Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438485 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:09am On Nov 04, 2021
Firefunmi2014:
Good evening all.I am here again oh...lol.My niece is staying with me and I will like to take her along to UK as a dependant. How will I go about it in term of the legal paper that will help in visa application process.
Thank you
it wont work. Forget about it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2021
Kelebabaj:
Hello, please do visitors still need to quarantine in the UK? Also is the Covid vaccine certificate accepted there?
nigerian covid certificate is valid. Scan ur barcode and print it out. U will need to pay for day 2 tests. Read www.gov.uk for the rest of the guidelines

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:12am On Nov 04, 2021
djbaju:
Good evening house, my dad and mom want to apply for Uk 6 month visit visa, am I going to make a family application or make a separate application for each of them then indicate they are traveling together? I hope to get your views thanks
separate applications, separate visa fees.. u can mention on each person’s form they are travelling with the other
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by djbaju(m): 7:17am On Nov 04, 2021
djbaju:
Good evening house, my dad and mom want to apply for Uk 6 month visit visa, am I going to make a family application or make a separate application for each of them then indicate they are traveling together? I hope to get your views thanks

Pls can someone please respond to this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 7:33am On Nov 04, 2021
chima1978:
Is there anyone here who did their biometrics in October and has received their visa? It seems like they are not attending to applications according to how they were received.
My Aunty that did biometrics (Standard) on September 17th, got her visa just yesterday after 47 days!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 7:57am On Nov 04, 2021
Success2011:
My Aunty that did biometrics (Standard) on September 17th, got her visa just yesterday after 47 days!

After 47 days. Does paid mail and phone call really help or be patient till they reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ladydelish(f): 8:03am On Nov 04, 2021
Hi Ritlala, could you please work me through how the error on your husband’s dependent visa was resolved, I’ve tried sending an email but not sure it dropped. Thank you ��

ritlala:
Hello fam,

Please I am the main applicant and already in UK, but my dependents (children) are yet to join me. Please I want to know if my husband who is a dependent can use his account statement to apply for the kids visa. Note that he is also in UK with me and we can not move the money out of his account to mine because of some issues with my own account.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beedollas(f): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2021
Thank you for your response

Tutu82:

I would say based on the information you provided in your application form,the consular officer did not find you eligible to enter the United States.Therefore it was not necessary to check your physical documents.

You cannot ignore a question you clearly know the answer to plus the fact US rejected you does not mean Uk will do the same.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beedollas(f): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2021
I still need more input please, gurus in the house, help �

Beedollas:
hi sir,thank you for your response. shamefully, i have tried getting a hang on how to send you a pm but not succeeded :- however i have gone through the thread and will like to drop my status for the gurus in the house to help put me on the right track.

I am a widow with two children age 4 and 6 years old, it has been a hectic 4 years for me since my husband died. I have been struggling with high blood pressure, depression and other health challenges due to emotional distress. my kids are finally old enough to stay with my mom for atleast 3 weeks without me, and i wanted to use this opportunity to take a break, a well deserved vacation grin My brother inlaw has offered to sponsor me on the trip so i plan on going to uk under tourist visa on the 18th of December if im granted Visa.

I do business, and my 12 months bank statement is currently over 3m, although the ending balance is zero lolx. i do not have a registered company and dont have any trace of salary paid to my account, except money i make from sales... this made me opt for unemployment while filling the form to avoid me fumbling when asked to defend my funds.

question 1 ... will the unemployment status affect my application, being that ill be 100% sponsored by my inlaw?
2 what documents does my inlaw have to give as my sponsor?
3 will i need any document to proof that i was married / widowed? if yes, please what documents do i need to submit?
4 Do i also need to proof that i have kids, as my tie? if yes what documents of my kids do i need to submit?
5 i plan to stay in a hotel for the whole period (3 weeks) because i dont know anyone in uk, will this be a problem?
6 is it to late to apply for a standard Visa now, knowing that i want to travel on the 18th after my children school term closes?
7 if yes to no 6, is it advisable to apply for a priority on a vacation? what will be my reason for the rush?
8 my hotel and flight already is at a million naira, and i wanted to add 300k for other expenses as food, transportation, tour and shopping for my kids, making it a total of 1.3m for the trip, considering this, how much does my inlaw need to be earning or have in his account to be on a safe side?
9 please a page on the application form asked "why are they sponsoring you"? is this where im supposed to write my self introduction letter? and is it compulsory?
10 finally grin please i read that im supposed to write in detail my itinerary through out my stay, stating in detail how ill be spending the whole 3 weeks attaching cost and names of places ill be visiting, which will have to sum upto my total estimated expenses, is this information correct? if no, please what do i need to do in that regard.

I will also appreciate any information or a pointer as to how I can make my letter of explanation convincing . Any good writter in the house?��

God bless you all as i anticipate clarification.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dee1504: 8:31am On Nov 04, 2021
Firefunmi2014:
VISA Alert

Application Type - Skilled Health Worker

Application Date : Oct 6

Biometric : Oct 19

Visa approved: Oct 28

Passport collected: Nov 2

Thank you all for your assistance through this journey

Congratulations. Please did you pay for standard or Priority?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leilakhadijah(f): 8:41am On Nov 04, 2021
Hi All,

I paid for Standard and did Biometrics on the 30th of Sept, from the comments here it seems it's taking about an average of 2 months for collection.

I have a trip scheduled for the 10th of December, hopefully I should have received mine before then �‍♀️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mlsjim: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2021
Sweetkid:
Hello House,
I am about to get a nice paying job in London but the company is requesting for my National Insurance Number which is yet to be given to me. My question is what do I fill in my application , it can't be left blank. Thanks

Greetings, I read in your previous post about Middlesex University pre CAS interview you attended, kindly assist me with the likely questions to expect from them.I just got an unconditional offer for September intake. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jaybee0519: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2021
House please any help here. I'll really appreciate it. No response from tls still and application on tracker still showing dmc

Jaybee0519:
Please house urgent clarification needed. What does this mail mean exactly. Nothing in the mail or spam though.
Please house help with this

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicki2020: 8:58am On Nov 04, 2021
Please did she get a brp email before the passport pick up or what email did she get please
My Aunty that did biometrics (Standard) on September 17th, got her visa just yesterday after 47 days![/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicki2020: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2021
I did mine 23rd and I haven't gotten mine I even paid for priority service

I paid for Standard and did Biometrics on the 30th of Sept, from the comments here it seems it's taking about an average of 2 months for collection.

I have a trip scheduled for the 10th of December, hopefully I should have received mine before then �‍♀️[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 04, 2021
Firefunmi2014:
Good evening all.

I am here again oh...lol.

My niece is staying with me and I will like to take her along to UK as a dependant. How will I go about it in term of the legal paper that will help in visa application process.

Thank you

Good morning Firefunmi2014.

First of all is she your niece by birth or marriage? where is here mother?and do you have settled status?.

This would be a most difficult application.

The paper work and evidential burden you need to provide alone is headache for days and would depend on if you are her legal guardian and she is fully dependant on you to survive plus under the age of 18.

At the moment due to human trafficking and doctoring documentation,Our country Nigeria as at March 2021 has been placed on the restricted list so even if you adopt her now it would not be recognised here and you would have to battle with the courts.

How am sure this particular route would not work?.I have my British Naturalisation and we now want children.In doing the research i gathered all this information.
I have put a link below incase you want to have a read.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/965905/Restricted_List_2021.pdf

I try to never say never as i try to be positive yet blunt.Pull out your plan B options and make alternative plans for your niece.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 9:03am On Nov 04, 2021
Vicki2020:
Please did she get a brp email before the passport pick up or what email did she get please
It is a visitor visa. Visitor visa applicants do not receive BRP mails.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Reine22: 9:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Would it be helpful to send a paid email before the first 15 working days timeline elapses to help speed up the process? Because it seems sending the paid email may help with processing the visa faster.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2021
Good morning,
please it possible to engage the service of courier to deliver passport from tls to one's home after biometrics while the applicaton is still at DMC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:48am On Nov 04, 2021
Reine22:
Would it be helpful to send a paid email before the first 15 working days timeline elapses to help speed up the process? Because it seems sending the paid email may help with processing the visa faster.
I don’t think that paid email thing works, paid email or not your application will take how long it’ll take and come out when they’re ready. Paid emails and phone calls have always existed as far back as 2014(i used this service then) and I can say if it’s just to find out the status of your application Just chill and don’t waste your coins, if it’s for an error or super delayed passport or something then you can go for it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oagold: 10:02am On Nov 04, 2021
Hello house, please has anyone who did biometrics on September 7th 2021 for visitors visa (standard) received any collection mail?
I already sent a paid email and they replied its been escalated and they also replied that it's taking longer than necessary because of they have high demand of visas globally.
Just wondering because I noticed on here that some people that did biometrics on the 6th of September have gotten theirs..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Oagold:
Hello house, please has anyone who did biometrics on September 7th 2021 for visitors visa (standard) received any collection mail?
I already sent a paid email and they replied its been escalated and they also replied that it's taking longer than necessary because of they have high demand of visas globally.
Just wondering because I noticed on here that some people that did biometrics on the 6th of September have gotten theirs..
Read back to yesterday, someone from 7th got , I saw something like that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 04, 2021
A refusal letter was sent to me by email. It was sent from this email visitsuk.customerdispatch@fcdo.gov.uk

[quote author=Vicki2020 post=107308856]Please was the refusal email sent to you by email and how was it sent was it from the eco or just ukvi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 10:38am On Nov 04, 2021
coopfortune:
Good morning,
please it possible to engage the service of courier to deliver passport from tls to one's home after biometrics while the applicaton is still at DMC?

is this possible please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by labiola: 11:08am On Nov 04, 2021
edu2014:
Good evening!
Please has anyone applied for UK Health and care (Skilled worker) immigration Visa recently?
Question: I realized that I can't find the section for Dependant details on my form and several attempts to detect any error I made while providing right details to the form prove abortive.
I seriously need assistance on how to fill the form so that the dependant details section will surface. Thank you in anticipation of your response.

You can only add your spouse information as a dependant . That is what my wife did.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 2011me: 11:14am On Nov 04, 2021
[/color][color=#006600]Hello I am new here
I need someone to help me
My dependent did biometric on 21 Oct (priority)
26 (got non straight forward email) from UKVISA because he has an immigration history
What we can do? Because my master degree started on 20/9

Could we mail or call them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Firefunmi2014: 11:14am On Nov 04, 2021
dee1504:

Congratulations. Please did you pay for standard or Priority?
Standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Firefunmi2014: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2021
giselle237:
it wont work. Forget about it

Please why did you say so? Any available options?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Firefunmi2014: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2021
Peace505:

Congratulations.
Was it standard or priority you used?
Did you receive BRP email before collecting your passport?

Thank you.

Standard.

Yes I got my BRP email before collecting my passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2021
Please kindly help me out, I'm now on point of booking an appointment now now please what time and what package is free ? Because when I click on different time it's showing premium does that mean I will pay for it?

Please what's free time ? Also I'm opt to self service
What prime time appointment mean?

Please what's you have selected a premium appointment for 14:00 on? Is that free time

I want a free time that I will go for my biometric

Pls help

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shakiratemma(f): 11:28am On Nov 04, 2021
Good day all.
Pls i want to ask as to how i can go about applying for a transit visa to the UK? What is required and also will i be interviewed as well? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:29am On Nov 04, 2021
Gentlesoul premium is not free you’ll have to pay and with the crowd in ikeja now , if you don’t mind spending the whole day there , I’ll say pay for prime time, do your thing early morning before the influx and leave

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.