Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team (6704 Views)

Nigerian Female National Team, Prepared To Face France......(see Pic) / Nigerian Players Who Have Never Played For The National Team / President Buhari Give N1million Each To Nigerian Female National Basketball Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
Meet Nigerian born Chinyelugo Asher.

She will be leading Jamaican national team against brazil tonight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by success1smyn(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
They will chop like 4

1 Like

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
♠️

With that pimples on her face...
No wonder Nigeria rejected her for the talentless.
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by Davash222(m): 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2019
Dear Igbos, abeg to attain greatness no dey taya una??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
The world is our playground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwe9N4Zii3s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by crestedaguiyi: 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
American born, until she join bad gang

1 Like

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by Shinjitsu: 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
'igbos Are The Most Intelligent Black race

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by ThePreachersSon: 8:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
Asher, a talented player, knocked in a few wonderful goals. I love her freckles. Anyway, she's not Nigerian. Her mother is Cameroonian and her father is Jamaican. There are Igbo's in Cameroon too. And you may want to correct that "... nigerian born..." she was born in Maryland.

But we do have a Nigerian in that squad, Olufolasade Ayomide Danielle "Sade" Adamolekun (pictured below). She's fantastic, and at 18 I think she's got a bright career ahead of her.

But my favorite players on the Reggae Girlz remains Khadija Bunny Shaw and Jody Brown

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by Emilokoiyawon: 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2019
Lies. There is only 1 Nigerian in that team and she is Yoruba not Igbo. Igbos and lies...like Benson and Hedges.

Olufolasade Ayomide Danielle "Sade" Adamolekun

1 Like

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2019
ThePreachersSon:
Asher, a talented player, knocked in a few wonderful goals. I love her freckles. Anyway, she's not Nigerian. Her mother is Cameroonian and her father is Jamaican. There are Igbo's in Cameroon too. And you may want to correct that "... nigerian born..." she was born in Maryland.

But we do have a Nigerian in that squad, Olufolasade Ayomide Danielle "Sade" Adamolekun (pictured below). She's fantastic, and at 18 I think she's got a bright career ahead of her.

But my favorite players on the Reggae Girlz remains Khadija Bunny Shaw and Jody Brown

You can push your Yoruba without denying other their identity. What makes Chinyelugo a Cameroonian? The fact is she igbo, That u can’t take away.

Again, by your hypocrisy, igbos in Cameroon are from where if I may ask?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by MVLOX(m): 12:54am On Jun 10, 2019
It's alright...
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by budaatum: 1:41am On Jun 10, 2019
manchy7531:

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by budaatum: 1:48am On Jun 10, 2019
ThePreachersSon:

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by uthlaw: 4:57am On Jun 10, 2019
Davash222:
Dear Igbos, abeg to attain greatness no dey taya una??
greatness by smuggling heroin from nation to nations, the like of Gabriel agbolahon,dele Ali,David alaba,haruna lukman are igbo also...this set of people should be giving Biafra,so the name called Nigeria can be save!
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:39am On Jun 10, 2019
Igbo amaka

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by femi4: 5:44am On Jun 10, 2019
manchy7531:

And they lost woefully to a 34 yr old woman hattrick

She's a Cameroonian .....stop claiming her

1 Like

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 7:25am On Jun 10, 2019
femi4:
And they lost woefully to a 34 yr old woman hattrick

She's a Cameroonian .....stop claiming her

The same way anthony joshua and dele Ali are British and chiwetel ejiofor is American, Ode.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by Lagbaja01(m): 7:27am On Jun 10, 2019
Biafra
manchy7531:

You can push your Yoruba without denying other their identity. What makes Chinyelugo a Cameroonian? The fact is he has Nigerian root. That u can’t take away.

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by TSRC: 7:34am On Jun 10, 2019
The majority of Jamaicans are from igbo origin anyway.

So how is this a big deal? If you run DNA test on the Jamaican national team, you would find that most of them are igbo.
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 7:40am On Jun 10, 2019
[quote author=budaatum post=79179593][/quote]

That is what is written, anybody can claim any country..

Igbos are not known to be indigenous to Cameroon, except Igbo migrants who have stayed in Cameroon/Jamaica all their lives and have become Cameroonians/Jamaican. It can never be a coincidence that she answers an Igbo name. CHINYELUGO (meaning, God the giver of joy).

There are Kenyans( the kikiyus) that answer names that sound Igbo but they don’t have the same spelling or meanings

But Chinyelugo is a pure Igbo name, which points to her Igbo heritage.

1 Share

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by femi4: 8:02am On Jun 10, 2019
manchy7531:

The same way anthony joshua and dele Ali are British and chiwetel ejiofor is American, Ode.
olodo ....those you mentioned have Nigerian born on their wiki page. This particular girl is Cameroonian born. Go n get a brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by ThePreachersSon: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2019
manchy7531:

You can push your Yoruba without denying other their identity. What makes Chinyelugo a Cameroonian? The fact is she igbo, That u can’t take away.

Good news! You got my attention. And I'm going to answer you.

I do not push tribalism. I only pointed to the fact that she's not Nigerian. A very harmless something. She's not qualified for a Nigerian passport because she's not Nigerian. I'd refer to your question:what makes her a Cameroonian? Her mother is Cameroonian.

And there are Igbo's in Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Barbados and so on does not mean they are Nigerians. Ask Chinyelugo where she's from? She'd either tell you she's American, or Jamaican. Same with Sade. I just pointed to her roots. That's all. Even if you bring up a counter argument, it still won't make her Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
femi4:
olodo ....those you mentioned have Nigerian born on their wiki page. This particular girl is Cameroonian born. Go n get a brain

Ode, so it’s wikipedia you use to know ones root? If by so, why is AJ Nigerian born even though he has British on his Wikipedia?
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by femi4: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2019
manchy7531:

Ode, so it’s wikipedia you use to know ones root? If by so, why is AJ Nigerian born even though he has British on his Wikipedia?
Olodo, "Nigerian" is also on his wiki page except you are too dull to locate it. Let me help your fish brain

Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua was born on 15 October 1989 in Watford, Hertfordshire, the son of Yeta and Robert Joshua.[3] His mother is Nigerian, while his father is of Nigerian and Irish ancestry.[4][5]
Joshua's Nigerian background can be specifically traced back to the Yoruba people.[6][7][5] His cousin, Ben Ileyemi, is also a professional boxer. The pair made their professional debuts together in 2013.[8]

Joshua spent some of his early years in Nigeria as a boarding school student[9] at Mayflower School in Ikenne.[10]

The Williams sisters have a sister named Yetunde cos their parents once had a Yoruba neighbor with that name which their mother love. Does that make Yetunde a yoruba/Nigerian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by budaatum: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
manchy7531:

Let us know if you can work out AJ's connection to Nigeria from the following. You might understand that he is British because he was born in Britain, and Nigerian, because his parent are Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
femi4:
Olodo, "Nigerian" is also on his wiki page except you are too dull to locate it. Let me help your fish brain

Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua was born on 15 October 1989 in Watford, Hertfordshire, the son of Yeta and Robert Joshua.[3] His mother is Nigerian, while his father is of Nigerian and Irish ancestry.[4][5]
Joshua's Nigerian background can be specifically traced back to the Yoruba people.[6][7][5] His cousin, Ben Ileyemi, is also a professional boxer. The pair made their professional debuts together in 2013.[8]

Joshua spent some of his early years in Nigeria as a boarding school student[9] at Mayflower School in Ikenne.[10]

The Williams sisters have a sister named Yetunde cos their parents once had a Yoruba neighbor with that name which their mother love. Does that make Yetunde a yoruba/Nigerian

If you are smart, you should know that Wikipedia can be edited and anything can be written in it..

You guys are just pained about Igbo people’s progress. You keep hating on their success hence anything not to make them shine is welcome.. shame
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2019
The fact still remains that Chinyelugo is an igbo Nigerian name. No other country or tribe in the world answers such name.

She can claim Cameroon or whatever, there a lot of igbos who don’t know their root anymore. the same way anybody can claim any country....

But by their names we always know them.

Even when you google the name Chinyelugo in connection with Cameroon, it still brings out Nigerians and Nigerians living in Cameroon.

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
manchy7531:
The fact still remains that Chinyelugo is an igbo Nigerian name. No other country or tribe in the world answers such name.

She can claim Cameroon it what ever.. the same way anybody can claim any country....

But by their names we always know them.

Even when you google the name Chinyelugo in connection with Cameroon, it still brings out Nigerians and Nigerians living in Cameroon.

Atleast one of her parents is Igbo...

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by budaatum: 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
manchy7531:

If you are smart, you should know that Wikipedia can be edited and anything can be written in it..
Don't mind that yeye wiki. I'm sure anybody wrote Nigeria on AJ too?

1 Like

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by manchy7531: 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
budaatum:

Don't mind that yeye wiki. I'm sure anybody wrote Nigeria on AJ too?

Until you show me Cameroonians and Jamaicans answering Chinyelugo as their first and second names, you are not making any sense
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by budaatum: 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
manchy7531:

Until you show me Cameroonians and Jamaicans answering Chinyelugo as their first and second names, you are not making any sense
There a quite a lot of people bearing Igbo and other Nigerian names and the fact that you don't know that does not make it not true. Jamaicans specifically, love Nigerian names. They use our words too.
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by IkpuMmadu: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
ThePreachersSon:

Good news! You got my attention. And I'm going to answer you.

I do not push tribalism. I only pointed to the fact that she's not Nigerian. A very harmless something. She's not qualified for a Nigerian passport because she's not Nigerian. I'd refer to your question:what makes her a Cameroonian? Her mother is Cameroonian.

And there are Igbo's in Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Barbados and so on does not mean they are Nigerians. Ask Chinyelugo where she's from? She'd either tell you she's American, or Jamaican. Same with Sade. I just pointed to her roots. That's all. Even if you bring up a counter argument, it still won't make her Nigerian.

She is Igbo but might not be a Nigerian..oat Igbo don't want to be Nigerians either

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sports Photo Quiz 1 / SHOCKING Uganda POLICE SEXUALLY assaulted FEMALE SOCCER FANS in pretext of check / Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.