Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,625 members, 7,770,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:49 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1416877 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
asjay:

Thank you for your response
The message I sent was also a paid email message to ukvi and they replied by asking me to wait another 15 working days which expires today
Pls if I want to call them like how much should I load on my phone
Also I didn't get the debit card you talked about,pls can you explain to me
they will take the main cost of the call in pounds, so you need a debit atm card when u are making the call. Then u can load 1k on ur normal phoneline.. when u place the call, they will ask for the details of ur card before putting u through to a personnel.... At the end of the call, they will charge ur atm card the cost of the total call.. if u speak for like 10 mins, it cud cost like 5 or 6k that will be debited from ur atm card.
So do not use an empty account/atm card.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
giselle237:
they will take the main cost of the call in pounds, so you need a debit atm card when u are making the call. Then u can load 1k on ur normal phoneline.. when u place the call, they will ask for the details of ur card before putting u through to a personnel.... At the end of the call, they will charge ur atm card the cost of the total call.. if u speak for like 10 mins, it cud cost like 5 or 6k that will be debited from ur atm card.
So do not use an empty account/atm card.

Thank you and God bless you
I tried calling now but they keep telling me to send a mail

Is there a particular time I can call them for a real personnel to talk to me ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Ahhh please oo place a call... my mums biometric was on the 25th of feb i think.

Her visa came out since like the 7th of march. Please call them as Giselle directed

This is really frustrating for me

Thank you,i will call them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
giselle237:

Call them. Use the paid call service and call ukvi.
Load ur debit card and make the call.
Also send complaints to the complaints and public enquiries email. Certainly this decision making has taken so long... goodluck!

I will try to call them tomorrow as I feel maybe the personnel have closed
Tried calling them now but I was told to press some numbers and at the end was told to send a mail to a certain address despite asking to be linked to a personnel to talk to

However pls which other complaints address can I send to

I have sent to ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com

Pls which other one do you know of?

Time is no longer on my side
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
Moving4:

So dat means since I don't directly know d person I'll b staying with, dere is no way I can be granted d standard visitors visa?

You can be granted a visa for sure but you must meet the requirements.

Employment with good salary or business account
Travel history will help also
Asset/investment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Igengo: 6:04am On Apr 01, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:38am On Apr 01, 2021
Igengo:
Good morning House. Please can anyone help me clarify some info about filling the passenger's locators form?

Where will you arrive in the UK?: My destination is Manchester but I will have a Lay over in London Heathrow before taking the connecting flight to my final destination which is MAN. So, where should I choose as my arrival in the UK. LHR or MAN
Thanks as I await your response
MAN..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 6:42am On Apr 01, 2021
asjay:

I will try to call them tomorrow as I feel maybe the personnel have closed
Tried calling them now but I was told to press some numbers and at the end was told to send a mail to a certain address despite asking to be linked to a personnel to talk to
However pls which other complaints address can I send to I have sent to ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com

Pls which other one do you know of?
Time is no longer on my side
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/home-office/about/complaints-procedure
Also search this thread for the 2nd email that starts with complaints...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 7:24am On Apr 01, 2021
Hello house, please I need advice, my Visa expires July 13th, however I have an exam for July 9th in the UK but I am planning to travel in last week of May. Pls will there be any issues with the immigration considering the fact that I am close to my Visa expiration. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Igengo: 7:40am On Apr 01, 2021
Thanks for always coming through for everyone

giselle237:

MAN..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:03am On Apr 01, 2021
delana:
Hello house, please I need advice, my Visa expires July 13th, however I have an exam for July 9th in the UK but I am planning to travel in last week of May. Pls will there be any issues with the immigration considering the fact that I am close to my Visa expiration. Thanks in anticipation
no issues..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tmeegal(f): 9:03am On Apr 01, 2021
Good morning.
I applied for Skilled workers visa and had my biometrics done on 12th March 2021 and I also paid for priority service to get it in 5 working days and its 7 working day today , However still not got my passport. I have emailed UKVI using the paid service I have also called and they have informed that the decision has been made since the 15th of March 2021 and The site still show the status as Received by DMC , not as - Transferred to VAC and my job start date according to my COS is 29th of March
Can you please suggest what can be done in such cases , any forum to raise the issue when timelines have exceeded the deadline ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 9:59am On Apr 01, 2021
Oggg:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/home-office/about/complaints-procedure
Also search this thread for the 2nd email that starts with complaints...

Thanks
I have sent them a message now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EJEHSON(m): 11:41am On Apr 01, 2021
Is there any different between PhD in clinical psychology and Dclinpsy? I'll like to work as a lecturer.
Thanks
Mindlog:

DClinPsy which I will be focusing on next year is not even cheaper! I don't know of other Universities that offers it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mindlog: 11:52am On Apr 01, 2021
EJEHSON:
Is there any different between PhD in clinical psychology and Dclinpsy? I'll like to work as a lecturer.
Thanks

PhD in Clinical Psychology is for those whose focus is on research/teaching (ideal for you as you want to work as a lecturer) while DClinPsy is a professional doctorate training that focuses more on clinical practice though research is also part of their training.

You can move this to the UK Student visa thread for more input.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evenda: 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2021
Hi All, please direct me to the appropriate platform if there is one or help answer this querry. see form screenshot

I want to apply for an airport transit visa france for airfrance flight to naija & back to uk

Q1:
Number of stays planned in France for the coming year *

what should my answer be? 0 or 2

am applying for 2 entries ATV as its a return flight

Q2, for the dates of entry &departure, have i answered it correctly? as i have only put the date of the flight to naija , not the return (no option for other dates)

Lastly, flight is for august, is it ok to apply for the ATV now?

thank you for your answers o

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
Good morning
Thank you everyone for your contribution
God bless you all
I wished I had seen this thread earlier

I called as instructed this morning around 10am and I was told a decision has been made (I guess yesterday night or this morning) and they said I should get a mail very soon or sms from my VAC.

However I still checked the status on the app now and it has not changed. It has not ticked green for transfer from DMC to VAC.

pls can someone enlighten me on this or what to expect next

@giselle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2021
asjay:
Good morning
Thank you everyone for your contribution
God bless you all
I wished I had seen this thread earlier

I called as instructed this morning around 10am and I was told a decision has been made (I guess yesterday night or this morning) and they said I should get a mail very soon or sms from my VAC.

However I still checked the status on the app now and it has not changed. It has not ticked green for transfer from DMC to VAC.

pls can someone enlighten me on this or what to expect next

@giselle
when decision has been made u don't have to worry urself , my own was transferred to VAC and received by vac within 5min n I'm sure decision has been made last week or so ,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nielbaba:
when decision has been made u don't have to worry urself , my own was transferred to VAC and received by vac within 5min n I'm sure decision has been made last week or so ,

Thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2021
Good day house .
Biometric 5th of March
Collection mail 31st March
Dhl delivered to my office today at Onitsha 3:40pm
2years standard visitors visa .

Sharing here first before telling my wife self .lol

It's obvious u don't need an agent to get a visa when u follow d simple instructions . No denial on all my visa so far .thanks to all the gurus here

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nielbaba:
Good day house .
Biometric 5th of March
Dhl deliver to my office today at Onitsha 3:40pm

It's obvious u don't need agent to get a visa when u follow d simple instructions . No denial on all my visa so far .thanks to all the gurus here
Congrats. Are you going for tourism or family visit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by burk: 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2021
Good evening good people. Please i was trying to pay for my UK visa (5 years renewal) and my card was refused. please how do i go about the payment. if there is any other platform to make the make i will appreciate. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2021
royalmu:
Congrats. Are you going for tourism or family visit?
family
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2021
burk:
Good evening good people. Please i was trying to pay for my UK visa (5 years renewal) and my card was refused. please how do i go about the payment. if there is any other platform to make the make i will appreciate. Thanks.
u need a foreign card , or a dom account card .best option a foreign card . U can as well use flutter wave /batawave fund d usd virtual card and use .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nielbaba:
family
Ok. Enjoy your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2021
congrat can u share document submitted
Nielbaba:
Good day house .
Biometric 5th of March
Dhl delivered to my office today at Onitsha 3:40pm

It's obvious u don't need an agent to get a visa when u follow d simple instructions . No denial on all my visa so far .thanks to all the gurus here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
pufframmy:
congrat can u share document submitted
Employment letter
Payslip
Promotion letter
6months statement of account
Tennacy agreement
Utility bill
Evidence of lump sums paid into my salary account (actually most are from my employer too but mostly Reimbursement n doesn't show the company's name on the narration so I submitted some approval documents )
My business (personal) registration details
I didn't submit the statement of account for my biz
My siblings and parent identities
Documents from my host ( payslip , employment letter , utility bill , ILR card )
All I see in all is dat your ties to home country matter , I can say my job gave me 95% chance

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omokas2: 5:43am On Apr 02, 2021
Thank you for your email correspondence of 10 February where you have raised a complaint regarding an administrative review on your application.

I am upholding your complaint.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you on this matter and for the inconvenience this has caused.

We have looked into the points raised in your correspondence and examined the documents you submitted with the application. The only deposits in your Megapraise Microfinance bank account are your salary payments from your self-employment and it does seem that this was overlooked by the decision maker when considering your application.

In the light of this, the Entry Clearance Manager has agreed for the case to be reconsidered by a different decision maker who will be assessing this application from a fresh perspective. A decision should be reached shortly and you will be notified.

Please note that a reconsideration does not guarantee a favourable outcome when considering a case.

Thank you for your patience with this matter and I hope my response clarifies the position.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by emailing us at:

After complaining about my refusal this is what I got since 22nd of March I dont know I long it will take pls I need advice on this. Is it a good sign
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:47am On Apr 02, 2021
Well, I think it's great that they are reviewing their decision, although a favourable outcome is not guaranteed but again the first step is a review. Good luck!
Omokas2:
Thank you for your email correspondence of 10 February where you have raised a complaint regarding an administrative review on your application.

I am upholding your complaint.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you on this matter and for the inconvenience this has caused.

We have looked into the points raised in your correspondence and examined the documents you submitted with the application. The only deposits in your Megapraise Microfinance bank account are your salary payments from your self-employment and it does seem that this was overlooked by the decision maker when considering your application.

In the light of this, the Entry Clearance Manager has agreed for the case to be reconsidered by a different decision maker who will be assessing this application from a fresh perspective. A decision should be reached shortly and you will be notified.

Please note that a reconsideration does not guarantee a favourable outcome when considering a case.

Thank you for your patience with this matter and I hope my response clarifies the position.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by emailing us at:

After complaining about my refusal this is what I got since 22nd of March I dont know I long it will take pls I need advice on this. Is it a good sign
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 6:37am On Apr 02, 2021
ooh thanks enjoy your trip sir

Nielbaba:

Employment letter
Payslip
Promotion letter
6months statement of account
Tennacy agreement
Utility bill
Evidence of lump sums paid into my salary account (actually most are from my employer too but mostly Reimbursement n doesn't show the company's name on the narration so I submitted some approval documents )
My business (personal) registration details
I didn't submit the statement of account for my biz
My siblings and parent identities
Documents from my host ( payslip , employment letter , utility bill , ILR card )
All I see in all is dat your ties to home country matter , I can say my job gave me 95% chance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tmeegal(f): 9:36am On Apr 02, 2021
Good morning ..
So I have been sending in lots of questions but I have not been getting answers, but I’d like to clarify something .

In the previous threads , I have read situations where decisions have been made and documents where not sent to the VAC , and people where advised to go to Walter Carrington .

Does that still work please? ..
Because a decision has been made on my application since 15th of March and up till this point my passport has not been sent to the VAC, I went there and was told it’s not ready .

Can I go to Walter Carrington to enquire about my application ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Tmeegal:
Good morning ..
So I have been sending in lots of questions but I have not been getting answers, but I’d like to clarify something .

In the previous threads , I have read situations where decisions have been made and documents where not sent to the VAC , and people where advised to go to Walter Carrington .

Does that still work please? ..
Because a decision has been made on my application since 15th of March and up till this point my passport has not been sent to the VAC, I went there and was told it’s not ready .

Can I go to Walter Carrington to enquire about my application ?

TLS will contact u when your passport gets to them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.