Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,704 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1435322 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Billijoe: 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2020
Please Good day I wanna ask the best visa to apply for when going for British Army's Assessment.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by moskito36(m): 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
I sent a mail (paid enquiry) to UKVI to know the status of my application when I felt it's getting delayed and they replied that a decision has been made on the application. I am yet to get a mail for passport collection.
johnez1987:

I had my biometrics on March 19. A decision was not reached before the lockdown. Did you get an email from UKVI that your passport is ready for collection? How did UKVI confirm the decision to you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Agroblessing: 3:17am On Jul 05, 2020
Hello all, I would love to know if there is anyone that has gotten the UK Start Up Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2020
mimilyrics:
Only those with expired 30-days vignette will be able to apply for new vignettes to enable them travel. Nothing has been said about replacing non-immigrant visas which weren't used as a result of Covid-19.

sorry I mean the expired 30 days on the vignettes, who have applied and got reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
They aren't taking applications yet. A friend with a Tier 1 vignette is currently waiting for when the VACs will be open to applications to apply for a replacement vignette.
kcfastshooter:

sorry I mean the expired 30 days on the vignettes, who have applied and got reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Crochet: 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
Waiting list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EllenWy: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hello Everyone, please I’m new here and I’ll like to ask some questions as regards uk visa requirements;
1) please is there anything like a block account for keeping funds and submitting that account document during visa application?
2) Can I submit my waec result and to whom it may concern from my university (undergraduate) as English language proficiency as Im going in for a postgraduate program
3) Can someone please shed more like on the whole BRP process. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kolladey(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
EllenWy:
Hello Everyone, please I’m new here and I’ll like to ask some questions as regards uk visa requirements;
1) please is there anything like a block account for keeping funds and submitting that account document during visa application?
2) Can I submit my waec result and to whom it may concern from my university (undergraduate) as English language proficiency as Im going in for a postgraduate program
3) Can someone please shed more like on the whole BRP process. Thank you.
check the below thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5816163/uk-student-visa-tier-4/117

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
mimilyrics:
They aren't taking applications yet. A friend with a Tier 1 vignette is currently waiting for when the VACs will be open to applications to apply for a replacement vignette.

I dnt think think dat one have to do with the VAC office because they said its to email dem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
The email doesn't automatically put the new vignette on your passport. You'd still have to submit your passport and mail from UKVI at the VAC after which the VAC transfers your passport to the BHC for vignette printing.
kcfastshooter:

I dnt think think dat one have to do with the VAC office because they said its to email dem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 12:58am On Jul 06, 2020
mimilyrics:
The email doesn't automatically put the new vignette on your passport. You'd still have to submit your passport and mail from UKVI at the VAC after which the VAC transfers your passport to the BHC for vignette printing.

OK thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2020
pls any idea when the international flights are resuming?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
kcfastshooter:
pls any idea when the international flights are resuming?

lets see what will happen by month end......some of our politicians are hungry to go and treat themselves abroad and they will be mounting pressure underground
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
opomulero:

lets see what will happen by month end......some of our politicians are hungry to go and treat themselves abroad and they will be mounting pressure underground

OK thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
Am tiredoo, they didn't include nigeria in list of countries where tls contact visa services are too be reopened.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Rheminix:
Am tiredoo, they didn't include nigeria in list of countries where tls contact visa services are too be reopened.

Till international air travel restriction is lifted by reopening the airports, I am not sure TLS will resume fully. I think it is one of the basis for their office reopening. But the problem now is the backlog of applications when they finally open. Let's hope before the end of the month they will reopen. At least South Africa's office have now been reopened.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
dubaiprince:

Till international air travel restriction is lifted by reopening the airports, I am not sure TLS will resume fully. I think it is one of the basis for their office reopening. But the problem now is the backlog of applications when they finally open. Let's hope before the end of the month they will reopen. At least South Africa's office have now been reopened.
yeah brother, i think they will attend to people that booked appointments earlier before the lockdown before talking new applications...some of the countries they picked b4 has not released international flight ban..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pls lets disturb tls contact on LinkedIn i knw its little buh they might change their mind...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fridayemmexx(m): 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
i am always there ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olawax22: 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
Rheminix:
Pls lets disturb tls contact on LinkedIn i knw its little buh they might change their mind...

It’s not their mind it’s all about the mind of the mission so indirectly it’s the mission decision to reopen VAC not TLS decision.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
olawax22:

It’s not their mind it’s all about the mind of the mission so indirectly it’s the mission decision to reopen VAC not TLS decision.
They just replied me on LinkedIn that the UKVI in Nigeria has not opened yet so they can’t do anything. So we will have to wait till they reopen. I would suggest going under @ukinNigeria handle on twitter to tell them to allow for new applications and work on existing ones.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
johnez1987:

They just replied me on LinkedIn that the UKVI in Nigeria has not opened yet so they can’t do anything. So we will have to wait till they reopen. I would suggest going under @ukinNigeria handle on twitter to tell them to allow for new applications and work on existing ones.
Nice idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
johnez1987:

The world is still very much in a pandemic and mission stations would open up as soon as they are given clearance by their government not by Nigerians.
Sadly no amount of our pressuring or telling them anything would make a nation take decision in our interest against their country’s.
Exercise more patience

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 8:29am On Jul 07, 2020
giselle237:

The world is still very much in a pandemic and mission stations would open up as soon as they are given clearance by their government not by Nigerians.
Sadly no amount of our pressuring or telling them anything would make a nation take decision in our interest against their country’s.
Exercise more patience
I understand your point but since there has been movement and some places have it under control then they should allow essential travel. Attend to those who needs visa for essential travels etc. Someone should not lose their family or job because they don’t want to reopen now. Their work do not involve face to face interaction as much as possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2020
johnez1987:

I understand your point but since there has been movement and some places have it under control then they should allow essential travel. Attend to those who needs visa for essential travels etc. Someone should not lose their family or job because they don’t want to reopen now. Their work do not involve face to face interaction as much as possible.

I understand your pain. We are in the same boat. Let's hope everything opens soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2020
giselle237:

Exercise more patience
Another thing you should understand is that most government agencies try to look into issues when it’s all over social media. South Africa has not yet opened up their airports and also has a higher COVID case than Nigeria but they will start accepting new applications from next week. It’s because they are always vocal and active on their High Commissions twitter handle and also disturbing TLS on LinkedIn. Surely, one of their the top bosses will stumble on it and ask questions to know why things are being held up. So please contribute to making our petition visible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
Good day NL's,
is it compulsory d whole family show up at tls centre when reapplying for UK standard visitor visa the second time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
opomulero:
Good day NL's,
is it compulsory d whole family show up at tls centre when reapplying for UK standard visitor visa the second time?
Yes, for biometric and that's if the whole family is travelling.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pr0cter: 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
johnez1987:

Another thing you should understand is that most government agencies try to look into issues when it’s all over social media. South Africa has not yet opened up their airports and also has a higher COVID case than Nigeria but they will start accepting new applications from next week. It’s because they are always vocal and active on their High Commissions twitter handle and also disturbing TLS on LinkedIn. Surely, one of their the top bosses will stumble on it and ask questions to know why things are being held up. So please contribute to making our petition visible.

I wonder why Nigerian give themselves false hope.

It doesn't work that way, before any embassy can open they will have gotten directive from their country.

No embassy will open or attend to your application just because you are pestering them to do so.

I implore everyone to be patient and also pray that this pandemic comes to a stop so that we can all go about our activities.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
Pr0cter:

I wonder why Nigerian give themselves false hope.

It doesn't work that way, before any embassy can open they will have gotten directive from their country.

No embassy will open or attend to your application just because you are pestering them to do so.

I implore everyone to be patient and also pray that this pandemic comes to a stop so that we can all go about our activities.

I do think pressure from people can make them hasten up. Nigeria has removed lockdown so their not starting yet is not because their country has not directed them. I feel international flight not starting yet could be a factor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
johnez1987:

Can you post the link to tell them our minds. No harm in trying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.