Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1434897 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mrves111: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2019
Good morning guys, I got admission in masters program in the University of Aberdeen, I have provided the scholarship letter from the Nddc and they told me that I must have €8000 in my personal account which I have already. My question is the £8000 in my account is not up to 28days that is required, can I still apply for the visa because my school resumption date is 2nd of September. Please I need urgent reply, can I still use a persona statement of account that is not up to the 28days(requirement) to apply for a student visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2019
oga, this UKVI guys are not giving any information. lets assume if it is refused, atleast they should send the refusal letter to us, so that we can forget our trip. they are not giving any information till now.
seyisanya:
From personal experience, they will never send refusal letter via email to you even if you use the "Keep My Passport" service. As a matter of fact, though ridiculous, a request for your passport does not guarantee a visa. They will only send a Passport Request email for you to receive ECO's decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2019
bikram6100:

sending enquiry on email will charge you GBP5.48 (one time charge only) after that replies are free. but you still have to call them after 2-3 days to escalate the case. but this customer care guys are helpless , they can simply put request for escalation, nothing else they can help you.
i have spent almost N20k for calling/e-mailing them.

Lol, go to playstore or appstore and download this app called Wificall, subscribe to their 6,000 naira unlimited call for a month, I save money using this method.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mrves111: 11:41am On Aug 12, 2019
Mrves111:
Good morning guys, I got admission in masters program in the University of Aberdeen, I have provided the scholarship letter from the Nddc and they told me that I must have €8000 in my personal account which I have already. My question is the £8000 in my account is not up to 28days that is required, can I still apply for the visa because my school resumption date is 2nd of September. Please I need urgent reply, can I still use a persona statement of account that is not up to the 28days(requirement) to apply for a student visa?

Please I need help, justwise and other people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2019
beholddean:
Hmmm.....there is an unusually long delay now. I also used the keep my passport service and I waited 3 weeks after the application concluded mail was received before I was requested to submit my passport for the visa. I only picked up my visa last Thursday.

I do hope yours will not take as long...

congratulations oga for your visa.
please i just want to know;
who sent you email for passport submission request , it was from TLS? or it was from UKVI?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dre44k(m): 11:54am On Aug 12, 2019
Good day to all the gurus in the house, my cousin wants to invite me to the UK for a 2weeks visit and he’s ready to pay accommodation for that period. I am self employed and have a corporate account that’s not doing bad with in flow and outflow presently, but I don’t pay myself salary monthly. What do you guys think, should I go ahead?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2019
Menakay:

I have used it for several applications with no issues, d good thing about it is, it reduces d cost of ur trip when making application.

Exactly! The most important thing is that ECO have seen your evidence of accommodation. Even most white tourists made use of hostel. Every one is trying to reduce cost which the ECO understands.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
You can actually challenge a General Visit Refusal through Judicial Review.
justwise:

Dude your solicitor is sending letter of reconsideration to the HomeOffice and not judicial review, anybody can do this and still get positive/negative result.

These solicitors will give you the impression that you can appeal visa refusal or go for Judicial review and you pay then they write letter of reconsideration.

You are wasting your money with solicitor because anybody can send a letter to immigration asking for reconsideration about seemly unfair visa refusal

You can't take the homeoffice to court for tourist visa refusal

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
Opeyemi007:
You can actually challenge a General Visit Refusal through Judicial Review.

Give me govt link on that and not from any solicitor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
Mrves111:

This is the right thread for your question https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4/381#2575449.12218
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
molusesi83:

Get it stamped by your bank and also get cover letter from them then you can submit both
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
Justblow:

It is clear that you admit not your mistakes even when you are wrong in all ways, admit you don't know anything about this process and so disappointing, you still arguing with people with practical experience of this issues.

Anyways, thank God for platforms like this, it really brings out the real you...

You will never add to your knowledge, if you keep thinking you know it all...

Are you including yourself in that?

I learn every day from people with experience but not people like you.

You don't read half of materials i read here in this section daily and from other source.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
giselle237:
Ogajustwise, my spouse got all visas with shared accommodation. Cowgate Hostel, Edinburgh about [b]90gbp [/b]booked thru booking.com
It is possible sir

£90 for how many days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
justwise:

Give me govt link on that and not from any solicitor

While there isn't an official link from the gov.uk, a google search would show you hundreds of people that have had their refusal overturned. In Judicial Review, Judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. They would not issue the Visa nor tell the home office to issue the Visa but they'd order the home office to reassess the application in accordance with the Visit Guidance if found wanting.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/visit-visa-refusals-appeal-or-judicial-review/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beholddean: 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
The mail will come from TLS. But they will only send it after getting signal from UKVI requesting for the passport

bikram6100:

congratulations oga for your visa.
please i just want to know;
who sent you email for passport submission request , it was from TLS? or it was from UKVI?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Please can anyone help with the right thread for spouse visa.. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MabraO: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
Who is travelling to London on sat 17th of this month via Etihad airline to Abu Dhabi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
Opeyemi007:

[b]While there isn't an official link from the gov.uk, [/b]a google search would show you hundreds of people that have had their refusal overturned. In Judicial Review, Judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. They would not issue the Visa nor tell the home office to issue the Visa but they'd order the home office to reassess the application in accordance with the Visit Guidance if found wanting.

Off course non exist and that tells all you need to know, all the info you get online are from solicitors and not a single official website mentioning it.

Solicitors have to make a living so i don't blame them, if you are refused a non-immigration visa is either you reply and address the refusal or you send letter of complain/reconsideration to the embassy or you waste your money with solicitors claiming to help you with judicial review while they basically write the UKBA to reconsider their decision.

Done with this though.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
justwise:

Off course non exist and that tells all you need to know, all the info you get online are from solicitors and not a single official website mentioning it.

Solicitors have to make a living so i don't blame them, if you are refused a non-immigration visa is either you reply and address the refusal or you send letter of complain/reconsideration to the embassy or you waste your money with solicitors claiming to help you with judicial review while they basically write the UKBA to reconsider their decision.

Done with this though.

It doesn't just end at submitting the " Pre Action Protocol " Letter. I have seen people win these claims and the home office was responsible for their legal fees cos the loser pays the winner's fees but if you believe it's non existent then its fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by blank(f): 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
Monmarri:

My colleague used it for her visa application and she was granted a tourist visa.

People might get it but it's very hard to get. So, if other things are okay, the VO might waive it for you. However, if the VO already had doubts, it would further cement his doubts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
6 days. Cowgate hostel in Edinburgh
justwise:

£90 for how many days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
Justblow:
Please can anyone help with the right thread for spouse visa.. Many thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2
UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel - Nigeria - Nairaland ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sterope(f): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
You cannot take the government for refusal to issue visa. Justwise is right.
Opeyemi007:

While there isn't an official link from the gov.uk, a google search would show you hundreds of people that have had their refusal overturned. In Judicial Review, Judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. They would not issue the Visa nor tell the home office to issue the Visa but they'd order the home office to reassess the application in accordance with the Visit Guidance if found wanting.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dre44k(m): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
Please someone should answer me, I don’t want to do the wrong thing. Thanks
dre44k:
Good day to all the gurus in the house, my cousin wants to invite me to the UK for a 2weeks visit and he’s ready to pay accommodation for that period. I am self employed and have a corporate account that’s not doing bad with in flow and outflow presently, but I don’t pay myself salary monthly. What do you guys think, should I go ahead?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
Monmarri:

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2
UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel - Nigeria - Nairaland ...

Thanks.... Appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sterope(f): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Wait for 28 days.

Mrves111:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
Opeyemi007:

It doesn't just end at submitting the " Pre Action Protocol " Letter. I have seen people win these claims and the home office was responsible for their legal fees cos the loser pays the winner's fees but if you believe it's non existent then its fine.

Honeoffice pays your legal fees for visiting visa refusal judicial review? You really have a bad joke dude
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
justwise:

Honeoffice pays your legal fees for visiting visa refusal judicial review? You really have a bad joke dude

Lol. I'd appreciate if you could ask anyhow you know that lives in the UK and knows pretty much about this. In Judicial Review, once the claims has been filed, the home office legal department either conceded ( negotiates ) or file their document called the acknowledge of service (let's meet in court). Once again, you are contesting the LEGALITY of the DECISION MADE I.E were the rules followed? If found wanting, the court would order them to reassess the application and they'd pay your legal fees. It's the same way you pay theirs if you lose. I respect you a lot sir, you've been helpful to literally everyone on this thread but on this very argument, You don't know quite well about it. No offense
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
Opeyemi007:

Lol. I'd appreciate if you could ask anyhow you know that lives in the UK and knows pretty much about this. In Judicial Review, once the claims has been filed, the home office legal department either conceded ( negotiates ) or file their document called the acknowledge of service (let's meet in court). Once again, you are contesting the LEGALITY of the DECISION MADE I.E were the rules followed? If found wanting, the court would order them to reassess the application and they'd pay your legal fees. It's the same way you pay theirs if you lose. I respect you a lot sir, you've been helpful to literally everyone on this thread but on this very argument, You don't know quite well about it. No offense

You know nothing about what you are talking about, the process you copied and pasted here is not for vising visa refusal.

You can't appeal visiting visa refusal let alone go for judicial review then hoping for HomeOffice to pay you money we wasted with your lawyer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
Opeyemi007:

@Ope...you ve spoken well, Infact, you know what you talking about, appeal and admin review stopped 2013 by the home office and as we speak now you can still appeal or call for admin review on some sets of visit visa based Mainly on human right ground.

And more over, is there a ground or situation in life that affects you or your rights that you can't address using the court of law?... I don't think so.

I know someone that was denied 4 times, he hired a lawyer to put in for him for the 5th time and the home office refused him, base on no solid tie to his country, do you know, the law firm had to seek redress in court... The home office did not only over turn their decision, but also pay the law firm.

This things happens every day, as we speak, there are thousands of judicial review going on, why is someone now making normalcy look as if it is a taboo...

Opeyemi.... You've spoken well...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
molusesi83:
Plsease@justwise...Can I use Microfinance bank statement for my UK application becos that is where they pay my salary

It wont fly...

If Oga Justwise says it will fly then no wahala... but make sure its a genuine microfinance account statement ooo. Cos they r gonna do thorough checks ... the Uk Embassy has not forgotten what happened to them between 2010 - 2012.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.