Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438719 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 2:46am On May 13, 2021
Plz in how many days time do you get response from them...it been 5 weeks I did my submitted my passport now I don’t hear anything from them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by awesomeplus: 7:36am On May 13, 2021
Hey guys! What is the effect of the redlist that UK placed on Nigeria for covid 19. Those that just got visa will still travel, no?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 7:45am On May 13, 2021
awesomeplus:
Hey guys! What is the effect of the redlist that UK placed on Nigeria for covid 19. Those that just got visa will still travel, no?
Nigeria is not on red list

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by awesomeplus: 7:59am On May 13, 2021
iretiogo1:
Nigeria is not on red list

Ok...

Please can you expantiate if there is any sort of travel restriction regarding covid 19
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 8:32am On May 13, 2021
awesomeplus:

Ok...

Please can you expantiate if there is any sort of travel restriction regarding covid 19
read this
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#red-list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 11:11am On May 13, 2021
Please where can I get a cheap ticket (Lagos - Manchester - Lagos)?
Any date in May is fine. 2 weeks stay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ClassicTA(f): 12:20pm On May 13, 2021
Good day all.
Please I need your guidance and advice as regards my UK visit visa.
My aunt is inviting me and she has sent all the required documents to me.

My salary is 115 after deducting tax.

I have a savings of 1.7m in my cooperative account.
My budget for the trip is 900k because I will only be paying for my flight. Everything will be taking care of by the person inviting me.

My intention is to get a letter from my cooperative attesting to the fact that I have a savings with them.

My salary account will be provided as required but I do not really have much funds in it.

My pay slips will also be provided and this shows the monthly contributions deductions for the cooperative.
Leave letter and letter of Introduction have been provided by my HR. I Intend to submit the online application this weekend as my leave is due by 3rd week of July.

Please confirm if I'm good to go with the above listed.
Please note: I'm a first time traveller.

Thank you all for your support .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 2:40pm On May 13, 2021
ClassicTA:
Good day all.

My budget for the trip is 900k because I will only be paying for my flight. Everything will be taking care of by the person inviting me.

My intention is to get a letter from my cooperative attesting to the fact that I have a savings with them.

My salary account will be provided as required but I do not really have much funds in it.

My pay slips will also be provided and this shows the monthly contributions deductions for the cooperative.
Leave letter and letter of Introduction have been provided by my HR. I Intend to submit the online application this weekend as my leave is due by 3rd week of July.

First of all the 900k budget is on the high side compared to your income. You are planning to spend more than half of your annual income on this trip. That’s a red flag.

You need to reduce your budget since you have someone that will accommodate and feed you. Let your budget cover your ticket and small cash for shopping

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 4:10pm On May 13, 2021
Please is there a time frame for decision to be made for the Uk vist visa standard...it been 5weeks I did my Biometric now with my baby..and have not hear from them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 6:57pm On May 13, 2021
NiggaRoy22:
Please is there a time frame for decision to be made for the Uk vist visa standard...it been 5weeks I did my Biometric now with my baby..and have not hear from them
It's usually 15 working days from the day of biometrics. In some cases, it can take longer than that. I thought you tracked your application the other day via TLS app. You can as well send them a paid email or call them(UKVI) to know if a decision has been made on your application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 8:59pm On May 13, 2021
[quote author=NiggaRoy22 post=101636871][/quote]

Happened to me in February
Didn't get a response until April (for something that I should have gotten a response by March 10)

Pls call ukvi or send a mail (both you will pay a token Sha)
Ask them for an update and they will escalate to the ECO once again if the ECO has not responded

Also please pray too

I got a response in April (though was just few days to my proposed date of entry) and till today no reason was given for the delay

Pls call them or send a mail

Keep disturbing them till you get sorted

All the best as I understand this might be very distressing right now
It is not easy going through this waiting period

Infact it is frustrating but pls keep disturbing them till you get a response

It is well and always remember you are not alone in this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 10:16pm On May 13, 2021
asjay:

Didn't get a response until April (for something that I should have gotten a response by March 10)

Ask them for an update and they will escalate to the ECO once again if the ECO has not responded

Also please pray too

I got a response in April (though was just few days to my proposed date of entry) and till today no reason was given for the delay

thanks so much I really appreciate...do u do everything yourself or an agent help you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:38pm On May 13, 2021
ClassicTA:
Good day all.

ur take home pay of 115 is low, economic ties are strongly put into consideration. The big job here is convincing the eco to issue u a visa to come for vacation as it looks like u have to save for a long time on your salary to pay for a vacation.
Also definetely your budget of 900k is another miss. U dnt have to include money for shopping, it is mot compulsory.
I just feel ur chances are 50,50 as financial ties are a strong basis for whether an individual will be given a visa or not.
Can u pls clarify how much wud be ur take home if there were no cooperative deductions?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 12:06am On May 14, 2021
asjay:

Ask them for an update and they will escalate to the ECO once again if the ECO has not responded ....did you call ukvi when it happened to you

Also please pray too

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 8:12am On May 14, 2021
[quote author=NiggaRoy22 did you call them when it happened to you?and was it an agent that helped you to do it or yourself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 8:55am On May 14, 2021
[quote author=Tutu82 post=101518006]
Gud morin,plz just want to ask you sometin about my Uk application ..it been 5weeks now that have don my Biometric I did it with my baby,on the 8th of last month it was an agent that helped me thu...but have not heard anything from them,is there anything I can do?I try tracking it but it sayid is still in decision making central,it is advisable to call them or what?plz enlight me thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 9:07am On May 14, 2021
Tutu82:

I don’t feel this is a reconsideration matter but he needs to do a fresh application after correcting a few things.
Give it a bit of time as uk unlike the US would stamp your passport and if the ECO is exhausted or confused when it comes time to look at your application might just reject you again based on time line of the following stamp instead of looking at your new documentation.You hear people on here say they have been rejected for things that have nothing to do with their application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 9:10am On May 14, 2021
[quote Gud morin,plz just want to ask you sometin about my Uk application ..it been 5weeks now that have don my Biometric I did it with my baby,on the 8th of last month it was an agent that helped me thu...but have not heard anything from them,is there anything I can do?I try tracking it but it sayid is still in decision making central,it is advisable to call them or what?plz enlight me thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 9:54am On May 14, 2021
[quote author=NiggaRoy22 post=101668945][/quote]did you call them when it happened to you?or the application came on is own....and was it an agent that helped you with it or you did it yourself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:51am On May 14, 2021
[quote author=NiggaRoy22 post=101676274][/quote]
If it’s only 5weeks i wouldn’t worry just yet depending on the kind of application.
Are you living in the uk or Nigeria?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 14, 2021
giselle237:
ur take home pay of 115 is low, economic ties are strongly put into consideration. The big job here is convincing the eco to issue u a visa to come for vacation as it looks like u have to save for a long time on your salary to pay for a vacation.
Also definetely your budget of 900k is another miss. U dnt have to include money for shopping, it is mot compulsory.
I just feel ur chances are 50,50 as financial ties are a strong basis for whether an individual will be given a visa or not.
Can u pls clarify how much wud be ur take home if there were no cooperative deductions?
It all bows down to the Eco and don’t see why 115k is low after deductions.
Hi,I beg to say differently.My younger brother started on 100k salary but as his sponsor i added my council tax/letter of invitation and my 3months account statement to prove all he needed was to buy his return ticket and i would do the rest throughout his 2weeks stay ie accommodation and feeding.
Most times what is considered is your incoming and out going to find discrepancies and how much you’ve been able to save.This person can give it a go and only two things can happen they either get the visa or get rejected.If they get rejected thats okay too as the letter would say what to do differently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 14, 2021
ClassicTA:
Good day all.

That 900k you might have to chip it down as that is nearly 9times your salary.That might look like you are emigrating be more realistic so let’s say £1-£650 you could say 650k.
Include a copy of your work ID and Salary account no matter the balance at least they would see every month 115 goes in and add your 1.7m statement too as well.
Your Aunty would have to support with her bank statement as she is sponsoring everything except your Ticket some bills like phone hardly stand so her tenancy/mortgage papers and council Tax are what you need.
Is she your Aunty by blood?.
Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 12:18pm On May 14, 2021
NiggaRoy22:
thanks so much I really appreciate...do u do everything yourself or an agent help you?

Did everything myself

Infact used my fone for everything

Both for the incessant mails and calls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 5:55pm On May 14, 2021
Please who has used Egypt Air recently to the UK? How was it? Was accommodation provided during your layover?

I don't want to fly BA or Virgin due to cost and KLM needs transit visa I don't want to get that either.

Help a brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 14, 2021
Please Im in the middle of I don't know what to do about taxes issues.

I'm a self employed own a business registered a year and some month, I visited Lirs office at Akowonjo to file my tax TODAY . The woman attended to me asked me that I will pay for 3 years and first year is 10k, second year 15k while third year 20k.

My concerns now is that I wanted to start paying myself monthly income salary of 550k from my company account starting for this month till Oct so I will apply by NOV.

Does 3 years personal income taxes is assessment for 550k monthly income salary at the rate of 10k,15k,20k (45k) from3 years is sound good enough?

Because I don't know if the assessment they charged me to pay for 3 years i.e 10k , 15, 20k I should pay it? I guess is doesn't mean how much I earned monthly? Please please kindly advise me on this

I ask them to hold on first, so I can come and ask here from my guru and my lovely nairaland brother first before I take any action.

Does Tax clearance certificate really compulsory to apply for Tourist visa m
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adebayo82: 8:16pm On May 14, 2021
Pls somebody should help me out, I am struggling to pay through my master card GT bank for UK visit Visa fees. For almost three weeks now is not going through. I have tried many options no headway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DonyatCFC: 9:32pm On May 14, 2021
Adebayo82:
Pls somebody should help me out, I am struggling to pay through my master card GT bank for UK visit Visa fees. For almost three weeks now is not going through. I have tried many options no headway.

I used barter by flutterwave. Try it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omokas2: 10:03pm On May 14, 2021
How much is UK visa fees now? I mean Nigeria price because am seeing £139 pound ,PLS house quick response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 10:53pm On May 14, 2021
odugbemiopeyemi:

Does Tax clearance certificate really compulsory to apply for Tourist visa m
You seem to be stressing over non critical issues, for Tourist visa applications Sometimes i include personal tax clearance certificate and that doesn't show the amounts paid , sometimes I dont include it because it may not be ready when I want to apply.

The rule is that you should Include only what you have in your application. If you don't have a document and you think it's critical to your application then delay your visa application till you have the document. However For visitors visa ,tax clearance is not critical. . Its only when they've decided to deny your visa that they will begin to look for what is not lost.

No one can have a 100% full proof visa application, just ensure you do your best to tick all the boxes that the VO wants. Find every means to show economic,social and financial ties. List your properties, rent,TB, savings, payslip, marital status if married, the important positions you hold in your social and professional association . These and many more are what you should focus on.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2021
ClassicTA:

No , if you are the one sponsoring this trip you are not good to go as your income threshold is low. I would have advised an improvement in your earnings before you apply for a tourist visa. Its always good to get it right from the get go. A neater option will be for your aunty to sponsor your trip.

Also Using cooperative to show your savings of N1.7 million is also a weak financial evidence as anyone can obtain a cooperative letter. A better option may be for you to withdraw that 1.7mil and invest it in treasury bill with a Nigerian commercial bank. The investment certificate given to you by that bank provides a better proof of your savings.

All I have listed doesn't mean you can't be granted a tourist visa by some stroke of luck as I am no VO,however from experience what you've presented increases your chances of being denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mconcept: 8:39am On May 15, 2021
[
Good Morning People ,

I have tried to read up and even used the search bar but no information to suit my request .

My spouse salary account is in. Microfinance bank , and need to apply for UK Visa.

Please will this fly ,

He has no travel history , but I an our daughter do have USA travel history sponsored by him.

He is applying alone.

Please I'll be glad if someone can respond to this.

Does he have to open a commercial accout move his balance there and print both ?

quote author=Tvegas post=101701217] No , if you are the one sponsoring this trip you are not good to go as your income threshold is low. I would have advised an improvement in your earnings before you apply for a tourist visa. Its always good to get it right from the get go. A neater option will be for your aunty to sponsor your trip.

Also Using cooperative to show your savings of N1.7 million is also a weak financial evidence as anyone can obtain a cooperative letter. A better option may be for you to withdraw that 1.7mil and invest it in treasury bill with a Nigerian commercial bank. The investment certificate given to you by that bank provides a better proof of your savings.

All I have listed doesn't mean you can't be granted a tourist visa by some stroke of luck as I am no VO,however from experience what you've presented increases your chances of being denied.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 9:34am On May 15, 2021
Mconcept:
[
Good Morning People
My spouse salary account is in. Microfinance bank , and need to apply for UK Visa.
Does he have to open a commercial accout move his balance there .
His status and what he earns is more important than his salary being domiciled in a microfinance bank or not. For example the manager of a microfinance bank earning 1million will most likely have his account domiciled in thesame bank where he works.

There is no law that bars Tourist visa applicants from using microfinance banks, the only challenge here is that such accounts can be more easily manipulated than commercial bank accounts.

If his salary is domiciled there he should use it, he can back it up with stronger economic and financial ties.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.