Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,857 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:55 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1421521 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obi4eze(m): 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
BolaT53:
Good morning everyone please who has traveled with Virgin Atlantic? Do I need a Covid test?

Yes VA is nice. You dont need a COVID test if you are fully vaccinated. Just show proof of vaccination and waka pass.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aliyu40: 10:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hello Everyone,

My mum got a refusal today. Biometrics was on the 25th of November. I've pasted the refusal below:

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 of Appendix V because:

You state that you wish to visit the UK for 1 month for a family visit. You state that
you plan to spend £1500 during your visit.

You state that you are unemployed with no form of personal income yourself and
that you spend a total of 25,000 NGN (£44.59 at the exchange rate on
oanda.com on 26/01/22) a month.

I note that you have provided information in support of your application and the
circumstances of your stated sponsor. However, the information provided does
not demonstrate your own circumstances in your country of residence. This
makes me doubt the credibility of your overall circumstances in your country of
residence and your reason for travel is as stated.

In view of the above I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking
entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit, and that you
have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without
working or accessing public funds. Therefore your application for a visit visa is
refused under paragraph V4.2 (a)(c)(e).

She will be 60 this year, and unemployed. However, her husband earns well and included evidence of his salary. He also wrote a letter of support explaining that he supports her financially. Her son-in-law is the sponsor. Any help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justdera01: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
mulannoire:
Good morning guys...after selecting premium lounge and choosing appointment date, i made payment and was debited but did not get an appointment date. Site returned an error message. Has this happened to anyone?

This exact situation happened to me on Friday 28th. I selected premium lounge, paid with my debit card and didn’t get confirmation mail.
I had to pay again to secure an appointment date (I was able to get confirmation email on the new payment) but now stuck with trying to recover the initial 41k that didn’t go through.

I’m not even sure what to do as all ikeja tls tel don’t go through, but I’ve sent a complaint(feedback) through the tlscontact customer service and all I got is auto response confirming receipt of my feedback, I should expect response within 3 working days…tomorrow will be the third.

If I am unable to make headway with the complaint option, I’ll just have to inquire from them at their office when I go for my biometrics appointment on Friday.

Please let me know if you’ve been able to resolve this issue too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
Aliyu40:
Hello Everyone,My mum got a refusal today. Biometrics was on the 25th of November.
You state that you wish to visit the UK for 1 month for a family visit. You state that
you plan to spend £1500 during your visit.
You state that you are unemployed with no form of personal income yourself and that you spend a total of 25,000 NGN (£44.59 at the exchange rate on oanda.com on 26/01/22) a month.
I note that you have provided information in support of your application and the circumstances of your stated sponsor. However, the information provided does not demonstrate your own circumstances in your country of residence. This makes me doubt the credibility of your overall circumstances in your country of residence and your reason for travel is as stated.In view of the above I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit, and that you
have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit with outworking or accessing public funds.
She will be 60 this year, and unemployed. However, her husband earns well and included evidence of his salary. He also wrote a letter of support explaining that he supports her financially. Her son-in-law is the sponsor. Any help will be appreciated.

This ECO wanted to see your mom’s bank statements. Her own financial circumstances.. did she submit a bank statement for herself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aliyu40: 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
giselle237:

This ECO wanted to see your mom’s bank statements. Her own financial circumstances.. did she submit a bank statement for herself?

No, she did not. Does the closing balance on her account matter? Do you advise I add this and reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
Include your own statement to show your own situation.
While he includes a letter, bank statements showing his regular income and expenditure in addition to his pay slips etc. to establish his source of funds. I believe this should be sufficient as long as you've crossed all the other Ts and dotted the Is. Cheers!

AskGod07:

Good evening Amelia, I am silent reader on this great forum..

I have some questions to ask before I submit my application, my husband is the one wanted to sponsor my trip to UK for 12 days tourist visa.

Can he use his saving account to send the sponsorship fund into my account and submit his saving acct along with salary acct payslip etc?

Does it mean if he use his saving acct to sponsor my trip?

He's using the saving account for paying bills, receiving non business related payment, inshort is using it for saving and expenditure for general payment

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
Aliyu40:

No, she did not. Does the closing balance on her account matter? Do you advise I add this and reapply.
i do believe closing balance does not matter for fully sponsored as I have seen some pretty bad statements . most ecos want to see your personal financial circumstances in your country which is the bank statement even if someone is paying for the trip. How do they know what life you are living? How can they tell your situation ?
Three things tht dnt look right that was filled on the fomr
1. Unemployed
2. You stated she does not receive any income. Money from her husband as allowance is income, money from family members and cash gifts etc are incomable and should have been filled there.
3. You quoted her monthly expenses as 25k with no bank statemt for them to align if this was true or not.
The profile looks like one of someone who is financially incompetent and could run to the uk and seek asylum or recourse to public funds or of they see a paying job will not want to return home.
I believe since she is nearly elderly and has a husband and perhaps other children in nigeria, her situation could have been presented differently even though it is a sponsored trip. You could have shown other ties. Even linked her to her husband more especially if he has properties and align it as belonging to them etc.
What to do next. Take a look at her bank statement say in the last 3 months. How does it look?
Ingoing? Outgoing etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AskGod07: 7:29am On Feb 02, 2022
Thanks sis,

In adding to this my husband as already transferred the sum of 700k already to my account to sponsor me, but he used his saving account to transferred the funds to me.

I hope there's no problem by using his saving account to transferred the funds to me , although he will submit his salary account, payslip, employment letter.

My my main concern now is that hope there's no qualm by using his saving account to transferred the sponsorship fund ?

AmeliaT:
Include your own statement to show your own situation.
While he includes a letter, bank statements showing his regular income and expenditure in addition to his pay slips etc. to establish his source of funds. I believe this should be sufficient as long as you've crossed all the other Ts and dotted the Is. Cheers!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunleos(m): 8:45am On Feb 02, 2022
Hi, i sent you a mail

BolaT53:
Good morning everyone please who has traveled with Virgin Atlantic? Do I need a Covid test?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by arasola2000: 10:45am On Feb 02, 2022
Richardelorin:

www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Finally after 76days of waiting because of backlog from the redlist saga. I received my passport and my visa.

Here's wishing everyone still waiting the best

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2022
Congratulations!

arasola2000:

Finally after 76days of waiting because of backlog from the redlist saga. I received my passport and my visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Squid456: 11:49am On Feb 02, 2022
Congratulations on that. This is my own day 68. I'm still waiting oh.
arasola2000:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asknaija: 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
Please house, has anyone ever gotten the British Embassy to reverse reverse a decision by writing letters? I don't know if I should write a pre action protocol letter for my case, and threaten legal action or reapply.

They cant make such a mistake and have Nigerians pay for their own mistakes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lexy2lexy: 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
Does anyone have the link to track status of application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Richardelorin: 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
Good afternoon everyone
Please how can I contact TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ruby105: 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
Thank you @AmeliaT , to be clear you said I should have times 2 of the amount I will be using on my trip , if I am supporting it with my business account do I need to still have times two of the money for my trip on my savings account , for example if am having 3 million naira on my savings and my trip will cost me 2.1 million naira but on my business account account I have for example 4million naira there and I am applying with both accounts , is it cool this way or I still need to have double amount of the cost of my trip on my savings account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EFEJOKU(m): 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
why are they helping to pay for your visit answer

Please was the best answer one can give on this occasion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
Ruby105:
Thank you @AmeliaT , to be clear you said I should have times 2 of the amount I will be using on my trip , if I am supporting it with my business account do I need to still have times two of the money for my trip on my savings account , for example if am having 3 million naira on my savings and my trip will cost me 2.1 million naira but on my business account account I have for example 4million naira there and I am applying with both accounts , is it cool this way or I still need to have double amount of the cost of my trip on my savings account.
why do you need to apply with both accounts? The money in your business acct is for the running of your business. Secondly how did you come about a trip cost of whooping 2.1million? How many persons?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Loyaltysoul: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
Pls all gurus I the house # Giselle, #Amelia, # Nchabuomo and others

After printed bank statement from online banking that came with PDF format, can I print it out pages or can I upload it directly with PDF format?

What if I collect from inside bank can I scan it and merger it into one folder ?

Please urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
One account with the direct income source would have been better but he may need to submit both statements to clear all reasonable doubt. Don't forget your marriage certificate.

When my husband applied, he included our marriage certificate along with my British passport data page.

AskGod07:

Thanks sis,

In adding to this my husband as already transferred the sum of 700k already to my account to sponsor me, but he used his saving account to transferred the funds to me.

I hope there's no problem by using his saving account to transferred the funds to me , although he will submit his salary account, payslip, employment letter.

My my main concern now is that hope there's no qualm by using his saving account to transferred the sponsorship fund ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hello everyone. I just heard now that at the point of entry they are asking visitors to present minimum of 2,000pounds in cash or equivalent in other currencies. Is this true?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
My husband actually applied with both his business and personal account and then our joint savings account. Business account was just to show legitimacy and strength of his business and personal account to show income available to him.

However, the ECOs have said many times that the money in business account will not be assumed as available for your personal use as it is for the operating expenditure of the business. Especially if you are paid a salary; the balance in the business account will not be summed up with your personal balance to calculate your available networth. So, all the funds must be domiciled in the personal account unless you choose to submit the business as well to just show them the legitimacy.

2.1m is overly healthy for a trip for one person; you can reduce this amount so your personal balance and budget ratio are still healthy. Don't apply for more than 10 days and if you use my formula even with hotel, entertainment and shopping - Budget is about 977k. Please see file below. Even if you intend to spend 2.1m; it's better to be conservative. A friend was denied because she had equivalent of 7k GBP and claimed she was gonna spend 6k and they said the balance in her account would be too insignificant to take care of her needs upon return. Better safe than sorry! All the best!

Ruby105:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 4:38pm On Feb 02, 2022
You can either:
1. Take the PDF downloaded from online banking and upload as one document yourself.
2. Print at the bank and use the upload service at TLS and they'll scan into one PDF document and upload as one document.
3. Print at the bank and scan yourself into one PDF document and upload as one document.

My husband chose option 2 and had no issues. I would advise you do option 1 or 2. But option 3 may be more prone to errors while scanning leading to an incomplete document or inconsistencies.

Cheers!

Loyaltysoul:

Pls all gurus I the house # Giselle, #Amelia, # Nchabuomo and others

After printed bank statement from online banking that came with PDF format, can I print it out pages or can I upload it directly with PDF format?

What if I collect from inside bank can I scan it and merger it into one folder ?

Please urgently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
I've not heard about this but I know some Nigerian tourists in Seychelles experienced similar treatment but not heard this about England and would be shocked they would do that. Unless they're trying to verify that the available funds you said you would spend are truly available to you but I doubt they would ever do this.

Ayodele112:
Hello everyone. I just heard now that at the point of entry they are asking visitors to present minimum of 2,000pounds in cash or equivalent in other currencies. Is this true?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
This won’t be funny o. It was 1000pounds I told them I would be spending in my application. I’ve booked ticket already, now they want us to provide 2000pounds

AmeliaT:
I've not heard about this but I know some Nigerian tourists in Seychelles experienced similar treatment but not heard this about England and would be shocked they would do that. Unless they're trying to verify that the available funds you said you would spend are truly available to you but I doubt they would ever do this.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Loyaltysoul: 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2022
I always appreciate your Swift response Amelia, I wanted to do self service so I will merge all the pages of the statement and put it in one file with care and check over and over to see that all pages is uploaded

Thanks

AmeliaT:
You can either:
1. Take the PDF downloaded from online banking and upload as one document yourself.
2. Print at the bank and use the upload service at TLS and they'll scan into one PDF document and upload as one document.
3. Print at the bank and scan yourself into one PDF document and upload as one document.

My husband chose option 2 and had no issues. I would advise you do option 1 or 2. But option 3 may be more prone to errors while scanning leading to an incomplete document or inconsistencies.

Cheers!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AskGod07: 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2022
Thanks very much Amelia,

We will include both statement ie saving account and salary account. Like I said he used the saving account for NON BUSSINES RELETEND payment , paying bills, child upkeep and general payment inshort.

Yes we will include our marriage cert.

AmeliaT:
One account with the direct income source would have been better but he may need to submit both statements to clear all reasonable doubt. Don't forget your marriage certificate.

When my husband applied, he included our marriage certificate along with my British passport data page.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Firefunmi2014: 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2022
Good evening all.

My husband and three children got their dependents visa approved.

Application submitted Dec 16

Biometric Jan 6

Visa approved 25th January.

My nephew was refused.

Thank you all for your guidance.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ruby105: 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
@AmeliaT thank you very much , I am actually applying with my first daughter she is 10 so what would be the best amount we can use for our trip for submission and my husband is the one taking care of our ticket fee can I tell him to make the deposit of our ticket fee to my savings account as well ... Thank you ma.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ruby105: 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2022
@giselle237 , It's for myself and my 10 years old daughter please what is the best amount I can use I really don't wanna make any mistakes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by toshibazaram: 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
I have qatar and ethiopian airlines to chose. Please can anyone share their experience? Thank you guys����

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.