Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,744 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (755) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1435356 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jum33: 6:33am On Jan 22, 2022
A friend need clarification for this :
He want to apply for the documents he will need for his NARIC evaluations from his university however from his university record his middle name is "adetola" and this same middle name on his international passport and other official docs happen to be "tola",other names remains the same .Hope this won't have negative repercussions on his Visa application? if it is does what can he do to make the necessary correction before it become a big issue for his Visa application .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2022
Ohh okay thanks. Being a first time traveler, that’s why I’m asking all these. And if I’m asked “where would you be staying” how do I answer that. You know if I’m to stay in an hotel, I’ll just tell them the name of the hotel and give the address. In the case where I’ll be renting an apartment, or already booked an apartment, what would be my answer. Thank you

cutebear:
See question. Of course you can rent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
Example: “I’ll be staying at an apartment which I rented for the duration of my holiday. It’s located at Greenwich in South East London”. Im sure you’ll have proof of whichever place you rented.
You’re worrying about the wrong things lol! It’s not a big deal at all.
Dinoforyou00:
Ohh okay thanks. Being a first time traveler, that’s why I’m asking all these. And if I’m asked “where would you be staying” how do I answer that. You know if I’m to stay in an hotel, I’ll just tell them the name of the hotel and give the address. In the case where I’ll be renting an apartment, or already booked an apartment, what would be my answer. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2022
Thank you very much cutebear grin grin grin. Please can anyone suggest any website I can book apartment

cutebear:
Example: “I’ll be staying at an apartment which I rented for the duration of my holiday. It’s located at Greenwich in South East London”. Im sure you’ll have proof of whichever place you rented.
You’re worrying about the wrong things lol! It’s not a big deal at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
Thank you very much cutebear grin grin grin. Please can anyone suggest any website I can book apartment
look for air b’ nb
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
Okay thank you

giselle237:
look for air b’ nb
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dinoforyou00:

Give the address of the apartment. Also, include the rent agreement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 4:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ohh okay thank you

Ashirioluwa:

Give the address of the apartment. Also, include the rent agreement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 6:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
Airbnb website is good & reliable
Dinoforyou00:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uju29: 9:49am On Jan 23, 2022
Hello house, I'm new to this forum and platform. What advice do you have for a novice trying to relocate to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cleo7: 10:01am On Jan 23, 2022
do i need covid 19 vaccination to be able to get a visa or travel abroad? is it compulsory?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 11:57am On Jan 23, 2022
You can go to school or go there through work
Uju29:
Hello house, I'm new to this forum and platform. What advice do you have for a novice trying to relocate to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uju29: 12:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
cutebear:
You can go to school or go there through work
Thanks for the response, can you advise me on the works available and how to apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
It depends on your profession na
Uju29:

Thanks for the response, can you advise me on the works available and how to apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BolaT53: 1:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. Please i opted for the option of keeping my passport while my application is been processed. Please i have been asked to submit my passport how long will it take for me to get it back. Please its urgent thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by timmyfg: 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2022
Dear All,
Please is there anyone traveling to Plymouth next month. I gained admission last month and I am planning my trip next month. Plz let’s connect
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
Cleo7:
do i need covid 19 vaccination to be able to get a visa or travel abroad? is it compulsory?
no. Its just saves u money on covid tests if/when u get d visa to travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DUPSYSPARKLE: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
BolaT53:
Please for someone that opted for the keep my passport option and has been asked to submit the passport back how long will it take for it to be returned?

Mine took 3days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by amanonymous(m): 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hello guys..

You gurus have been doing a good job.
Am new here..

Pls i need you to help me with necessary documents and answers to questions

Firstly I work with the education ministry as a teacher in subeb who earns 75k
And i also have an event planning buisness which pays me more than my salary
I am married with a daughter and I have a son coming soon
I have travelled it Johannesburg 2017
my brother intends to send me a visiting letter for holidays in other to meet his kids for the first time and get familiar with his family

I would be getting a letter of leave from work towards that
Please what re the major things I need to take cognisance of, before and when applying ..
Waiting for you enerst reply thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seunadebayo: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
You can't apply for a visa in a country you don't have a legal status. They will tell you to go back to the country which you have a legal status.

Teslas:

Good info here.

Please advise needed from anyone in the house. If there is any experience, please share.

Please does this mean you can apply to the US Embassy in London or Belfast to get an appointment date and travel to the UK around that time for the interview?

Also, does this mean you can also apply through the drop box in the UK with a Visitor Visa.

Please, do you also have an idea if you can apply for a US visa in any part of Schengen states with a Schehgen visa?

Note: The UK visa is 10 years, and Schengen is 2 years and both are still valid.

Please note: Address and every other documentations are not an issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
seunadebayo:
You can't apply for a visa in a country you don't have a legal status. They will tell you to go back to the country which you have a legal status.

Of course you can't apply for a Visa if you are undocumented. A visitors visa gives you a legal status:tourist. You can apply for a US visa from most countries in the world regardless if you are resident there or not. The website clearly says that.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
Good evening everyone. For the sake of some of us that are first time travelers, please what are the possible questions to be asked at the airport (esp some of us that are young, and don’t have any relative in UK), and if you can also take your time to write the way in which we’ll answer, will be so much appreciated.

And what are the things to put in order, the necessary things to do and have. Please just share experiences. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
Good evening everyone. For the sake of some of us that are first time travelers, please what are the possible questions to be asked at the airport (esp some of us that are young, and don’t have any relative in UK), and if you can also take your time to write the way in which we’ll answer, will be so much appreciated.

And what are the things to put in order, the necessary things to do and have. Please just share experiences. Thank you

Just answer truthfully to questions asked. It could range from why are you visiting the UK to where are you staying. Some times you wouldn't be asked any questions at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jennixyluv: 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
For my application, I indicated that temporary accommodation will be provided.

Dinoforyou00:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
This guy, you too dey fear grin
Dinoforyou00:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by amanonymous(m): 10:39pm On Jan 23, 2022
[Pls can someone kindly give a response or answer to this.thamk you quote author=amanonymous post=109622044]Hello guys..

Am new here..

my brother intends to send me a visiting letter for holidays in other to meet his kids for the first time and get familiar with his family

Please what re the major things I need to take cognisance of, before and when applying ..
Waiting for you enerst reply thanks [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by amanonymous(m): 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2022
amanonymous:
[Pls can someone kindly give a response or answer to this.thamk you quote author=amanonymous post=109622044]Hello guys..

Am new here..

Pls i await your reply..thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by congressman101: 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
Helloo for people flying Virgin Atlantic
Please what’s the price for overweight bag in MM airport and mode of payment ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
Kindly give more details about how much your business makes on a monthly & yearly basis. Is your company registered? If registered, do you also have a business bank account? If you have a business account, have you been paying yourself monthly salary every month from the business account?
A 75k salary job is obviously not enough to convince the ECO so your business needs to be bullet proof.
How much money do you have in your account and how much are you willing to spend for the trip?
Also, I hope you have gone through the last 6 months statement of your personal bank account. Hope there are no unexplainable large deposits.
These are some of the most recent reasons a lot of people on this thread have been denied visa.
Kindly answer the questions and we will continue the conversation from there.
amanonymous:
Hello guys..

Am new here..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BolaT53: 12:08am On Jan 24, 2022
congressman101:
Helloo for people flying Virgin Atlantic
Please what’s the price for overweight bag in MM airport and mode of payment ?

As at Thursday when I went to their office it was 145 pounds and you’d pay in naira according to the rate of the day you are going.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by congressman101: 12:33am On Jan 24, 2022
BolaT53:

As at Thursday when I went to their office it was 145 pounds and you’d pay in naira according to the rate of the day you are going.

Wow sorry I mean overweight not extra luggage oooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tonerokampala: 10:22am On Jan 24, 2022
I submitted my passport since Jan 13th and still no reply yet
DUPSYSPARKLE:

Mine took 3days

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.