Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,522 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:06 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1421736 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 2:35am On Oct 10, 2020
Wales1111:
it's just his second day. He is not let out of his room. He is being served food in his room.
What's d name of the hotel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 3:50am On Oct 10, 2020
People have warned on here several times not to mix business funds with personal funds. You need to be paying yourself salary monthly from your business account to your savings. Do that for minimum of 6 months, that way you will be able to calculate your disposable income

kaampe1:
Good evening house, and thanks for all the help and support you give freely to those of us who are not so familiar with the system.
Please I like to ask, if it's OK to submit just my business statement of account since am an entrepreneur and not really on a fixed salary. Although I have a savings account but the acct balance isn't much since I usually spend everything I put there.
Again do I need a leave approval letter since am my own boss.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 3:58am On Oct 10, 2020
The cheapest taxi ride from Birmingham airport to Walsall by taxi can’t be lower than £20-30!!!

Wales1111:
he got himself a taxi . 10 pounds to be precise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 6:36am On Oct 10, 2020
[quote author=omopapa post=94786108]The cheapest taxi ride from Birmingham airport to Walsall by taxi can’t be lower than £20-30!!!

[/quote

The observation on price of taxi is irrelevant here, he has passed an important message concerning booking hotel reservation for quarantine. Lets appreciate him for that and stop dwelling on unnecessary issue.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 6:43am On Oct 10, 2020
Safiguy4u:

What's d name of the hotel?
spa hotel wallsall
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 6:44am On Oct 10, 2020
omopapa:
The cheapest taxi ride from Birmingham airport to Walsall by taxi can’t be lower than £20-30!!!

It was £45 on my last ride. Same Birmingham to Walsall.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 6:45am On Oct 10, 2020
omopapa:

that's the amount he told me.... My own trip is still December. So I am only reporting what he told me.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 6:47am On Oct 10, 2020
iyatrustee:

It was £45 on my last ride. Same Birmingham to Walsall.
hey house I just typed to him he said he paid 10 pounds for the taxi monitor to connect to the airport radar to be sure he is heading to the hotel. It's not his taxi fee...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 6:51am On Oct 10, 2020
Wales1111:
hey house I just typed to him he said he paid 10 pounds for the taxi monitor to connect to the airport radar to be sure he is ending to the hotel. It's not his taxi fee...

Not doubting your story bro. I once spent £15 from Walsall to Birmingham coach station too. Now i am thinking they overcharged me ni o! Boya i dey act too janded for dem ni and need to wise up grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 6:52am On Oct 10, 2020
I no come know how many monitors day involve now just to go on a trip and come back. He is my colleague at work we both were issued visa but we both can't leave office at the same time he has to come back before I travel. I have an uncle there that I will stay with he didnt...so he is staying in an hotel...so I am reporting what he is saying to me maybe it might be helpful....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by eyeshaveseen: 7:03am On Oct 10, 2020
Thanks for the update, but Birmingham is not a tourist attraction. His your friend in UK to write exam or something? We still need a Tourist POE transcript for people to know what's going on at the airport. Thanks
Wales1111:
This is a vital update on you all being afraid of using an hotel. A friend who intended to spend 7 days in the UK decided to go for 21days due to the self isolation....he booked an hotel in wallsall for 21 days with 14 days quarantine placed on his hotel reservation for one room and he then have another 7days in another room for his usual program stay. So they issued him two different reservations the same hotel....on the first 14 day reservation he has a monitor name ( a staff of the hotel on it) and mobile number. He arrived yesterday the hotel was called and the guy picked up and he is good now....he is in self isolation in the hotel cos he got to the UK yesterday. He went with Turkish airlines and he arrived in Birmingham airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 7:52am On Oct 10, 2020
eyeshaveseen:
Thanks for the update, but Birmingham is not a tourist attraction. His your friend in UK to write exam or something? We still need a Tourist POE transcript for people to know what's going on at the airport. Thanks
Birmingham na bad gettho for UK.
children behaves like thugs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:55am On Oct 10, 2020
eyeshaveseen:

What do you mean by Birmingham is not a tourist attraction For the sake of agreement let's say Birmingham is not a tourist attraction (whatever that means), Birmingham is still a commute away from London so can be used as a base (accommodation etc). That's on the assumption that you consider London a 'tourist attraction'.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by eyeshaveseen: 8:45am On Oct 10, 2020
I wonder o, the Heathrow airport is hot at the moment for tourist cause nobody will be policing you for the 14Days isolations once you're allowed into the country. We pray for this Corona Virus should go so everything can be ease.
Vasco1dagama:
Birmingham na bad gettho for UK.
children behaves like thugs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 10, 2020
omopapa:
People have warned on here several times not to mix business funds with personal funds. You need to be paying yourself salary monthly from your business account to your savings. Do that for minimum of 6 months, that way you will be able to calculate your disposable income

Please thank you for telling him this. @Kaampe1 listen to omopapa oo abeegg. I was ignorant, i applied twice for my mums visa with her business statement she was refused in 2019. now i want her to come this year , in september she started paying herself salary frm her business acount to her savings account. hopefully by february ending i shud process the applucation and hopefully its successful. please do the same to prevent stories that touches the heart.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dehiero: 10:25am On Oct 10, 2020
Irenenwaka:

Please thank you for telling him this. @Kaampe1 listen to omopapa oo abeegg. I was ignorant, i applied twice for my mums visa with her business statement she was refused in 2019. now i want her to come this year , in september she started paying herself salary frm her business acount to her savings account. hopefully by february ending i shud process the applucation and hopefully its successful. please do the same to prevent stories that touches the heart.
Let her run some payslips for herself too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 10:36am On Oct 10, 2020
It is relevant because someone that’s going via the same route might budget tenner and become stranded

[quote author=oak202 post=94787457][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 10:47am On Oct 10, 2020
Who says Birmingham isn’t a tourist city? There’s Aston Villa Stadium, Birmingham stadium, Cadbury chocolate factory, Jewellery Quarters (a whole street dedicated for jewelleries), Sea life, Bullring shopping centre and even Dudley zoo is few minutes away from Birmingham.

These are places you can mention when asked why Birmingham as your chosen city for holiday

eyeshaveseen:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2020
Good day house
I just completed UK tourist application forms and I have made payment.
Please how do I book an appointment ?
Am seeing priority service only and am actually travelling with my kids
Please what do I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by matt234: 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
I posted my story here in 2018, thanks to those that advised me @phardey @customised87 etc and thanks also to those that said I would never get a visa because I had been banned earlier from entering the UK because of deception.

So I applied for UK student visas in 2005 and 2007 and used deception and changed my identity in one of the applications. All the documents submitted were actually not originals. I was young and being misled by some stupid agents at that time.

In 2017 I met my wife who is a British citizen, we had a baby in 2018, he is also a British citizen and we got married in 2019 in Nigeria.
Few weeks ago, we decided that I applied for a UK visitor's visa to be able to visit them. I submitted the application and declared both previous applications. I wrote a cover letter detailing the deception, and I apologised for the behaviour. I explained how I had evolved over the years into a high profile professional working with one of the best oil companies in Nigeria.
Long story short, I was so surprised I got the visa few days ago; the application however took longer than normal, I assume they were making several checks and verifications.

Documents submitted
Int'l Passport - with 1 expired schengen visa and Dubai stamps
Marriage Cert
Letter from employer
Payslips - 3 months
Bank statement - 75m balance
Property documents
Copy of wife's UK passport
Copy of child's uk passport
wife's payslips
wife's bank statement
Pictures of family trips to Italy, Germany and Dubai - We went on 3 family trips in 2018 and 2019
Whatsapp conversations

I am posting my story because I am sure there are a lot of people in my shoes and they do not know how to go about their next application. Please just be as truthful and transparent as you can be; do not hide anything especially if they already have the information.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2020
Wales1111:
spa hotel wallsall
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2020
matt234:
I posted my story here in 2018, thanks to those that advised me @phardey @customised87 etc and thanks also to those that said I would never get a visa because I had been banned earlier from entering the UK because of deception.

So I applied for UK student visas in 2005 and 2007 and used deception and changed my identity in one of the applications. All the documents submitted were actually not originals. I was young and being misled by some stupid agents at that time.

In 2017 I met my wife who is a British citizen, we had a baby in 2018, he is also a British citizen and we got married in 2019 in Nigeria.
Few weeks ago, we decided that I applied for a UK visitor's visa to be able to visit them. I submitted the application and declared both previous applications. I wrote a cover letter detailing the deception, and I apologised for the behaviour. I explained how I had evolved over the years into a high profile professional working with one of the best oil companies in Nigeria.
Long story short, I was so surprised I got the visa few days ago; the application however took longer than normal, I assume they were making several checks and verifications.

Documents submitted
Int'l Passport - with 1 expired schengen visa and Dubai stamps
Marriage Cert
Letter from employer
Payslips - 3 months
Bank statement - 75m balance
Property documents
Copy of wife's UK passport
Copy of child's uk passport
wife's payslips
wife's bank statement
Pictures of family trips to Italy, Germany and Dubai - We went on 3 family trips in 2018 and 2019
Whatsapp conversations

I am posting my story because I am sure there are a lot of people in my shoes and they do not know how to go about their next application. Please just be as truthful and transparent as you can be; do not hide anything especially if they already have the information.

Congratulations bro..... Can you lend me the 5m change on top � I will return it back after my visa is issued ��

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
dehiero:

Let her run some payslips for herself too

Hello Dehiero, i have got a similar suggestion from someone......please do you know how she can do this?? and would any taxation need ot be shown on the payslip?(if yes what is the tax percentage in Nigeria).........Please how can she go about this payslip thingy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dehiero: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2020
Irenenwaka:

Hello Dehiero, i have got a similar suggestion from someone......please do you know how she can do this?? and would any taxation need ot be shown on the payslip?(if yes what is the tax percentage in Nigeria).........Please how can she go about this payslip thingy?
Ask her to get a payslip from someone and use the same format for hers as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2020
dehiero:

yes i have a sample of someone's payslip... i noticed tax is always deducted on payslips but i dont know what percentage was used.
so my mum pays herself 200k every month...the payslip shud include the gross pay nd then net pay will be 200k.
with not knowing what percentage to use, its impossible to get a gross pay

do you get?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2020
Irenenwaka:

Don't do that, its fraudulent act, you can't prepare your own payslip when you are running one man/woman business, that is scoring an own goal and self-deceiving.

The money your mum makes after expenses is her profit and not salary. She can keep record of her purchases, sales and profits. at the end of every months or weeks she move her profit from business account to savings and present these two accounts during her visa application.

Paying yourself salary for purpose of visa application is like setting your own exam questions, answer them then award yourself high marks.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2020
dehiero:

Stop this before you get someone banned by the embassy and this sort of dodgy advise will not work here.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2020
justwise:

Don't do that, its fraudulent act, you can't prepare your own payslip when you are running one man/woman business, that is scoring an own goal and self-deceiving.

The money your mum makes after expenses is her profit and not salary. She can keep record of her purchases, sales and profits. at the end of every months or weeks she move her profit from business account to savings and present these two accounts during her visa application.

Paying yourself salary for purpose of visa application is like setting your own exam questions, answer them then award yourself high marks.

instead of all these, why cant she be paying herself then use the receipt of tax paid to government as tax docs, believe u me , these oyinbo knows all this backyard tricks of running payslips etc, its better she pay herself, show how and what she pay herself monthly and use that govt tax receipt she normally pay to those council guy, this will make everything original and authentic. one hand visa don come o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2020
opomulero:

instead of all these, why cant she be paying herself then use the receipt of tax paid to government as tax docs, believe u me , these oyinbo knows all this backyard tricks of running payslips etc, its better she pay herself, show how and what she pay herself monthly and use that govt tax receipt she normally pay to those council guy, this will make everything original and authentic. one hand visa don come o

You don't pay yourself nothing..put the money aside as profit and avoid all these long story and forging attempts
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2020
justwise:

What’s the difference between preparing your own tax and intentionally paying yourself monthly salaries just to apply for a visa,it’s not fraud?! Lol! I think it’s a ‘Lazy’ procedure on the side of the Eco’s,We’re Nigerians,way of life and business runnings are different! It’s like when it’s not salary style account,they don’t understand it!

They need to do a thorough survey on Nigerians so as to know how to grade our applications properly! If you don’t know us,how would you be able to grade properly?

They spend so much time looking for what’s wrong instead of looking for ways to make it easier for people that actually qualify for a visa but doesn’t appear like it at first glance!

Telling grown family men and women to avoid putting so so monies in their account,transferring money up and down for months for visa! I get it! It’s the procedure,follow it or leave it! But UK people needs to do a re-study on Nigerians! You can’t use the style of a country that’s over 200yrs to grade a 60 year old country!

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
justwise:

Hello Justwise thank you for your input. it highly respected and appreciated. Firstly with this approach, i will be unable to provide an exact answer as to how much my mums monthly earning or annual earning is. i would be only able to make an estimate, as we all know the business structure in Nigeria, sales flunctuate severely each month hence profit fluctuation.

From the last 2 applications i made that was denied, i submitted her bank statement and i only estimated an annual income. the ECO claimed they couldnt prove my mum earns the claimed annual income from the bank statement which they saw....This is very true because a business person's income isnt as fixed as a white collar professional, so i wonder how i am expected to provide an annual incopme from a very fluctuated bank statement.

i think this is the biggest advantage white collar professionals has over business owners.

Justwise please do you see my point? This is just me trying to rub minds with you, if thats ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BiggestAmaju: 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
justwise:

Frankly, the quickest way for self employed to get their visa is by getting salaries into their savings account monthly. It gives you easy financial presentation. I tried all effort using joint company and profit as explained by Just Wise but got refused 4 times. I took time to pay myself and submitted and got the visa. Sometimes you try to explain to the best of your knowledge and the VO might get a different view. There is nothing wrong paying your self a defined monthly salary as long as the business is stable and running well.

If it has worked for others it can work for her too. Paying your self from your own business isn't a fraud.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.