Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,143 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1437968 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
Hello @7031646386. I have gone through the recent replies and I believe that @giselle237 & @AmeliaT have both given enough scrutiny of your application based on the refusal letter. Kindly take note of these. You can reapply once your circumstances change.
You should also visit other countries like South Africa, Dubai & Turkey before reapplying to the UK. This will further solidify your financial standing with the ECO

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:02pm On Jan 18, 2022
Oneguy03:
Please how many months of bank statement does one need to provide for standard visit visa for a wedding?
Also, what's the least amount to have in the account.
except it’s the couple’s parent, I feel like wedding is not a strong reason for visa to be issued. So many denials for all trivial occasions abound… could it be the visa officers see them as trivial?? Worst case inside pandemic…
If someone comes for a wedding and decides not to go back, will you force the grown adult? No. It’s even worse for those with no travel history and sufficient ties to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
Oneguy03:
Thanks for this detailed response. The circumstance however is that the application is based on an invitation for a wedding. Does this make any difference on these things I need to consider?
concentrate on solving now what will bring the applicant back to Nigeria after wedding. If you cant convince yourself, you can’t convince ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 11:19pm On Jan 18, 2022
giselle237:
except it’s the couple’s parent, I feel like wedding is not a strong reason for visa to be issued. So many denials for all trivial occasions abound… could it be the visa officers see them as trivial?? Worst case inside pandemic…
If someone comes for a wedding and decides not to go back, will you force the grown adult? No. It’s even worse for those with no travel history and sufficient ties to Nigeria.

Dear sir/madam,
With all due respect but permit me to disagree with this, I quote "is not a strong reason for visa to be issued"
Are you now saying leaving to go count bridges, sight seeing and maybe visiting a zoo is such striking? Either of these could be done on google and a tourist could decide not to leave either at the end of his/her visit.
If the applicant intends to visit for a wedding i believe it is strong enough, but you must try to establish your relationship (either as a relative or friend why attending the wedding is paramount to you) just like a tourist would need to demonstrate why going to count bridges are of essence to him/her during this time of pandemic.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:37pm On Jan 18, 2022
leef2022:

Dear sir/madam,
With all due respect but permit me to disagree with this, I quote "is not a strong reason for visa to be issued"
Are you now saying leaving to go count bridges, sight seeing and maybe visiting a zoo is such striking? Either of these could be done on google and a tourist could decide not to leave either and the end of his/her visit.
If the applicant intends to visit for a wedding i believe it is strong enough, but you must try to establish your relationship (either as a relative or friend why attending the wedding is paramount to you) just like a tourist would need to demonstrate why going to count bridges are of essence to him/her during this time of pandemic.
Yes google is enough. Or perhaps it is not enough for tourism. Lmao.
When you get a better understanding of why people are refused visas so easily you will understand my point especially from countries such as ‘acclaimed third world nations’. If I start explaining, you wont understand so there’s no point. no vex.
I strongly stand for parents reasons. Theirs is most paramount, others are secondary… again I refuse to delve into this.
The op was hinging on the fact that he was issuing invitation letter for wedding… i am only trying to make him/her understand it is not the lifeline for visa issuance. Check the ties of the individual to their country. What will bring them back. This is the basis for a visa to be issued. IV for wedding is inconsequential to me. Na my opinion.
Lots of visa denials here are easily avoidable. There are however those few that you can see ecos winchi winchi. The rest are starightforward and could have gone in the right direction. So when I see I am going for birthday.. I am going for wedding .. this is inconsequential.
Howver if another person says this has been the most stressful year of my life.. I have had a hectic time at work and just deserve a break from work and my immediate environment and decided to undertake this trip whilst backing it up with reasons and adequate ties you have a fighting stance. What ever it is the trip must have an intention! It is not enough to say I want to attend wedding… why? Answer the intention!
If we start now. We wont finish.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2022
cutebear:
Hello @7031646386. I have gone through the recent replies and I believe that @giselle237 & @AmeliaT have both given enough scrutiny of your application based on the refusal letter. Kindly take note of these. You can reapply once your circumstances change.
You should also visit other countries like South Africa, Dubai & Turkey before reapplying to the UK. This will further solidify your financial standing with the ECO

hmm,
You says solidify the applicant's financial standing with the ECO, how pls? if the applicant visited any of the listed countries for tourism, would he be rewarded with cash for visiting? Mind you, he's got a possible trip to the US, and now you add to his list 3 more countries?
From the ECO reasons for refusal the applicant showed gross feint priorities, attempt to abscond from his duty to his pregnant partner, further he demonstrated that perhaps maybe the only reason he may return to Nigeria would be for a US visa interview, not to mention i am not sure he demonstrated how he would continue to run his many different businesses and the well-being of his partner whilst away.
He needs to get settled with his new family, sort things out like a man, and plan a lovely get away for himself, partner and child. He has the funds 7mil, all he needs to do show, how he's earned that and make things simple, concise and precise in his next application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kristina22: 11:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
Good evening everyone,

My husband is currently in Sweden but recently got a job in the U.K. Since he hasn't been in Sweden for 6 months, we are confused on whether or not he needs to do the Tuberculosis test. The organisation he is joining says he doesn't need it, but the reply he got when he contacted UKVI says "even if a test is not required during the application, the DMC may ask for one when reviewing your application"

First question is, should he go ahead and do it anyway?

If yes, there is no approved centre in Sweden which means he would likely come back to Nigeria to do it. Hope it won't matter if we fill country of departure as Nigeria even though he won't be travelling from Nigeria? Sweden is not on the list.

I would appreciate any clarification I can get. Please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oneguy03(m): 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
Well you could argue that in a circumstance where the visitor overstays, Home office has a reference point to track the visitor. (Inviter's address in this case). Also, if the UK resident is sponsoring the trip, does the visitor need to prove ties to Nigeria? I mean some people are stay-at-home moms for example, without proper earnings. Do they not stand a chance of visiting the UK on invitation?
giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:00am On Jan 19, 2022
Kristina22:
Good evening everyone,
My husband is currently in Sweden but recently got a job in the U.K. Since he hasn't been in Sweden for 6 months, we are confused on whether or not he needs to do the Tuberculosis test. The organisation he is joining says he doesn't need it, but the reply he got when he contacted UKVI says "even if a test is not required during the application, the DMC may ask for one when reviewing your application"
First question is, should he go ahead and do it anyway?
If yes, there is no approved centre in Sweden which means he would likely come back to Nigeria to do it. Hope it won't matter if we fill country of departure as Nigeria even though he won't be travelling from Nigeria? Sweden is not on the list.
I would appreciate any clarification I can get. Please.
this is January 18, where was he July 18? 6 months ago. If he has not spent 6 months there I believe he needs one. Contact the UKVI and tell them the part u have mentioned there is no approved centre in sweden, they will reply you on what to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 12:01am On Jan 19, 2022
giselle237:

When you get a better understanding of why people are refused visas so easily you will understand my point especially from countries such as ‘acclaimed third world nations’. If I start explaining, you wont understand so there’s no point. no vex.
I strongly stand for parents reasons. Theirs is most paramount, others are secondary… again I refuse to delve into this.
The op was hinging on the fact that he was issuing invitation letter for wedding… i am only trying to make him/her understand it is not the lifeline for visa issuance. Check the ties of the individual to their country. What will bring them back. This is the basis for a visa to be issued. IV for wedding is inconsequential to me. Na my opinion.

I maybe lacking understanding from your claims but I doubt it, it is only right an applicant present reasons for an intended visit as applicable to him/her. failure to do so and the ECO handling the application finds out may result in a refusal. An IV for a wedding is not inconsequential yet should not be the only thing presented, weddings are mostly attended on an Invite and without an invite, how does the applicant demonstrate that he/she would not constitute plague in the function or exceed the permissible number of guests for a public function if there were to be any public policy in regards to this pandemic? The invite carries honor to the guest from the couples and should be honored by the ECO if the applicant is able to demonstrate with other supporting documents that being at the wedding is something both parties are very happy and looking forward to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:08am On Jan 19, 2022
Oneguy03:
Well you could argue that in a circumstance where the visitor overstays, Home office has a reference point to track the visitor. (Inviter's address in this case). Also, if the UK resident is sponsoring the trip, does the visitor need to prove ties to Nigeria? I mean some people are stay-at-home moms for example, without proper earnings. Do they not stand a chance of visiting the UK on invitation?
if you overstay, home office track ke. I do not think I have heard them holding down sponsors because their visitors did not return to Nigeria… a lot of people are on this table… i strongly doubt…
Stay at home moms have a chance as every other applicant. If stay at home mom can not prove what strongly ties her to Nigeria and will ensure she will return, she wont get a visa likewise every other person.
For example her children are one of her ties.. turn it to project.
Project a picture of being the closest mom if there is anythin like that to her kids than any other mother in the world and bow she can never abandon her kids.

By the time you act as if you are sharing oxygen with your kids with pictures showing outings, showing the time spent together, showing inexplainable bond etc and how she has even contracted her mum and mom in law- both to hand in hand take care of her kids in her absence as they are the apples of her eyes.. she so loves them that she is not comfortable with just one but two hands alongside the husband third hanf to care for them in her absebce.. eco will know this one maybe truly cnt leave them…
how stay at home mom is a full time job… how she cherishes bringin up her kids herself and as such has put down any career for now as she feels this is what her children desire of her..
as if they are inside one lifeline.. all is project. Can even contrast her own upbringing and say she wished she received this and that care from her parents and as such vowed since when she was little that nothing will separate her from her kids… for now staying at home is what keeps her fulfilled. plus small other drama and further evidence.. this step crossed.
Like that.. do it for all points..

Then If no proper earnings , what is the relationship of this person to the sponsor… the easy ones in my opinion are parents. It is very easy to spin it on them and throw in emotional drama. Very easy. Talk more if the uk sponsor is financially buoyant. By the time you even bring up the taxes you are paying in a worded letter etc you will be amazed… my hand is paining me, i will continue typing tomorrow lol.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kristina22: 12:10am On Jan 19, 2022
giselle237:
this is January 18, where was he July 18? 6 months ago. If he has not spent 6 months there I believe he needs one. Contact the UKVI and tell them the part u have mentioned there is no approved centre in sweden, they will reply you on what to do.

He was here in Nigeria. This (below) is the response he got when he pressed further. He specifically mentioned that there is no approved testing centre in Sweden.

Dear X,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

You can find more info on TB testing here - https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa 
Even if a test is not required during the application, the DMC may ask for one when reviewing your application. 

The first response was something in the line of the IES staff are unable to provide advice on individual applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:15am On Jan 19, 2022
Kristina22:

He was here in Nigeria. This (below) is the response he got when he pressed further.
Dear X,
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
You can find more info on TB testing here - https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa 
Even if a test is not required during the application, the DMC may ask for one when reviewing your application. 
The first response was something in the line of the IES staff are unable to provide advice on individual applications.

search very well. Tb test in nigeria is xray gor initial one. As long as u scale this you are good to go. Few with sketchy xrays go on to doing sputum analysis et more.
If you delay the application by a few weeks, say august 10… where was he?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 12:20am On Jan 19, 2022
Oneguy03:

Op, this you putting out argument for overstay and tracking which be your own abeg? Your only argument should be you want to go for wedding and return full stop.... all this track, address and rest no be wetyn you go explain for application.
No one is gonna track you, unless you become a danger to the society or you commit a crime or as maybe applicable and are declared person of interest. I off my hand oooo abeg
All the best with your application. Enjoy the events
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kristina22: 12:32am On Jan 19, 2022
giselle237:
search very well. Tb test in nigeria is xray gor initial one. As long as u scale this you are good to go. Few with sketchy xrays go on to doing sputum analysis et more.
If you delay the application by a few weeks, say august 10… where was he?

He was still in Nigeria. He only left in November.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:40am On Jan 19, 2022
Kristina22:

hmm find the UKVI public enquiries email and send them a mail. They should be the best to advice this. I am afraid i dnt know if they will ignore this if you put in an application even though the guidelines say 6 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kristina22: 12:48am On Jan 19, 2022
giselle237:
hmm find the UKVI public enquiries email and send them a mail. They should be the best to advice this. I am afraid i dnt know if they will ignore this if you put in an application even though the guidelines say 6 months.

Thank you for your help. Maybe he will just come back here to Nigeria and do it just to be safe.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 12:49am On Jan 19, 2022
giselle237:

Lots of visa denials here are easily avoidable. There are however those few that you can see ecos winchi winchi. The rest are starightforward and could have gone in the right direction. So when I see I am going for birthday.. I am going for wedding .. this is inconsequential.
Howver if another person says this has been the most stressful year of my life.. I have had a hectic time at work and just deserve a break from work and my immediate environment and decided to undertake this trip whilst backing it up with reasons and adequate ties you have a fighting stance. What ever it is the trip must have an intention! It is not enough to say I want to attend wedding… why? Answer the intention!
If we start now. We wont finish.

We have 195 countries in this world, one is work stressed or as you have stated and needs a change from immediate environment. Africa alone has 54, the person sees 53 other countries as not sufficient for immediate change and rest?
Then there is a wedding function that a couple have chosen a singular venue within the UK (guests do not have 194 or even 54 countries but one to visit or miss out) to attend the occasion yet that is not good intentions to visit or be issued a visa if all supporting and necessary documents are presented?
Honestly, either is sufficient and strong enough for issuance of a visa, and we need not go in to the tag of developing countries, because whatever intentions the applicant chooses for applying for a visiting visa, does not make us developed nation, the applicant must do the right. simple

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:00am On Jan 19, 2022
leef2022:

… understanding my point is far I am afraid……… grin again that was an example for proof of intention of visit. It was not sole reason..

if you do not even know people from developing nations and those from developed nations are not put on the same pedestal for visa issuance… then again.. sorry no vex . You win.
I believe amelia replied the original poster on how to tackle the circumstances, and his reply was about the wedding as though it was the natural and most singular reason for a visa issuance. I went on to explain in that context. For you to continue to choose to pick what you want, that’s fine. My opinion as always.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 1:09am On Jan 19, 2022
Escalate to the UKVI for an answer. Wishing you all the best!
Kristina22:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 1:10am On Jan 19, 2022
My British/Nigerian friend got married to a Nigerian in Croatia and the wedding had over 200 guests from Nigeria who were all issued visas and their reason for the visit was the wedding. My husband's first ever visa was granted to attend a wedding in America.

A wedding of a relative or friend should indeed be a strong enough reason as any to want to travel to a country afterall, many of us have flown in to other countries just for a friend's wedding. What makes or breaks the application is all the other supporting info or documents; not the wedding invitation or lack of. The entire application will be reviewed on its own merit, I believe. The reason is not enough to justify an approval or rejection; the entirety of the application is key.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:12am On Jan 19, 2022
AmeliaT:
My British/Nigerian friend got married to a Nigerian in Croatia and the wedding had over 200 guests from Nigeria who were all issued visas and their reason for the visit was the wedding. My husband's first ever visa was granted to attend a wedding in America.
A wedding of a relative or friend should indeed be a strong enough reason as any to want to travel to a country afterall, many of us have flown in to other countries just for a friend's wedding. What makes or breaks the application is all the other supporting info or documents.
awesome. It is a strong enough reason wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 1:20am On Jan 19, 2022
[quote author=giselle237 post=109491877] … understanding my point is far I am afraid……… grin again that was an example for proof of intention of visit. It was not sole reason.. ema binu. if you do not even know people from developing nations and those from developed nations are not put on the same pedestal for visa issuance… then again.. sorry no vex . You win. wink[/quote

Not vexed a bit, was never convinced with your suggestion that attending a wedding is not a strong evidence, I had put into consideration your moniker as an elder/guru on NL, as such, could discourage the applicant from going ahead with such a life-time event, then you says "third world countries" as if applying for a tourism/studies would change the third world country thingy abi? I tire for your wisdom. You interpreted that as illiteracy then perhaps i understand reasons for the poor op and rushing into conclusions further shows how poorly you handle corrections. Prof. giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 19, 2022
AmeliaT:

A wedding of a relative or friend should indeed be a strong enough reason as any to want to travel to a country afterall, many of us have flown in to other countries just for a friend's wedding. What makes or breaks the application is all the other supporting info or documents; not the wedding invitation or lack of. The entire application will be reviewed on its own merit, I believe. The reason is not enough to justify an approval or rejection; the entirety of the application is key.

Hi AmeliaT.I have gone for a few weddings myself and the visa was issued asp.
I like that you ended your input with it will be reviewed on its own merit.In a visa application it is all circumstantial and your caseworker has a checklist to make sure you meet the minimum requirements.The Onus is on the individual to prove themselves but Let me tell you for free that attending a wedding is NOT a strong ground to be awarded a visa.When you compare it to say holidays think about issues like,rest,mental health and work/life balance and you see why one is and the other is not a ground.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by falilatu: 9:28am On Jan 19, 2022
Biometric 8th November 2021,
Paid call 1-14th January 2022-Not decided yet
Paid call2- 18th January 2022– was told decision was made the previous day 17th January 2022. Afterwards, I was asked by the representative I spoke with to reconfirm my email and passport information . He told me I will get a mail in a couple of days from now.

Meanwhile, I applied along with my two kids .I called on behalf of the older one and was also told decision had been made on his own application too on same day decision was made on mine (we all did biometric on same day) and the representative a lady this time said I will get a mail on his in the next two weeks.

Am patiently waiting though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 9:37am On Jan 19, 2022
[quote author=falilatu post=109497893]Biometric 8th November 2021,
Paid call 1-14th January 2022-Not decided yet
Paid call2- 18th January 2022– was told decision was made the previous day 17th January 2022. Afterwards, I was asked by the representative I spoke with to reconfirm my email and passport information . He told me I will get a mail in a couple of days from now.

Meanwhile, I applied along with my two kids .I called on behalf of the older one and was also told decision had been made on his own application too on same day decision was made on mine (we all did biometric on same day) and the representative a lady this time said I will get a mail on his in the next two weeks.

Pls where did you do your biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by falilatu: 10:22am On Jan 19, 2022
[quote author=switch900 post=109498116][/quote]

Victoria Island Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osondubueze: 10:40am On Jan 19, 2022
Please anyone who did biometric for UK Visiting Visa at Victoria Island during the month of October?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jum33: 10:49am On Jan 19, 2022
Hello ,I just completed my covid 19 second dose and I was told that to take the booster dose that it will be till another six month and I need to travel to UK month.
I want to ask if the booster dose not a necessity one must compulsory key fulfill as a requirement before allow to enter UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 11:07am On Jan 19, 2022
jum33:
Hello ,I just completed my covid 19 second dose and I was told that to take the booster dose that it will be till another six month and I need to travel to UK month.
I want to ask if the booster dose not a necessity one must compulsory key fulfill as a requirement before allow to enter UK

Hello,
A booster dose is not a compulsory requisite to enter the UK and perhaps have not come across any single policy yet demanding a booster dose for travelers entering the UK
However, pls kindly visit this link www.gov.uk for more clarity on what test you may/maynot need to do as a you have been full vaccinated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lexyp(m): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2022
Good day everyone, please i will kindly need everyone help on here ,i put in for settlement fiance visa since June 9 2021.up till date i haven't received a decision on and each time a contact is made to the ukvi they said a decision has been made but when tracked its says still at the DMC ,I did went to the submission center myself last week and was told still at the DMC ,like am tired already,please i need you guys opinion on what i can do again...i did called yesterday again and was told decision has been made since on 9th of November 2021.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DUPSYSPARKLE: 11:49am On Jan 19, 2022
Hello,

Thank you all for all the advice on this platform God bless you all.

I submitted my passport back to TLS on Friday Got collection mail today.

Visa issued for myself and Family Members
Biometric Date: Nov 15th

It could only be God, I was a bit worried but God came through.

I pray more Good news for everyone waiting IJN

Amen

Brenda37:
Hello Dupsy.... Congratulations on your Visa. You will need to visit TLS and submit your passport. They will send it down to the British High Commisision for stamping and return back to you. They will also let you know when to come pick up via text & mail.
Congratulations in advance dear

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.