house.

Pls, does only a survey plan/registered survey sufficient as prove of landed property for visa application?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
Kajolplus:
Good evening house.

Pls, does only a survey plan/registered survey sufficient as prove of landed property for visa application?

Thank you.

Yes ..that's what I use too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by juliusocean(m): 10:25am On Jun 24, 2020
Hello house I want to apply for a visit visa I intend to use my company as a strong home ties but the issue is I work with my dad (now retired) he registered the company in his name my own name is not on the memorandum and Articles of the company how do I explain to the VO that I am the manager in charge now and not my dad though we bear same surname... Please help readers, gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
juliusocean:
Hello house I want to apply for a visit visa I intend to use my company as a strong home ties but the issue is I work with my dad (now retired) he registered the company in his name my own name is not on the memorandum and Articles of the company how do I explain to the VO that I am the manager in charge now and not my dad though we bear same surname... Please help readers, gurus

Manager Is just a slot in the company and not a shareholder. It is only shareholders name that is always on the Memorandum and Articles of the company..what you need to do is just to. present your Appointment and acceptance letter along with the other documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by juliusocean(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
glink2015:

Manager Is just a slot in the company and not a shareholder. It is only shareholders name that is always on the Memorandum and Articles of the company..what you need to do is just to. present your Appointment and acceptance letter along with the other documents
You mean
Appointment letter + acceptance+ my dad's company documents? Will it fly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
juliusocean:

You mean
Fly how? Sir if you were a visa officer and were assessing someone’s documents for visa, what would you like the person to provide to substantiate claims such as above?
please assess yours same way as this would help you to know what to add to solidify your case. There should always be documented evidence to prove anything and that is what u should produce.
Amongst other things your dad can write a letter with adjoining evidence to show proof of all u stated about urself being in charge
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by juliusocean(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2020
giselle237:

Fly how? Sir if you were a visa officer and were assessing someone’s documents for visa, what would you like the person to provide to substantiate claims such as above?
please assess yours same way as this would help you to know what to add to solidify your case. There should always be documented evidence to prove anything and that is what u should produce.
Amongst other things your dad can write a letter with adjoining evidence to show proof of all u stated about urself being in charge

Thanks alot the fear of rejection/denial can be very fustrating and overwhelming I hope you understand

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
Letter confirming your appointment (salary, position, employment start date etc.) and the approval of your proposed leave period (this should be your anticipated travel period), and official payslips which correlate with your salary inflow in your bank statements.
juliusocean:

You mean
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by juliusocean(m): 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
mimilyrics:
Letter confirming your appointment (salary, position, employment start date etc.) and the approval of your proposed leave period (this should be your anticipated travel period), and official payslips which correlate with your salary inflow in your bank statements.
Pls pardon me should I leave my dads cac documents behind even tho i run the company? I feel it would be a good boost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 8:07am On Jun 25, 2020
juliusocean:

Pls pardon me should I leave my dads cac documents behind even tho i run the company? I feel it would be a good boost?

If you run the company,it is a good point to state that as that tells you will come back to your business. The CAC is important and a letter from the company to say you head it and only going on holiday. A supportive letter from your dad will be helpful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.