Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438146 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by neurosally(f): 8:28am On Feb 16, 2021
graceodini:

I used Ethiopia airline and bought the ticket then for almost 259k.

Please did they serve food inflight? Or was it refreshment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dulahi770: 9:26am On Feb 16, 2021
Please, who is coming to Nigeria from London?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 12:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
neurosally:

Please did they serve food inflight? Or was it refreshment?

Food
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
wallex1983:
Good morning.
Please what could have been the course of this delay and how can I go about it?
Biometric had been done since October 2020 for a Tier 5 visa. Up till now, no response from them. Several mails have been sent.
They keep saying they are escalating the complaints.
Who can I call?
Would it be a good idea to go to the TLS office?
Send an email to the complaints email.
Tls cnt help u if the passport is not yet back there, they are just for the services and not the ones that issue visas not have anythin close with issuing visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 6:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
Barter by Flutterwave which allows you to create virtual dollar cards to use

customised87:

Please Barterwave same as flutter wave? Cos I googled barterwave and it’s flutterwave that is popping up.
Kindly give me the link to barterwave

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
Good evening house. Last year December requested to go and spend d Christmas with my friend and wrote to stay for 2weeks, I was not given the Visa last year and the time am suppose to travel for Christmas elapsed so I couldn't go. I was later given 6months visa this year January after I thought they will not give me again.. I need to use it before it expires and i decided to visit the same my family friend that invited me for last year December Christmas with it for this Easter travelling late march. My question is that can I stay for 4weeks that's 30days since I will have to quarantine for 15days indoor in her house, and use the other days 15days to explore. Because if am to be indoors for 10days that means nothing is left again for the 2weeks . Will it affect my next renewal. Kindly advise thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bimpei: 9:06am On Feb 17, 2021
Pls, is there anyone that submitted application on 26th of jan at VI(Standard) and gotten collection or decision mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sweetkid: 9:15am On Feb 17, 2021
Anyone here who needs a male roommate in London? Kindly reply

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 9:16am On Feb 17, 2021
Pls someone should assist thank you
Christabeliciou:
Good evening house. Last year December requested to go and spend d Christmas with my friend and wrote to stay for 2weeks, I was not given the Visa last year and the time am suppose to travel for Christmas elapsed so I couldn't go. I was later given 6months visa this year January after I thought they will not give me again.. I need to use it before it expires and i decided to visit the same my family friend that invited me for last year December Christmas with it for this Easter travelling late march. My question is that can I stay for 4weeks that's 30days since I will have to quarantine for 15days indoor in her house, and use the other days 15days to explore. Because if am to be indoors for 10days that means nothing is left again for the 2weeks . Will it affect my next renewal. Kindly advise thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 17, 2021
Sweetkid:
Anyone here who needs a male roommate in London? Kindly reply

Yesss ....Pm me sweetkid
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pepperoni001: 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2021
Good Morning House:

My brother who works in a bank as a contract staff is intending to visit UK to visit a family friend.

His monthly take home is less than 100k.

Though he is about to receive a proceed of about 3 million into his personal account from the house rent shares. This money comes in annually.

How can he package himself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheemeehan: 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
bigtt76:
Barter by Flutterwave which allows you to create virtual dollar cards to use

Good day all, may I ask what is the exchange rate for UK visa fees through Flutterwave and how do I go about using the platform for visa payment because options available are Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and Paga Verve.

I will be expecting your quick response, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mosesolawuyi: 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
Good afternoon house.
Am I the only one who is finding it difficult to book appointment on TLS (Ikeja) site? After selecting my date it doesn't move to the next page. I have been experiencing this since last night!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisaejiw: 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2021
customised87:

Please Barterwave same as flutter wave? Cos I googled barterwave and it’s flutterwave that is popping up.
Kindly give me the link to barterwave

It’s the same

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by qhunlay: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2021
Christabeliciou:

Hello. Your visa is valid for 180 days, spending 28 days out of it in the UK shouldn't be an issue as long as you intend to return to Nigeria and you can prove at the next visa application that the time spent in the UK fell within your annual leave period (if employed)

If self-employed, who manages your business while you are away to the UK?

You won't have any problem as long as you don't violate the visa terms.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2021
pheemeehan:

Good day all, may I ask what is the exchange rate for UK visa fees through Flutterwave and how do I go about using the platform for visa payment because options available are Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and Paga Verve.
I will be expecting your quick response, thanks
use pagaverve. Pagaverve uses cbn rate which is way cheaper for you, flutterwave on the other hand uses black market rate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
Thank you very much I appreciate your response. Cheers
qhunlay:

Hello. Your visa is valid for 180 days, spending 28 days out of it in the UK shouldn't be an issue as long as you intend to return to Nigeria and you can prove at the next visa application that the time spent in the UK fell within your annual leave period (if employed)

If self-employed, who manages your business while you are away to the UK?

You won't have any problem as long as you don't violate the visa terms.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by listaby(f): 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2021
Good evening all,

Please I need advice for a friend. She was issued a 6 mths uk visa in 2015. When she was about to travel with Arik air to uk, she said the airline told her her tummy was showing. I guess because she was carryign twins, her tummy was bigger than normal. Anyway, they told her she should call a number at the uk high commision . but when she did, she was told nobody asked her to call. so she instead booked a another flight with a different airline and travelled to the uk. when she arrived at the uk, she was denied entry on the grounds that her visa had been cancelled in nigeria. Apparently the european airline she boarded did not crosscheck her visa before allowing her board from Nigeria. The y did not issue her any ban. she came back home and never went to the high commission to clarify the issue. Now she intends to go and apply for a study visa. What can she do about the problem she had regarding the visit visa years ago? I will appreciate feedback please. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by qhunlay: 8:09am On Feb 18, 2021
listaby:
Good evening all,

Please I need advice for a friend. She was issued a 6 mths uk visa in 2015. When she was about to travel with Arik air to uk, she said the airline told her her tummy was showing. I guess because she was carryign twins, her tummy was bigger than normal. Anyway, they told her she should call a number at the uk high commision . but when she did, she was told nobody asked her to call. so she instead booked a another flight with a different airline and travelled to the uk. when she arrived at the uk, she was denied entry on the grounds that her visa had been cancelled in nigeria. Apparently the european airline she boarded did not crosscheck her visa before allowing her board from Nigeria. The y did not issue her any ban. she came back home and never went to the high commission to clarify the issue. Now she intends to go and apply for a study visa. What can she do about the problem she had regarding the visit visa years ago? I will appreciate feedback please. Thank you.

Visitors visa application and study visa application are two different categories, and different types of documents are required for each category.

I believe there is a section in the visa application form that the person would be asked if she has been refused entry into the UK, if her answer is "Yes", then there is a column to explain why, so the person should just do the needful and explain.

I strongly believe that if she has adequate documents to back up her study visa application, then she will definitely get it. Tell your friend to go for it and be hopeful of a positive outcome.

That is my own opinion, other gurus here might also have something to chip in.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by listaby(f): 11:16am On Feb 18, 2021
Thank you for taking time to respond to me. But she also wants to know if she should contact the high commission now so as to resolve the issue. Just to be sure she didn't commit any offence that she'd not unaware of.

qhunlay:

Visitors visa application and study visa application are two different categories, and different types of documents are required for each category.

I believe there is a section in the visa application form that the person would be asked if she has been refused entry into the UK, if her answer is "Yes", then there is a column to explain why, so the person should just do the needful and explain.

I strongly believe that if she has adequate documents to back up her study visa application, then she will definitely get it. Tell your friend to go for it and be hopeful of a positive outcome.

That is my own opinion, other gurus here might also have something to chip in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
listaby:
Thank you for taking time to respond to me. But she also wants to know if she should contact the high commission now so as to resolve the issue. Just to be sure she didn't commit any offence that she'd not unaware of.
resolve the issue? Except there is somethin else she is not sayin. I dnt know what you need to contact them to resolve.
She was denied entry and that’s on her file. In her new application she must state this and go on to explain the true side of things from her own perspective.
They hve their own perspective already that is why she was denied entry.
She can state anything and everything she wants to state to them in her new application or she can contact them through paid email, till now I dnt get ofcourse what she is contacting them for years later which she didnt do since 2015.
Just fo clarity sake if she needs to, she shud go ahead. She can also request for her immigration history. Someone dropped how to do that with the uk on one of the nairaland threads but with a caveat that you need to have a UK address for them to send these reports. So google and make ur findings

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hello please who knows if I can apply for apply for a visiting visa now, I plan travelling for Easter what are the chances? I also have a sponsor who I will be staying with.. please I await your response.. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisj2(m): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
No one here works for UKVI or Home Office so no one can be certain to answer whether you can apply for visit visa or not?

Sadly, the UK government will still take your application and money and then decide one way or the other. We are still in a Pandemic and it is essential travel only for now. They are even advising Brits not to make concrete plans for holidays abroad yet... So what do you think about visiting in April which is in the spring and just 2 months away?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zarahmum: 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
Please house help me i just went to collection center today to collect my family passport and we were all refused even my husband that applied for a renewal was also refused based the eco saying there is an additional income in his account which he explained in a cover note that the money is from the rent of our properties and he provided receipts for it, the ECO also mentioned that he submitted a sponsored letter thag his company is the one sponsoring our traveling expenses which is all lies even our application was rushed because we were notify after 7days of biometric that our passport is ready for pick up even my kids were refused also based on that there father was refused and also they complained of 4month payslip and they even said they are not sure i work at my work place and i submitted my bank statement which shows that i was paid a salary, payslips and every document where submitted. Please what should i do

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zarahmum: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
This is another clear picture of the refusal for my husband

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zarahmum: 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
This

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2021
Zarahmum:
This
Hello ma, i think the Eco took time and pretty outlined all the areas ur husband fell short. It’s simple and easy to understand what he/she stated.
Multiple large deposits with unknown or clear evidence of origin, only 4 months salary credited in a 6 months period etc
However can u confirm that nowhere on ur form did u or him write that his company was sponsoring this holiday trip?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evenda: 9:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
those who travelled from the 15th of feb, how true is this. or what's this process of paying £210 before you can board?
what i don't understand is if it is the total cost for both day 2 & day 8 compulsory covid test on arrival.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england#what-you-must-do-before-you-travel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 10:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
evenda:
those who travelled from the 15th of feb, how true is this. or what's this process of paying £210 before you can board?
what i don't understand is if it is the total cost for both day 2 & day 8 compulsory covid test on arrival.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england#what-you-must-do-before-you-travel

hmmmm to my own understanding :
you will

1. do test in nigeria to board
2. do 2 tests on day 2 & 8 (u av to pay b4 arriving uk)
3. do another test b4 coming to nigeria
4. u do another test after 7 days in nigeria

all these tests cost roughly ₦305,000:00

why cant they just close there borders.
These people too like money...highly greedy set of homosapiens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Captaincool1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2021
good day all,

please which method of payment does NARIC use

also how do i get a letter from the awarding institution to confirm that the degree was taught solely in English. This letter should be produced by the central records office / registry. Letters issued by affiliate colleges are also acceptable. please how do i go about it cos the university are on strike.

have got my certificate and transcript.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
Zarahmum:
This

@Lagosismyhome,

Do you see what happened here? The eco used naira up and pounds down.

While in many cases, we have seen them use pounds up and naira down.

Do you see a pattern ?

Quite confusing which to follow. . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.