Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It (21815 Views)

Nigerian Man Arrested In Uk For Preaching In An Open Place / Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos / Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Danwakae(m): 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
iammo:

There is diference between Goverment and Governor. if a Governor abuses an already established law , the chur or mosque can proceed to other arms of Goverment to interpret the law, they can even pursue it till it reaches the supreme court. and there is no Governor begger than supreme court

I'm speaking with respect to the religious bills by Gov. Nasr El-Rufai, its not yet at the federal level, the Constitution also aknowledges state bills, as such, u can take it to court.

Please try and go through the Kaduna state religious bill, u have not seen it, with that bill, all Imans and pastors, mosques and churches activities are subjected to the state gov. from the El-Rufai proposed bill....please go and check it, so u can see my angle of arguement
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Billy0naire(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
All Religions should be banned.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by newmanadrian(m): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
Now I understand why el rufai removed his Christian deputy for a muslim-muslim ticket.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by taiwofisa: 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
Kyase:

Me too
Mosques too plenty for this side, dem need to reduce them, their noise early morning no dey sweet me at all...

The law will not affect Muslims or mosques in any way. The law is to prohibit evangelism and night vigil, which are alien to Muslims. It will also not stop early morning noise because the law stops religious activities only between 11pm and 4am
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:24pm On Jun 09, 2019
Elslim:
This bill should be passed at federal level....
bros it's gonna be one sided biased.

It will not be wholesome encompassing.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
Islam a religion of peace. Bombing, maiming, killing, fucking in their heavens, forcing people to accept their beliefs at the gun point is their way of life. Islam a Religion of peace, paece, peeca, cepae.

Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by meditator(m): 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2019
Jokerman:
Lol.... So you'd stop Christians from doing morning cries or evening cries?? Or if a Christian wants to preach to lost souls in a bus, he'd need a license??

Seems they'd have to arrest a lot of Christians then
Why should someone disturb the peace of the entire people in a bus ? its not all d people in there that are Christians and its not all the Christians that might be interested. If you want to preach, open a church and don't incite violence
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by meditator(m): 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
Destiny34:
Islam is a curse!
No, its not a curse. Islam is a religion of peace that accommodates all. don't learn or judge it from those that practice it because they are imperfect. Read the Quran and learn the life of prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) and believe u me, u will have a different perception about Islam.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Jokerman(m): 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
meditator:
Why should someone disturb the peace of the entire people in a bus ? its not all d people in there that are Christians and its not all the Christians that might be interested. If you want to preach, open a church and don't incite violence

The preaching too is not by force... He who hath a ear, let him hear!!!
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Rubbish excuse.

Make ur mosque sound proof n stop disturbing people who are sleeping.

Muslim prayer early in the morning can last long, it depends on which particular mosque.

U don't wanna compare the sound that comes from a mosque and some churches.Do u?
While the forma is a recitation of the holy Quran(which is soothing,low and not a disturbia),the latter is some sort of noise from musical instruments in which same neighborhood faithfuls hardly stomach.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by GodisGreat4vr: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2019
meditator:
No, its not a curse. Islam is a religion of peace that accommodates all. don't learn or judge it from those that practice it because they are imperfect. Read the Quran and learn the life of prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) and believe u me, u will have a different perception about Islam.
Nobody in the entire cosmos can battle with my Lord Yahweh Sabaoth and live in this life and in the afterlives...
Every generation has a herod of her time but the end of herod is always the same, destruction and eternal chaos...
My Lord Yahweh Sabaoth will do battle for the weak and the defenceless...
Woe unto man, made of dust, that stand in the way of his Creator, my Lord Yahweh Sabaoth, his end will be swift and merciless...
Woe unto ye that qoute this revelation... My Lord Yahweh Sabaoth vengeance will destroy you unto your fifth generation...for my Lord Yahweh Sabaoth is The Lord of Hosts, for a thousand years is like
a moment before Elohim...Holy,Holy,Holy is The Lord my Lord Yahweh Sabaoth.... angry
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by AuroraB(f): 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
We know it's targeted at Christians
Damnn right and deserving of it!
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by SKGtalkof9jaboi: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
Oil dey ur head
tactius:

The problem with the license is that

1.It essentially gives any governor power to determine what a cleric would preach and by extension determine doctrine for any religious grouping.. Are governors religious experts??

2.It can be used to supress one religion and elevate the other...and knowing Kaduna state's histroy with religion...

3.It creates problems.

4.Exactly how is government going to determine what the right theology is that should be preached?? How?

Now I know why the government is doing this.....but government must not be allowed to regulate religious beleif. It is a dangerous preccedent.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by luluman: 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
iammo:
sad

SMH for this CAN of hypocrites

US has laws regulating Religion

UK has laws regulating Religion

Israel has laws Regulating Religion

but bring such to backward Africa and watch them turn it to something to fight about

Yes we have Freedom of speech, however if you say any treasonable anti national word, you are guilty of a capital crime, if you use your speech to tarnish other peoples images you are guilty of Libel or defamation, If you use speech to decieve people for gratification or money you are guilty of fruad.

We have Freedom of Religion and Association, however if an Imam wakes up one morning and calls for the killing of people who dont share his faith, then we need a law that would postulate apporpraite punishment for him

Most of this Ignorant Biased Hypocrite havent even read a copy of the proposed law

Anyways even Jesus said "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven".

Obviously you are one of those that will not make heaven for being an anti Christ.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Gforce2019: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The law is to regulate religion.

No need to quote bible

Which one is supreme in your life ? Govt law or God's instructions?
Fill in the gap yourself
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by iammo(m): 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
luluman:
Obviously you are one of those that will not make heaven for being an anti Christ.

Kpele oo minister of heaven affiars. time would tell na, if hypocrites would make heaven
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by djoey89: 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
you mumu sha.

5am wasn't included, intact the time Muslim pray wasn't included.

But the time Christian worshipped even all night is affected

You too is a mumu, if you cant present your arguement without insult... stupid thing...
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by saintokwuluora(m): 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
rexchazy:
I support the license 100%
While Christianity may face some challenges because of this law as the Church uses persuation to propagate the gospel, Islam uses compulsion to make people submit. Therefore this law in essence is designed against Christianity.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Stephench: 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2019
This is sad. Knowing who El ruffai is. I would be happy if a sensible human was on seat and decided to either regulate or even out rightly ban religion
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by TruthinAction: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2019
It's a breach of fundamental human right. The constitution permits freedom of worship and association. If Kaduna rejects Jesus, they have a very bleak future. Christians should seek God's divine intervention. It's the beginning of persecution. But the gates of hell will not prevail in Jesus name.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by GEEBITE: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
You are becoming infamous as a purveyor of falsehood. Please quote the US laws regulating religion.Have you ever gone through the first amendment and its statuteson making laws on religion by the Congress. You always try to sound cerebral but you are very hollow on most issues you try to dabble into.I think you are not worth paying attention to but you will certainly get called out if you continue to peddle falsehood.
iammo:
sad

SMH for this CAN of hypocrites

US has laws regulating Religion

UK has laws regulating Religion

Israel has laws Regulating Religion

but bring such to backward Africa and watch them turn it to something to fight about

Yes we have Freedom of speech, however if you say any treasonable anti national word, you are guilty of a capital crime, if you use your speech to tarnish other peoples images you are guilty of Libel or defamation, If you use speech to decieve people for gratification or money you are guilty of fruad.

We have Freedom of Religion and Association, however if an Imam wakes up one morning and calls for the killing of people who dont share his faith, then we need a law that would postulate apporpraite punishment for him

Most of this Ignorant Biased Hypocrite havent even read a copy of the proposed law

Anyways even Jesus said "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven".

Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by iammo(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2019
GEEBITE:
You are becoming infamous as a purveyor of falsehood. Please quote the US laws regulating religion.Have you ever gone through the first amendment and its statuteson making laws on religion by the Congress. You always try to sound cerebral but you are very hollow on most issues you try to dabble into.I think you are not worth paying attention to but you will certainly get called out if you continue to peddle falsehood.

You came late Son, i know you are hungry for my attention, unfortunately i dont have any fvck left to give on this subject. you can move on with you B.S to the next guy that have some fvck left to give

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by GEEBITE: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
Prosecuted because they forced money out of your pocket. God's gift to us is freewill.
semyman:
CAN and criminality is becoming worrisome.

All churches compelling members to pay tithes and offerings should be investigated and prosecuted.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
Billy0naire:
All Religions should be banned.
sir I don't know if you will agree to this,but I read a book where it was written that if you want to achieve a particular result, and you know someone who has produced that results successfully;then you have to model that person. And you have produced the results I want to have, so I would like your permission to ask you few questions, in order to learn a thing or two from you..... I know you might not reply this message, but please do;it would go a long way
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by BBYYOLA: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
Part of our problem in Nigeria is that we are too emotional. We attach sentiment to almost everything. If a law is made by Christian leader we it is anti-muslims, if made by muslim leader we say it is anti-christians.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this law. Infact the new law will affect Muslims preachers even more.

And with all fairness both JNI and CAN where invited as stakeholders to make inputs and contributions but CAN refused to partake. At least they should participates to make inputs.

Please you people should try to find the law and go through it.

I recommend it for passage as law for the entire Nigeria.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Pataricatering(f): 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
why so bigoted ? I thought Christians should show love ? Why are you being a bad example of your religion ?
Destiny34:
Islam is a curse!
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
Gforce2019:

Which one is supreme in your life ? Govt law or God's instructions?
Fill in the gap yourself

All religious laws are made by humans.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
danjumakolo:

U don't wanna compare the sound that comes from a mosque and some churches.Do u?
While the forma is a recitation of the holy Quran(which is soothing,low and not a disturbia),the latter is some sort of noise from musical instruments in which same neighborhood faithfuls hardly stomach.

It is fact that Christians make far more noise.

But at the same time Muslims make noise too.

Religious gatherings should simply be sound proof, simple.
Re: Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It by incentive: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2019
Fulanizing and ismazing in disguise. wakeup Nigerians! A little drops of water makes a mighty OCEAN. This is how it normally start. Wake-up bribe leaders!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Donates N1m To A Baby Who Lost His Mother After Delivery(pics) / Even As A Bible Reader, You Don't Know These Facts / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.