Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (41038 Views)

My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
tenderheart:
Pls is there anything like *unskilled programmers

Just asking for a friend??

just like we have unskilled labourer and skilled labourers likewise the same for programmers

yes..many...they waste your time, energy and money, they destroy your project, never ever employ one, many non technical mangers/founders always fall for the unskilled programmer because of their impressive cv
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Delivar(m): 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
Grupo:

Look at your signature! Smh.

I'm an atheist, would you still want to learn from me?
This your question sef. When hunger wire person you say him go care about you being an atheist? grin
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
Apply to KPMG LAGOS, I work with KPMG earning N1.4m per month.

Aim higher.

what is your job role... so you are one of the managers to be earning that amount..lets just hope you are truthful

most analysts which are mostly young grad in KPGM lagos earn from 100-120k per month even interns earn around 40k

semi-senior staff in KPMG Nigeria earn around #200,000 per month.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Goalnaldo(m): 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
Craigslists:
Lol

After looking for Jobs with no success, we finally cut chain finish begin press... now Na Work dey find us, no be we dey find work again.

No more insufficient funds.

With the kind funds wey boys don see for street, any company HR wey no ready pay me 400k per month can go fvck himself. grin

Nmunna don empower... if you know, you know.
make I send you my akant may you send me small thing may I tay press.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Delivar(m): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
bilulu:

when working for all these Nigerians organisations u hardly have the time to look elsewhere not to talk of attending interview
Good contribution. In most cases like that it's either you resign and look for something better or you remain there and keep receiving 30k for life. You have to choose one.

3 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by TotoNaRubber: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
I am a Partner and not working in any of the Nigerian branches, if i decide to take up a role in naija, they will still pay me according to my employment terms.

When i first started i was a graduate trainee on N800k per month. It is a really good place to work and the stakes are very high.

For a start you need to have a 2:1, at the time of applying you need to be freshly out of Uni. It exposes you to CEOs, top Executives, access to the best of life. A really good place to work, once you start all your money problems is solved.

One of the Nigerian guys i work with is a senior manager/ with 13 years experience, he is on N6.2 million a month.

lilwetdick:

what is your job role... so you are one of the managers to be earning that amount..lets just hope you are truthful

most analysts which are mostly young grad in KPGM lagos earn from 100-120k per month even interns earn around 40k

semi-senior staff in KPMG Nigeria earn around #200,000 per month.

4 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
AntiWailer:

200k for an entry level inexperienced programmer is not outside the norm.

Skilled does not mean experienced.

So separate the two before u jump.
No mind that guy, him just dey confuse himself n everybody.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by remmy9(m): 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
Kusherman:

We go nack them 2-1 no shaking
How he comman be you now?
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by remmy9(m): 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
How far, how market?
Nathdoug201:
My bet when remain 1 game to play now 9 dey my mind..
Just for Nigeria women to win Norway women
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Sirwallace(m): 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
foolbuster:

This type of reasoning is part of the problem of this country. I honestly dont blame you thou. Because hunger can reset somebody's comon sense and more than have the capacity to make you surrender your dignity.

Its ridiculous to even think the way that dude reason.

Tell you a story about our crazy nigerian people in the working environment.

i got a job as machine operator in one of those FMCG less than 2 months after NYSC and the job role specify I will operate and carry out maintenance on machine. I Did and passed the interview with the admin and I negotiated between 75-100k with the admin.

When I got to the head of the department I am assigned to, the proud and heartless HOD citing my CV and realised I dont really have the experience in the plant, cut that salary to 40k. I pleaded and bargain with him, told him I was negotiating between 75 and 100k with the admin. He refuted and clearly stated he can approve nothing more than 40k. To add 10k hard this man as if he is the one paying the salary.

All in the name of little beginning like that guy said, I took the meagre salary and started working.
Guess what, I was being used more or less as a factory worker. Nothing to add to my experience. I regret taking the job.

We should be mindful of what we want for ourselves. Years of little beginning would have made sense if you are getting experience and not just working for some peanut.

By the way, I am leaving the job next month.
I didn't spend close to 7 years studying engineering in this crazy country plus NYSC to be used as factory worker.

17 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by fait10(m): 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I already have a stable job tho but I just thought of attending interviews with the aim of either greener pastures and to experience what most job seekers pass through. I'm a pharmacist though

The First was a job vacancy advertised on nairaland by an online firm in UK, they needed an online health rep.. The interview was on WhatsApp..They drilled me with so many research questions, gave me deadlines to submit and I always wowed them by submitting before deadline.. The interview process took about a week.. The next week..They called for salary negotiation..I was so excited but my excitement was cut short when they told me they're paying according to minimum wage..i was taken aback..even though I opted for part time..30000 wasn't cool because I knew their rep in uk won't be paid same wage..i told them that I should be paid same as the person working in uk since it's almost same job description but they said they'll pay according to country's minimum wage. I told them even a part time pharmacist cant earn such amount..she said Nigerians are obsessed with money..started giving entrepreneurship gospel bla bla..I just kuku lost interest..lol
this people must be stupid they don't respect pharmacists ni. Bro y did u downgrade urself to dis level now. Abi u didn't tell them that you are a pharmacist
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
auntysimbiat:
Learn to start little.. 30k job is sumtin.. Dat won't stop you from looking out for other jobs..

Comparing wot dey pay in UK to nigeria is none of ur biz..

Even in some companies in nigeria, they pay some people high and some people low... same job role and same qualification ..

Look at what Nigerian education system is churning out.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by AmNuhRegular(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
Has the 30k minimum wage even been approved??
Lol. Someone is saying 30k is not bad for a start.but like someone said, it might not really mean you'll be paid the minimum wage figure itself.
As men of honour.. we join hands
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

I am a Partner and not working in any of the Nigerian branches, if i decide to take up a role in naija, they will still pay me according to my employment terms.

When i first started i was a graduate trainee on N800k per month. It is a really good place to work and the stakes are very high.

For a start you need to have a 2:1, at the time of applying you need to be freshly out of Uni. It exposes you to CEOs, top Executives, access to the best of life. A really good place to work, once you start all your money problems is solved.

but why are you quoting in naira, when you dont work in Nigeria branches, infact if you work in the US or UK that amount is small for a KPGM staff..so what country do you work in? make una dey lie small small..

6 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by bilulu(m): 10:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
Delivar:

Good contribution. In most cases like that it's either you resign and look for something better or you remain there and keep receiving 30k for life. You have to choose one.
the pain of most Nigerians who re underemployed is no time to go for other interviews, and the fear of the unknown.... wat will u b doing Wen u resign? imagine no other job for months or years.... Nigeria na scam
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Sirwallace(m): 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
Delivar:

Exactly my point earlier. It is either you settle for the crap or you aim higher and update yourself.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
undecided
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Tonnie2014: 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
fake life everywhere.. no rules to life bro.. never reject offers .. the real people who earn well dont mk noise. i once worked in a place i earned 50k but i was able to manoveur my tips to like 400k monthly.. u never cn tel what this job cn lead to.. it cud b international exposure or stuffs..u never know how sweet a food is till u test it.
not everyone will start on a high..

sum of u re the reasons for depression n sucide.
I work in a gud place today but then I remember how i started twasnt this way

2 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by TotoNaRubber: 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
This thread is about earning in naira so i do conversions to encourage people who may want to work with us.

Also, the amounts in quote are net, if you want actual figures add 35 percent tax paid to it and you will get the gross pay.

If i am offered a role in naija, i will not accept N30k per day.

There are dowside to the job, strict deadlines, working with people who knows nothing about the job and yet they are paid more, they have a job because of you yet you earn less.

Also, a very fast lifestyle, be ready for anything at staff parties, depression may kick in if you are not sportive though we have indoor gym. Lots of pretty young girls with less experience carrying laptops they know nothing about yet earn way more.

lilwetdick:

but why are you quoting in naira, when you dont work in Nigeria branches, infact if you work in the US or UK that amount is small for a KPGM staff..so what country do you work in? make una dey lie small small..

3 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Ossaifamous(m): 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Nathdoug201:

The ticket cut aggressively sorry ... OP your time shall come
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by LordAA(m): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
AntiWailer:
As a graduate, any amount less than 100k should be unacceptable.

If u borrowed money / collect loan to go to school.

You won't collect 30k and say that u want to manage it.

I did not collect 30k, 13 years ago when I was doing my IT.

Get the required skills and stop this abuse from employers.

What are the required skills please?
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
Nathdoug201:
Sorry eh
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
This thread is about earning in naira so i do conversions to encourage people who may want to work with us.

Also, the amounts in quote are net, if you want actual figures add 35 percent tax paid to it and you will get the gross pay.

abeg enough of your lies, 1.5 milla is like almost 5000 dollars and you say you are a partner, it takes 15 years to be partner , but lets think, have you read your post, you were looking for 25-30k naira phone this year and you said you are not in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I already have a stable job tho but I just thought of attending interviews with the aim of either greener pastures and to experience what most job seekers pass through. I'm a pharmacist though

The First was a job vacancy advertised on nairaland by an online firm in UK, they needed an online health rep.. The interview was on WhatsApp..They drilled me with so many research questions, gave me deadlines to submit and I always wowed them by submitting before deadline.. The interview process took about a week.. The next week..They called for salary negotiation..I was so excited but my excitement was cut short when they told me they're paying according to minimum wage..i was taken aback..even though I opted for part time..30000 wasn't cool because I knew their rep in uk won't be paid same wage..i told them that I should be paid same as the person working in uk since it's almost same job description but they said they'll pay according to country's minimum wage. I told them even a part time pharmacist cant earn such amount..she said Nigerians are obsessed with money..started giving entrepreneurship gospel bla bla..I just kuku lost interest..lol

LOL na Multi level-marketing people you go submit job to..when i hear the entrepreneurship gospel and Nigerians are obsessed with money, i now know they are multi-level-marketers, many of those companies are popular in the UK looking for prey all over the world with their attraction marketing. soon they will be giving you product to sell
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by TotoNaRubber: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
Yes it takes 15 years to be a partner in naija just like it takes 22 years to obtain Phd in naija which takes 3 years in a developed country.

I dash phones to Nigerians on monthly basis, have to stay within budget, N25k to N30k phone on dash is alright.

This is a financial institution and not a football club. Salaries are reviewed on annual basis.

lilwetdick:

abeg enough of your lies, 1.5 milla is like almost 5000 dollars and you say you are a partner, it takes 15 years to be partner , but lets think, have you read your post, you were looking for 25-30k naira phone this year and you said you are not in Nigeria
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

Yes it takes 15 years to be a partner in naija just like it takes 22 years to obtain Phd in naija which takes 3 years in a developed country.

I dash phones to Nigerians on monthly basis, have to stay within budget, N25k to N30k phone on dash is alright.

hahahaaa)) no it takes 100 years to get a phd in Nigeria..

Bros, you confirm liar now when they catch you, you won troll

2 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by tosinornottosin: 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
theoptimist298:
HR in Nigeria are fund of not getting back to candidates with feedback. It’s really sad
fond you mean to write

3 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by otokx(m): 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
Most Nigerians are obsessed with suit.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Goalnaldo(m): 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

If i am offered a role in naija, i will not accept N30k per day.

There are dowside to the job, strict deadlines, working with people who knows nothing about the job and yet they are paid more, they have a job because of you yet you earn less.

Also, a very fast lifestyle, be ready for anything at staff parties, depression may kick in if you are not sportive though we have indoor gym. Lots of pretty young girls with less experience carrying laptops they know nothing about yet earn way more.

do they take ond holders
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by TotoNaRubber: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2019
I am certain you are of the 90s generation but during my time, it took an average of 19 years for the professors i know to obtain their Phds, nowadays things are worse in Nigeria, you may actually never get it.

lilwetdick:

hahahaaa)) no it takes 100 years to get a phd in Nigeria..

Bros, you confirm liar now when they catch you, you won troll
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by TotoNaRubber: 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
Unfortunately i have never seen any Ond holder, most are Masters holders in related discipline.

Ond is useful though if you have work experience that is required in either Advisory, Tax, IT or Auditing.

Goalnaldo:
do they take ond holders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pwc Graduate Tax Apprenticeship Programme 2019 Thread / BRISIN: FG Begins Recruitment Of 5,000 Nigerians (Details) / NNPC Recrutimennt, El-rufai And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.