Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,450 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:20 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1416733 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
[quote author=pheemeehan post=100280953][/quote]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
ukay2:

Please check this website and see some labs are doing days 2 and 8 covid tests for £170
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-of-day-2-and-day-8-coronavirus-testing-for-international-arrivals
How can one know the labs approved by UK government?
Thanks
You can book any of the test centres mentioned on the Gov uk website, doesn’t have to be the 210 pounds one.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Momakay: 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
Momakay:
Good morning everyone, please I’m filling the tier 2 dependent visa application, when ask the standard occupational classification code, am I to fill that of the main applicant or...? Please someone help

Please naw someone helppppooo cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 7:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
Momakay:

Please naw someone helppppooo cry

I guess this should be the occupational code for the main applicant. Not sure the dependant has a COS in his/her name which is even the major document on which Tier 2 Visa is based.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Momakay: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2021
dubaiprince:

I guess this should be the occupational code for the main applicant. Not sure the dependant has a COS in his/her name which is even the major document on which Tier 2 Visa is based.

Ok thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kaystace: 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2021
ukay2:

Am seeing some labs in uk (Nationwide -England) price for days 2 and 8 covid test are as low as £169, can one use that instead of paying the £210 ?

I used nationwide for my mum and sis though it was £175 when I got mine, but they are on list of approved providers and even sent the test kits to my address the day after payment, just go ahead and choose any provider on the list but don’t forget to check the location as well .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biggyman11: 6:36am On Mar 29, 2021
Hi everyone ,please I submitted my visa application last week and they are still yet to call my brother who invited me. What could be going on?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:06am On Mar 29, 2021
Biggyman11:
Hi everyone ,please I submitted my visa application last week and they are still yet to call my brother who invited me. What could be going on?

They don't really have to call your brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by meine: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2021
Morning guys,weldone to everyone keeping this thread alive, i have been reading about uploading documents online.

I am applying for visa renewal and i plan to submit personal and company bank statement. I suspect that my personal bank statement will be bulky and several pages long, How do i upload such a bulky bank statement online? Or should i drop hard copies at VFS. ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Stephforme: 8:35am On Mar 29, 2021
[Thanks alot

quote author=giselle237 post=100126312] a 14 year old can travel alone from Nigeria... look for an airline that allows and confirms they can offer unaccompanying minor services before you buy the ticket.
Just make sure she has her corona test and then someone takes her to the airport in Nigeria. The airline will takeover from the time she checks in... i mean an airline tht acknowledges ‘unaccompanying minor’

The person taking her to the airport should state at the check in counter that she is unaccompanied. They will be asked to fill a form of all the details of who will be picking her up at UK. Pls give this person all the right information to fill. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2021
Please house can I have a free booking at TLS in V.I submision centre ?
And also how do I upload my supporting documents on the UK site
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheemeehan: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
[quote author=giselle237 post=100287754][/quote]

@giselle, thanks for your swift response. information you shared seems to be applicable to the COVID-19 test prior to departure. my concern is whether minors below 11 years will need to pay for the test kits upon arrival in the UK.
If you have clearly information on this kindly share or anybody who has recently travel with minors below age 11 should furnish us information regarding payment for test kits as it concerns minors.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2021
pheemeehan:

@giselle, thanks for your swift response. information you shared seems to be applicable to the COVID-19 test prior to departure. my concern is whether minors below 11 years will need to pay for the test kits upon arrival in the UK.
If you have clearly information on this kindly share or anybody who has recently travel with minors below age 11 should furnish us information regarding payment for test kits as it concerns minors.
u can do your research as well, to my knowledge they are not RQ to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
kunzzy4me:
Please house can I have a free booking at TLS in V.I submision centre ?
And also how do I upload my supporting documents on the UK site
V.I centre is not free... if u want to use there, u pay the service amount
as for upload.. log into your application through the link that was sent tp your email and pay, once u have paid ur visa fee u will be able to see where it takes you to choosing biometrics date and uploading documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
meine:
Morning guys,weldone to everyone keeping this thread alive, i have been reading about uploading documents online.

I am applying for visa renewal and i plan to submit personal and company bank statement. I suspect that my personal bank statement will be bulky and several pages long, How do i upload such a bulky bank statement online? Or should i drop hard copies at VFS. ?
u can download the e version/pdf copy from your mobile app and upload straight onto the TLS upload page..
u cnt drop hard copies with TLS, if u want to take the hard copies to them to upload, then u take along 12k in your debit card for the services
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biggyman11: 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
[quote author=Nchabuomo post=100297738]

They don't really have to call your brother.

Oh really ? Like they don’t really call someone who invited his/her family to the United Kingdom?
I was actually having a bad feeling since they didn’t call him. Thanks for this info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by SweetOlive(f): 6:44pm On Mar 29, 2021
Fisherlala:

It depends on who you are married to let me talk about your spouse being an EU member on that note the EU law states that without prejudice divorce,annulment of marriage or termination of the registered partnership shall not entail loss of the right of residence of a Union citizen’s family members who are not nationals of a member state where:
1. If prior to initiation of the divorce the marriage has lasted for at least 3 years,including one year in the host member state in your case the host member state is UK or
2. If you guys have a child together and there is an agreement between you two or by court order, you happen to have the custody of the Union citizen’s child or
3. If the divorce is warranted by particular circumstances, such as you been a victim of domestic violence while in the marriage or
4. If there is an agreement between the spouses or by court order you happen to have access to a minor child, provided that the court has ruled that such access must be in the host member state, and as long as required.I.e if the brexit has not changed this rule also if you are married to a British citizen the rule might be different.

Thank youuu smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2021
[quote author=Biggyman11 post=100313222][/quote]

It's their discretion to call. Sometimes they have all the information they need to make a decision hence no need to call.

It might also be that they haven't started working on your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
Good evening house , is there an update from anyone that had his /her biometric on the 5th of March ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Divinedaddy: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
pls am interested in studying nursing in uk ,any one with suggestions about university with low tuition fees pls ,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by toysleek(f): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
pheemeehan:

Only children less than 5years are exempted..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Divinedaddy: 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2021
Divinedaddy:
pls am interested in studying nursing in uk ,any one with suggestions about university with low tuition fees pls ,
am still waiting oooooo my dear friend s
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
giselle237:
u can download the e version/pdf copy from your mobile app and upload straight onto the TLS upload page..
u cnt drop hard copies with TLS, if u want to take the hard copies to them to upload, then u take along 12k in your debit card for the services

Thanks bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dare120: 5:11am On Mar 30, 2021
Sir i am new here and i have been reading comments and advice regarding UK application....i also want to make an enquiry
I am planning to submit a uk application soon it a family visit as i have a brother who already send IV, passport pages of his children and his own, tenent rent etc....i worked in my dad company as the human resource manager and i earn 350,000k, am married and also on my phd programme in unilag....i also have a small business venture in school where i do data analyst, proof read thesis and project which also bring income to me starting from 10k to about 30k from students on campus which is also added in my salary account
....how can i also explain dat to the ECO or which evidence can i add to my application . Also my brother did not include his bank statment hope it will not affect me

Thank as i await response from u guys sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hazardd(m): 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
Pls can someone work with 2years visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hazardd:
Pls can someone work with 2years visit visa

Tourist visa? No. You also can't stay longer than 6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MercyBA: 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good evening house, please am applying for tier 2 visa soon I want to know if I can use my parents statement of account for the first month fund,or it has to be my own personal account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2021
MercyBA:
Good evening house, please am applying for tier 2 visa soon I want to know if I can use my parents statement of account for the first month fund,or it has to be my own personal account.

You should use your own account.
If you've gotten a job in the UK, surely your parents can transfer the naira equivalent of £1,270 into your account for 28 days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
giselle237:
you are welcome
Hello, Good evening. I've been applying online for the 6 months UK visiting visa, there are some question I've filled & would like if u can go through dem if dey are ok

e.g. what is the main reason for your visit to d UK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.