Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect (72307 Views)

31-Year-Old Suspect Recounts How He Murdered His Abuja-Based Girlfriend (Pics) / Why I Slept With My Daughter - 45-Year-Old Suspect / I Went Into Robbery To Fund My Wedding – 20-yr-old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by DonMarkuzi(m): 11:00am On Jun 09, 2019
sapientia:

And its called hacking abi?

Ye
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by sharpwriter(m): 11:01am On Jun 09, 2019
mrjaydee:
Why won't a reasonable person lock his SIM card I have been locking my SIM even before the days of internet banking.

ALWAYS LOCK YOUR SIM CARD!!!

How do one lock SIM?

Also, what happens when SIM is locked, can people still reach the person's phone number via call?

What happens generally when SIM is locked (benefit and disadvantages)? Thanks.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Reelmii: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2019
nairalee:
But how will he know the password of the transfer?
that is easy... he can generate a new code for the transaction
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Reelmii: 11:04am On Jun 09, 2019
Dhavido:
I've always locked my alert SIM card since I saw something like this last year, let's spread the word for others to learn and lock their SIM cards as against locking the phone
how did u do it
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Reelmii: 11:06am On Jun 09, 2019
BabaIbo:
Story, what about the customer's pin?
How do you by-pass it?
The story get k-leg, moreover we don't even expect him to open up the real method just like that
pins can always be changed.....

what u should be after now is locking the sim cards
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 09, 2019
davillian:
1) your sim card connected to your bank should be kept safe ( mine doesn't leave the house )
2) lock your sim card
3) once you loose your phone that contains your bank account sim. Block the acc immediately.
4) I have 1 ATM card and have 3 bank acc.
Only 1 account has ATM card and used for online payment etc.
I keep a maximum of 10k in the account with card.
I just transfer what I need to the account with ATM card from the account without ATM card .

A friend lost his phone. He has two bank accounst; one is connected to his MasterCard. He doesn't keep money in the card-conneced account.

The thief who stole the phone was able to buy recharge card with the account that had money in it.

My friend quickly went to recover the line before more withdrawals were made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Reelmii: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2019
femi4:
Thank God, I stopped using mobile banking
it does not stop their operations

as far as u have an account with a bank and that bank has an online code

once they try any bank code on ur phone and it works, they can do whatever they want to do
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by sapientia(m): 11:14am On Jun 09, 2019
DonMarkuzi:

Hacking encompasses a lot more than Ur conventional stereotype.

Which you know nothing about.

Just believe the fairy tale and let me be.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by IamSoProlific: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2019
davillian:
1) your sim card connected to your bank should be kept safe ( mine doesn't leave the house )
2) lock your sim card
3) once you loose your phone that contains your bank account sim. Block the acc immediately.
I just transfer what I need to the account with ATM card from the account without ATM card .

Quite educating, remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by davillian(m): 11:24am On Jun 09, 2019
walexy100:

A friend lost his phone. He has two bank accounst; one is connected to his MasterCard. He doesn't keep money in the card-conneced account.

The thief who stole the phone was able to buy recharge card with the account that had money in it.

My friend quickly went to recover the line before more withdrawals were made.
Just imagine he has his life savings in that account grin
I went to the ATM one weekend one idiot walked up to me saying my friend wants to transfer money for me and I dont have ATM card
He said I should give him my account number so the friend can transfer into it .
My brain just signal red red red.
stolen founds so police go come carry me cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by maasoap(m): 11:24am On Jun 09, 2019
Adinije:
Everyone should lock their sim cards. As for me, I locked my sim a long time ago. So even if you put it in another phone or switch off the phone, you will need to enter a code.

And it only takes 3 wrong attempt for MTN to block it.

And entering wrong PUK ten times when trying to unblock it will make one lose the ownership of the line forever! That's why I stopped using it because my kids almost caused that! May be I should go back to using it
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 09, 2019
mrjaydee:
Why won't a reasonable person lock his SIM card I have been locking my SIM even before the days of internet banking.

ALWAYS LOCK YOUR SIM CARD!!!
how can I lock my simcard please?
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by MobilityExpress: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2019
maasoap:

And entering wrong PUK ten times when trying to unblock it will make one lose the ownership of the line forever! That's why I stopped using it because my kids almost caused that! May be I should go back to using it

No, there's still PUK2 number I think. But only MTN has that and can use it to unlock it. You will have to visit their office to get PUK2 unlocked.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by omobaba1759: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2019
How can i lock my sim ?
Dhavido:
I've always locked my alert SIM card since I saw something like this last year, let's spread the word for others to learn and lock their SIM cards as against locking the phone
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by MobilityExpress: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2019
sapientia:
Fairy Tales.

grin
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by franugo(m): 11:31am On Jun 09, 2019
nairalee:

password ke? He can register d sim afresh on d USSD banking platform n start from there...then sign up as a new user on the mobile banking platform since alerts go to him
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Dhavido(m): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2019
abbasajao:

How do you lock sim card pls

It's simple, just go to the security settings on your phone and activate SIM lock, it'll request for the puk code on your SIM pack before you can enter the pin of your choice

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by AkataYeriYeri: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2019
I don’t recieve text alerts.
Sorry bro, you lost
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Dhavido(m): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2019
EmmBim:
How do we go about that old? I don dey fear oooo

It's simple, just go to the security settings on your phone and activate SIM lock, it'll request for the puk code on your SIM pack before you can enter the pin of your choice

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by IamSoProlific: 11:35am On Jun 09, 2019
Mynd44:

Use your sim to reset your email password and tell your bank you forgot your password and need a new one

That means he needs your email where you linked your bank account too. Think about that, knowing fully well your android where you have such banking app or email is locked.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by CodeTemplar: 11:36am On Jun 09, 2019
davillian:
2) lock your sim card
I lock my sim already and know it is connected to my account. That 4th step is one i have in mind but havent done yet.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Adinije(f): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2019
maasoap:

Why will you enter wrong PUK?
Just write down your PUK somewhere.

Me self don't know my PUK. But whenever I lock myself out, I will call MTN and they will give me the PUK after asking me millions of questions.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Dhavido(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2019
studentofTruth:

how is it done?

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by MobilityExpress: 11:36am On Jun 09, 2019
nairalee:

grin you the mind them. Sakamanje story. Even after password, my bank will even ask for the last 4 digits of the ATM card if mobile transfer exceeds a particular amount. The guy never confess finish grin

3 Likes

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by franugo(m): 11:37am On Jun 09, 2019
Hmmm don't see how this can work with zenith bank's platforms though, they use the last 6 digits of ATM card to verify first transactions so even if you sign up afresh, u would still need to input last 6 digits of d ATM number
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Dhavido(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2019
amliftedhigher:

Please how do you do this?

It's simple, just go to the security settings on your phone and activate SIM lock, it'll request for the puk code on your SIM pack before you can enter the pin of your choicel

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Dhavido(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2019
Clonus:
how do I lock my sim pls

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Lufthansa: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2019
And if they had not released this information, how would several persons who would stumble on this piece learn to have their sim card passworded.

omokiri5:
Aren't they teaching people this fraudulent practice by releasing this interrogation?
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Dhavido(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2019
TheLogicalMind:

Please give us tutorial now..

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Dhavido(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2019
konkonbilo:
how do you lock your Sim?

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Dhavido(m): 11:42am On Jun 09, 2019
Reelmii:
how did u do it

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Dhavido(m): 11:43am On Jun 09, 2019
omobaba1759:
How can i lock my sim ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Judicaelle Irakoze Nude Video Dance Leaked Online, She Reacts / SARS Arrests Bus Carrying Children To Unknown Destination In Abia (Photos) / Boys Who Disguised As Girls Arrested, Forced To Show Their Private Parts. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.