Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival (66836 Views)

Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / Yoruba Descendants All Over The World / Great Benin descendants thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 09, 2019
Unlimitk:

Do u know that the now known lagos state was taken out of remo land and ijebu land in ogun state
Places like sagamu had their land carved into Ogun state and places like ikorodu are part of ijebu land
Most of Lagos now were taken out of ogun state and Lagos is d smallest state in Nigeria
There are many kings in Lagos who don't make noise like oba of Lagos, saying that because he is called oba of Lagos then he controls all of Lagos is a lie
The Lagos oba of Lagos control is very small
Ask anybody
Do u know of oba of elegushi
Oba of ikorodu and so on
Awori ppl are the owner of most of Lagos
The area in Lagos that was under Benin ppl was very small
Do u know there is a place called abule egba in Lagos?
Abule means village in Yoruba language,egba ppl are mostly in Abeokuta in Ogun state, but abule egba was their land before
Many places in the now known Lagos had no influence from Benin
The place oba of Lagos has domain over in Lagos is very small
It is because of d name Lagos,everybody thinks he control everywhere in Lagos
Saying Lagos is Bini land is dumb and stupid
Awori and egba and ijebu ppl land in Lagos alone is more than 70% of Lagos
Are they Benin ppl?

Thanks for this smiley

Yoruba amaka smiley

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 09, 2019
Hope the like pepper too if not they are not Yoruba decendants ooh
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by gurunlocker: 7:31am On Jun 09, 2019
See as they are happy celebrating our own almost forgotten culture....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Westtimeline: 7:32am On Jun 09, 2019
[s]
EdiAbali:

Both the one in Brazil and the ones in Nigeria are all descendants of the Benin Kingdom

[/s]

Useless Benin, always want to be noticed. You will find your descendants in Italy doing ashawo.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by compton11(m): 7:36am On Jun 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Why call it poo?

Me, I find it interesting. All languages from the world could have all come from one root language!
oga all these is just like 0.5
like out of yoruba 100%,with blend of too portugese
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Jabioro: 7:36am On Jun 09, 2019
Sundaygeorge:
What is the name of the tribe...in Brazil,that descend from Yoruba
Yoruba...See your mind don come down now...We are distinct people with a common lineages culture.. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Btruth: 7:37am On Jun 09, 2019
Mraphel:

ORANMIYAN first Oba of Benin traces Origin to ile ife
I think someone needs to remind that arrogant Oba of Lagos this someday. He is not getting his history well at all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by SjMbula(m): 7:38am On Jun 09, 2019
Good one, boko haram should show us their descendant in sa'udi, ndi ara.
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by reuben79: 7:39am On Jun 09, 2019
EdiAbali:

Both the one in Brazil and the ones in Nigeria are all descendants of the Benin Kingdom

where is origins of Benin kingdom?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by congo4ka: 7:40am On Jun 09, 2019
Sundaygeorge:
What is the name of the tribe...in Brazil,that descend from Yoruba

The call them Tabon or Aguda tribe, it is part of Brazilian tribe wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Unlimitk(m): 7:45am On Jun 09, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
see foreign afonjas.. Funny in Brazil alot of Igbos are serving diz foreign afonjas perhaps is because they are in South America not Southwest �������

I feel good kparan kparann feel good so good ����
I don't understand what u just wrote
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Rotimi47: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

I think it was during the slave-trade migration, not only Brazil but other countries too. Then lots of Yorubas indegene of other africa countries like Togo, Benin republic and co.

But the most wide spread Nigerian tribe are the Hausa/fulanis. I think there usual illiteracy, religious fanaticism and the rest is why no one is talking about them.

Ghana been making efforts to drive out the ga fulani tribe out of Ghana since.
It The fulanis and closely followed by the Yorubas but do note that Hausa s are different from fulanis as they are different tribes but co-exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by RiyaGoddess(f): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2019
Whao Op are you for real?
Are these my brothers & sisters?
Whao proudly Yoruba.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by grandstar(m): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2019
Some of these people are white. They probably have some Yoruba ancestry generations past. I also suspect that some outsiders may have joined in the worship.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by nickyvil: 7:48am On Jun 09, 2019
EdiAbali:

Benin Ko, Togo ni, Yoruba as a whole have their kingdom.. Lagos is part of not whole of yoruba

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by EvilMetahuman: 7:51am On Jun 09, 2019
grandstar:
Some of these people are white. They probably have some Yoruba ancestry generations past. I also suspect that some outsiders may have joined in the worship.
having white skin doesn't make you white.

They are mostly mixed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by MrBONE2(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2019
9jayes:
I know Neymar is a yoruba man

YEah and RonaldinHo is a Fulani Man grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2019
EdiAbali:

Next time just say; "Oba of Lagos Island or Eleko" is/are descendant of Benin not the whole Lagos. Most of the Obas in Lagos state are mostly from Awori, Ijebu and Egba. Ikorodu for example are Remo/Ijebu origin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:55am On Jun 09, 2019
Unlimitk:

I don't understand what u just wrote
OK
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:55am On Jun 09, 2019
sankout:

You mean ipob are serving afonja
Indirectly in Brazil
yes sir

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by grandstar(m): 7:58am On Jun 09, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
having white skin doesn't make you white.

They are mostly mixed.

Like Wentworth Miller. They are basically white to most of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Emkingz: 8:02am On Jun 09, 2019
This are the kind of news I wish we can be hearing everyday about Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by proxillin(m): 8:03am On Jun 09, 2019
arazanbal:

who told you he was the first oba of binis, the ogiso's existed even before is father

U don't use the word oba before oranmiyan..go and read.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:05am On Jun 09, 2019
EdiAbali:

tongue you no dey shame? How can you say death is children of sleep? Can't you see big distance? How can you say Yoruba come from Benin? Go to Congo, Benin republic,Togo, etc there some native Yoruba in those countries they called them (yorubodie ) there are also some part here in Nigeria and their tongue is very close to Yoruba and the some word meaning are close to each other example igala in kogi, it's easier to communicate between yorubodie than Beni people, it's clear that yoruba have 1 tongue before it split around Africa and overseas, and the fact is oromiyan ( deaf and dumb) one of odudua son was father of Beni people. Pls show some respect we are your father not your brother or son. Ok?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

They speak a version of Yoruba!
It's very difficult to comprehend but the similarity is very high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQBG_0ShlUs

Check this out

Cc: compton11
Thanks for sharing this video. There was a day, I watched one documentary called; "My Cuba" one of the episodes focused on the Cubans of African descent. Their Yoruba is a bit similar to the standard Yoruba, but there are variations in which it is spoken/written just like any other languages. One needs to listen attentively when they speak.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by enemyofprogress: 8:07am On Jun 09, 2019
See as that one resemble ajepako
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by vioment: 8:11am On Jun 09, 2019
People wey dey talk say yoruba is from brazil dey funny me, how can you be from brazil when dey took you from nigeria to brazil in the first place. Some of them are igbos and other africans, it was yorubas dat were the more recent immigrants there and the more pronounced ones in the later years of slavery. Go and read history.

I'm impressed with them knowing our culture and adding their twist to it. If naija was okay, we would be like a rich euro country because all these people and more will want to come and visit and even live due to their ancestry.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:14am On Jun 09, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Whao Op are you for real?
Are these my brothers & sisters?
Whao proudly Yoruba.
Yes, they are your brothers and sisters across the Atlantic. We still have many of them in Cuba, Haiti and other Carribean nations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by chigo5(m): 8:24am On Jun 09, 2019
Unlimitk:

Just shut d fekk up if u don't have any contributions here
actually Wat he said is true, in Brazil race is not done genetically, they use skin tone, some one like Barack Obama will not b called black but pardo(mixed race) there a lot of white people with black skin whose ancestor's are mostly white That c dem self's as black, in a family some will b black skinned, white skinned and brown skinned, Brazil is not like USA where people usually marry from there race alone, there in Brazil everyone almost Hv some ancestors from oda race be it Indian, Asian, Europe and Africa, u can b white but genetically u r black, tomorrow u have children u will b surprised that one of dem is darker than odas, look at the picture of those Yoruba decents, some looks white, mixed and black, former Chelsea player Ramirez might b white after all.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 09, 2019
Mraphel:

ORANMIYAN the first Oba of Benin traces his Origin to ile ife

oga keep quite , oranmiya is the son of izoduwa who you guys call oduduwa, he was a banish prince who ran to ile-ife , get your face right , the first rulers of benin are the ogiso
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by gregyboy(m): 8:25am On Jun 09, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

tongue you no dey shame? How can you say death is children of sleep? Can't you see big distance? How can you say Yoruba come from Benin? Go to Congo, Benin republic,Togo, etc there some native Yoruba in those countries they called them (yorubodie ) there are also some part here in Nigeria and their tongue is very close to Yoruba and the some word meaning are close to each other example igala in kogi, it's easier to communicate between yorubodie than Beni people, it's clear that yoruba have 1 tongue before it split around Africa and overseas, and the fact is oromiyan ( deaf and dumb) one of odudua son was father of Beni people. Pls show some respect we are your father not your brother or son. Ok?
oduduwa was a benin prince and he was not a god as the yoruba presumed him to be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid / Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.