Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438358 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2020
[quote author=BiggestAmaju post=94812730][/quote]

same experience for my mum when she was denied the last 2 times....sorry biggest amaju, when you were finally granted a visa did you create payslips for yourself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2020
UhnNah:

What’s the difference between preparing your own tax and intentionally paying yourself monthly salaries just to apply for a visa,it’s not fraud?! Lol! I think it’s a ‘Lazy’ procedure on the side of the Eco’s,We’re Nigerians,way of life and business runnings are different! It’s like when it’s not salary style account,they don’t understand it!

They need to do a thorough survey on Nigerians so as to know how to grade our applications properly! If you don’t know us,how would you be able to grade properly?

They spend so much time looking for what’s wrong instead of looking for ways to make it easier for people that actually qualify for a visa but doesn’t appear like it at first glance!

Telling grown family men and women to avoid putting so so monies in their account,transferring money up and down for months for visa! I get it! It’s the procedure,follow it or leave it! But UK people needs to do a re-study on Nigerians! You can’t use the style of a country that’s over 200yrs to grade a 60 year old country!

Where did i mention anything about preparing tax paper?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2020
Irenenwaka:

Hello Justwise thank you for your input. it highly respected and appreciated. Firstly with this approach, i will be unable to provide an exact answer as to how much my mums monthly earning or annual earning is. i would be only able to make an estimate, as we all know the business structure in Nigeria, sales flunctuate severely each month hence profit fluctuation.

From the last 2 applications i made that was denied, i submitted her bank statement and i only estimated an annual income. the ECO claimed they couldnt prove my mum earns the claimed annual income from the bank statement which they saw....This is very true because a business person's income isnt as fixed as a white collar professional, so i wonder how i am expected to provide an annual incopme from a very fluctuated bank statement.

i think this is the biggest advantage white collar professionals has over business owners.

Justwise please do you see my point? This is just me trying to rub minds with you, if thats ok

You can answer all those questions to the later truthfully if like i said before she keeps purchase and sales records.

Yes her income will fluctuate from time to time but her record of sales and transfer to her savings account will reflect that.

Business around the world fluctuate and the embassy knows that, so this is not about Nigerian thing.

E.g..the question like..what is her monthly/yearly income, you state that her income fluctuates and point their attention to her bank transfers as an evidence.

You can easily get her average income for a month or year by dividing her total income.

The ECO is right, you can't state figures without presenting evidences how those figures come about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
justwise:

Where did i mention anything about preparing tax paper?

Your name is ‘justwise’,pls don’t let me down! Reread my comment till you get the answer to your question!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
UhnNah:

Your name is ‘justwise’,pls don’t let me down! Reread my comment till you get the answer to your question!

..smh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BiggestAmaju: 5:28am On Oct 11, 2020
Irenenwaka:

same experience for my mum when she was denied the last 2 times....sorry biggest amaju, when you were finally granted a visa did you create payslips for yourself?

Once she starts getting monthly salary from her business she can fix that into the pay slip and must correspond with her monthly earning. That's the language they understand easily.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sandra45(f): 8:25am On Oct 11, 2020
Case closed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:51am On Oct 11, 2020
Sandra45:
Please I really need you people help,my mom is a citizen in UK and she has a family there and now she wants to take me there,she's sorting things with her lawyer but my main concern is that she show little or no care about the process here in Nigeria,there's no agent helping me out just me n my aunt and she keep saying once they do a DNA test nothing matters but a part of me don't believe that. I'm to go to the embassy on the 20th for that n she asked I bring a tenancy agreement from my Aunt,the issue is this my Aunt stays in a one room n parlor self contain and my mom filled it out there that she stays in 2room self contain since she's single. Now my question is this,is the embassy going to come to the house for inspection? Please urgent reply
Pls dont sound tht way ... saying she doesnt care... she doesn’t need any agent to do anything for her and I hop that you get the picture too that you dont need them. They cause more harm than good. She has a lawyer that is guiding her, allow them work out the application to the best of their ability... the gurus in the house will guide you further as per the house inspection question u asked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kinpelz:
Good afternoon,

Please for those traveling to the UK soon, is there any requirement to do covid test?

I am travelling with BA and there is no requirement for this. However, I have heard people say they were asked at the airport. Please anyone with information on this?

Please I will like to confirm if COVID test is required for Lagos - London trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MizMary: 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
Please all the gurus in the house,help me clarify something...
What are the chances of a 21 year old who just finished school and is waiting for youth service,in getting a visitor visa if she is visiting her uncle and his wife who are both doctors in the UK?
Or
What are the chances, compared to the scenario above, if this same girl, applies with her mum who has a government job with lots of ties to Nigeria , with the application stating that they both will be staying for just 2 weeks...
NB: Her father is a lecturer in a Nigerian university and her mum is a secondary school teacher,but she ll be sponsored by her uncle who she is visiting...
Pls I need to urgent and candid response.
Thank you all!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2020
I just pray this lockdown don't affect us that are about to go in December. I have already book flight o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
BiggestAmaju:

Once she starts getting monthly salary from her business she can fix that into the pay slip and must correspond with her monthly earning. That's the language they understand easily.

Hello bro, pls for example in a payslip, between gross pay and total net, which of the two is the person monthly income that will be stated on the employment letter??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MizMary: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
MizMary:
Please all the gurus in the house,help me clarify something...
What are the chances of a 21 year old who just finished school and is waiting for youth service,in getting a visitor visa if she is visiting her uncle and his wife who are both doctors in the UK?
Or
What are the chances, compared to the scenario above, if this same girl, applies with her mum who has a government job with lots of ties to Nigeria , with the application stating that they both will be staying for just 2 weeks...
NB: Her father is a lecturer in a Nigerian university and her mum is a secondary school teacher,but she ll be sponsored by her uncle who she is visiting...
Pls I need to urgent and candid response.
Thank you all!
Pls everyone help!☝�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MT: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
Irenenwaka:

Hello Justwise thank you for your input. it highly respected and appreciated. Firstly with this approach, i will be unable to provide an exact answer as to how much my mums monthly earning or annual earning is. i would be only able to make an estimate, as we all know the business structure in Nigeria, sales flunctuate severely each month hence profit fluctuation.

From the last 2 applications i made that was denied, i submitted her bank statement and i only estimated an annual income. the ECO claimed they couldnt prove my mum earns the claimed annual income from the bank statement which they saw....This is very true because a business person's income isnt as fixed as a white collar professional, so i wonder how i am expected to provide an annual incopme from a very fluctuated bank statement.

i think this is the biggest advantage white collar professionals has over business owners.

Justwise please do you see my point? This is just me trying to rub minds with you, if thats ok

I will advise she pays herself salary from the company account. There is nothing wrong in you owning a business and you get paid from the company account. If you go the route of paying profit into another account , there is likelihood you will end up with the same result. These people are lazy and don't have much time to spend on an application

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MT: 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
justwise:

You can answer all those questions to the later truthfully if like i said before she keeps purchase and sales records.

Yes her income will fluctuate from time to time but her record of sales and transfer to her savings account will reflect that.

Business around the world fluctuate and the embassy knows that, so this is not about Nigerian thing.

E.g..the question like..what is her monthly/yearly income, you state that her income fluctuates and point their attention to her bank transfers as an evidence.

You can easily get her average income for a month or year by dividing her total income.

The ECO is right, you can't state figures without presenting evidences how those figures come about.

I am sorry the ECO was not right. Let's stop making excuses for them. I have experienced it with my mum and dragged it with them till they issued the visa. Like someone says, they simply don't understand how we run our affairs in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
MT:

I am sorry the ECO was not right. Let's stop making excuses for them. I have experienced it with my mum and dragged it with them till they issued the visa. Like someone says, they simply don't understand how we run our affairs in Nigeria.

They do because they live and work in the same country and have seen thousands if not millions of applications.

Its down to the applicant to details the nature of his or her business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by warrenweste(m): 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
BiggestAmaju:

Frankly, the quickest way for self employed to get their visa is by getting salaries into their savings account monthly. It gives you easy financial presentation. I tried all effort using joint company and profit as explained by Just Wise but got refused 4 times. I took time to pay myself and submitted and got the visa. Sometimes you try to explain to the best of your knowledge and the VO might get a different view. There is nothing wrong paying your self a defined monthly salary as long as the business is stable and running well.

If it has worked for others it can work for her too. Paying your self from your own business isn't a fraud.

Pls What if you're using your personal account for the business and also if you have a relative that wants to send a letter of invitation and
her statement of account for you ..do I stand a chance .?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MT: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

They do because they live and work in the same country and have seen thousands if not millions of applications.

Its down to the applicant to details the nature of his or her business.

I am sorry but I beg to differ. They make their decisions in their country and most of them just got the awareness of Nigeria through theory and not practical experience. They are civil servants who sometimes don't care . I have been to the Home office many times and people will be shocked the quality of people that make decisions on their cases - most of them look so tattered and unkempt. Sometimes they are just NOT bothered. They make mistakes. I laugh when i see people attempting to pin the issue on the applicant most times. These guys are NOT perfect either as people may seem to make it look here.

I feel getting visa is like going to court to argue your case. No size fits all. Every Mallam with his own kettle. Just present your case the best you can, don't be desperate about it, block all the loopholes and be ready for a "fight", if need be. Don't just roll over. It is stressful to apply for visa in Nigeria with the amount of documents to submit, and it is never like that in other parts of the world. Nigeria needs to get better so that when they throw us free visa, we will even ignore them.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2020
MT:

I am sorry but I beg to differ. They make their decisions in their country and most of them just got the awareness of Nigeria through theory and not practical experience. They are civil servants who sometimes don't care . I have been to the Home office many times and people will be shocked the quality of people that make decisions on their cases - most of them look so tattered and unkempt. Sometimes they are just NOT bothered. They make mistakes. I laugh when i see people attempting to pin the issue on the applicant most times. These guys are NOT perfect either as people may seem to make it look here.

I feel getting visa is like going to court to argue your case. No size fits all. Every Mallam with his own kettle. Just present your case the best you can, don't be desperate about it, block all the loopholes and be ready for a "fight", if need be. Don't just roll over. It is stressful to apply for visa in Nigeria with the amount of documents to submit, and it is never like that in other parts of the world. Nigeria needs to get better so that when they throw us free visa, we will even ignore them.

The look of somebody got nothing to do with his or her decision making ability

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
Dear friend I am asking on behalf of a friend, He lives in Ghana why his wife lives in the UK, the wife is a British citizen but not yet ready to bing her hubby to the UK bc she has not met her financial requirement for spouse visa. The hubby wants to visit her this Xmas , can he apply for visiting visa? Will the ECO ask why he doesn't want to join his wife? I learnt that some people have been refused visa bc of saying their partner is in the UK. Pls house how can he convince the ECO, that he is only visiting and will not overstay bc of his wife. I will appreciate responses. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MT: 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
justwise:

The look of somebody got nothing to do with his or her decision making ability

Agreed. Just saying that people here have exaggerated opinion about them. They are just on a little higher pedestal than Nigeria Civil servant. Trust me. People attempt to look for excuses on the applicant when it's the ECO that obviously made a mistake. Civil servants seem to have almost the same mindset anywhere. There are things I cant divulge here that i have first hand information about but thinking these people are just next to Angel is far from the truth. For visa applicant, do your best and leave the rest. Life doesnt end when you are refused a visa. My 2cent

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BiggestAmaju: 3:41am On Oct 12, 2020
alert20:

Hello bro, pls for example in a payslip, between gross pay and total net, which of the two is the person monthly income that will be stated on the employment letter??

She does not need employment letter. All she need is the business registration document to show she own the business. She must avoid lodgment of any kind. Just point out her monthly pay and expenses. The easiest way is to get a defined earnings. This people just need easy presentation of your personal account. They don't trust anything business account. For our approved 5 years visa I didn't include my business account in the application. I submitted my company documents and my personal account showing my monthly earnings. I applied with my family too. That's easy for them to see that though I have a registered business (company) I still have personal earnings that won't be spent on investments.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tochie2o19: 8:24am On Oct 12, 2020
Good morning all. Please I need your collective help. Can someone get a Malta passport from Nigeria here, (through an agent) and use it to travel to London or Canada or Finland or the US? Please has anyone this experience b4 here. I need ur help please. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:34am On Oct 12, 2020
Tochie2o19:
Good morning all. Please I need your collective help. Can someone get a Malta passport from Nigeria here, (through an agent) and use it to travel to London or Canada or Finland or the US? Please has anyone this experience b4 here. I need ur help please. Thanks in advance.
You better run away from such scammers.... dont go and get yourself in a mess and get arrested . Hope the agent and his wife and all his children can show you their own Maltese passport too? Hiss

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by miiday1: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2020
I already did this and was told a decision has been made and the issue will be escalated to the relevant department.
Ameey:
Make a formal complaint to home office about your inability to receive a decision on your visa application. They'll take it up from there.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:18am On Oct 12, 2020
Tochie2o19:

It’s a scam and will land you in police station in no time. To get Malta passport through investment it will cost you millions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:19am On Oct 12, 2020
BiggestAmaju:

She does not need employment letter. All she need is the business registration document to show she own the business. She must avoid lodgment of any kind. Just point out her monthly pay and expenses. The easiest way is to get a defined earnings. This people just need easy presentation of your personal account. They don't trust anything business account. For our approved 5 years visa I didn't include my business account in the application. I submitted my company documents and my personal account showing my monthly earnings. I applied with my family too. That's easy for them to see that though I have a registered business (company) I still have personal earnings that won't be spent on investments.

That Is not true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2020
Tochie2o19:

Nigerians are easy to deceive. Our people will fall for any story
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
Tochie2o19:
I know someone personally that do this passport with close to 2m Las Las he no travel go anywhere na scam but the passport look real I will advice you to go and watch channel 132 on dstv so you can know the length of your jail if you try to use it to enter another country
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by zeegruul: 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
iretiogo1:
I know someone personally that do this passport with close to 2m Las Las he no travel go anywhere na scam but the passport look real I will advice you to go and watch channel 132 on dstv so you can know the length of your jail if you try to use it to enter another country
You better use your Naija passport jeje and enjoy your life jejely
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
iretiogo1:

Border security grin cheesy My favourite channel lately!

Those CBP guys dey mad gan, how they detect things dey baffle me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.