Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? (21959 Views)

Should I Drop Out Or Not? / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by frugal(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
No.

You're not doing anything significant to warrant dropping out of school.

If you were a programming wizkid, developed an app or solution, built a team and gotten atleast a $250,000 angel investment, then it would make sense. You wouldn't even need to open a nairaland thread to make a decision.

4 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by doublecross(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
my friend, this is simple. if the business is legit, it will still be there waiting for you after school. so get done with your education; it's just 4 years. with your certificate, it means you didn't put all your eggs in one basket. be wise. education is the key! don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Peperpeelz(m): 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
To be straight my brother, I’ll advice you to sort for extras tips elsewhere and continue with your school coz school as it’s own impact (trust me) or better still you can quit full time school and enroll in open university or any weekend lectures and continue your business, it’s your personal opinion that matters but think wisely, no business last forever. If you must drop out then enrol in part time school (peace) ...*hurry typed error prompt*
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
Part-time is an option.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
Belial06:
Somebody wants to have a career selling gala in traffic and will be beating his wife after going from church to church and they say his failure is from his village

[img]https://media1./images/a53be6cc904e63941709e5f7eae8f4e1/tenor.gif?itemid=3393233[/img]

some graduate cannot even afford to sell gala in this country.
degree does not guarantee being better off financially

3 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Belial06: 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mk93:

some graduate cannot even afford to sell gala in this country.
degree does not guarantee being better off financially

But having a degree is still better than not !!!!!
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Contumely: 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
temiitayo:
Well I’m in your shoes. I just finished from uni and I started my company as a side hustle but now I’m earning over 300K a month and getting more clients that I’ve employed 3 more people. The issue is I applied for Unilag (just for applying sake) and I gained admission for Msc. My uncle has paid for it but it’s really clashing with my work. I’m really confused right now

Idiotic scammer with less than 10k in account forming boss.

Imbecilic animal.

You want people to start chatting you up abi?

5 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by doublecross(m): 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
Donbosco46:
You dey go school to make money if na me follow money na money be fine Bobo
wrong advise. what if the online stuff crashes! School is the ultimate irrespective of the hardship this country might have caused you

2 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by MOVIC6: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
In Nigeria, get money, outside get education....
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by tunize(m): 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
This skill of urs, pls can u show me??
also my advice for u bro is to try do both cos we go to school for opportunities of getting a job and making money. sometimes wen you start making real cash education might be out of the mind. buh i'll advice u plan ur time and do both if u can before u know it u're done with school.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Dizzytee: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
namiji2598:
what are u saying sirI think money can take u places and nt school
u said it all.. education is d key it exposes u but money takes u round d globe.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by IkemChris(m): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
You can learn how to manage both. Your education is also as important as your skill. Manage both and you will see the great benefit of them both

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by chamber2(m): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
How sustainable is this income/skill in the longrun without education? You need to consider longterm sustainability before making a decision to dropout of school.

My advise is that you find a way to create a balance for the both as they are equally important. Since the skill is online based why not get a mobile device that will allow work even while waiting for lectures. For me, the best time to go to school is when you're still young with limited distractions

6 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Giftty40: 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
Uber/bolt driver needed
30k weekly rental
Toyota Matrix
Guarantor needed.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by namiji2598: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
Dizzytee:

u said it all.. education is d key it exposes u but money takes u round d globe.
u go use ur certificate book flight ticket education only brings a change in behavior and nothing more

5 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by namiji2598: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
Giftty40:
Uber/bolt driver needed 30k weekly rental Toyota Matrix Guarantor needed. 08034316683
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:
Good morning nairalanders

Plz I really need ur advice,i opened a thread last year whether to focus on my skill or continue with education where I got different response to continue with education but now I'm thinking in a different way.
My skill is still there which i'm unable to use here in school, but I found out another source of income(which is LEGIT) but this source clashes with my time table in school

I have to be online from 1:00pm-11:00pm (which is 7:00am-5:00pm over there but sometimes I might jst be online for 3-4hrs and still make better stuffs and jst log out ) to be able to a meet up with things.

I did this last month not up to two weeks and I'm able to make more than 100,000 which i'm very happy
So my main concern now is that is it advisable for me to leave school and focus more on this stuff I'm doing (I'm in 100l and we are in our second semester and lecture started last week which handicapped me from doing this work)

Because it is very impossible for me to be in the lecture hall and be running this stuff because i'm already concluding that I shd jst leave this sch and go rent a small apartment and continue this work I'm doing
So Plss ADVICE is urgently needed for me to know the path to follow so as not to regret later

Education this and education that is what has gotten Nigeria to this point "massive unemployment of unproductive graduates" guy if what you are doing is a skilled job please continues doing it , master it and employ the graduates for 10k a month that's all they are worth.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Waterlrd: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
olamil34:

What do you do if i may ask.
The boy is a scammer strategist, but, we are here waiting for him.
I have been silently following.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
You can always go to school when you want but 100k in 2 weeks your degree may not fetch for you in your early stage,grab this opportunity you have seen,you even school with NOUN,that is the best option for you,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by kingjrofficial(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
What type of work do u do that gives u 100k ini2weeks Tell us more on howu earn from ur legit work... So that we can be able to differentiate BTW the skull and business...

Coz this buharu regime Sef...

I raise my comment

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:

Plz I really need ur advice,i opened a thread last year whether to focus on my skill or continue with education where I got different response to continue with education but now I'm thinking in a different way.
My skill is still there which i'm unable to use here in school, but I found out another source of income(which is LEGIT) but this source clashes with my time table in school

I have to be online from 1:00pm-11:00pm (which is 7:00am-5:00pm over there but sometimes I might jst be online for 3-4hrs and still make better stuffs and jst log out ) to be able to a meet up with things.

I did this last month not up to two weeks and I'm able to make more than 100,000 which i'm very happy
So my main concern now is that is it advisable for me to leave school and focus more on this stuff I'm doing (I'm in 100l and we are in our second semester and lecture started last week which handicapped me from doing this work)

Because it is very impossible for me to be in the lecture hall and be running this stuff because i'm already concluding that I shd jst leave this sch and go rent a small apartment and continue this work I'm doing
So Plss ADVICE is urgently needed for me to know the path to follow so as not to regret later
i go like join this ur hustle oh,whats it about?.....abeg drop d Bleep out you hear me or write a letter to your school about taken leave of school so when u return u had start from second semester bill gates did it and never returned sha grin grin grin grin lol..do the business for 1 year and save up to return to school ..no be who finish first they finish well

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by kingjrofficial(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2019
Waterlrd:
The boy is a scammer strategist, but, we are here waiting for him.
I have been silently following.
take it easy naa
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by dboY1123(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:

Which work is that bro?? Can you enlighten me arbeg

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2019
MOVIC6:
In Nigeria, get money, outside get education....
Wrong bro, in Nigeria get money , outside get skill, money would follow. I have seen a Capenter who earn $50 an hour that's so more than most graduates can earn in a life time .

2 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2019
Belial06:

But having a degree is still better than not !!!!!
you can always get a degree at any age in life.
this country is so fuçkup that frustration can make a degree owner to accept anything as salary just to survive . most people degree always end up wasting because after school, there is no one to engage them and they become inactive and frustrated and you know too much inactivity can make one to become useless.
rushing into school just to rush out so you can be call a graduate is not the way

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
SimSify:
He who wears the shoe knows if it fits.

you should know what you want.. don't come here and start disturbing us..

If you a Christian ask the Holy Spirit..

A Muslim you are on your own oo..
funny guy...ur yarninz dey burst head aswear ���.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by kingjrofficial(m): 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
stephenmorris:
i go like join this ur hustle oh,whats it about?.....abeg drop d Bleep out you hear me or write a letter to your school about taken leave of school so when u return u had start from second semester bill gates did it and never returned sha grin grin grin grin lol..do the business for 1 year and save up to return to school ..no be who finish first they finish well
becareful of fraudulent activity...
He works Online for Several Hours...

I Hate To Say I Told Yu...
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by octavia77(m): 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
money answereth all things
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Dizzytee: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
namiji2598:
u go use ur certificate book flight ticket education only brings a change in behavior and nothing more
I dey feel u.
see likes of wizkid they made money b4 going 2 sch! that is even if e went to sch atall..
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
Georgekyrian:
Baba is still the same thing I’m facing currently, online job + school , without school I focus with school I lose focus and bet me me - money = depression.. so recently I took the bold step of suspending school for now and follow it spiritually because I’m almost done. And next month I will be relocating outside the State of my school.. Life for you
..wrong move there are other options ..which suit working class such as you .you should have really researched before taking that decisions

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dentistry Or Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative And Who Earns More? / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance / Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.