Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438126 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Leleky: 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good evening to all,
Please, will it be too early to make my application and book for interview appointment now?
Meanwhile, my travel period will be 2nd of December, 2021 and intended period of interview is first week of November.
Advice needed, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good evening house. Please a friend of mine went to UK on August 10 but at gatwick airport she was stamped July 10, 2021 as the date she entered UK by the Border Force Officer. What can she do Please because she called the home office but they said the mistake is at the airport and not home office issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
[quote author=Juddy2018 post=104747944][/quote]
Okay,maybe you should listen to people then as a forum is meant to help you make decisions.
If this application came to my table i would immediately flag it down as a discrepancy doesn’t matter if amount is more or less it is not the same as regards the bank balance you can make more or less money but not the payslip.Note amount you wish to spend is not the same as bank balance ie a person wants to spend 800k for their holiday and bank balance is 1.5m that would not be an issue at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
Leleky:
Good evening to all,
Please, will it be too early to make my application and book for interview appointment now?
Meanwhile, my travel period will be 2nd of December, 2021 and intended period of interview is first week of November.
Advice needed, thanks.

earliest time u can drop ur application is 3 months to ur proposed travel date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 3:43am On Aug 14, 2021
Oggg:
this is not true. I got 3 appointments for family for self service and there is appt available this week.

U are lucky to get it. Read my message well , I said she might be able to get. Many have no option but to pay. I paid for prime time, when I went for biometric I still met some pple that paid, some were still lucky they did not pay.

I can't just lie on my post. She might be lucky to get free dates, she might not. .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by humblemoi: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2021
graceodini:
Good evening house. Please a friend of mine went to UK on August 10 but at gatwick airport she was stamped July 10, 2021 as the date she entered UK by the Border Force Officer. What can she do Please because she called the home office but they said the mistake is at the airport and not home office issue.

The correction has to be done at Gatwick Airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by humblemoi: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2021
Estasam:
Good afternoon everyone, this is my first time of posting on nairaland and i sincerely need your advice.
I am an ex banker and i applied for UK Visa in 2019 for my daughter and i and we were refused on the ground that they were not convinced i was going to retrun to my country, afterward i contested the refusal and further got a 10years ban for my daughter and I for contesting the refusal.
Now i have another child a son (8years) and since the 10years ban has elapsed we are about applying again but this time the whole family wants to vist the UK, i.e my husband, myself and our two children (family of four).
i have different companies now as i run different businesses. all my companies are registered as an enterprise.

Catering company (registered in my name and my husband's name)
Supermarket
Cleaning company
Computer School and cyber café.
We have roughly 9,5m in all this account with the bulk in our catering account.
I do not really pay myself salary.

My husband is a civil servant and we have a landed property in Lagos which we have only develop a part of it.

My catering company used to be a vendor for British Council, i have my letter of nomination and company profile duly stamped and signed by them.
My questions are :-

What are the documents that we will be needing for our application?

we have the following documents already :-

1. Hotel Reservations
2. Colored Copies of Data page
3. Statement of Accounts for our businesses and Pay slips for my husband
4. Marriage Certificate and pictures
5. Introduction Letter From Company (i don't know what to write for myself) my husband got his from his office
6. Tax Clearance
7. Certificate of Incorporation
8. Discreet Valuation of our property.
9. Letter from our banks
10. Letter of nomination to be a vendor for British Council
11. Family pictures
12. Birth certificates

Please can i get a sample of a letter of introduction for the CEO? or is it the regular introduction letter?
As the CEO of my companies do i need a leave letter?

We intend to spend 10 days in all and we want to apply in October in preparation for December Vacation.
We have the following document ready but i will really appreciate it if i can be guided on the documents we will be needing for submition which will not be outside of the scope.

My friend volunteered to assist us with Airbnb for the period of time we intend staying.

Thank you as i await your response.

Do you mean you applied year 2009 as against the 2019 you have written?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abidob(m): 9:07am On Aug 14, 2021
Dear Sir,

I am working at the Visa Section, British High Commission, New Delhi, India as an Entry Clearance Assistant. It is part of my daily duties to examine and check documents submitted in support of UK visa applications.

Request you to provide a clearer copy of Access Bank Statement as the same bank statement which you’ve submitted earlier is not readable.

Thanks and Regards,

RG | Entry Clearance Assistant - Enrichment &Verification Team | UKVI International, Home Office | British High Commission, New Delhi

This is the mail I got from the UK embassy. What are my chances of getting the visa?

opomulero:

earliest time u can drop ur application is 3 months to ur proposed travel date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 10:30am On Aug 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Estasam(f): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2021
Good morning, sorry that was a typo error. i was meant to write 2009.
humblemoi:

Do you mean you applied year 2009 as against the 2019 you have written?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blessedboy21219: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2021
Hi, please i really need your thoughts on this.

Am in the UK and i invited my mother inlaw over. She was granted her 1st visit visa in October 2019 but because of lock down, she finally left the uk in August 2020. No my wife is pregnant and delivery date is fast approaching, i applied for mother in-law to come over for child birth but this time i applied for the 2 years visitor visa. Timeline is below,

Application submitted Online = 19th July 2021
Biometrics submitted = 23rd July 2021
App received Acknowledgement from UKVI = 30th July

Since then no further communication until i had to contact ukvi on the 12th of August and was told decision has been made and we will receive communication from VAC. The next day, i received 2 emails with words below

Dear Customer,

TLScontact was notified by UKVI that a decision related to your visa application has been made and communicated directly to you by email.

As soon as your passport is ready to be returned, you will receive another email about the collection or the delivery procedure.

You can track the progress of your visa application by connecting to your account or by using our Track My Application app.

Second letter
Dear Customer,

This is a short notice to kindly ask you to bear with us a little more as your application is still being processed and please be assured that you will be notified as soon as your passport is ready to be returned to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Tracking app says application is ready for collection but no one has called or email us for collection.

My question is;

1. On her first application in 2019, i was called by ukvi to verify her some information including my job. But on this application, no one has contacted me. Is this any sign?

2. Secondly, i haven't received any email from ukvi about application processed or concluded. Is this usual?

Please i need your input as we are so worried right now. Thanks in advance.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nellytivities(f): 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2021
Blessedboy21219:

Am in the UK and i invited my mother inlaw over. She was granted her 1st visit visa in October 2019 but because of lock down, she finally left the uk in August 2020. No my wife is pregnant and delivery date is fast approaching, i applied for mother in-law to come over for child birth but this time i applied for the 2 years visitor visa. Timeline is below,

Since then no further communication until i had to contact ukvi on the 12th of August and was told decision has been made and we will receive communication from VAC. The next day, i received 2 emails with words below

Dear Customer,

TLScontact was notified by UKVI that a decision related to your visa application has been made and communicated directly to you by email.

As soon as your passport is ready to be returned, you will receive another email about the collection or the delivery procedure.

You can track the progress of your visa application by connecting to your account or by using our Track My Application app.

Second letter
Dear Customer,

This is a short notice to kindly ask you to bear with us a little more as your application is still being processed and please be assured that you will be notified as soon as your passport is ready to be returned to you.

Tracking app says application is ready for collection but no one has called or email us for collection.

My question is;

1. On her first application in 2019, i was called by ukvi to verify her some information including my job. But on this application, no one has contacted me. Is this any sign?

2. Secondly, i haven't received any email from ukvi about application processed or concluded. Is this usual?

Track with your courier Tracking number given to you if you have that or just to the collection Centre if you selected that option. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CSPb: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
Blessedboy21219:

Dear Customer,

Second letter
Dear Customer,

My question is;

Did you explain to them the previous delay caused by COVID19 (Lockdown). If you did, you have no cause for alarm,Because the are also very considerate. You would celebrate soonest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2021
Hallo Gurus,

although I have had 3 previous schengen visas but I have had 2 uk visit visa refusals too due to unexplained large deposits in my account.

Regards home ties I have documents for landed property and registered business with bank account and care taking of both my aged parents i am also married with two children expecting the third. My question is can I add pregnancy test results which will show EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE to indicate another stronger home tie or reason to return home ? Lol is this necessary or are my going too far?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
rebless:
Hallo Gurus,

although I have had 3 previous schengen visas but I have had 2 uk visit visa refusals too due to unexplained large deposits in my account.

Regards home ties I have documents for landed property and registered business with bank account and care taking of both my aged parents i am also married with two children expecting the third. My question is can I add pregnancy test results which will show EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE to indicate another stronger home tie or reason to return home ? Lol is this necessary or are my going too far?

I don't think a pregnancy is a home tie. I feel one can jump to the conclusion that you intend to give birth in the UK which raises another issue (i.e depending when your due date is at). That said, home ties are ideally things that would ideally bring you back home. Things you leave in your country of residence to travel. Hence it's a home tie. Things you can travel with e.g your pregnancy does not tie you to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by amajato: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2021
Where do I start from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
Nchabuomo:

I don't think a pregnancy is a home tie. I feel one can jump to the conclusion that you intend to give birth in the UK which raises another issue (i.e depending when your due date is at). That said, home ties are ideally things that would ideally bring you back home. Things you leave in your country of residence to travel. Hence it's a home tie. Things you can travel with eg your pregnancy does not tie you to Nigeria

Thanks brotherly but in this case it’s a wife pregnancy at home who is not travelling the husband is the applicant travelling to the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
rebless:

Thanks brotherly but in this case it’s a wife pregnancy at home who is not travelling the husband is the applicant travelling to the UK

Oh that makes sense then

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Oh that makes sense then

So do you recommend that i add such proof my bro? And I’m still expecting the opinions of other noble gurus in the house too @justwise and @ giselle et al
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2021
rebless:

So do you recommend that i add such proof my bro? And I’m still expecting the opinions of other noble gurus in the house too @justwise and @ giselle et al

I feel your wife and kids plus parents should be enough but you can go ahead and add it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2021
Nchabuomo:

I feel your wife and kids plus parents should be enough but you can go ahead and add it.

Grabbed ��
I really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OmotoyinboAO: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2021
Hello guys.

Please the earliest date I got for biometric is the 24th of August, but that's really really late for me, is there a walk in option or is there a way I can get it done earlier?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
rebless:
Hallo Gurus,

Regrettably,your wife’s Pregnancy will not be categorised as a home tie however you can state it in additional information if you wish that you want to go now and be back in good time for the birth bla bla bla.Yes,you are going too too far.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Stanlo88: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Happy Sunday.

Please I need some guidance. My wife and I would like to apply for a UK visa. I will be sponsoring the trip. I have 2 registered businesses, (both businesses are registered as a business name, so I am the sole owner with NO partners). I do NOT pay myself income monthly, and I do get large payments for jobs done. I want to know if this will be a problem. My wife and kids have often visited the UK and also schooled there. Her last visit was in 2018, will this help sway towards visa approval. (This is my first time applying for a UK visa).

How much would suggest as sufficient for a trip for my wife and I.

Also, we currently have an application for Canadian permanent residence which has been delayed due to Covid, should we indicate this. We have our proof of funds also saved for this purpose, but it's just a huge amount saved up in an account. can we use this account or just use my business account.

Lastly, we are both fully vaccinated (Astrazeneca), are the vaccinations taken in Nigeria going to be accepted (especially seeing that Oxford Astrazeneca is one of the approved vaccines in the UK), I read some conflicting information, I'll just want some clarification on that. Are we going to have to quarantine for 10 days?

I'd really appreciate a response on this. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2021
OmotoyinboAO:
Hello guys.

Please the earliest date I got for biometric is the 24th of August, but that's really really late for me, is there a walk in option or is there a way I can get it done earlier?

Thanks.

You can do walk in anytime 42k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mrking20: 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
I finally got my passport back, a big thank you to everyone.
Mrking20:
I got a message from TLScontact on August 06 dat my passport is ready for collection and dat it will be dispatched to me within 24hrs since I paid for return courier. The tracking app is also showing that the passport has been delivered to me but I am yet to hear anything from the courier company.

This is the last update on my passport issue, hope u get urs soon]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
Ur vaccinations are only equivalent to that of UK if done in UK, EU or the US. Sadly if u want to travel u will need to quarantine for 10 days.
You need to sort out your financials and know how much u intend to spend on this trip.
Even though u are sole partner of the organization, u also cnt use it as though it is for ur personal use..the amount for the trip needs to be in your personal acct and not your business account as funds for ur business should be reserved for your business
U dnt have to mention the Canadian pr story, there is no correlation to the uk visit visa at this point.
Please read as much as u can of this thread, different examples of how to sell a convincing picture about ur ties to Nigeria.
If your kids are not travelling, it will also help. Sell this picture very well, that you both can not abandon your kids to go and live illegally in the UK. However this is not all. Explore every.
Stanlo88:
Hi Everyone,
Happy Sunday.
Please I need some guidance. My wife and I would like to apply for a UK visa. I will be sponsoring the trip. I have 2 registered businesses, (both businesses are registered as a business name, so I am the sole owner with NO partners). I do NOT pay myself income monthly, and I do get large payments for jobs done. I want to know if this will be a problem. My wife and kids have often visited the UK and also schooled there. Her last visit was in 2018, will this help sway towards visa approval. (This is my first time applying for a UK visa).

How much would suggest as sufficient for a trip for my wife and I.

Also, we currently have an application for Canadian permanent residence which has been delayed due to Covid, should we indicate this. We have our proof of funds also saved for this purpose, but it's just a huge amount saved up in an account. can we use this account or just use my business account.

Lastly, we are both fully vaccinated (Astrazeneca), are the vaccinations taken in Nigeria going to be accepted (especially seeing that Oxford Astrazeneca is one of the approved vaccines in the UK), I read some conflicting information, I'll just want some clarification on that. Are we going to have to quarantine for 10 days?

I'd really appreciate a response on this. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
OmotoyinboAO:
Hello guys.

Thanks.
check at midnight and within that time to 3am. Slots open up as ppl cancel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hi everyone pls how much is standard visitors visa 6 month. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ezepikin: 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
[b][/b]Hello Everyone...pls I need advice from experienced guys in the house. I want my younger brother to travel to the UK but the challenge is that I do not know his chances cos he doesn't have any travel history and he is single.. I am thinking of him applying with my wife and kids cos they have good travel history with visits to the US and UK several times and we all share same surname. My questions;

1) What documents does he need to provide cos right now he works with my wife who runs a registered business.

2) I want to stand as co-sponsor for their trip.I work and earn good salary and also a signatory to my wife's biz account. Does my brother require his personal accounts to be rich enough to be considered?

3) Are we expected to scan and upload all our documents online or have the option to submit original copy at VFS ?

Happy to get a feedback.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Goddyss(m): 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2021
Please can someone advise me on the easiest and cheapest means to send money to UK bank from Nigeria without opening a domicilliary account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.