Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect (72330 Views)

31-Year-Old Suspect Recounts How He Murdered His Abuja-Based Girlfriend (Pics) / Why I Slept With My Daughter - 45-Year-Old Suspect / I Went Into Robbery To Fund My Wedding – 20-yr-old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by poseidon12: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
shevon:
This is one of the reasons I disabled the phone banking thing and SMS alert on my account for more than 5years now.
I also keep all my money in an account without ATM access, I only move money to the account with ATM access when needed. One can't be too careful when it comes to money security, especially in our digital age.

You disabled the SMS alert on your bank account? So if a fraudulent activity takes place on your account, how will you find out immediately?

1 Like

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by poseidon12: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2019
Tinyemeka:

N10k is even too much on that card account.

Doesn't the bank request PIN or password before effecting a transfer anymore?

The banks ask for PIN or password, of course.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by poseidon12: 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
ceejayluv:

Have you ever been asked of your BVN while doing any transaction before? . BVN is used by financial services institutions for the purpose of identification. It's just a 11 digit code, hackers would have been generating codes and clearing people's accounts if that's the case.

Exactly.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by poseidon12: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
Xisnin:

Upload your international passport or birth certificate on Twitter.
Within 30 minutes, your account balance will be empty.
Just try it.

Yeah right. Too many comedians here.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by poseidon12: 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
walexy100:

A friend lost his phone. He has two bank accounst; one is connected to his MasterCard. He doesn't keep money in the card-conneced account.

The thief who stole the phone was able to buy recharge card with the account that had money in it.

My friend quickly went to recover the line before more withdrawals were made.

I believe your friend can track down the thief through the phone number he sent the recharge to.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by enemyofprogress: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
Georgisuria:
By the time laslas ban u,u go know
walahi him no fit, unless him no wan chop snake again
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by maasoap(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
Adinije:
Why will you enter wrong PUK?
Just write down your PUK somewhere.

Me self don't know my PUK. But whenever I lock myself out, I will call MTN and they will give me the PUK after asking me millions of questions.

The same reason why wrong PIN would be entered three times. Reason? kids!
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by TheLogicalMind(m): 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hahaha grin I can relate. But nowadays my cellphone is my chief source of entertainment.

Eroms4life17:
You'll never know how boring life is until Your Cable TV subscription expires and You're left with only NTA.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by TheLogicalMind(m): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
Thanks a million. I'll activate it right now.

Dhavido:

It's simple, just go to the security settings on your phone and activate SIM lock, it'll request for the puk code on your SIM pack before you can enter the pin of your choice
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by lonelygem(m): 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
I've resulted to using microfinance bank since 2016. Most guys thought I was going back to analogue ages. Little did they know that its better to remain analogue and your money is safe.

In Microfinance banks, your details dint work outside the bank. You cant move money out to conventional banks and u can't even do weekend transaction. U cant transact without coming into the bank as even the staff know customers by their names and can always keep tract of your transactions off record.

..as long as my money is safe, I'm cool with it. Even the fear off police has made many people back out of using ATM cards.

When police stops people on the road for a search, they are mostly checking to see if u had ATM card on u so that they could charge you with wrong allegation to frustrate you into bribing your way out by withdrawing from ATM machine..
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2019
I have learnt one or 2 things on how to protect my self from these wicked hackers
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Reelmii: 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
BabaIbo:

Yes I know, but you will need to visit the bank to change your pin incase you forget or you just want to change it.

BTW I have done that already, thanks.
u dont need to go to the bank...it can be done on the phone
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by azeez1973(m): 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
oh my gosh see hacker
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Banter1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
ceejayluv:

Guess it was a typo... They meant *737*100# used for recharging 100 airtime on GTB
yeah, it was.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by BabaIbo: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
Reelmii:
u dont need to go to the bank...it can be done on the phone

But you must have the old one to do it on your phone if at all you can do it on your phone which I doubt.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Reelmii: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
BabaIbo:

But you must have the old one to do it on your phone if at all you can do it on your phone which I doubt.
u dont need the old one...
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Reelmii: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
BabaIbo:

when u use ur bank code on ur phone..like u want to do online transaction.. out of the options given to u ' Change pin' will be part of it. then u change it there

except if ur bank does not support it to be done on the phone,but it is possible
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Nowenuse: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
principal21:
Thanks. it then means that each Sim has its lock pin it came with. Cos I went to my settings and tried to input some numbers so that I can set up my own sim lock pin, but it warned me that the phone might be blocked after two more attempts

Try 0000, this seems like the default pin code for all sim cards.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by Nowenuse: 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2019
Seanherck:
if u r a zenith bank account holder u can use this code *966*911# to block ur account if ur phone or atm card got stolen thru anybody phone if u do that no one on earth can have access to ur account until u go to any zenith bank branch to unblock it

Pls, I thought this '*966*' code only works with your banking SIM card, what if this sim was stolen along with your phone, what do u do then?
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by rinzaugustine: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
Shocking
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by BabaIbo: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
Reelmii:
when u use ur bank code on ur phone..like u want to do online transaction.. out of the options given to u ' Change pin' will be part of it. then u change it there

except if ur bank does not support it to be done on the phone,but it is possible

LoL, you need to enter the old one to be able to authorise the new one.

Haba, that's even why they give their customers a default pin, so that it will authorize the new one you want to use.
You can't change a pin with providing the old one.

BTW some banks don't allow changing pin on phone, you need to visit the bank. Either ways you must provide the old pin. Unless you forget your pin and that one you must visit your bank.

Have you ever changed your pin without providing the old pin even on social media accounts, it's a common happening now haba. Except you forget your pin which will take you to the bank
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by BabaIbo: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
Reelmii:
u dont need the old one...

You need it, are you sure you own an account
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by owila4luv(m): 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
this guy is suppose to be in charge of an information technology company in Nigeria, sending Him To Prison Is Nonsense. But Zombies won't Take My Advice.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by chukzyfcbb: 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
lonelygem:
I've resulted to using microfinance bank since 2016. Most guys thought I was going back to analogue ages. Little did they know that its better to remain analogue and your money is safe.

In Microfinance banks, your details dint work outside the bank. You cant move money out to conventional banks and u can't even do weekend transaction. U cant transact without coming into the bank as even the staff know customers by their names and can always keep tract of your transactions off record.

..as long as my money is safe, I'm cool with it. Even the fear off police has made many people back out of using ATM cards.

When police stops people on the road for a search, they are mostly checking to see if u had ATM card on u so that they could charge you with wrong allegation to frustrate you into bribing your way out by withdrawing from ATM machine..
lool

but not all microfinance banks are liquid. some are at close to getting bankrupt. U may have run away from potential security lax with the main banks but u could as well fall into financial mismanagement by the bank itself. that's a higher level of yahooze.

1 Like

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by chukzyfcbb: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
owila4luv:
this guy is suppose to be in charge of information technology in Nigeria, sending Him To Prison Is Nonsense. But Zombies won't Take My Advice.

To be in charge of ICT? Is this a joke or what?

He deserves maximum kirikiri sentence.

1 Like

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by chukzyfcbb: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
BVN is only used to link all your bank accounts..

with it together with an Insider Bank rogue staff, they can get an idea of all your bank accounts and possibly the amount in it.

but to say you can be hacked using just a BVN is idiotic and ignorant of what BVN is in the first place.

Yes some banks like zenith banks allows one to purchase recharge cards on stolen sims with the use of a PIN but some of them like Access Bank is so lax. So your only hope is to set a daily max limit on your mobile recharge transactions.

Most people don't even lock their phones, they don't lock their Gmail app, their google chromes App, etc and so when their phone is stolen, In the hands of a criminal can do massive damage. As your email is laid bare, your text is laid bare etc.
Most of which can be easily reset as your phone has no security features.

Our mobile phones are now like PC holding very sensitive Info's and should be tightened with security measures.
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by owila4luv(m): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

To be in charge of ICT? Is this a joke or what?

He deserves maximum kirikiri sentence.
yeah but just for few months, people like this are asset in the western world. they rehab them develop them the more and use them positively
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by chukzyfcbb: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2019
owila4luv:
yeah but just for few months, people like this are asset in the western world. they rehab them develop them the more and use them positively
He doesn't deserve shii.

U think people in the Nigeria cyber world are playing right? Someone with no technical skills to come and lead an IT dept simply because he knows how to buy card from a stolen sim.

U know nothing.

1 Like

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by henrykaimaife: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
gnykelly:

Google chrome is very powerful
.. You can't fathom it beyond your browser
He can use Google Chrome for reconnaissance or footprinting which is not hacking.

1 Like

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by owila4luv(m): 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

He doesn't deserve shii.

U think people in the Nigeria cyber world are playing right? Someone with no technical skills to come and lead an IT dept simply because he knows how to buy card from a stolen sim.

U know nothing.
Africans and their mentality Can Never Be unmarried
Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by BlackArab(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
Adinije:
If you are using Android phone,

Go to settings>>>security>>>>Set up sim lock

And follow prompt

If the sim is in a small phone

Go to settings>>>>>>security settings>>>>Pin code request

Thanks. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect by rexericx(m): 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2019
AerialMapper:
Lesson learned...I'm locking all my sims

...oh!! Sugar!!! I don't have the sim pack so I do not even know the current PIN!!! Who knows how to retrieve this that doesn't involve an affidavit or going to the network

Please teach me how to lock my MTN sim card

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Judicaelle Irakoze Nude Video Dance Leaked Online, She Reacts / Boys Who Disguised As Girls Arrested, Forced To Show Their Private Parts. Photos / Lady Stabs 24-Year-Old Boyfriend To Death In Abraka, Delta (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.