Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438385 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
careerwoman:
Hello guys
Please I need your help.
Please does anyone know how I can get in contact with Qatar Airways office in Doha by phone call?
I booked a ticket directly from their website and would like to reschedule however, the contact centers in India I’ve been connected to through their helplines are not yielding to my request.
Or is there a physical office in Abuja I can visit tomorrow?

Have you tried their website to make the changes?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teslas: 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2022
leef2022:

Hello,

Thanks for your quote. But i never said the applicant being unemployed was a concern or the only concerns the ECO held in reaching a conclusion. The texts "cracks may lie" was in regards to the op's admission that the applicant did not submit her personal bank statement(s), and in a case if it were deemed necessary for the applicant's husband to write a note as a sponsor, whilst it were lacking.

with every sense of humility, I am lost as to what or how you wish the op to understand that the ECO has no concerns about family pictures, yet you suggesting the applicant to include such.
Thanks

Kind regards.

Thanks for pointing out that phrase. What i meant was that her pictures with her husband and kids were not a concern but the pictures of her and her sister along with every member of their immediate family. Then, i mentioned that they can still include the pictures with her husband and kids in their next application as a tie back in Nigeria. We are trying to help...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cycloe: 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
Teslas:

Good suggestions,

In addition, the UK accepts a 6 months statement of account, and if her husband wants to put money it is fine. But let the money have a purpose that will be tied to you. Both or another third party can do the transfer and tie it as you are sending her to buy land or something important. If she is not buying anything, let the money has purpose and remain in her account for one month before applying and the money should be there for the entire application. Ikeja is fine and wait, is she traveling with the kids?.

Thank you . She is travelling alone . Her kids are in a nigeria .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
beautyuche:
Very quick and it was not priority.
Biometrics was 30th December
i cant make out most of what is in your refusal letter. You said the refusal letter seems different from what you filled on your form. This is a start so we know what to do. Can you elaborate and name the differences comparing what is on your refusal letter against what you filled on your form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teslas: 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
beautyuche:

Sorry about the refusal, but point to note in my opinion,

1. The ECO has concern about your about to expired certificate. To an ECO, they always want your employee documents to be up to date and in tact so with that they can be fully sure you are still working in the company. Even if it is about to expire, and you have registered to renew the certificate, you must include it in your application. That is why the ECO pointed out that your marine certificate is not up for renewal meaning no evidence to support that.

2. I also noticed that your employment was August, 2020. This should not be a concern, but it is always good to wait for 6 months in your current employment before applying for UK Visa as they demand for 6 months statement of account. The ECO might think you created a fictitious employment just to get a UK Visa.

3. I also noted that you wrote a letter stating your purpose of your visit but the part for booking training in person is not stated in your application form. Please limit what you write in your letter and keep the purpose brief in your application form alone but if you already have a planned tour and you have an itinerary for that, so you can state that in your letter. Remember, you don't need plenty or thousand reasons to visit the UK or anywhere in the world.

4. There i nothing wrong in submitting two account statements, but let the purpose of the money in your account be clear, and if you want to put money in your account and prove that it is your then you should leave the money in your account for at least one month and keep the account running as much as you can. Also do you have two personal saving account. It is always good to submit personal account that is running and which they will see that the money is always available to you for any purpose. NOTE: it doesn't matter that you have plenty money as at the time of your submission but just to prove that you have a running account that can hold your entire traveling expenses and they are always available to you.

5. However, you have a good history with your son being an America citizen. You have gotten a UK visa in the past, and are good working history, so please look into these points of my opinion and try again. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
Please when do they normally send the refusal mail?, is it after collecting your passport at VAC or after they send you collection mail ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evetyson(f): 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
Before receiving the collection mail
Sus4:
Please when do they normally send the refusal mail?, is it after collecting your passport at VAC or after they send you collection mail ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
evetyson:
Before receiving the collection mail

Ok , that's to say your visa will most likely be approved if you get your collection mail without being previously sent a refusal mail ?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
Teslas:

Thanks for pointing out that phrase. What i meant was that her pictures with her husband and kids were not a concern but the pictures of her and her sister along with every member of their immediate family. Then, i mentioned that they can still include the pictures with her husband and kids in their next application as a tie back in Nigeria. We are trying to help...

so the applicant's husband and the kids are no immediate family?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DhammiBB: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by careerwoman(f): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
Aibisoye0:

Have you tried their website to make the changes?
Thank you.
Finally tried the website. Sadly, I found out that I have to pay the fare difference between the itineraries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2022
Good insight Tesla's, but the ECO didn't have any problem that the employment was August 2020, if you noticed the ECO also mention the applicant is living in a rented accommodate.

The Eco wanted the applicant to know that is acknowledge on what is filled in the visa application.

Teslas:

1. The ECO has concern about your about to expired certificate. To an ECO, they always want your employee documents to be up to date and in tact so with that they can be fully sure you are still working in the company. Even if it is about to expire, and you have registered to renew the certificate, you must include it in your application. That is why the ECO pointed out that your marine certificate is not up for renewal meaning no evidence to support that.

2. I also noticed that your employment was August, 2020. This should not be a concern, but it is always good to wait for 6 months in your current employment before applying for UK Visa as they demand for 6 months statement of account. The ECO might think you created a fictitious employment just to get a UK Visa.

3. I also noted that you wrote a letter stating your purpose of your visit but the part for booking training in person is not stated in your application form. Please limit what you write in your letter and keep the purpose brief in your application form alone but if you already have a planned tour and you have an itinerary for that, so you can state that in your letter. Remember, you don't need plenty or thousand reasons to visit the UK or anywhere in the world.

4. There i nothing wrong in submitting two account statements, but let the purpose of the money in your account be clear, and if you want to put money in your account and prove that it is your then you should leave the money in your account for at least one month and keep the account running as much as you can. Also do you have two personal saving account. It is always good to submit personal account that is running and which they will see that the money is always available to you for any purpose. NOTE: it doesn't matter that you have plenty money as at the time of your submission but just to prove that you have a running account that can hold your entire traveling expenses and they are always available to you.

5. However, you have a good history with your son being an America citizen. You have gotten a UK visa in the past, and are good working history, so please look into these points of my opinion and try again. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teslas: 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2022
leef2022:

so the applicant's husband and the kids are no immediate family?

They are immediate family with the husband's surname, but in this case who is the sponsor, it was her sister. So in respect to the application as the sponsor, the pictures of her sister and every other of her siblings are important to the ECO than others. But if the husband is the sponsor then picture of your sister with her husband and kids is considered more. You can shed more light too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2022
Teslas:

They are immediate family with the husband's surname, but in this case who is the sponsor, it was her sister. So in respect to the application as the sponsor, the pictures of her sister and every other of her siblings are important to the ECO than others. But if the husband is the sponsor then picture of your sister with her husband and kids is considered more. You can shed more light too.

So if the applicant's cousin was the sponsor, the cousin is an immediate family to the applicant ahead of the applicant's children and husband?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evetyson(f): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
Yes
Sus4:

Ok , that's to say your visa will most likely be approved if you get your collection mail without being previously sent a refusal mail ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evetyson(f): 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
My cousin was my sponsor and we don't bear same surname and I did not show any pictures of both of us together. I just provided my pay slip did not add my bank account and was given Visa
Teslas:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
on a lighter note… be like we now have UKVI entry clearance officers on this thread because the way you people are doing …. The poster has picked what she can pick.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Davdav01: 5:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
You don't need a BRP here in Nigeria...BRP will be given to you in UK...just go to the Post office you chose when filling your application form with the letter in your visa/passport when it was issued.
DhammiBB:
11 working days today and I am yet to hear from UKVI as regards my BRP letter… Can’t book my flight because I don’t have the letter and Cost of flights is increasing daily, I have just few days left before my vignette expires….

Any advice on what I can do..?

NOTE: Sent 2 paid mails and someone called on my behalf in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2022
evetyson:
Yes

Ok thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kuntash: 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2022
giselle237:
on a lighter note… be like we now have UKVI entry clearance officers on this thread because the way you people are doing …. The poster has picked what she can pick.

Why I like this thread irrespective of who is reading is the fact that almost 100% of applicants are encouraged to be sincere

This is a good part of life and the way to go ...

If anyone is familiar with some of the programs shown on discovery or national geographic ... Like the UK boarder security and some that has to do with how security experts burst crimes relating to immigration ... You would really appreciate the need to be sincere in such endeavors ..

I once watched a program where the UK investigative expert went as far as Jankara market inside Lagos island .... For those in Lagos , you should know how that place is ..

So it does no one any good to fake things as such , this thread has boosted my confidence that at least being sincere on issues as this sort of applications is quite worth it ..

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teslas: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2022
evetyson:
My cousin was my sponsor and we don't bear same surname and I did not show any pictures of both of us together. I just provided my pay slip did not add my bank account and was given Visa

Yes, you can be given a visa depending on the ECO handling your document. I have summited an application to the UK before, which i made plenty of mistakes in my application. I was given the visa, i never and didn't discover it until when i wanted to apply again. So, do not wait on luck alone, Let get the proper documents into our application and pray for luck and God intervention along with it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ThaSlimKidd: 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2022
Good evening all.

Please has anyone travelled with Ethiopian airlines after the rule change for fully vaccinated persons not requiring pre-departure negative covid test before travelling to the UK.

I am reading conflicting statements on the requirement for pre-departure covid test prior to flying out. My issue is the fact that there's a stopover at Addis Ababa before connecting back to Heathrow.

My question: Does one need to have a negative pcr test before flying to the UK?
Please kindly assist. Can't get through to customer care by emails or call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teslas: 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
giselle237:

Hmmmm, kind of.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DhammiBB: 6:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
There was no letter when my visa was issued… that’s why I asked the question if I can go without the letter….

Davdav01:
You don't need a BRP here in Nigeria...BRP will be given to you in UK...just go to the Post office you chose when filling your application form with the letter in your visa/passport when it was issued.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sulee23(f): 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
I can understand your worries. At my POE, the border officer particularly asked that a letter was given to me to present to the immigration officer, where is the letter?
Considering your vignette expiring soon, I don't advice u wait, they might ask they might not. Because if your vignette expires it's another long wait to get another visa stamped.

DhammiBB:
There was no letter when my visa was issued… that’s why I asked the question if I can go without the letter….

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DhammiBB: 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
Yeah, thank you so much….. I still hope I get a favorable response from UKVI this week. Tho I booked my flight already….I can’t afford to wait for another vignette.

Sulee23:
I can understand your worries. At my POE, the border officer particularly asked that a letter was given to me to present to the immigration officer, where is the letter?
Considering your vignette expiring soon, I don't advice u wait, they might ask they might not. Because if your vignette expires it's another long wait to get another visa stamped.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ThaSlimKidd: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
ThaSlimKidd:
Good evening all.

Please has anyone travelled with Ethiopian airlines after the rule change for fully vaccinated persons not requiring pre-departure negative covid test before travelling to the UK.

I am reading conflicting statements on the requirement for pre-departure covid test prior to flying out. My issue is the fact that there's a stopover at Addis Ababa before connecting back to Heathrow.

My question: Does one need to have a negative pcr test before flying to the UK?
Please kindly assist. Can't get through to customer care by emails or call.
Any help please would be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nkemosarodion65: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2022
ThaSlimKidd:

Any help please would be appreciated
Good evening house.please how much to apply for visa ...for UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
https://www.gov.uk/visa-fees
Nkemosarodion65:

Good evening house.please how much to apply for visa ...for UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beautyuche: 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Thank you for the review. I got confuse reading it. Will make corrections when applying next time. How long do I wait to reapply.

Teslas:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 12:08am On Jan 16, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have a question that’s a little off road. Please help! Has anyone successfully applied for a U.S. visa from the UK and sat their interview over there? I mean Nigerians with just a tourist visa. Just wondering if this is permissible and feasible for my husband who wants to renew his U.S. visa due to the long waiting times in Nigeria. The website says they can take applications from all nationals regardless of their status in the UK as long as they’re not illegals but I want to know if this has worked for anyone practically. Thanks for your advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 3:10am On Jan 16, 2022
beautyuche:

The problem with your application was the recent lodgment of 2 million into your account. Most people will see this as misrepresentation of your financial position.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.