Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,189 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1421304 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
Lizkf:
Well done to all the gurus in the house. I am a silent reader and I must confess you guys are top-notch. Please how best can I address error made on my application while filling *total money I make In a year*. I erroneously stated only house keep allowance without adding my salary. I have submitted the application but yet to upload the supporting documents. Please can I include a letter to address this error while uploading my documents? Or how best can I rectify the situation since I can't access the form again for correction.
U can cancel the existing application that has d error and start again. U should be refunded in 2 to 4 weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lizkf: 10:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
Oggg:

U can cancel the existing application that has d error and start again. U should be refunded in 2 to 4 weeks.
Thank you for the response @ Oggg. Please will I still be able to use my appointment date? I'm booked for biometric on Tuesday and the letter of invitation is dated almost a month ago.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ukay2: 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
Lizkf:

Thank you for the response @ Oggg. Please will I still be able to use my appointment date? I'm booked for biometric on Tuesday and the letter of invitation is dated almost a month ago.

Once you cancel the application with the error, everything including your appointment is cancelled.

Your new application will get a new appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lizkf: 3:36am On Dec 21, 2020
ukay2:

Once you cancel the application with the error, everything including your appointment is cancelled.

Your new application will get a new appointment

Thanks for your response @ukay2. I do appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2020
I just wanted to find out, has anybody come into UK through London Heathrow airport with a visitor visa since the 20th Dec

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MumBee3: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2020
Ok , i thought as much too but I wasn't too sure. Thanks for your response.

Not an expert though but I don’t think your US interview has any effect on your UK application now. Since you were not denied, it’s actually a good thing. You can try to apply normally and tell UK the truth about your ban which i’m sure it has elapsed. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MumBee3: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2020
More advice on this please.

MumBee3:
Hello everyone, Merry Christmas in advance. Please I need your opinion, advice and suggestions �.

I did my masters in UK 2013 and few months to the end of my student visa I was mislead to do sham marriage to enable me stay. It backfired and I was on trial and sentenced to 10months.

A week before the end of the sentence I received a notice that I might be deported as my visa had expired the previous month. I was advised to either get an immigration lawyer or voluntary departure with the help of a token (£1000 or £1,500) i really can't remember, and 5yrs ban from entry uk.

I choose to leave voluntarily instead, i signed and I was paid the token then in 2014.
Please note: other 2 girls that was in the same kind of issue with me decided to take immigration lawyers and stayed back while i left for naija.

Thank God I had my masters certificate so I got a job with a very good company some months after. I got married and got pregnant, then my inlaw invited me to come and have my baby in U.S �‍♀️.

I applied for U.S B2 visa in 2018 without answering yes to been deported from other country cos I thought I was the one who choose to leave voluntarily. I got the 2yrs b2 visa and had my 1st and 2nd baby before the visa expires. Please note: I paid all my bills.

Now to the main issue; its been over 6yrs since the whole UK issue, I'm thinking of applying for a UK visit visa with my 2 kids to visit my anuty next year for her 60th birthday.
Please what are my chances?? Will they know that I didnt tell the U.S immigration team, that I lied about been removed hence me having 2 U.S citizen kids

I'm sorry for the long post. I just wanted to fill you all in so that you advice me accordingly. Pls help �. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by narpheesarh: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
narpheesarh:

Dear Gurus. Thanks to those that have responded. I really appreciate. Lastly I want to confirm again if their bank statements are necessary or not, since my husband will fully sponsor.
My dad retired in August, 2020 but they have not determined how much pension he will receive nor have they paid any to him yet.if he is to submit a bank statement, what statement will he submit. N.B. he runs like a small private estate management business, has block industry where he gets some income, and recently opened a hostel he built where he gets yearly rental payment. However i'm sure the in flow in his savings account will be irregular, as he doesn't have a separate account for all these businesses he does.
Secondly, when filling the employment status section. Should he fill self employed or retired?
Dear House please I'm still expecting a response on this. My husband will fully sponsor his trip. If it is necessary for my dad to include his bank statement, (considering that he has not received any pension yet), can he still submit his salary account statement, or should he include his savings account with irregular funds? May God bless you all for the good work
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horus(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUCUe-ydBw

UK travel bans as New Covid Mutant Virus 'Out of Control'
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rohzeez: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
Good day house, please i will like to make enquiry about one issue, i once applied for USA visa in 2016 but was refused and I've lost the refusal letter, i want to apply for UK now and a friend told me i need to fill the column that i was once denied visa which i dont have the copy again, please house, how can i go about it cos i don't know if uk will ask me to upload the refusal letter which i dont have .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
Rohzeez:
Good day house, please i will like to make enquiry about one issue, i once applied for USA visa in 2016 but was refused and I've lost the refusal letter, i want to apply for UK now and a friend told me i need to fill the column that i was once denied visa which i dont have the copy again, please house, how can i go about it cos i don't know if uk will ask me to upload the refusal letter which i dont have .

No, they won't.
They will only ask for the month, year and reason for refusal

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
narpheesarh:
Dear Gurus in the house. My husband plan to invite my parents and sponsor the trip including flights. They will also be staying with us at our house when they arrive. My dad is retired but now runs a business. My mum also run her own small business. Will both of them be required to submit their bank statements since it's my husband sponsorsing the trip. Their bank statements will likely have irregular funds due to business, and I'm afraid it may affect their application. Could you please advice. Many thanks

To avoid long story which may sound complicating to the ECO, he should avoid including his statement of account and he should attach an evidence of retirement and also documents to show strong ties to Nigeria.

Since your husband will be sponsoring he can attach statement of account, evidence of citizenship, house document in the uk and other relevant document.

Most importantly proof of relationship to you, family pics etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
MumBee3:

Don't let what you filled in your US visa application form bother you, just make sure you are truthful in your UK visa application and don't hide any information.

That's all I can say here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by narpheesarh: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sego12345:

To avoid long story which may sound complicating to the ECO, he should attach an evidence of retirement and also documents to show strong ties to Nigeria.

Since your husband will be sponsoring he can attach statement of account, evidence of citizenship, house document in the uk and other relevant document.

Most importantly proof of relationship to you, family pics etc

Thank you Sego12345. We will be attaching all that. My fear is, I hope it won't be an issue if he doesn't submit his bank statement since he has not started receiving pension. I hope the ECO will not consider his personal financial circumstance.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
Lizkf:

No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
narpheesarh:

Thank you Sego12345. We will be attaching all that. My fear is, I hope it won't be an issue if he doesn't submit his bank statement since he has not started receiving pension. I hope the ECO will not consider his personal financial circumstance.

Thanks

Not at all. Since he is attaching an evidence of retirement and hope he has documents to show strong ties like properties etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by narpheesarh: 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sego12345:

Not at all. Since he his attaching an evidence of retirement and hope he have documents to show strong ties like properties etc

Yes. He has documents to show he has strong ties. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
Good evening house, pls is it adviceable to send a message to TLS on their website asking them an update on my visa cos tomorrow ll make it 17 working days and I haven't heard from them..Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ukay2: 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pristinegold:
Good evening house, pls is it adviceable to send a message to TLS on their website asking them an update on my visa cos tomorrow ll make it 17 working days and I haven't heard from them..Thanks

Possible

Have you tracked it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
Yes I have tracked it on TLS app but showing application transferred to decision making center
ukay2:

Possible

Have you tracked it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ukay2: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pristinegold:
Yes I have tracked it on TLS app but showing application transferred to decision making center

So you will wait until it comes back to VAC (TLSCONTACT)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pristinegold:

Send a paid message to UKVI. At this stage there is nothing tls can do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ok thanks
ukay2:

So you will wait until it comes back to VAC (TLSCONTACT)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 10:14pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ok thanks...I wld do that tomorrow.
Sego12345:

Send a paid message to UKVI. At this stage there is nothing tls can do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hi gurus, I'm on tier 2 visa and booked for Turkish flight first week of January. The flight will get to turkey before leaving for UK the following day.. I just heard turkey has canceled flights to and from the UK..

What should I do

Can I contact turkish airline?
Will they flight be canceled?

Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 12:32am On Dec 22, 2020
MumBee3:

They won’t know. Whenever you apply for UK visa make sure you write about your UK immigration issue in the additional information section or in your cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tmeeto: 1:01am On Dec 22, 2020
Good day everyone. Compliments of the season.

Has anyone successfully paid for the Uk visa fee using paga verve?

Secondly, when you use your Naira master/Visa card are the fees deducted/debited at black market rate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Prettyfranca: 3:59am On Dec 22, 2020
Nnemomatina:
Hi gurus, I'm on tier 2 visa and booked for Turkish flight first week of January. The flight will get to turkey before leaving for UK the following day.. I just heard turkey has canceled flights to and from the UK..

What should I do

Can I contact turkish airline?
Will they flight be canceled?

Please help

I will be flying with Turkish airline on 30th too,they haven’t sent any mail to me about cancellations or anything like that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tellalexander: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2020
Hello to y’all, I will like to ask if I can use a Nigerian bank account to pay tuition fees to an European university account. A reply will be much appreciated because this is urgent considering the fact that i have limited time!
and if yes, how long will it take for it to drop at the European University?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
Just go to the bank. They will sort it out
tellalexander:
Hello to y’all, I will like to ask if I can use a Nigerian bank account to pay tuition fees to an European university account. A reply will be much appreciated because this is urgent considering the fact that i have limited time!
and if yes, how long will it take for it to drop at the European University?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
Prettyfranca:

I will be flying with Turkish airline on 30th too,they haven’t sent any mail to me about cancellations or anything like that.

OK, please if you get any information, please let me know.. Thanks.

And again, am I supposed to check in online and book for seat?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2020
Good afternoon, I just called now and I was told decision has been made but I haven't received any email yet....What should I do now pls ??
Today made it 17 working days
Pristinegold:
Ok thanks...I wld do that tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.