Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1435380 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Izulink: 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
Please house i want to know if anyone booked air France to travel to london Heathrow recently i want to know the restrictions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by wolepopo(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
Congrats to your husband. Wish him a safe flight to the UK. I wanted to ask if this was a standard application or priority?

Regards.

NiksO21:
Hi Everyone,

Been a silent reader for years, just wanted to share my husbands visa process and timeline.
My husband was the only one in our family that needs a visa because myself and our daughter are British Citizens. He had a visa that expired last June that he only used once because of covid. For that application we stated he was going for a course that was sponsored by a company but that he would also be visiting my mum who lives in London. (Didn’t even end up doing the course)

We decided this year to apply for a new one with the sole intention to visit my mum.

Submission: 20th May 2021
Biometrics: 25th May 2021
Collection Email and Text: 7th June 2021

We picked up the passport today with the visa.

We submitted:
CAC certificate
Company Account Statement (6 Months)
Invoices (of the higher payments)
Marriage Certificate
Daughters Birth Certificate
Wife’s British Passport Data Page
Daughters British Passport Data Page
Flight itinerary
Invitation from My mum
Covid Vaccination
Mums Data Page
Mums Gas Bill (x2)
Tenancy Agreement
Tenancy Receipt of Payment
Wife’s Letter from Work stating what she does and how much she earns

I just wanted to also say that my daughter and I being British isn’t automatic. 4 years ago he also got a refusal. @giselle you’re definitely right about there not being a set way to submit company accounts. My husband submitted only his company account and pays himself no salary, he literally spends money as he needs to.

Opening Balance: 250k
Closing balance: 2.1m

Thank you everyone for letting me know what to add to his application

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by wolepopo(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
You will need a Schegen transit visa; aside the two COVID19 tests (PCR and Rapid antigen)

Izulink:
Please house i want to know if anyone booked air France to travel to london Heathrow recently i want to know the restrictions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiksO21: 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
[quote author=wolepopo post=102476541]Congrats to your husband. Wish him a safe flight to the UK. I wanted to ask if this was a standard application or priority?

Regards.

Hi, it was a standard application, self service also. Thank you so much we will be heading there next month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
Guru in the house please I need uk embassy email address where I can send visa refusal appeals to.

My sister got refusal email today concerning her visa application.

The main thing they pointed out on the letter was her finances (statement of account). Her job pays her monthly salary to bank account directly. The name of the company appears on the statement but they still claimed that they don’t know the origin of the fund.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Merceline(f): 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
Tutu82:

It would be difficult to prove and hard to believe she gets money from everyone in cash form.If she was older say above 70 it’s more plausible but for a lady less than 60 years to be retired am not sure how to position it.You can apply but the outcome can go either way.
ok thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Izulink: 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
I have shengen visa but 2 test u taught of i kno i do the corona virus test before living Nigeria but the second one i dont kno pls mk it clear to me if its requested by air france or what.thanks very much more blessings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
Merceline:
my FIL is alive, so she either gets cash from him, or cash from any of her children who visits.

Will it work against her to state she has no income since I have no bank statement to back up her income?

Thanks for the response, the question also applies to me in a way although I wasn't the one who asked initially. May I ask if her account statement will be needed when she is to be fully sponsored by her kids who are legal resident and working in the UK. I would have thought she doesn't need an account statement since she is to be sponsored
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fisayo02(m): 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
Pls,I need advise, I got a refusal letter last year based on the reason of unknown fund in my account . I wanted to reapply now , but someone wants to sponsor the traveling this time . .. Pls, will really apprecatiate your responses ..thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by SlimB1311: 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
Good evening everyone. I am new here and I could use some advice as I seem to have a situation. My younger brother recently gained admission in the UK but there is a small issue on how to go about the sponsor, which I will illustrate below.
Can I do a joint account with him but the surname is different(I use my grandfather's name but my brother uses my father's name)?Someone advised I change my account to a joint account to include my brother's name
What do you advise?
cc(lagosismyhome)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rabola1(f): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Okay, fnx so much
jargo192:

If you need a TB test for your visa category you must upload it before biometrics so wait for your TB test result before applying. You get the result the same day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by wolepopo(m): 9:14pm On Jun 07, 2021
Sorry for this initial setback. What’s her timeline like? When did she do her biometric?

mamawa123:
Guru in the house please I need uk embassy email address where I can send visa refusal appeals to.

The main thing they pointed out on the letter was her finances (statement of account). Her job pays her monthly salary to bank account directly. The name of the company appears on the statement but they still claimed that they don’t know the origin of the fund.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Xeedorf: 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hello, Good people in the house �. Please I'd like to make enquiries can I transfer the fund as a sponsors to
my wife account before biometric day.

Again, what are the requirements doc as a sponsorer & requirements doc for my wife & children's for tourists Visa.

A good respond will be highly appreciate..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2021
SlimB1311:
Good evening everyone. I am new here and I could use some advice as I seem to have a situation. My younger brother recently gained admission in the UK but there is a small issue on how to go about the sponsor, which I will illustrate below.
Can I do a joint account with him but the surname is different(I use my grandfather's name but my brother uses my father's name)?Someone advised I change my account to a joint account to include my brother's name
What do you advise?
cc(lagosismyhome)
You could just transfer the funds into his account and write a letter of sponsorship.To prove you are his brother you can include birth certificates and family photos at different stages of life .
Small issue solved.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by satos123(m): 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hi
Please i want to apply for Uk 6 months visa for the first time and i have these documents as follow
CAC CERT REGISTERED SINCE 2011
MARRIED CERT
SAVINGS ACCOUNT
RECEIPT OF LAND I BUILD MY HOUSES ON
MY KIDS BIRTH CERT
MY KIDS SCHOOL FEES RECEIPTS
MY WIFE WENT TO UK 4 YEARS AGO SPENT 9days
Do i need to attach HER visa page to the document
Please i need your Advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
mamawa123:

search the thread... i keep forgetting... starts with ‘complaints’

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
fisayo02:
Pls,I need advise, I got a refusal letter last year based on the reason of unknown fund in my account . I wanted to reapply now , but someone wants to sponsor the traveling this time . .. Pls, will really apprecatiate your responses ..thanks
may we know why someone is sponsorin, who this person is, and how u the applicant makes a living at the moment..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
Asking for someone: Has anyone experienced getting refusal email and one week later passport not returned for collection. The refusal says he wasn’t able to provide some information over the phone interview done, just that reason alone. So one week and no passport collection notification and tracking still says at Decision center
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 11:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
hello Fam

Currently applying for kids to join in the uk. part of the documents required is consent letter signed by both parents stating some thing amongst which is plans for accommodation. still in a shared apartment but plan to move before they arrive however no concrete address yet.
Do we state in the letter that we intend to move to a bigger place soon or wait till we get the place then apply? suggestions welcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 4:09am On Jun 08, 2021
wolepopo:
Sorry for this initial setback. What’s her timeline like? When did she do her biometric?

Biometrics - 20/May/2021

Refusal email - 07/June/2021

No passport pick up information yet

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2021
Iruosonobrugwhe:
hello Fam

Currently applying for kids to join in the uk. part of the documents required is consent letter signed by both parents stating some thing amongst which is plans for accommodation. still in a shared apartment but plan to move before they arrive however no concrete address yet.
Do we state in the letter that we intend to move to a bigger place soon or wait till we get the place then apply? suggestions welcome.
Simple logic would tell you to move first,the case worker cannot work with your intention and kids are involved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fisayo02(m): 8:38am On Jun 08, 2021
giselle237:
may we know why someone is sponsorin, who this person is, and how u the applicant makes a living at the moment..
M uncle is sponsoring, am working presently. To HV enough fund for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 9:26am On Jun 08, 2021
giselle237:
search the thread... i keep forgetting... starts with ‘complaints’
Complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 10:03am On Jun 08, 2021
mamawa123:

Before you seek for an administrative review of the refusal you want to be sure that no other funds is came into the account aside the salary stated in the application form, you also want to be sure that cumulation of the salary leads up to the account balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 10:17am On Jun 08, 2021
[quote author=Iruosonobrugwhe post=102488165]hello Fam

Do we state in the letter that we intend to move to a bigger place soon or wait till we get the place then apply? suggestions welcome.[/quot

Firstly is the house registered on the housing platform as a shared apartment?
Secondly how many names do you have on your tenancy agreement? If there are many names of the tenancy agreement you might want to talk to the landlord to give you a new tenancy agreement with your name on it stating you reside in that address for immigration purposes.
You can send me an email if you want.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:35am On Jun 08, 2021
Thanks much appreciated.

Yes it is stated as a shared apartment. The urgency is just to give enough time so they can be in before schools resume.
[quote author=Fisherlala post=102499478][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 10:46am On Jun 08, 2021
Iruosonobrugwhe:
hello Fam

Hi, you do not need to state your accommodation plans. I, Mr lagbaja and Mrs tamedo parents of (child's name) consent that we shall take full responsibility for the child and she will be staying with us in the UK.

Then parents co-sign
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2021
Fisherlala:

Before you seek for an administrative review of the refusal you want to be sure that no other funds is came into the account aside the salary stated in the application form, you also want to be sure that cumulation of the salary leads up to the account balance.

It is a salary account. No other funds credited to that account other than her monthly salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 11:16am On Jun 08, 2021
royalmu:
Complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 11:22am On Jun 08, 2021
mamawa123:

It is a salary account. No other funds credited to that account other than her monthly salary.

You might have a genuine case then.
Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 11:34am On Jun 08, 2021
Fisherlala:

You might have a genuine case then.
Good luck.

She about to write them. Please does she needs to attach other documents apart from bank statement and her payslips
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 11:34am On Jun 08, 2021
tushqueen:

Hi, you do not need to state your accommodation plans. I, Mr lagbaja and Mrs tamedo parents of (child's name) consent that we shall take full responsibility for the child and she will be staying with us in the UK.

Then parents co-sign

It’s highly recommended the parents demonstrate adequate accommodation for the child’s stay in the UK.
When I say adequate accommodation the Appendix FM of the UK immigration rules has made provisions and clearity to what adequate means in this context and it says When applying for entry clearance, leave to remain or settlement to join a partner, parent, dependant child, or as an adult dependant relative in the UK, applicants must satisfy an accommodation requirement,
Applicants must show that their accommodation is ‘adequate’. The requirement for ‘adequate accommodation’ means that the family will be living in accommodation which:

Is owned or occupied exclusively by the applicant and their family;
Will be obtained without recourse to public funds;
Is not, or will not, be overcrowded; and
Does not breach public health regulations.
There is no room for a shared apartment under this provisions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.