Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438601 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
I dy hear say strike wan happen hh abeg i don book flight alrea2dy oo Oct 6
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 2:18am On Sep 28, 2020
Ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:50am On Sep 28, 2020
Rheminix:
I dy hear say strike wan happen hh abeg i don book flight alrea2dy oo Oct 6

I just stumbled on this...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 7:43am On Sep 28, 2020
Brightingsus:

I just stumbled on this...

Good for you, i knew that they wont go on that strike..no be NLC..mtshew
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hi guys, does anyone know if TLS has started operating their Flexi appointment (walk in service) at their VI office?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
tshoboy:
Hi guys, does anyone know if TLS walk in service now works?

definitely they will.....since the strike was suspended
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
opomulero:

definitely they will.....since the strike was suspended

Thanks for the response. Do you know if they now allow flexi appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=Rheminix post=94382079]I dy hear say strike wan happen hh abeg i don book flight alrea2dy oo Oct 6[ Hello Rehminix, Are you using turkish air on the 6 October?]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
Sorry pls house a friend need a serious advice. I want the gurus in the house to look into it. He got a visit visa and in the course of visiting from found a British citizen got her pregnant and his Visa is gonna expire next month ending so he wants to know if he can stay with his woman and if yes will his visa status change after the child birth ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by horlami2: 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
Just to encourage someone

Application on the 18th of March
Biometrics:11th August
Not straightforward mail: 26th of August.
Another Non straight forward mail on the 24th of September.
Pickup mail: Today 28th September (after 35 working days)
TLS ABUJA
Tier 2
God is forever faithful

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yemisih(f): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello house pls when applying for Tier 2 (main applicant and dependants together) if the principal applicant pay for priority does it extend to d dependants or their's ll be treated within d 15 working days range. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
Wales1111:
Sorry pls house a friend need a serious advice. I want the gurus in the house to look into it. He got a visit visa and in the course of visiting from found a British citizen got her pregnant and his Visa is gonna expire next month ending so he wants to know if he can stay with his woman and if yes will his visa status change after the child birth ?

Tell your friend to better come back to Nigeria and not to overstay. Nothing concern immigration pple if he got a British lady pregnant.

My advice, if the lady likes him she should come to Nigeria and get married to him in registry, then apply for spouse visa for him.

2nd advice, since the British girl friend is pregnant, y friend can come bk to Nigeria and apply for fiancé visa or marriage visa, this enables him to come to the UK and get Married,then apply for spouse visa (FLR).

For him to make application the girlfriend must be working and must meet all the requirements for spouse or fiancé visa to bring your friend in the UK.

However, if he chose to overstay, it will be very difficult for him to work to support the girl friend and this will spoil his immigration history.

His vistor visa can not change after child birth.

The only thing is if your friend decide to over stay, he might get a discretionary leave to remain in the UK because of his child, but the process takes long time for home office to consider your application under discretionary leave. It can be frustrated making application to home office for leave to remain in the UK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
congrat
horlami2:

TLS ABUJA
Tier 2
God is forever faithful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TimelessOrnamen: 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello House,

Thanks for your support always, cheesy

Please for the questions below on my 3 year old daughter's application, can i input what filled for my own application as i observed i need to fill an amount?

Do you have another income or any savings?
How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK?
What is the total amount of money you spend each month?
Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TimelessOrnamen: 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
Congratulations!
horlami2:

TLS ABUJA
Tier 2
God is forever faithful

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Yes he can stay, once the baby is born as a parent of a British citizen, he can get his leave to remain, let him get a lawyer over there to put him through..

quote author=Wales1111 post=94407671]Sorry pls house a friend need a serious advice. I want the gurus in the house to look into it. He got a visit visa and in the course of visiting from found a British citizen got her pregnant and his Visa is gonna expire next month ending so he wants to know if he can stay with his woman and if yes will his visa status change after the child birth ?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2020
geli12:

Yes he can stay, once the baby is born as a parent of a British citizen, he can get his leave to remain, let him get a lawyer over there to put him through..

quote author=Wales1111 post=94407671]Sorry pls house a friend need a serious advice. I want the gurus in the house to look into it. He got a visit visa and in the course of visiting from found a British citizen got her pregnant and his Visa is gonna expire next month ending so he wants to know if he can stay with his woman and if yes will his visa status change after the child birth ?
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hi everyone.

Please should coveretters for UK visas be handwriting or typed.

Also should they be signed?

Cc @justwise @Giselle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlycutebay(f): 8:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
ashieduplus:
Hi everyone.

Please should coveretters for UK visas be handwriting or typed.

Also should they be signed?

Cc @justwise @Giselle

Its should be typed , signed and dated with letter head.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
luvlycutebay:

Letterhead?

I mean the applicant letter.. the letter by the applicant to the entry clearance officer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaEEE: 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
Wales1111:

He can get liv to remain after child birth, but it will b a long wait to flr bcs its a 10years root
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=Oshare4u post=94406920][/quote]yes brother i am.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
Wales1111:

Tell your friend to take the excellent advice given by Monmarri.
Incidentally, discretionary leave is unlikely to work in your friend's case.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
ashieduplus:

Letterhead?

I mean the applicant letter.. the letter by the applicant to the entry clearance officer

No, it is not on a letterhead. It would be a standard formal letter, typed and signed by the applicant. Most people address it to the Deputy British High Commission in Warrington Crescent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2020
luvlycutebay:

No letter head please. Just address it to British high commission on Microsoft word and print out, then sign

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
geli12:

quote author=Wales1111 post=94407671]Sorry pls house a friend need a serious advice. I want the gurus in the house to look into it. He got a visit visa and in the course of visiting from found a British citizen got her pregnant and his Visa is gonna expire next month ending so he wants to know if he can stay with his woman and if yes will his visa status change after the child birth ?

Why encouraging him to overstay?? Do you know how long it will take him to get leave to remain? (More than 10 years), will he be able to get a decent job to take care of his pregnant girl friend?? He can only get a job of illegal immigrants and you know how tough UK is now.

The money he will use to pay a lawyer can be use to apply for Spouse or fiancé visa for him which is straight forward and within six years he becomes a citizen.

Note:- It is still possible for him to get leave to remain in the UK, but consider the stress and money involved to get it and to keep renewing his visa till 10years.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2020
Thanks house. I am so happy with the comments I am getting this will be of great help to him. My next question is that he only said he was going to visit for two weeks but he has spent 5 months. If he decides to leave the UK after 5 months despite having six months visa..I hope he won't be questioned why he stayed 5 months if he is reapplying for uk visa again ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
sad
Monmarri:

Tell your friend to better come back to Nigeria and not to overstay. Nothing concern immigration pple if he got a British lady pregnant.

My advice, if the lady likes him she should come to Nigeria and get married to him in registry, then apply for spouse visa for him.

2nd advice, since the British girl friend is pregnant, y friend can come bk to Nigeria and apply for fiancé visa or marriage visa, this enables him to come to the UK and get Married,then apply for spouse visa (FLR).

For him to make application the girlfriend must be working and must meet all the requirements for spouse or fiancé visa to bring your friend in the UK.

However, if he chose to overstay, it will be very difficult for him to work to support the girl friend and this will spoil his immigration history.

His vistor visa can not change after child birth.

The only thing is if your friend decide to over stay, he might get a discretionary leave to remain in the UK because of his child, but the process takes long time for home office to consider your application under discretionary leave. It can be frustrated making application to home office for leave to remain in the UK.
immigration man I sight you, say only what you know and keep mute on what you lack ideas!
he is not and will not be the first oberstayer in the UK.
the easiest rout to get 2and half years is having a British child. as soon as the child is birth he's entitled to fatherly care and" must "be granted within short period. however, the process for ilr and citizenship as you quoted may take upto ten years .
meanwhile, he must be in a good standing relationship with the lady otherwise she wouldn't want to relinquish her documents to back him.
adios amigos �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
Brightingsus:

No, it is not on a letterhead. It would be a standard formal letter, typed and signed by the applicant. Most people address it to the Deputy British High Commission in Warrington Crescent

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
Vasco1dagama:
sad immigration man I sight you, say only what you know and keep mute on what you lack ideas!
he is not and will not be the first oberstayer in the UK.
the easiest rout to get 2and half years is having a British child. as soon as the child is birth he's entitled to fatherly care and" must "be granted within short period. however, the process for ilr and citizenship as you quoted may take upto ten years .
meanwhile, he must be in a good standing relationship with the lady otherwise she wouldn't want to relinquish her documents to back him.
adios amigos �
Why the bolded na.. u could have advised the poster in ur own post na.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
Wales1111:
Wales1111:
Thanks house. I am so happy with the comments I am getting this will be of great help to him. My next question is that he only said he was going to visit for two weeks but he has spent 5 months. If he decides to leave the UK after 5 months despite having six months visa..I hope he won't be questioned why he stayed 5 months if he is reapplying for uk visa again ?
Wawu.
So within 5months he sought friendship or relationship, got the girl pregnant and wants to stay back... we know this scope.
Trust me he already has plans to stay back so all this our comments is not necessary. I can bet that even if we comment and give advice more than 200 times, he wull stick to his modus operandi. That’s ok. No judgements.
Anyway there’s a baby involved now, he won’t be denied the right to see/be with his child in the long run.
He should return to Nigeria, except he is comfortable been an overstayer... is the lady going to feed him for the period he will be illegal?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
good evening NL's,

Please do anyone know hotels or homestay where just one person can book 14 day quarantine stay in UK.
A guy will be travelling in a week hasnt booked any quarantine stay yet.

Kindly assist

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.