Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438139 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ukay2: 7:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
Bamo2020:

Hmmm, I appreciate ur response. God bless u.

Oga Giselle237 has given you everything you need.

Please follow his advice and you will be fine.

All the best Sir.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2020
Good evening everyone, please the accommodation I booked has been cancelled and my appointment is coming up very soon. What can be done to remedy this situation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nogamz: 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2020
[quote author=johnez1987 post=92409727][/quote] I can't remember the link but you can search www.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nogamz: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2020
Africankel:

I think they do this now. I received a decision via email sometime during the lockdown. They stated that because the VAC was closed, they had no other option than to send the decision via email and promised to send the hard copy when work resumed.

Whats was the outcome of your application? when was your boimetric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 2:49am On Aug 04, 2020
Dolorsa:
Good evening everyone, please the accommodation I booked has been cancelled and my appointment is coming up very soon. What can be done to remedy this situation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 9:24am On Aug 04, 2020
Good morning house. Please what's the average wait time for visas now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisaham: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2020
Goodday house...pls I need clarification,I was scheduled for an appointment on the 28th of march with the UK Embassy..but prior to that time we went on lockdown..I want to know d next step
Are they going to reschedule me by them self or I should seek to refund and book another appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisaham: 10:06am On Aug 04, 2020
Cos they barely reply mails and am actually far from Lagos...I want to know if I should wait on them to give me another date or ask for a refund then I choose a date again by myself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2020
oyin000000:

Co-ask!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2020
chrisaham:
Cos they barely reply mails and am actually far from Lagos...I want to know if I should wait on them to give me another date or ask for a refund then I choose a date again by myself
Book another date.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisaham: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
famzynet:

Book another date.
that means I have to pay again visa fee#sobs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheAfrocalyse: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
nogamz:
[quote author=mimilyrics Goodmorning NairaLanders! I did my biometrics on the 19th of March before the lockdown. Tracked my application on the 30th of July and saw this! no email notification till date. Does it mean that visa was granted ? Just curious, I was told by a friend that also submitted before the lockdown that he got refusal via email. Is that the new norm to send refusal via email ? Has anyone experienced this before ? Hopefully I will get an email notification for pickup by next week.

I mentioned you yesterday but u didn’t reply. I message TLS and told them my tracking has been on “application transferred to Vac” since 30th. Barely 2hrs after the message, they sent me a message that my passport was ready for pickup.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ameey: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
@TheAfrocalyse please what kind of visa did you apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Are you people sure that the UKVI are even attending to people's visa application? Who has or knows someone that knows someone who got a visa decision made?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheAfrocalyse: 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ameey:
@TheAfrocalyse please what kind of visa did you apply for?

Tier 2
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nogamz: 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=TheAfrocalyse post=92449258][/quote]Same thing for me. I will pickup tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nogamz: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=TheAfrocalyse post=92417130][/quote]I submitted on the 17th of March and I’m also at the same tracking stage as you. I haven’t received any email from them yet also. Have you heard from them?

Sorry, I'm just seeing this message. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2020
johnez1987:
Are you people sure that the UKVI are even attending to people's visa application? Who has or knows someone that knows someone who got a visa decision made?
Someone posted on twitter that he submitted his application in March before the lockdown and that they contacted him last week for passport collection.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ameey: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
I also applied for tier 2 and did biometrics on 24th of March, I'm yet to hear from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tolani4real: 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
oyin000000:

This is not a normal period. The pandemic is affecting everything right now because most jobs reduce the number of employees at work at same time due to social distancing. This will affect the average processing time of visas

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Any update on replacement vignette after submitting passport to VAC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mwenhen: 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
johnez1987:
They are, I got a decision today.I’m expecting my passport from tomorrow because I paid for courier services. Mine is a tier 4 dependent visa, I did my biometrics February 28.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 2:12am On Aug 05, 2020
mwenhen:
They are, I got a decision today.I’m expecting my passport from tomorrow because I paid for courier services. Mine is a tier 4 dependent visa, I did my biometrics February 28.
ok great. A decision meaning u already know the outcome of ur application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dozieben2(m): 7:39am On Aug 05, 2020
Anyone knows if TLS Abuja is open on Fridays for passport collection?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 8:32am On Aug 05, 2020
dozieben2:
Anyone knows if TLS Abuja is open on Fridays for passport collection?
Nope. They only open from Tuesday to Thursday. https://pos.tlscontact.com/abv_en/address
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehigiamusoe19: 8:50am On Aug 05, 2020
Please how can I convert my documents to PDF before uploading on the TLS website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:07am On Aug 05, 2020
Download TinyScanner mobile app. Use it to scan, crop and save your scans as pdf. You can scan multiple pages and merge into one pdf file if a file is more than one page. i.e bank statements.
Ehigiamusoe19:
Please how can I convert my documents to PDF before uploading on the TLS website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2020
Please I need some tips, How is the future, I mean the Job opportunities for someone who study business administration here in Nigeria.

What are the chances of the person getting a good Job in UK under that field if the said person moved to UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:24am On Aug 05, 2020
Admin jobs are not in short supply and the skill required isn't in short supply either but you might not be able to get in at the level you desire depending on several factors. You can build up from whatever level you get in from though.
OBYNOWEST12:
Please I need some tips, How is the future, I mean the Job opportunities for someone who study business administration here in Nigeria.

What are the chances of the person getting a good Job in UK under that field if the said person moved to UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:50am On Aug 05, 2020
Ok, is there any good lucrative fields one with business administration degree can divert to in order to secure a good job.

mimilyrics:
Admin jobs are not in short supply and the skill required isn't in short supply either but you might not be able to get in at the level you desire depending on several factors. You can build up from whatever level you get in from though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bamo2020(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2020
giselle237:

In my honest opinion you should not apply now.
Actually the salary is 102k as that is what the application form question asks.
‘What is your salary after tax?’
Ur disposable income is actually 102 - 30 to 50k which leaves u with 52-72k monthly !
This can’t work ooo....
u can help urself with the business if you can be paying yourself say 200k monthly from there to help turn ur disposable income to about 252-272k with the inclusion of what’s left of ur salary.

Applying with the financial situation u explained, dey will find one story and help deny you d visa very well. U already have strike 1 from previous history.

Good morning bro
It just occurred to me that 90k out of the deductions goes to cooperative savings account, which I have access to anytime I want. Don't u think with that I can go ahead and apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.