Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast (15679 Views)

Does ANYONE Have An Idea Of What THIS Is Called ? / See The Best Way To Serve Your Man Breakfast. (photo) / Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 9:36am On Oct 01, 2010
What do you guys/gals consider to be a Nigerian breakfast?
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by babyme1(f): 9:38am On Oct 01, 2010
It depends on the individual. Personally i take tea and bread with some eggs most mornings, or i go for oat meal. As i said, it's all about preference.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by denzel2009: 10:22am On Oct 01, 2010
Akamu and akara

or Risky burger - Mallams bread and egg
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by cibilola(f): 11:49am On Oct 01, 2010
moi-moi and ogi
rice and beans grin
agoyin beans and bread (my personal fav. when i'm in lagos)
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2010
denzel2009:

Akamu and akara

or Risky burger - Mallams bread and egg

Risky burger - Mallams bread and egg?

cibilola:

moi-moi and ogi
rice and beans grin
agoyin beans and bread (my personal fav. when i'm in lagos)

Mmmm, I like moi moi for breakfast too. Sometimes when I have moi moi batter left over I'll make akara. I pretty much eat whatever I can get my hands on grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

What do you guys/gals consider to be a Nigerian breakfast?

Ripe plantain if in Nigeria, but here I prefer McSkillet Burrito with Sausage , even tho I ain't so much in-love with breakfast as long as I have em coffee
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Ranoscky(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
Yam and bread with thick kunu !!! grin

Onwu!!!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Odunnu: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
My breakfast most days is Okpa (bambara nuts) & Mineral, or Moi -moi and mineral/malt.
Its not healthy but now I cant help it.
I dont eat rice,I CANT drink tea even if my life depended on it.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Odunnu: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
My breakfast most days is Okpa (bambara nuts) & Mineral, or Moi -moi and mineral/malt.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by JUO(m): 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
no breakfast in Nigeria because we eat ones or twice a day
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by blackmann(m): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
yam and eggs, ogi and beans, bread and eggs with tea, anything goes for me as long as it is edible, even amala.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by freshera: 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2010
Yam and snail/smoked fish/beef stew with tea
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2010
If i'm in Lagos= well prepared Indomie Noddles.
Enugu = Akamu(pap) & Ogba(special baked beans from the East).
Village = fruits(pinaples,paw paw,Orange,Mango,peer, Guava,Apple,banana,plantain, ) any one i could lay may hands on.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by wyt(m): 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2010
Akpu and unubu soup to keep you strong for the day.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by cibilola(f): 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ranoscky:

Yam and bread with thick kunu !!! grin

Onwu!!!

yam and bread ke?? are you sure? they don't compliment each other at all!! undecided
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by harakiri(m): 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
Bread and Big stout with 2 sticks of Benson for dessert.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2010
Mmmm, a lot of these things sound yummy. Lol, I'm such a fatašš!!!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
i can live on amala and gbegiri nite and day
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by denzel2009: 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
Odunnu:

What is mineral?
Inked_Nerd:

[size=11pt][font=times]
Risky burger - Mallams bread and egg?

Yeah, bread and fried eggs by mallams
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by ultrarich: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
Sorry, am going to go off your topic please, can you tell me how to make new post. Am new to this forum.

Thanks
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by 1forall: 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
harakiri:

Bread and Big stout with 2 sticks of Benson for dessert.

LOOOL!  grin grin

As for me an early breakfast would be rice, plantain (with dry beans maybe), lots of stew and a cold coke. A late breakfast would be amala with ewedu/efo and meat (pref goat meat). Unfortunately I cant have any of the above now, so I have to make do with the crap they have here. How I miss my amala joints!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by jaybee3(m): 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
Yam and egg
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by 1forall: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2010
ultrarich:

Sorry, am going to go off your topic please, can you tell me how to make new post. Am new to this forum.

Thanks

Here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-142313.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-294521.0.html

Hope that helps. . . back to topic
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by ezeagu(m): 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
denzel2009:

What is mineral?

Miri ara is soft drink.

Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by denony(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
strong akpu with oha soup
to keep body and soul going grin
there is nothing i cannot eat at any time
I can even take tea/cofee for lunch grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by MissyB3(f): 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
Akara and pap
Akara and Garri
Akara and Bread
Akara and whurreva.
If you don't start with akara, You've not started the day well. grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Builder: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2010
For me i like beans and palm oil. Yes, so that i can suffocate my useless boss with some assorted loud and silent fart. Useless woman!!!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by omega25red(m): 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
men this brings back boarding school memories

pap and moi moi
beans and yam (massacare days lol)
yam and eggs
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by teeboyseve(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2010
Custard and moi moi or akara,
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Odunnu: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
ezeagu:

Miri ara is soft drink.

Bad boy!!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by buzugee(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
banana and orange juice.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by aieromon(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2010
Bread,egg & tea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Class Of Food Is Plantain? / As A Single, Do You Cook Or Eat Outside? / Quality Commercial Kitchen Equipment Offer Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.